|Andrew Nicholson (stretched)||$2,844,430|
|Anderson Varejao (stretched)||$1,913,345|
|Festus Ezeli (stretched)||$333,334|
|Brandon Rush (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|Georgios Papagiannis (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|C.J. Wilcox (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Trade Exception (Tim Quarterman, expiring 6/28/18) — $543,471
- Trade Exception (Allen Crabbe, expiring 7/25/18) — $12,969,502
- Trade Exception (Noah Vonleh, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,505,233
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,192,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Wade Baldwin
SG: C.J. McCollum, Pat Connaughton, C.J. Wilcox (two-way)
SF: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Ed Davis, Zach Collins, Meyers Leonard, Georgios Papagiannis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: C.J. Wilcox (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), pick will convey to Dallas Mavericks (Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Atlanta Hawks (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $2.6 million to Chicago Bulls (Noah Vonleh) — $2.5 million remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Caleb Swanigan (26th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th) to Sacramento Kings for Zach Collins (10th)
- 6/28/17 — Traded Tim Quarterman to Houston Rockets for $100,000.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Zach Collins (2017-10th) to a $16,332,615 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Caleb Swanigan (2017-26th) to an $8,904,867 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/17 — Trade Allen Crabbe (waived trade kicker) to Brooklyn Nets for Andrew Nicholson.
- 8/9/17 — Signed C.J. Wilcox to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/31/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 9/11/17 — Archie Goodwin signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 9/14/17 — Isaiah Briscoe signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Anthony Morrow to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,116,955 summer contract.
- 10/19/17 — Signed Wade Baldwin to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Noah Vonleh and $2.6 million to Chicago Bulls for the rights to Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th).
- 2/13/18 — Mason Plumlee trade exception expired.
- 2/21/18 — Signed Brandon Rush to a 10-day, $119,602 contract.
- 3/2/18 — Brandon Rush’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/8/18 — Signed Georgios Papagiannis to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 3/12/18 — Terminated Wade Baldwin’s two-way contract, signed him to a partially-guaranteed, two-year, $1,730,348 contract.
- 3/17/18 — Georgios Papagiannis’ 10-day contract expired.
- 3/18/18 — Signed Georgios Papagiannis to a partially-guaranteed, two-year, $1,730,348 contract.
Waived Players: Festus Ezeli, Andrew Nicholson (stretched), Archie Goodwin, Anthony Morrow, Isaiah Briscoe
Traded Players: Tim Quarterman, Allen Crabbe, Noah Vonleh
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Brandon Rush, Georgios Papagiannis
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/10/18)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers