While its naming-rights deal in Washington, D.C., won’t expire until 2018, Verizon is not renewing as the title sponsor of the building that it and MCI have held rights to at the home of the Washington Wizards, Capitals, Mystics and the Georgetown men’s basketball team since the building opened in 1997 with a Barry Manilow concert.
Playing it close to the vest, Monumental Sports & Entertainment Chief Revenue Officer Jim Van Stone said in an email only that “we are in the process of beginning to explore” finding a new naming-rights partner for the arena, which is located in the city’s Chinatown section.
NBA Team Salaries
- Dame, It’s Time: Portland Must Part Ways With Lillard
- NBA Betting Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Denver Nuggets vs New York Knicks preview, picks and prediction
- Betting Picks: Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors preview prediction and picks
Main Page2 weeks ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines2 weeks ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton