|Justin Hamilton (stretched)||$1,000,000|
|K.J. McDaniels (waived)||$100,000|
|Nigel Hayes (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Nigel Hayes (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Malcolm Miller (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000e
- Trade Exception (DeMarre Carroll, expiring 7/13/18) — $11,800,000
- Trade Exception (Cory Joseph, expiring 7/14/18) — $6,125,440
- Trade Exception (Bruno Caboclo, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,451,225
- Mid-Level Exception: $469,491 (C.J. Miles)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Lorenzo Brown
SG: DeMar DeRozan, C.J. Miles, Malachi Richardson
SF: OG Anunoby, Norman Powell, Alfonzo McKinnie, Malcolm Miller (two-way)
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Jakob Poeltl, Lucas Nogueira
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Dan Tolzman general manager, Jerry Stackhouse coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Malcolm Miller (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016-17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Rex Kalamian, Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2023, otherwise converts to a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder) to Brooklyn Nets (DeMarre Carroll)
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 5/8/17 — Kyle Lowry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/25/17 — Received a 2018 second-rounder from Orlando Magic (or Los Angeles Lakers) for Jeff Weltman.
- 6/9/17 — Renounced the rights to DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted O G Anunoby (23rd).
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 6/29/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nando De Colo.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed OG Anunoby (2017-23rd) to a $9,751,915 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Serge Ibaka to a three-year, $65.0 million contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a three-year, $99,999,999 contract with unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 7/13/17 — Traded DeMarre Carroll, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Justin Hamilton.
- 7/14/17 — Traded Cory Joseph to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th).
- 7/18/17 — Signed C.J. Miles to a three-year, $25.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Kennedy Meeks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/20/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a one-year, two-way contract,
- 8/15/17 — Signed Kyle Wiltjer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,312,611 summer contract.
- 8/21/17 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,524,305 contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Andy Rautins to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Norman Powell to a four-year, $41,965,056 extension, player option on final season.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Davion Berry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/16/17 — Picked up team options on Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 1/10/18 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $815,615 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lifted on Serge Ibaka and Kyle Lowry.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Bruno Caboclo to Sacramento Kings for Malachi Richardson.
- 2/23/18 — Jared Sullinger trade exception expired.
- 3/6/18 — Signed Nigel Hayes to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/16/18 — Signed Nigel Hayes to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 4/10/18 — Signed Lorenzo Brown for the rest of the season at $16,626.
Waived Players: Justin Hamilton (stretched), Kyle Wiltjer, Andy Rautins, K.J. McDaniels, Kennedy Meeks, Davion Berry
Traded Players: DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph, Bruno Caboclo
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Nigel Hayes (two)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson* ($1,471,382)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/11/18)
- Tyrese Haliburton mocks Damian Lillard while imitating his signature “Dame Time” celebration
- Does this recent report mean that Zach LaVine is on his way out?
- College Basketball: Odds, Predictions, And Best Bets For Thursday, December 7
- Jordan Clarkson is the NBA’s league leader in this category
- Is There Any Way To Slow Tyrese Haliburton And The Pacers?