|JaVale McGee (waived)||$11,772,759|
|Gerald Wallace (waived)||$10,105,855|
|Furkan Aldemir (waived)||$2,836,768|
|Sonny Weems (waived)||$2,814,000|
|Tony Wroten (waived)||$2,179,353|
|JaKarr Sampson (waived)||$845,059|
|Pierre Jackson (waived)||$750,000|
|Christian Wood (waived)||$222,392|
|Scottie Wilbekin (waived)||$200,000|
|Phil Pressey (waived)||$178,311|
|Christian Wood (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
|Jordan McRae (waived)||$6,178|
|Jordan Railey (waived)||$6,178|
|J.P. Tokoto (waived)||$3,089|
Quick: $6.8 million in cap space
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $45.9-$55.7 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ish Smith, T.J. McConnell, Kendall Marshall
SG: Nik Stauskas, Isaiah Canaan (injured)
SF: Hollis Thompson, Robert Covington
PF: Carl Landry, Jerami Grant, Richaun Holmes (injured)
C: Nerlens Noel, Elton Brand, Christian Wood, Joel Embiid (injured), Jahlil Okafor (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Team option on Hollis Thompson.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Canaan and Christian Wood.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/9/16 – Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $50k for 16/17.
- 9/2/16 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 1/10/17 — Hollis Thompson and Robert Covington’s $1.0 million guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980k guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — T.J. McConnell’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/29/17 — Team options on Robert Covington and Jerami Grant.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $53,547 for 17/18.
- 8/17/17 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington and Jerami Grant’s $1.1 million guarantee for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 17/18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 8/1/18 — Kendall Marshall’s $1.9 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jahlil Okafor.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jahlil Okafor with the 3rd pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th) to New York Knicks for a 2020 second-rounder, a 2021 second-rounder and $1.5 million in cash.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Richaun Holmes with the 37th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Arturas Gudaitis with the 47th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected J.P. Tokoto with the 58th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Luka Mitrovic with the 60th pick in the draft.
- 7/6/15 — Signed Jahlil Okafor (2015-3rd) to a $20.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Jason Richardson and Thomas Robinson.
- 7/9/15- Traded the rights to Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th) and Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th) to Sacramento Kings for Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas, Jason Thompson, a 2018 protected first-rounder, and the right to swap 2016 and 2017 first-round picks.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Pierre Jackson to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $3.7 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Scottie Wilbekin to a four-year, partially-guaranteed ($200k) $3.7 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/31/15 — Traded Jason Thompson to Golden State Warriors for Gerald Wallace, $1.0 million and the right to swap 2016 first-rounders with lower of Miami Heat or Oklahoma City Thunder’s first-rounders.
- 7/31/15 — Signed Richaun Holmes (2015-37th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $4.2 million contract, team option on final season.
- 9/7/15 — Signed J.P. Tokoto (2015-58th) to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Kendall Marshall to a four-year, partially guaranteed $8.0 million contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Christian Wood to a four-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $3.5 million minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 9/21/15 — Signed T.J. McConnell to a four-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $3.5 million minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 9/23/15 — Signed Jordan McRae (2013-58th) to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 9/27/15 — Renounced the draft rights to Arsalan Kazemi (2013-54th).
- 10/26/15 — Signed Jordan Railey to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 10/30/15 — Picked up team options for Joel Embiid, Nik Stauskas and Nerlens Noel.
- 11/4/15 — Signed Phil Pressey to a non-guaranteed $903k minimum contract via hardship exception.
- 12/24/15 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder (Denver Nuggets) and a 2017 second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans for Ish Smith.
- 1/4/16 — Signed Elton Brand to an $891k contract.
- 1/10/16 — Ish Smith’s $1.1 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Robert Covington $1.0 million guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Hollis Thompson’s $947k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — JaKarr Sampson’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — T.J. McConnell’s $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th) to Houston Rockets for a Denver Nuggets 2017 second-rounder and for Joel Anthony from Detroit Pistons.
- 2/22/16 — Trade with Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons rescinded.
- 3/4/16 — Signed Christian Wood to a $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/7/16 — Claimed Sonny Weems off waivers from Phoenix Suns.
- 4/6/18 — Sam Hinkie stepped down as president and general manager.
- 4/6/16 — Signed Christian Wood for the rest of the season at $24,710.
- 4/10/16 — Hired Bryan Colangelo of President of Basketball Operations.
Waived Players: Gerald Wallace, Furkan Aldemir, Pierre Jackson, Jordan McRae, J.P. Tokoto, Jordan Railey, Tony Wroten, Christian Wood (waived and expired 10-day), JaKarr Sampson, Sonny Weems
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Dario Saric (2014-12th)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th)
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013/14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Lloyd Pierce, Billy Lange, Sean Rooks (player development), Chris Babcock (player development), Eugene Burroughs (player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — Chairman of Basketball Operations
- Bryan Colangelo — President of Basketball Operations
- Brandon Williams — Chief of Staff
- Sachin Gupta — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Ben Falk — Vice President of Basketball Strategy
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2017) from Miami HEAT (LeBron James, Thaddeus Young).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-15 protected in 2016 and 2017, otherwise converts to 2018 and 2019 second-rounders) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2016 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings, provided the Sacramento pick isn’t sent to Chicago Bulls (Nik Stauskas).
- 2016 — Have the right to swap the lower of the Miami HEAT first-rounder or Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder with Golden State Warriors’ first-rounder (Jason Thompson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Arnett Moultrie, Joel Anthony).
- 2017 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas).]2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2019) from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas). Pick must convey two years after Kings’ first-round obligation to Chicago Bulls.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Ish Smith).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $1.0 million from Golden State Warriors (Jason Thompson)
- Non-Bird: Byron Mullens*, Charles Jenkins*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Elton Brand.
D-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Head Coach Kevin Young)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- Nets’ Ben Simmons (back) to remain out for at least 2 more weeks
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic welcomes first child with fiancée Anamaria Goltes
- Trail Blazers granted $5.8 million disabled player exception for Robert Williams III
- Kevin Durant passes Moses Malone for 10th on NBA’s all-time scoring list
- After 14 games with Kings, Sasha Vezenkov admits that the NBA is faster than EuroLeague