With just two games on the WNBA schedule for Aug. 20, 2021, there aren’t a lot of options for basketball bettors to choose from on Friday night. The Seattle Storm will head on the road to take on Sabrina Ionescu and the New York Liberty while Arika Ogunbowale and the Dallas Wings get set to host the Indiana Fever later in the evening. Below, we’ll break down today’s basketball betting picks in the WNBA.
Today’s Basketball Betting Picks
Bovada sportsbook has the Seattle Storm favored by 9.0 points ahead of Friday night’s contest in New York. Meanwhile, Dallas enters Friday’s game as eight-point favorites against the Fever, who come in riding a two-game skid.
Seattle Storm vs. New York Liberty Preview, Odds, and Prediction
Point Spread: SEA -9.0
- Liberty are 8-20 ATS in their last 28 vs. Western Conference.
- Liberty are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Liberty are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 Friday games.
- Storm are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games as a road favorite
Led by the dynamic duo of Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart, the Storm have been the third-best team in the WNBA through 23 games. With a 16-7 overall record, Seattle finds itself just one game back of the Las Vegas Aces and Connecticut Sun for the best overall record in the league. Stewart is tied for third in the WNBA in scoring at 20.6 points per game and is averaging 9.6 rebounds per contest, fifth in the league.
Sabrina Ionescu is already the greatest New York athlete of all time pic.twitter.com/zQFZuqA8ZH
— sean yoo (@SeanYoo) May 15, 2021
The Liberty won the first meeting between these two teams back on Aug. 18 but the Storm were without both Stewart and Bird, who were resting after participating for Team USA in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. With both of their stars back in the lineup, look for the Storm to get their revenge on the road in this game. Take Seattle to avenge their previous loss and cover the spread on the road in New York on Friday evening.
Indiana Fever vs. Dallas Wings Preview, Odds, and Prediction
Point Spread: DAL -8.0
- Wings are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Friday games.
- Wings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite.
- Wings are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight-up win.
- Fever are 7-15 ATS in their last 22 road games.
- Fever are 6-13 ATS in their last 19 games as a road underdog.
- Fever are 6-14 ATS in their last 20 vs. Western Conference.
With just one road win in 11 tries, it’s hard to trust the Fever in this spot. Dallas is coming off of a gritty 80-76 victory against Chicago on Tuesday, snapping a four-game skid despite playing its second straight game without injured forward Satou Sabally.
Wings’ star Arike Ogunbowale currently ranks sixth in the WNBA in scoring at 18.8 points per game and has been one of the best 3-point shooters in the league this season. She’s knocked down a healthy 37.2 percent of her 3-point shots while taking 6.4 attempts per game from deep, tied for the second-highest mark in the WNBA.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 6, 2020
Indiana has dropped both games since the Olympic Break and sports the WNBA’s worst record (4-18) through 22 games. After suffering a close loss against the Phoenix Mercury, this could qualify as a letdown spot on the road for the Fever. Take Dallas to cover the spread in this WNBA contest on Friday night.
- NBA Best Betting Offers For Monday 12/5: Claim Up to $6,000 In Bonuses
- Cavaliers’ Jarrett Allen upgraded to questionable against Lakers
- Jaylen Brown’s Elite All-NBA Talent Could Earn Him Massive Pay Raise
- Grizzlies guard Ja Morant downgraded to doubtful vs. Heat
- Hawks Guard Trae Young Downplays Reported Issue With Head Coach
NBA 2 weeks ago
Ja Morant Drug Tested By NBA For Returning So Quick From Injury
NBA 2 weeks ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
Main Page 1 week ago
Stephen Curry leads NBA in 3-pointers for the 8th time of his career
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Week 6 Power Rankings: Celtics Stay Number One, Jazz Enter Top Three