|Kris Humphries (waived)||$3,440,000|
|DeJuan Blair (waived)||$2,000,000|
|Michael Beasley (stretched)||$777,778|
|Cory Jefferson (waived)||$372,820|
|Bryce Cotton (waived)||$228,663|
|Lorenzo Brown (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Phil Pressey (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Orlando Johnson (expired 10-day)||$55,722|
|Cory Jefferson (expired 10-day)||$49,709|
|Jordan McRae (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
|Alan Williams (expired 10-day)||$30,888|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $16.8-$31.9 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Markieff Morris, expiring 2/18/17) — $578,651 (partially used on John Jenkins)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Brandon Knight, Ronnie Price
SG: Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin, John Jenkins, Eric Bledsoe (injured)
SF: P.J. Tucker, Mirza Teletovic, Chase Budinger, T.J. Warren (injured)
PF: Alex Len, Jon Leuer
C: Tyson Chandler, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/18/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Alan Williams.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — John Jenkins’ $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 9/1/16 — Alan Williams’ $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Alex Len and Archie Goodwin.
- 10/31/16 – Team options on Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- 2/18/17 — Markieff Morris $1.6 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alex Len, Archie Goodwin and Alan Williams.
- 7/11/17 — John Jenkins’ $1.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Devin Booker.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 6/17/15 — Danny Granger opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Devin Booker with the 13th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to Memphis Grizzlies for Jon Leuer.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Brandon Knight.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Earl Barron, Gerald Green and Marcus Thornton.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Tyson Chandler to a four-year, $52 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Devin Booker (2015-13th) to a $9.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Sonny Weems to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $5.8 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Brandon Knight to a five-year, $70 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Ronnie Price to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Mirza Teletovic to a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Henry Sims to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Deonte Burton to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Kyle Casey to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Terrico White to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 10/26/15 — Picked up options on T.J. Warren (third-year), Alex Len (fourth-year) and Archie Goodwin (fourth-year)
- 12/1/15 — Signed Bryce Cotton to a non-guaranteed $700,902 minimum contract.
- 1/8/16 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a $56k 10-day contract.
- 1/18/16 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a $56k 10-day contract.
- 1/21/16 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a $50k 10-day contract.
- 1/29/16 — Signed Jordan McRae to a $31k 10-day contract.
- 2/1/16 — Fired Jeff Hornacek.
- 2/5/16 — Signed Orlando Johnson to a $56k 10-day contract.
- 2/8/16 — Signed Jordan McRae to a second $31k 10-day contract.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Markieff Morris to Washington Wizards for Kris Humphries, DeJuan Blair and a protected 2016 first-rounder.
- 2/22/16 — Signed Phil Pressey to a $55.7k 10-day contract.
- 2/24/16 — Claimed John Jenkins off waivers (from Dallas Mavericks).
- 3/1/16 — Signed Phil Pressey to a $55.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/8/16 — Signed Alan Williams to a $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/8/16 — Signed Chase Budinger for the rest of the season at $258,082.
- 3/18/16 — Signed Alan Williams to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $958,033 contract.
Waived Players: Jerel McNeal, Deonte Burton, Kyle Casey, Terrico White, Henry Sims, Bryce Cotton, Cory Jefferson (waived and expired 10-day), Lorenzo Brown (expired 10-days), Jordan McRae (expired 10-days), Orlando Johnson (expired 10-day), Sonny Weems (claimed by Philadelphia 76ers), Phil Pressey (expired 10-days)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Interim Head Coach: Earl Watson
Assistants: Bob Hill, Nate Bjorkgren (also player development coordinator), Corey Gaines, Jason Fraser (player development assistant)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- Mark West — Vice President of Player Relations
- Bubba Burrage — Director of Player Personnel
- Courtney White — Director of Scouting
- Antonio Williams — Scout
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Tyler Zeller, Isaiah Thomas).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-nine protected through 2021, unprotected in 2022) from Washington Wizards (Markieff Morris).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
D-League Affiliate: Bakersfield Jam (General Manager Bubba Burrage, Head Coach Nate Bjorkgren) — moving/renaming to Northern Arizona Suns for 2016/17 season.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/16)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks