Creighton forward Doug McDermott highlights the list of 15 finalists for the Wooden Award as the nation’s top college basketball player.
The finalists were announced Saturday.
McDermott, a senior, is nearing 3,000 points in his collegiate career. Creighton takes on Providence on Saturday.
The finalists also include three freshmen: Kentucky forward Julius Randle, Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins and Duke forward Jabari Parker.
The Big Ten includes two finalists: Michigan State guard Gary Harris and Michigan guard Nik Stauskas.
Syracuse is the only school with two finalists: guard Tyler Ennis and forward C.J. Fair.
Five other seniors made this list, including Louisville guard Russ Smith, Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier, Cincinnati guard Sean Kilpatrick, Florida forward Casey Prather and Wichita State forward Cleanthony Early.
Arizona guard Nick Johnson is the only junior.
Four sophomores, including Delaware guard Kyle Anderson, are also finalists.
The Wooden Award winner will be announced April 4.
- Warriors sign Andre Iguodala to one-year, $2.91 million contract
- Louisiana online sports betting handle rebounds to avoid six months of consecutive decline
- New Hampshire online sports betting records marginal decrease in August
- Clippers reveal new Statement Edition uniforms for 2022-23 season
- Anthony Davis on injuries: “I’m looking forward to a healthy year”
Main Page1 week ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA1 week ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery