|Trevor Booker (waived)||$8,725,000|
|Gerald Henderson (waived)||$1,000,000|
|Tibor Pleiss (waived)||$500,000|
|Larry Drew II (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Demetrius Jackson (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
2016/17 Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Ben Simmons, T.J. McConnell, Markelle Fultz, Demetrius Jackson (two-way)
SG: J.J. Redick, Jerryd Bayless, Marco Belinelli, Furkan Korkmaz
SF: Robert Covington, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Justin Anderson
PF: Dario Saric, Ersan Ilyasova
C: Joel Embiid, Richaun Holmes, Amir Johnson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Elton Brand general manager, Eugene Burroughs coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Demetrius Jackson (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013-14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — chairman of basketball operations
- Bryan Colangelo — president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — vice president of basketball operations and chief of staff
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight). Philadelphia owes the selection to Boston Celtics if two through five (Markelle Fultz).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw). Clippers pick would re-route to Denver Nuggets if swapped with New York (Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Shawn Long).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas). If 2018 Lakers first not conveyed, Celtics receive higher of the Kings and Sixers firsts (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $3.2 million from Los Angeles Clippers (Jawun Evans); $1.9 million from Milwaukee Bucks (Sterling Brown) — $0 remaining
- 6/12/17 — Picked up team option on Robert Covington.
- 6/19/17 — Traded the 3rd overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft along with the Los Angeles Lakers’ 2018 first-rounder (two through five) to the Boston Celtics, otherwise Boston receives the higher pick between the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected) or Philadelphia’s 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected) for the top overall pick in 2017.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Markelle Fultz (1st), Jonah Bolden (36th), Juwan Evans (39th, reportedly traded to Los Angeles Clippers) and Sterling Brown (46th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded a protected 2020 Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder (the lower of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks picks) to Orlando Magic for the rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (25th).
- 6/28/17 — Traded Shawn Long to Houston Rockets for $100,000 and a 2018 second rounder.
- 7/4/17 — Signed Furkan Korkmaz (2016-26th) to a $10,997,362 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Jawun Evans (2017-39th) to Los Angeles Clippers for $3.2 million.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Sterling Brown (2017-46th) to Milwaukee Bucks for $1.9 million.
- 7/9/17 — Renounced the rights to Sergio Rodriguez, Tiago Splitter, Charles Jenkins and Byron Mullens.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Markelle Fultz (2017-1st) to a $37,400,017 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed J.J. Redick to a one-year, $23.0 million contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Amir Johnson to a one-year, $11.0 million contract.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guaranteed at $53,547 for 2017-18.
- 8/29/17 — Signed James McAdoo to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/29/17 — Signed James Blackmon Jr. to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/22/17 — Signed Jacob Pullen to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/23/17 — Signe Emeka Okafor to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/23/17 — Signed Kris Humphries to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Joel Embiid to a five-year, maximum designated rookie player extension at a projected $146,450,00 (with injury salary protections).
- 10/14/17 — Converted Jacob Pullen’s contract to a two-way.
- 10/14/17 — Signed Marc Loving to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 10/14/17 — Signed James Webb to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 10/14/17 — Signed Andrew Andrews to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 10/31/17 — Picked up team options for Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/17 — Declined team option for Jahlil Okafor.
- 11/17/17 — Renegotiated and extended Robert Covington’s contract to a five-year, $63,577,230 deal.
- 12/7/17 — Traded Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas and a second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Trevor Booker.
- 1/4/18 — Signed James Young to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 1/23/18 — Signed Larry Drew to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 2/12/18 — Signed Marco Belinelli for the rest of the season at $776,217.
- 2/28/18 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova for the rest of the season at $565,718.
Waived Players: Gerald Henderson, James Blackmon Jr., Kris Humphries, Emeka Okafor, Marc Loving, James Webb, Andrew Andrews, Jacob Pullen, James McAdoo (two-way), Trevor Booker, James Young (two-way)
Traded Players: Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Larry Drew II
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th, cap hold $1,516,200)
- Second-rounders: Jonah Bolden (2017-36th), Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- J.J. Redick — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/10/18)