Quick: Over team. Hard cap.
2014 NBA Draft: 11th, 41st & 56th (from Portland Trail Blazers); 12th from New York Knicks sent to Orlando Magic
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): None
- Trade Exception (Andre Iguodala, expiring 7/10/14) — $9,868,632
- Trade Exception (Jordan Hamilton, expiring 2/20/15) — $1,169,880
- Trade Exception (Andre Miller, expiring 2/20/15) — $1,659,080
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ty Lawson, Nate Robinson, Aaron Brooks
SG: Randy Foye, Evan Fournier
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Quincy Miller
PF: Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, Jan Vesely, Anthony Randolph
C: Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee, J.J. Hickson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Brian Shaw (signed summer of 2013 for roughly $6 million over three years)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Los Angeles Clippers (Cheikh Samb).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder or cash from Memphis Grizzlies (Javaris Crittenton, Chris Paul, JaVale McGee)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer). The lower pick between Denver and Minnesota goes to Houston Rockets (Tanguy Ngombo, Thomas Robinson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jan Vesely).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Randy Foye).
- 6/27/13 — Traded Kosta Koufos to the Memphis Grizzlies for Darrell Arthur and the 55th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 27th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Utah Jazz for the 46th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft and cash.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Erick Green (46th) and Joffrey Lauvergne (55th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Traded Andre Iguodala to the Golden State Warriors (via sign and trade) for Randy Foye (via sign and trade from the Utah Jazz) to a three-year, $9.1 million deal (third season non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/11/13 — Signed J.J. Hickson to a three-year, $16.1 million contract.
- 7/26/13 — Signed Nate Robinson on a two-year, $4.1 million deal (second season player option).
- 7/27/13 — Signed Timofey Mozgov to a three-year, $14 million deal (third season team option).
- 9/9/13 — Signed Damion James to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/13/13 — Signed Reginald Becton to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Kyle Fogg to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 10/29/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Evan Fournier.
- 10/29/13 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Kenneth Faried.
- 10/31/13 — Declined the fourth-year option on Jordan Hamilton.
- 2/20/14 — Traded Jordan Hamilton to the Houston Rockets for Aaron Brooks.
- 2/20/14 — Traded Andre Miller to the Washington Wizards and second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for Jan Vesely.
Waived Players: Reginald Becton, Kyle Fogg, Damion James
- Bird: Rudy Fernandez *
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Erick Green (2013-46th), Joffrey Lauvergne (2013-55th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson – 2013-14 $4.818 million.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/27/14)
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans