Los Angeles Clippers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe, Keon Johnson, James Preston
SG: Terance Mann, Luke Kennard, BJ Boston Jr, Jayden Scrubb (two-way)
SF: Paul George, Justise Winslow, Kawhi Leonard (injured)
PF: Nicolas Batum, Marcus Morris
C: Ivica Zubac, Serge Ibaka (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game. Serge Ibaka had back surgery, timeline TBD as of 6/11/21. Kawhi Leonard is injured (ACL), timeline TBD as of 7/13/21
- Trade Exception (Mfiondu Kabengele, expiring 2/8/22) — $2,075,880
- Trade Exception (Rajon Rondo, expiring 7/18/22) — $8,250,000
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Justise Winslow, James Preston, BJ Boston Jr)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Patrick Patterson ($4,001,015), Amir Coffey (RFA, two-way, $1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: DeMarcus Cousins ($1,669,178)
- Amir Coffey $1,669,178 ($84,414 guaranteed, issued)
Waived Players: Yogi Ferrell
Traded Players: Patrick Beverley, Rajon Rondo, Daniel Oturu
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Brian Adams head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jayden Scrubb
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Steve Ballmer
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Mark Hughes — assistant general manager
- Trent Redden — assistant general manager
- Jerry West — consultant
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — vice president, research and analytics
Head Coach: Tyronn Lue
Assistants: Dan Craig (associate head coach), Kenny Atkinson, Jeremy Castleberry, Larry Drew, Brendan O’Conner, Roy Rogers, Shaun Fein, Chad Bell, Natalie Nakase, Dahntay Jones, Beau Levesque, Cam Hodges
Trainers: Jasen Powell
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
- 2023 — The Oklahoma City Thunder can swap first-rounders (Paul George). Pick may go to the New York Knicks (Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier).
- 2024 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons (Luke Kennard).
- 2025 — The Oklahoma City Thunder can swap first-rounders (Paul George).
- 2026 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Rajon Rondo).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $2.5 million to the New Orleans Pelicans (BJ Boston Jr) — $3,285,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 9/20/21 — No-aggregation restriction lifts on Eric Bledsoe.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Nicolas Batum, Justise Winslow and Kawhi Leonard.
- 1/15/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Reggie Jackson.
- 2/8/22 — Mfiondu Kabengele trade exception expires.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Team options on Terance Mann and Ivica Zubac.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/18/22 — Rajon Rondo trade exception expires.
- 8/1/22 — Terance Mann’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Keon Johnson.
- 6/30/23 — BJ Boston Jr’s $1,836,096 guarantees for 2023-24.
- 7/2/23 — James Preston’s $1,836,096 guarantees for 2023-24.
- 10/31/23 — Team option on Keon Johnson.
- 6/29/24 — Player options on Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.
- 6/29/24 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadlines on James Preston and BJ Boston Jr.
- Before the first day of the 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Keon Johnson.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Keon Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
Rajon Rondo has $750,000 in unlikely incentives for 2020-21 and 2021-22, triggered by 33 games played with his team making the playoffs.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Quentin Grimes (2021-25th).
- 7/29/21 — Traded a Detroit Pistons 2026 second-rounder and $1,522,662 to the Orlando Magic for the rights to Jason Preston (2021-33rd).
- 7/30/21 — Traded Quentin Grimes (2021-25th) and a Detroit Pistons 2024 second-rounder to the New York Knicks for Keon Johnson (2021-21st).
- 7/30/21 — Landry Shamet ($1,995,120) and Rodney McGruder ($497,418) trade exceptions expired.
- 7/31/21 — Serge Ibaka opted into his final season.
- 8/1/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Amir Coffey.
- 8/1/21 — Kawhi Leonard opted out of his final season.
- 8/2/21 — Poison pill on Luke Kennard expired.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Keon Johnson (2021-21st) to a $12,517,291 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/7/21 — Traded $2.5 million and a 2022 Sacramento Kings second-rounder (top-54 protected) to the New Orleans Pelicans for BJ Boston Jr (2021-51st).
- 8/7/21 — Signed Justise Winslow to a two-year $8 million contract, via the taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/9/21 — Signed Jason Preston (2021-33rd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,461,917 contract, via the taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/9/21 — Signed BJ Boston Jr (2021-51st) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,324,872 contract, via the taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/11/21 — Re-signed Reggie Jackson to a two-year $21,599,760 contract, via Early Bird Rights.
- 8/12/21 — Re-signed Kawhi Leonard to a four-year $176,265,152 contract, via Early Bird Rights, player option on the final season.
- 8/13/21 — Re-signed Nicolas Batum to two-year $6,498,559 contract, via Non-Bird Rights, player option on the final season.
- 8/16/21 — Traded Patrick Beverley, Rajon Rondo (generating an $8,250,000 trade exception) and Daniel Oturu to the Memphis Grizzlies for Eric Bledsoe.
- 8/25/21 — Terance Mann’s $1,782,621 guaranteed for 2021-22.
- 9/5/21 — Waived Yogi Ferrell.
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
- Serge Ibaka — 15 percent
- Reggie Jackson — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Arena: Staples Center
Explore more about the Los Angeles Clippers Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/12/21)
If you are looking to bet on Los Angeles Clippers, make sure to check on our guide about sports betting in California. You can also use one of the numerous US online sportsbooks or one of the offshore betting sites or bet on the go with the best mobile sports betting apps.
- Heat star Jimmy Butler on Game 1 loss: ‘Got to get more layups, got to get more free throws’
- 76ers’ Danuel House Jr. exercises his $4.3 million player option for the 2023-24 season
- NBA insiders announced that the Phoenix Suns are hiring Frank Vogel as the franchise’s next head coach
- Former President Barack Obama confessed that he dreamt of playing in the NBA when he was young
- Nikola Jokic joins LeBron James as only players last 25 years with 10 points, 10 assists in any half of NBA Finals game