By virtue of coaching the team that clinched the best record in the West in games played through Feb. 2, Oklahoma City Thunder coach Scott Brooks will coach the Western Conference All-Stars for the 2014 NBA All-Star on Feb. 16 at New Orleans Arena.
Brooks is in his sixth season with Oklahoma City and owns a 270-157 (.632) career mark as the team’s coach.
Brooks coached one previous All-Star Game, leading the West to a 152-149 victory over the East in 2012.
He was also the 2009-10 NBA Coach of the Year.
Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel will lead the Eastern Conference All-Stars.
Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich were ineligible to coach the All-Star game this season after having coached last year’s game.
- Four Things With Frank: The Bucks’ Offense, Cade Cunningham’s Finishing And More
- Devin Booker trails DeMar DeRozan for most go-ahead FGs in final 5 seconds since 2015
- Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
- Nuggets remain perfect at home inspired by Nikola Jokic’s season-high 39 points
- Celtics’ Kristaps Porzingis (calf strain) to be reevaluated in 1 week
NBA 4 days ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NCAA 2 weeks ago
Haley Cavinder Announces Transfer To TCU Amid Rumors of Dating Dallas Cowboys’ TE Jake Ferguson
Main Page 6 days ago
LaMelo Ball becomes 2nd-fastest, 3rd-youngest player in NBA history to reach 500 career 3-pointers
NBA 1 week ago
Jonathan Isaac becomes first athlete to launch signature shoes with Bible verses inscribed on them