San Antonio’s Marco Belinelli won the 3-point contest at NBA All-Star Saturday night. Belinelli made his final three shots to finish with 19 points, edging Damian Lillard by one to advance to the final from the West. All-Stars Stephen Curry and Kevin Love both finished with 16 points.
Bradley Beal had 21 points to win the East bracket over defending champion Kyrie Irving, Orlando’s Arron Afflalo and Brooklyn All-Star Joe Johnson, who was shooting in slow motion and had three balls left on his final rack and just 11 points when time expired.
Beal then tied Belinelli to force a tiebreaker. Belinelli won it by making six straight shots at one point, sweeping his fourth rack.
via Associated Press
- Cavaliers’ J.B. Bickerstaff names almost half the roster as potential starters
- Thunder G Shai Gilgeous-Alexander thinks losing will end soon
- Nikola Jokic: “I want to be the Tim Duncan of the Denver Nuggets”
- Draymond Green open to playing for Dallas, Detroit, or L.A.
- New NBA app launches today for the 2022-23 season
Main Page1 week ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA League Pass for Australians now 48% cheaper in 2022
NBA6 days ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA7 days ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks