|Anderson Varejao (waived)||$1,984,005|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 2/13/18) — $407,210
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Tim Quarterman
SG: C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Mo Harkless, Pat Connaughton, Jake Layman, Evan Turner (injured)
PF: Noah Vonleh, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis (injured)
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Meyers Leonard, Festus Ezeli (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/16/16 — Extended Coach Terry Stott’s contract by three years (TBD)
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jake Layman (47th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/7/16 — Traded $75,000 to Orlando Magic for Shabazz Napier.
- 7/5/16 — Renounced the rights to Chris Kaman and Gerald Henderson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Jake Layman (2016-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Turner to a four-year, $70 million contract with Evan Turner.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Festus Ezeli to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $15.1 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Meyers Leonard to a four-year, $41 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Matched the Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet, signing Allen Crabbe to a four-year, $74.8 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Tim Quarterman to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Mo Harkless to a four-year, $42,000,000 contract (including $2 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/27/16 — Signed C.J. McCollum to a four-year, $106,633,450 contract extension.
- 8/16/16 — Signed Grant Jerrett to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/12/16 — Signed Greg Stiemsma to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,139,123 summer contract.
- 10/24/16 — Picked up team options on Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 1/6/17 — Traded a protected 2018 first-rounder (Cleveland Cavaliers) back to Cavaliers for a 2017 first-rounder.
- 1/10/17 — Tim Quarterman’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/13/17 — Traded Mason Plumlee, a 2018 second-rounder and $2,850,000 to Denver Nuggets for Jusuf Nurkic and a Memphis Grizzlies 2017 first-rounder.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander, Luis Montero, Grant Jerrett, Greg Stiemsma
Traded Players: Mason Plumlee
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2016, through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov, Mason Plumlee).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao, 2017 pick swap)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), pick will convey to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $75,000 to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier); $2,850,00 to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Allen Crabbe — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/30/17)
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list
- Cavaliers interested in trading for Suns’ Jae Crowder
- Wizards sign free agent G Devon Dotson, waive G Davion Mintz
- Cavaliers’ J.B. Bickerstaff names almost half the roster as potential starters