The prevailing thought in NBA circles is the Cavaliers have the long-rumored George Hill deal with Sacramento to fall back on, but would rather make a splashier move with the Clippers around center DeAndre Jordan.
The Cavs have been trying to poach Jordan for most of the season and seem to be pushing harder today to consummate a deal.
Its believed a Cavs offer is built around Tristan Thompson and guard Iman Shumpert and the Cavaliers first-round pick.
With the Clippers reaching a deal yesterday to extend Lou Williams, the pressure to liquidate seems to have come down a little, and according to sources, the Clippers posture on moving Jordan is 100 percent about the best-returning package, not an urgency to dump a pending free agent.
The Clippers have been entertaining offers for a couple of days on Jordan, so they seem to have several things they can do. The prevailing thought in NBA circles is the Cavaliers could win the day by including the unprotected Brooklyn Nets pick, but that seems highly unlikely.
Source: Steve Kyler, Basketball Insiders
- Getting To Know The Four 2023 Dunk Contest Participants
- The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars draft results are in as Paolo Banchero was chosen first by Team Pau
- LeBron James’ all-time scoring record jersey worth over $3 million
- Lakers’ Russell Westbrook And Darvin Ham Had A Heated Exchange Last Night At Halftime
- Simu Liu, Janelle Monae and Ozuna top list of 24 celebrities invited by the NBA to be a part of the All-Star Game
Legal 4 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 1 week ago
Anthony Davis calls out NBA officiating