|AJ Hammons (waived)||$350,088|
|Charles Cooke (expired 10-day)||$76,236|
|Emanuel Terry (expired 10-day)||$47,371|
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Justise Winslow, Goran Dragic
SG: Dion Waiters, Dwyane Wade, Kendrick Nunn
SF: Josh Richardson, Derrick Jones (injured)
PF: Kelly Olynyk, James Johnson, Duncan Robinson, Yante Maten, Udonis Haslem, Ryan Anderson
C: Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wayne Ellington, expiring 2/6/20) — $6,270,000
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,607,841 (Yante Maten, Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Marcus Lee, Malik Newman, Charles Cooke, DeAndre Liggins, Rodney Purvis, Raphiael Putney, Briante Weber, Jarnell Stokes, Rodney McGruder (claimed by the Los Angeles Clippers)
Traded Players: Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Emanuel Terry, Charles Cooke
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager of basketball operations Adam Simon, Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development), Anthony Carter (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- Adam Simon — vice president, player personnel/assistant general manager
- Chet Kammerer — senior advisor of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Dwyane Wade).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1,800,000 to Phoenix Suns (Tyler Johnson) – $3,443,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/11/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Derrick Jones.
- 6/27/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Derrick Walton Jr.
- 6/30/18 — Rodney McGruder’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Derrick Jones to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,157,958 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Revoked Derrick Walton Jr.’s qualifying offer.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Duncan Robinson to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a one-year $6,270,000 contract.
- 7/29/18 — Signed Yante Maten to a two-way contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed Malik Newman to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/15/18 — Signed Marcus Lee to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/21/18 — Signed Briante Weber to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 8/27/18 — Signed Jarnell Stokes to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/18 — Re-signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 9/12/18 — Picked up Bam Adebayo’s third-year option.
- 9/18/18 — Re-signed Dwyane Wade to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 10/6/18 — Signed Charles Cooke to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/6/18 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum summer contract.
- 10/11/18 — Signed Rodney Purvis to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/11/18 – Signed Raphiael Putney to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Signed Justise Winslow to a three-year $39 million extension, team option on final season.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington and $1,800,000 to the Phoenix Suns for Ryan Anderson.
- 2/8/19 — Okaro White trade exception ($1,312,611) expired.
- 2/20/19 — Signed Emanuel Terry to a $47,371 10-day contract
- 3/2/19 — Emanuel Terry’s 10-day contract expires.
- 3/15/19 — Signed Charles Cooke to a $76,236 10-day contract.
- 3/25/19 — Charles Cooke’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/7/19 — Signed Yante Maten to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,099,661 contract, ending his two-way contract.
- 4/9/19 — Signed Duncan Robinson to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,090,187 contract, ending his two-way contract.
- 4/10/19 — Signed Kendrick Nunn to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,085,450 contract, ending his two-way contract.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Luke Babbitt ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jordan Mickey ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: American Airlines Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)
- Hornets’ LaMelo Ball Gets Neck Tattoo of LaFrancé Clothing Line Logo
- Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
- NBA Rumors: Raptors Interested In Damian Lillard Trade
- Ben Simmons believes the Nets will now perform better without superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving
- WATCH: Cavaliers President Koby Altman Perform Field Sobriety Test Before Arrest