The Washington Wizards exercised the fourth-year contract option on guard Bradley Beal and the third-year contract option on small forward Otto Porter.
“Bradley and Otto are both big pieces of the core group of players that we will build around as we continue to improve our team,” Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. “We look forward to them playing significant roles in our success both now and in the future.”
Beal finished second on the team in scoring at 17.5 points per game last season while shooting .419 from the floor and .402 from three-point range to go along with 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists.
Porter was selected third overall by Washington in the 2013 draft. He averaged 2.1 points and 1.5 rebounds in 37 games last season.
- 76ers coach Doc Rivers says Reed, Harrell, and Tucker will back up Embiid
- Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns is ready for season opener
- Domantas Sabonis believes the Kings will end their 16-year playoff drought
- Tyler Herro’s $130 million contract bonuses with Heat revealed
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr on Stephen Curry’s load management: “We have to pace him”
NBA2 weeks ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA2 weeks ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Main Page2 weeks ago
Boston Celtics court design for 2022-23 revealed
Headlines2 weeks ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery