|Patrick McCaw (waived)||$4,000,000|
|Alex Len (waived)||$2,258,000|
|Gary Trent Jr||$1,663,861|
|Oshae Brissett (waived)||$300,000|
|Henry Ellenson (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Donta Hall (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Freddie Gillespie (expired 10-day)||61,528|
|Freddie Gillespie (expired 10-day)||61,528|
|Henry Ellenson (waived)||$50,000|
|Jalen Harris (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Aron Baynes contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyle Lowry, Malachi Flynn
SG: Fred VanVleet, Gary Trent Jr, Rodney Hood, Jalen Harris (two-way)
SF: OG Anunoby, DeAndre’ Bembry, Yuta Watanabe, Paul Watson
PF: Pascal Siakam, Stanley Johnson, Freddie Gillespie
C: Aaron Baynes, Chris Boucher, Khem Birch
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Terence Davis, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,571,981
- Trade Exception (Matt Thomas, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,571,981
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Aron Baynes, Alex Len)
* Exact Date TBD
Waived Players: Dewan Hernandez, Henry Ellenson, Alize Johnson, Oshae Brissett, Dewan Hernandez, Tres Tinkle, Breein Tyree, Alex Len, Patrick McCaw
Traded Players: Matt Thomas, Terence Davis, Norman Powell
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Donta Hall, Henry Ellenson, Freddie Gillespie (two)
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Patrick Mutombo coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jalen Harris
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Larry Tanenbaum
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Wayne Embry — senior basketball advisor
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Jama Mahlalela, Jim Sann, Jon Goodwillie
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Matt Thomas).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore, Terence Davis).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Greg Monroe, Dzanan Musa)
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Malachi Richardson, Alec Burks, Brad Wanamaker).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 9/16/20 — Signed coach Nick Nurse to a contract extension.
- 11/16/20 — Stanley Johnson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Malachi Flynn (2020-29th) and Jalen Harris (2020-59th).
- 11/19/20 — Issued qualifying offers to Chris Boucher, Oshae Brissett and Nando De Colo.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Malcolm Miller and Lucas Nogueira.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Jalen Harris (2020-59th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Re-Signed Fred VanVleet to a four-year $85 million contract, player option on the final season.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Aron Baynes to a partially-guaranteed two-year $14,350,000 contract.
- 11/25/20 — Re-signed Chris Boucher to a partially-guaranteed two-year $13,520,000 contract.
- 11/25/20 — Signed Alex Len to a $2,258,000 contract.
- 11/25/20 — Signed DeAndre’ Bembry to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract.
- 11/26/20 — Waived Dewan Hernandez.
- 11/26/20 — Signed Henry Ellenson to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract.
- 11/27/20 — Signed Malachi Flynn (2020-29th) to a $10,017,385 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/27/20 — Signed Yuta Watanabe to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/28/20 — Re-signed Oshae Brissett to a partially-guaranteed $3,147,290 minimum contract.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Alize Johnson to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/29/20 — Terence Davis’ $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Henry Ellenson, Alize Johnson and Oshae Brissett.
- 12/19/20 — Re-signed Dewan Hernandez to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Signed Tres Tinkle to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Signed Breein Tyree to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Dewan Hernandez, Tres Tinkle and Breein Tyree.
- 12/19/20 — Re-signed Paul Watson to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,147,290 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 12/21/20 — Converted Yuta Watanabe to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/21/20 — Re-signed OG Anunoby to a four-year $72 million rookie-scale extension, player option on the final season.
- 1/19/21 — Waived Alex Len.
- 2/24/21– Matt Thomas’ $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/24/21 — Paul Watson’s $1,445,697 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/26/21 — Signed Donta Hall to a 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 3/7/21 — Donta Hall’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/10/21 — Signed Henry Ellenson to a 10-day $118,893 contract.
- 3/20/21 — Henry Ellenson’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Terence Davis to the Sacramento Kings for a Memphis Grizzlies’ 2021 second-rounder.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Matt Thomas to the Utah Jazz for a Golden State Warriors’ 2021 second-rounder.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Norman Powell to the Portland Trail Blazers for Gary Trent Jr and Rodney Hood.
- 4/8/21 — Signed Freddie Gillespie to a 10-day $61,528 contract.
- 4/9/21 — Waived Patrick McCaw.
- 4/10/21 — Signed Khem Birch for the rest of the season to a $425,463 minimum contract.
- 4/18/21 — Re-signed Freddie Gillespie to a second 10-day $61,528 contract.
- 4/18/21 — Re-signed Yuta Watanabe to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,084,689 minimum contract, ending his two-way contract.
- 4/28/21 — Freddie Gillespie’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/28/21 — Re-signed Freddie Gillespie to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,634,884 minimum contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- OG Anunoby — $15,174,443 (expiring 8/2/21)
- Nando De Colo — $1,901,900
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Lucas Nogueira*** ($8,841,915)
- Early Bird: Malcolm Miller ($1,985,289), Nando De Colo*** (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jeremy Lin *** ($1,620,564), Jodie Meeks*** ($1,620,564), Jason Thompson*** ($1,620,564)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Air Canada Centre
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/26/21)