Charlotte Bobcats Team Salary
2014 NBA Draft: 24th pick (from Portland Trail Blazers), 16th to Chicago Bulls & 45th; Detroit’s pick if lottery drops Pistons below 8th.
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): None to $19.5 million, less if Josh McRoberts doesn’t opt out.
- Trade Exception (Jeff Adrien, expiring 2/20/15) — $916,099
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Luke Ridnour, Jannero Pargo
SG: Gerald Henderson, Gary Neal
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Jeffrey Taylor (injured)
PF: Josh McRoberts, Bismack Biyombo, Anthony Tolliver, D.J. White
C: Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller, Brendan Haywood (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season – third year team option)
- Rod Higgins — President of Basketball Operations
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- 2014 – Owed first-rounder (top-8 protected in 2014, top-pick protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) from Detroit Pistons (Corey Maggette).
- 2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Cody Zeller (4th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Amnestied Tyrus Thomas.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Cody Zeller to a $17.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Al Jefferson to a three-year, $40.5 million deal (player option on third season).
- 7/11/13 — Signed Josh McRoberts to a two-year, $5.4 million deal (player option on second season).
- 7/30/13 — Signed Gerald Henderson to a three-year $18 million contract (player option on third season).
- 8/9/13 — Signed Jannero Pargo on a one-year, $1.4 million non/partially guaranteed minimum deal.
- 8/19/13 — Signed Anthony Tolliver on a one-year, $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/5/13 — Signed James Southerland to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/23/13 — Signed Abdul Gaddy to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/23/13 — Signed Troy Daniels to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/23/13 — Signed Patrick O’Bryant to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 10/31/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
- 10/31/13 — Picked up the fourth-year options on Bismack Biyombo and Kemba Walker.
- 12/11/13 — Signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a one-year, non-guaranteed $661k minimum contract.
- 2/20/14 — Traded Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien to the Milwaukee Bucks for Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour.
- 3/4/14 — Signed Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract.
- 3/21/14 — Signed D.J. White to a 10-day contract.
- 3/31/14 — Signed D.J. White to a second 10-day contract.
- 4/10/14 — Signed D.J. White for remainder of season.
Waived Players: Tyrus Thomas (via amnesty), Patrick O’Bryant, James Southerland, Ben Gordon, Justin Hamilton
- Bird: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas — 2013-14 $8,694,215, 2014-15 $9,388,430.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/14)