The Washington Wizards may not be done wheeling and dealing after acquiring former Brooklyn Nets forward Bojan Bogdanovic.
The Wizards are exploring the trade market for point guard Trey Burke and are asking for a second-round draft pick, league sources told Basketball Insiders.
Burke, 24, is in the midst of his first season with the Wizards after being acquired from the Utah Jazz in exchange for a 2021 second-round pick. Burke was drafted ninth overall in the 2013 draft out of the University of Michigan and is in his fourth season overall in the league.
Burke is shooting career highs from the field (.451) and beyond the arc (.417), but is averaging career lows in points (5.0) and minutes per game (12.6) as the primary backup point guard to John Wall.
Burke will earn $3.4 million this season and could become a restricted free agent this summer with a cap hold of $8.5 million according to our salary cap guru, Eric Pincus.
The NBA Trade deadline is February 23 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Head Coach Mark Daigneault Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Knicks vs. Bucks Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Dec. 5)
- Super Max: Is Max Christie a legit rotational player for the Lakers?
- Mavericks’ Tim Hardaway Jr. still No. 1 favorite to win NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Girlfriend Hailey Summers Expecting First Child
NBA 2 weeks ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Timberwolves’ Jaden McDaniels out 2-3 weeks with right ankle sprain
NBA 6 days ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant