|Brady Heslip (waived)||$56,500|
|Jarrod Uthoff (waived)||$50,000|
|E.J. Singler (waived)||$50,000|
|Yanick Moreira (waived)||$50,000|
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Jared Sullinger 2/23/18) — $328,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jared Sullinger)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Cory Joseph, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell
SF: DeMarre Carroll, P.J. Tucker, Bruno Caboclo
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam, Patrick Patterson
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Lucas Nogueira, Jakob Poeltl
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/2/16 — Signed Dwane Casey to an estimated three-year, $18 million extension.
- 6/3/16 — Bismack Biyombo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jakob Poeltl (9th, from Denver Nuggets) and Pascal Siakam (27th)
- 6/30/16 — Issued qualifying offer for Nando De Colo.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jared Sullinger to a one-year, $5.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeMar DeRozan to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Jakob Poeltl (2016-9th) to a $12.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Pascal Siakam (2016-27th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/16 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000)
- 8/10/16 — Signed Yanick Moreira to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 8/10/16 — Signed Drew Crawford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/7/16 — Signed E.J. Singler to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/20/16 — Signed Brady Heslip to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($56,500).
- 10/1/16 — Qualifying offer to Nando De Colo expired.
- 10/23/16 — Picked up team options on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Delon Wright.
- 1/10/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/14/17 — Traded Terrence Ross and a protected 2017 first-rounder to Orlando Magic for Serge Ibaka.
- 2/23/14 — Traded Jared Sullinger, two second-rounders and $1 million to Phoenix Suns for P.J. Tucker.
Waived Players: Drew Crawford, Brady Heslip, E.J. Singler, Jarrod Uthoff, Yanick Moreira
Traded Players: Terrence Ross, Jared Sullinger
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016-17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Rex Kalamian, Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Jeff Weltman — general manager
- Bobby Webster — assistant general manager/vice-president basketball strategy
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Dan Tolzman — director, player personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe lower first-rounder between Los Angeles Clippers and own selection (top-10 protected through 2017, top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2022 and 2023) to Orlando Magic (Serge Ibaka).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (restricted, $1,901,900 cap hold)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson ($980,431 cap hold)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $1 million to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Dan Tolzman general manager, Jerry Stackhouse coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/1/17)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks