|Damian Jones (waived)||$785,285|
|Ty-Shon Alexander (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Jae Crowder contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Chris Paul, Cameron Payne, Jevon Carter
SG: Devin Booker, E’Twaun Moore, Langston Galloway, Ty-Shon Alexander (two-way)
SF: Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson, Abdel Nader, Torrey Craig
PF: Frank Kaminsky, Jae Crowder, Jalen Smith
C: Deandre Ayton, Dario Saric
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jalen Lecque, expiring 7/19/21) — $898,310
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Jae Crowder)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Elie Okobo, Johnathan Motley, Damian Jones
Traded Players: Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Ty-Shon Alexander
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Robert Sarver
- James Jones — general manager
- Jeff Bower — senior vice president of basketball operations
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Ryan Resch — director of basketball strategy
Head Coach: Monty Williams
Assistants: Willie Green, Mark Bryant, Randy Ayers
Trainer: Brady Howe (senior director of player health and performance), David Crewe (director of medical services/head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (31-35) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Josh Jackson.
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (36-60) to the Brooklyn Nets (Jared Dudley).
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-12 protected in 2022, top-10 in 2023, top-eight in 2024, unprotected in 2025) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Chris Paul).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $110,000 to the Milwaukee Bucks (Torrey Craig)
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/16/20 — Traded Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a protected 2022 first-rounder (top-12 in 2022, top-10 in 2023, top-8 in 2024, unprotected in 2025) to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Chris Paul and Abdel Nader.
- 11/18/20 — Opted Cameron Payton into the final year of his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Issued qualifying offers to Dario Saric and Jevon Carter.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Jalen Smith (2020-10th).
- 11/19/20 — Opted Frank Kaminsky and Cheick Diallo out of the final years of their contracts.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue Tariq Owens a qualifying offer.
- 11/23/20 — Waived Elie Okobo.
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Jevon Carter to a three-year $11.5 million contract.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Ty-Shon Alexander to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Jalen Smith (2020-10th) to a $19,328,334 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/28/20 — Re-signed Dario Saric to a three-year $27 million contract.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Langston Galloway to a $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Damian Jones to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract.
- 11/28/20 — Signed E’Twaun Moore to a $2,331,593 minimum contract.
- 11/28/20 — Abdel Nader’s $1,752,950 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Jae Crowder to a three-year $29,162,700 contract.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Johnathan Motley to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Johnathan Motley.
- 12/21/20 — Claimed Frank Kaminsky off waivers (Sacramento Kings).
- 12/21/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Cameron Johnson.
- 12/21/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale options on Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 2/23/21 — Waived Damian Jones.
- 2/24/21 — Cameron Payne’s $1,977,011 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/24/21 — Frank Kaminsky’s $1,882,867 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 3/8/21 — Traded $110,000 to the Milwaukee Bucks for Torrey Craig.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Torrey Craig (just aggregation restriction)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: None
- Early Bird: None
- Non-Bird: Cheick Diallo ($1,620,564), Tariq Owens ($1,445,697)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/30/21)