|DeMarre Carroll (stretched)||$6,826,537|
|Pau Gasol (waived)||$5,074,856|
|Drew Eubanks (two-way)|
|Quinndary Weatherspoon (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the DeMarre Carroll sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Dejounte Murray, Patty Mills
SG: Bryn Forbes, Derrick White, Marco Belinelli, Quinndary Weatherspoon (two-way)
SF: DeMar DeRozan, Lonnie Walker, Keldon Johnson
PF: Trey Lyles, Rudy Gay, Chimezie Metu, Luka Samanic, LaMarcus Aldridge (injured)
C: Jakob Poeltl, Tyler Zeller, Drew Eubanks (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,758,000 (Trey Lyles)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Used in 2018-19)
Waived Players: Jeff Ledbetter, Matt Farrell, Dedric Lawson, Daulton Hommes, Kenny Williams, Galen Robinson, DeMarre Carroll
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Landry Fields, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: Drew Eubanks, Quinndary Weatherspoon
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy, Tim Duncan, Mitch Johnson, Darius Songalia (player development assistant)
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant athletic trainer and recovery coordinator), Anthony Falsone (athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Brent Barry — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball operations and innovation
- Adam Glessner — senior director of basketball intelligence
- Brandon James — vice president of basketball administration and deputy general counsel
- Dave Telep — director of player personnel
- Niraj Mulji — director of basketball strategy
- Nick Repole — director of research and development
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Luka Samanic (19th), Keldon Johnson (29th), Quinndary Weatherspoon (49th).
- 7/1/19 — Signed Luka Samanic (2019-19th) to a $13,030,303 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Keldon Johnson (2019-29th) to a $10,017,385 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/19 — Traded Davis Bertans to the Washington Wizards and the draft rights to Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th) to the Brooklyn Nets for DeMarre Carroll, via sign and trade on a partially-guaranteed three-year $20,650,000 contract, from the Nets.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Quinndary Weatherspoon (2019-49th) to a two-way contract.
- 7/8/19 — Re-signed Rudy Gay to a two-year $32 million contract, incentives TBD.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Trey Lyles to a partially-guaranteed two-year $11 million contract.
- 7/22/19 — Signed Dedric Lawson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/14/19 — Signed Daulton Hommes to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/12/19 — Signed Jeff Ledbetter to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Waived Jeff Ledbetter.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Matt Farrell to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/19 — Waived Matt Farrell.
- 10/1/19 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Lonnie Walker.
- 10/1/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Derrick White.
- 10/13/19 — Waived Dedric Lawson.
- 10/13/19 — Signed Kenny Williams to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/19 — Signed Galen Robinson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/19 — Waived Kenny Williams and Galen Robinson.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Daulton Hommes.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Dejounte Murray to a four-year $63,820,000 rookie-scale extension.
- 1/2/20 — LaMarcus Aldridge’s $24 million guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/18/20 — Waived DeMarre Carroll.
- 7/24/20 — Signed Tyler Zeller to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,681,732 contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Dejounte Murray $13,264,347
Note: Expires 10/18/20.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Donatas Motiejunas ($1,620,5646), Dante Cunningham ($2,984,400), Quincy Pondexter ($1,620,564), Joffrey Lauvergne* ($1,620,564), David Lee* ($1,618,486), Matt Costello* (two-way), Darrun Hilliard* (two-way), Ben Moore (two-way)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Arena: AT&T Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/18/20)
- Hornets’ LaMelo Ball Gets Neck Tattoo of LaFrancé Clothing Line Logo
- Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
- NBA Rumors: Raptors Interested In Damian Lillard Trade
- Ben Simmons believes the Nets will now perform better without superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving
- WATCH: Cavaliers President Koby Altman Perform Field Sobriety Test Before Arrest