Yao Ming on Jersey Retirement: ‘Happened Too Soon’
Drafted No. 1 overall in 2002, Yao played an integral role in helping the NBA become a global enterprise in China. Now, following a nine-year career that was cut short by foot injuries, Yao will have his No. 11 jersey retired Feb. 2, when the Rockets host the Atlanta Hawks.
“Jersey retired?” Yao said at a news conference officially announcing the event. “It just happened too soon. It’s something I couldn’t have dreamed of. I appreciate everything Houston did for me, the opportunity to come over here and play.” This has been a special year for the center, given that he was inducted into the Hall of Fame last month.
Source: Calvin Watkins of ESPN
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
- Daniel Freitag: The 4-Star Prospect in Wisconsin Badgers’ Sights
- Jaylen Brown Next Team Odds If Not Celtics 2023: Hawks Are Betting Favorites
- League sources call Lakers assistant coach Phil Handy a name to watch for on Frank Vogel’s staff with Phoenix
- Heat star Jimmy Butler on Game 1 loss: ‘Got to get more layups, got to get more free throws’
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 4 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Headlines 5 days ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell