(Suns’ Earl) Watson’s repeated use of “pounding the rock,” a long-lasting San Antonio Spurs mantra, is no slip of the tongue or mistaken mention. Social reformer Jacob Riis’ classic quote about a stonecutter’s diligence is entrenched in the Spurs culture, which Watson intentionally chose as his first coaching destination last season when he assisted their D-League affiliate in Austin.
“I love what they do in San Antonio,” Watson said. “I want to mirror our program off what they do but make it our own. We’re not trying to create a tradition. We’re trying to uphold a tradition that’s here. We understand that Phoenix is cornerstone of the NBA. It’s time for these players to play for the name on the front, not the back.”
- Dallas Mavericks trade for Kyrie Irving
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Legal 21 hours ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms