|Melvin Frazier Jr.||$1,050,000|
|Shelvin Mack (waived)||$1,000,000|
|Isaiah Briscoe (waived)||$838,464|
|C.J. Watson (waived)||$333,333|
|Michael Carter-Williams (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Michael Carter-Williams (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Troy Caupain (two-way)|
|Amile Jefferson (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: D.J. Augustin, Jerian Grant, Michael Carter-Williams, Troy Caupain (two-way), Markelle Fultz
SG: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Melvin Frazier Jr.
SF: Aaron Gordon, Wesley Iwundu
PF: Jonathan Isaac, Jarell Martin, Amile Jefferson (two-way)
C: Nikola Vucevic, Khem Birch, Mohamed Bamba, Timofey Mozgov (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,752,536 (partially used on Isaiah Briscoe and Melvin Frazier Jr.)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Shelvin Mack, Gabe York, B.J. Johnson, John Petrucelli, Devin Davis, Braian Angola-Rodas, Isaiah Briscoe
Traded Players: Rodney Purvis, Dakari Johnson, Jonathon Simmons
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Michael Carter-Williams (two)
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Troy Caupain, Amile Jefferson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer
Trainers: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Luke Storey (head strength and conditioning coach), Sameer Mehta (physical therapist), Nathan Spencer (performance and rehabilitation coach), Christian Espinoza (assistant athletic trainer), Chris Gerhard (applied sports scientist), Aki Tajima (Athletic trainer/Manual therapist)
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets or Washington Wizards (Justin Jackson), the lower of the Nuggets and Wizards’ picks, provided the Nuggets don’t send their selection to Milwaukee Bucks, if so, then Charlotte gets the Wizards’ pick.
- 2019 — Have right to swap second-rounders with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets, to be sent to the Philadelphia 76ers (Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,978,242 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Dakari Johnson); $1,037,980 from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarell Martin) — $2,226,778 remaining
- 4/12/18 — Fired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 5/30/18 — Hired Coach Steve Clifford.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Mohamed Bamba (6th), Melvin Frazier (35th) and Jarred Vanderbilt (41st).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Jarred Vanderbilt (2018-41st) to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Justin Jackson (2018-43rd) and a 2019 second-rounder (from Washington Wizards or Nuggets).
- 6/22/18 — Issued a qualifying offer to Aaron Gordon.
- 6/29/18 — Khem Birch’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Mohamed Bamba (2018-6th) to a $24,100,423 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Isaiah Briscoe to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Melvin Frazier (2018-35th) to a three-year $4,130,713 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Aaron Gordon to a four-year, $80 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/7/18 — Traded Bismack Biyombo to Charlotte Hornets for Timofey Mozgov and Jerian Grant (via Chicago Bulls).
- 7/10/18 — Signed Troy Caupain to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Braian Angola-Rodas to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Rodney Purvis to Oklahoma City Thunder for Dakari Johnson and $1,978,242.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Dakari Johnson and the rights to Tyler Harvey (2015-51st) to Memphis Grizzlies for Jarell Martin and $1,037,980.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 9/5/18 – -Signed B.J. Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/18 – -Signed Gabe York to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/27/18 — Picked up the team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 9/27/18 — Signed Devin Davis to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed John Petrucelli to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 1/10/19 — Isaiah Briscoe’s $838,464 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Jonathan Simmons, a 2019 second-rounder and a protected 2020 first-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for Markelle Fultz.
- 3/15/19 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a $99,290 10-day contract.
- 3/25/19 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a second $99,290 10-day contract.
- 4/4/19 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams for the rest of the season at $69,503.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Arron Afflalo ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Marreese Speights ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Amway Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/9/19)
- London Johnson signs two-year contract with G League Ignite
- 76ers guard James Harden on his explosiveness: “It’s getting there”
- Lakers have ‘seriously considered’ trading Russell Westbrook
- Adelaide 36ers become first NBL team to defeat an NBA team
- Ben Simmons to make Brooklyn Nets debut vs 76ers on Monday