|Andrew Nicholson (stretched)||$2,844,430|
|Anderson Varejao (stretched)||$1,913,345|
|Gary Trent Jr.||$1,416,852|
|Pau Gasol (waived)||$463,684|
|Festus Ezeli (stretched)||$333,333|
|Jaylen Adams (substitute)||$163,356|
|Jaylen Hoard (two-way)|
|Moses Brown (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and a projected taxpayer for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways, one substitute player
PG: Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons, Jaylen Adams (substitute)
SG: C.J. McCollum, Gary Trent Jr., Rodney Hood (injured)
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Mario Hezonja, Nassir Little, Trevor Ariza (opted out)
PF: Zach Collins, Wenyen Gabriel, Caleb Swanigan, Jaylen Hoard (two-way)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Jusuf Nurkic, Moses Brown (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jake Layman, expiring 10/25/20) — $1,790,993
- Trade Exception (Kent Bazemore, expiring 1/21/21) — $7,069,662
- Trade Exception (Skal Labissiere, expiring 2/6/21) — $2,338,847
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Rodney Hood)
Waived Players: Keljin Blevins, Troy Caupain, London Perrantes, Pau Gasol
Traded Players: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver, Skal Labissiere
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Jaylen Hoard, Moses Brown
Head Coach: Terry Stotts
Assistants: Nate Tibbetts (associate head coach), Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jannero Pargo, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Brooklyn Nets (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr.).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1,759,795 to the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere) — $3,857,205 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 5/24/19 — Signed General Manager Neil Olshey to a contract extension.
- 5/24/19 — Signed Terry Stotts to a contract extension.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Nassir Little (25th).
- 6/24/19 — Traded Evan Turner to the Atlanta Hawks for Kent Bazemore.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Jake Layman.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Jaylen Hoard to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Nassir Little (2019-25th) to a $10,803,948 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Mario Hezonja to a two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Meyers Leonard to the Miami HEAT and Mo Harkless to the Los Angeles Clippers for Hassan Whiteside from the HEAT, with Jimmy Butler to Miami and Josh Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Rodney Hood to a two-year $16 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Damian Lillard to a four-year designated veteran (supermax) $196 million extension.
- 7/8/19 — Sent Jake Layman, via sign and trade, to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th).
- 7/25/19 — Signed Pau Gasol to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — C.J. McCollum signed a three-year $100 million extension.
- 9/9/19 — Signed Moses Brown to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/12/19 — Signed Troy Caupain to a non-guaranteed 1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/12/19 — Signed London Perrantes to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Picked up Anfernee Simons’ third-year rookie-scale option.
- 9/24/19 — Picked up Zach Collins’ fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Keljin Blevins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 – Waived Keljin Blevins, Troy Caupain and London Perrantes.
- 10/18/19 — Converted Moses Brown to a two-way contract.
- 11/19/19 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a non-guaranteed $2,159,029 minimum contract.
- 12/5/19 — Guaranteed Carmelo Anthony’s $2,159,029 for 2019-20.
- 1/21/20 — Traded Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-rounders to the Sacramento Kings for Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Skal Labissiere and $1,759,795 to the Atlanta Hawks for a protected 2024 second-rounder.
- 2/7/20 — Caleb Swanigan trade exception ($1,740,000) expired.
- 3/10/20 — Rodney Hood disabled player exception ($2,859,000) expired.
- 7/1/20 — Signed Jaylen Adams to a $163,356 substitute contract (for Trevor Ariza).
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rodney Hood (implicit), Carmelo Anthony (signing restriction), Trevor Ariza (package restriction only), Caleb Swanigan (package restriction only), Wenyen Gabriel (package restriction only)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/29/20)