Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$23.0 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $3,376,000
- Trade Exception (Luke Ridnour, expiring 6/30/16) — $2,750,000
- Trade Exception (Perry Jones III, expiring 7/14/16) — $2,038,206
- Trade Exception (Steve Novak, expiring 2/18/16) — $3,750,001
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Russell Westbrook, Randy Foye, Cameron Payne
SG: Andre Roberson, Dion Waiters, Anthony Morrow
SF: Kevin Durant, Kyle Singler, Josh Huestis
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison
C: Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Mitch McGary, Nazr Mohammed
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/18/16 — The no-package restriction lifts on Randy Foye.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Luke Ridnour $2.8 million trade exception expires.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dion Waiters.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/14/16 — Perry Jones III $2.0 million trade exception expires.
- 7/15/16 — Anthony Morrow’s $3.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Steven Adams an Andre Roberson.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Cameron Payne, Mitch McGary and Josh Huestis.
- 2/18/17 — Steve Novak $3.8 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Steven Adams and Andre Roberson.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Mitch McGary.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Enes Kanter.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mitch McGary.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 19/20
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jeremy Lamb to Charlotte Hornets for a protected 2016 second-rounder (in 31-55 range, unprotected in 2017).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Cameron Payne with the 14th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Dakari Johnson with the 48th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Enes Kanter.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kyle Singler.
- 6/30/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour and cash ($250k) to Toronto Raptors for the rights to Tomislav Zubcic (2012-56th).
- 7/9/15 — Re-Signed Kyle Singler to a five-year, partially-guaranteed $24.3 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Cameron Payne (2015-14th) to a $9.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/15 — Matched Portland Trail Blazers’ four-year, $70.1 million offer sheet, re-signing Enes Kanter, final season player option.
- 7/14/15 — Traded Perry Jones III, a Detroit Pistons’ 2019 second-rounder and $1.5 million to Boston Celtics for a 2018 protected (top-55) second-rounder.
- 7/30/15 — Signed Josh Huestis (2014-29th) to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Julyan Stone to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Dez Wells to a $525k non-guaranteed deal minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Talib Zanna to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract
- 9/28/15 — Signed Michael Qualls to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 10/22/15 — Signed Michael Cobbins to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 10/22/15 — Signed Mustapha Farrakhan to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 10/23/15 — Picked up team options for Mitch McGary (third-year), Steven Adams (fourth-year) and Andre Roberson (fourth-year).
- 2/18/16 — Traded D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak, a 2016 second-rounder and a Charlotte Hornets 2016 second-rounder and $1,169,559 to Denver Nuggets for Randy Foye.
- 3/4/16 — Signed Nazr Mohammed for the rest of the season at $352,750.
- 6/23/16 — Traded $730,441 to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th).
Waived Players: Michael Qualls, Talib Zanna, Dez Wells, Julyan Stone, Michael Cobbins, Mustapha Farrakhan
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dakari Johnson (2015-48th), Semaj Christon (2014-55th), Alex Abrines (2013-32nd), Tomislav Zubcic (2012-56th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015/16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Monty Williams, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager
- Troy Weaver — Vice President of Basketball Operations and Assistant General Manager
- Maurizio Gherarini — Senior Advisor/International Affairs
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Hilton Armstrong, Ish Smith).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-18 protected, top 15 protected in 2016 and 2017, otherwise converts to 2017 and 2019 second-rounders) to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) from Memphis Grizzlies (Ryan Gomes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Utah Jazz (Enes Kanter). Pick will convey two years after Thunder obligation to Philadelphia 76ers.
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $1.5 million to Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III), $1,169,559 to Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye); $730,441 to Denver Nuggets (Daniel Hamilton)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
The Thunder still hold the rights to Derek Fisher.
- Enes Kanter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers