|Derrick Rose (waived)||$1,471,382|
|Joel Bolomboy (waived)||$1,312,611|
|David Stockton (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|David Stockton (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Erik McCree (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Trade Exception (Joe Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,708,883
- Trade Exception (Rodney Hood, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,386,864
- Room Exception: $1,128,000 (Ekpe Udoh)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ricky Rubio, Dante Exum, Raul Neto, David Stockton
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Alec Burks
SF: Joe Ingles, Royce O’Neale, Georges Niang (two-way), Eric McCree (two-way), Thabo Sefolosha (injured)
PF: Derrick Favors, Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko
C: Rudy Gobert, Ekpe Udoh, Tony Bradley
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (general manager Steve Brandes, Martin Schiller coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Erik McCree (one year), Georges Niang (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
- 2024 — Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $1.1 million to Sacramento Kings (George Hill) — $4 million remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/22/17 — Traded Trey Lyles and the rights to Tyler Lydon (24th) to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Donovan Mitchell (13th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Josh Hart (30th) and Thomas Bryant (42nd) to Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Tony Bradley (28th).
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Joe Ingles.
- 6/29/17 — Gordon Hayward opted out of his contract.
- 6/30/17 — Traded an Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves for Ricky Rubio.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Tony Bradley (2017-28th) to a $8,598,860 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Donovan Mitchell (2017-13th) to a $15,586,503 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/17/ — Renounced the rights to Jeff Withey and the draft rights to Tyrone Wallace (2016-60th).
- 7/17/17 — Signed Jonas Jerebko to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $8.2 million contract.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Thabo Sefolosha to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $11.0 million contract with likely and unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 7/20/17 — Signed Ekpe Udoh to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $6,560,000 contract.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Royce O’Neale to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Eric Griffin to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Joe Ingles to a four-year, $52,000,002 contract with likely and unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 9/11/17 — Signed Naz Long to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/13/17 — Signed Nate Wolters to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Taylor Braun to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Torian Graham to a one-year, non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/13/17 Signed Kendall Pollard to a one-year, non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 12/21/17 — Signed Erik McCree to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 12/23/17 — Signed Naz long to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1,471,382 million guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/14/18 — Signed Georges Niang to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifted on Joe Ingles.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Rodney Hood to Cleveland Cavaliers along with Joe Johnson and $1.1 million to Sacramento Kings for Jae Crowder, Derrick Rose and 2024 second-round swap rights.
- 2/11/18 — Signed Naz Long to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 2/24/18 — Signed Naz Long to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/12/18 — Thabo Sefolosha Disabled Player Exception expired.
- 3/17/18 — Signed David Stockton to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 3/27/18 — Signed David Stockton to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 4/6/18 — Signed David Stockton to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1,589,446 contract.
Waived Players: Boris Diaw, Joel Bolomboy, Naz Long (twice), Taylor Braun, Torian Graham, Kendall Pollard, Eric Griffin (two-way), Nate Wolters (two-way), Derrick Rose
Traded Players: Joe Johnson, Rodney Hood
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Naz Long (two), David Stockton (two)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: David Stockton (signing restriction through 7/6/18)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/11/18)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers