The Washington Wizards are preparing to offer Toronto Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri a deal that could approach $10 million annually and deliver him the opportunity for ownership equity, league sources tell ESPN.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis is expected to reach out to Toronto ownership soon to request formal permission to meet with Ujiri and offer a staggering financial package that would include running the Wizards’ basketball operations and, perhaps, taking on a larger leadership role in the Monumental Sports and Entertainment company that oversees the Wizards and NHL’s Capitals, league sources said.
Ujiri’s vision and team building helped deliver the Raptors their first NBA title on Thursday night, beating the two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors in six games.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks