- Phil Jackson’s Carmelo Anthony Conundrum
- NBA PM: Al Jefferson Deserves MVP Consideration
- Time For Pacers’ Frank Vogel To Feel The Heat?
- Head-to-Head: Knocking off the Pacers/Heat
- Cheap Seats: Defensive Player of the Year?
- The True Cost of Guaranteed Contracts in the NBA
- “Tanking” Just Isn’t a Big Deal
- How Zach LaVine Can Help Your Favorite NBA Team
- Fixing the Philadelphia 76ers
- Head to Head: Is Tanking an Issue in the NBA?
Washington Wizards Team Salary
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Martell Webster)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Eric Maynor)
- Trade Exception (Emeka Okafor, expiring 10/25/14) — $1,254,660
- Trade Exception (Eric Maynor, expiring 2/20/15) — $2,016,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Andre Miller
SG: Bradley Beal, Garrett Temple, Glen Rice Jr. (injured)
SF: Trevor Ariza, Martell Webster, Otto Porter, Chris Singleton
PF: Nene, Trevor Booker, Al Harrington (injured)
C: Marcin Gortat, Kevin Seraphin
*Note: Based on previous season. Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Randy Wittman
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder (46-50 range) from Philadelphia 76ers (Jan Vesely).
- 2014 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protections, top-10 protected through 2019, unprotected in 2020) to Phoenix Suns (Marcin Gortat)
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 38th and 54th picks in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers for the 35th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Otto Porter (3rd) and Glen Rice Jr. (35th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Otto Porter to a $19.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Glen Rice Jr. to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Martell Webster to a four-year, $22 million contract (4th year non/partial guaranteed).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Eric Maynor to a two-year, 4.1 million contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Garrett Temple to a one-year, $916,099 minimum contract.
- 7/31/13 — Signed John Wall to an estimated five-year $78.8 million extension (exact figures TBD until July 2014).
- 8/13/13 — Signed Al Harrington to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/26/13 — Signed Xavier Silas to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Pop Mensah-Bonsu to a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Josh Childress to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed D’or Fischer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 10/25/13 — Traded Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick to the Phoenix Suns for Marcin Gortat, Malcolm Lee, Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Bradley Beal.
- 10/31/13 — Declined fourth-year options on Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton.
- 2/20/14 — Traded Eric Maynor and a second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers and Jan Vesely to the Denver Nuggets for Andre Miller and a protected second-rounder from the 76ers.
Waived Players: D’or Fischer, Josh Childress, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Xavier Silas, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee
- Bird: Mo Evans*
- Non-Bird: Cartier Martin, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, Morris Almond*, James Singleton*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Amnesty: Andray Blatche 2013-14 $7,794,921; 2014-15 $8,471,339
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
James Singleton (Early Bird Rights) — $884,293
Morris Almond (Early Bird Rights) — $884,293
Maurice Evans (Early Bird Rights) — $884,293
Jason Collins (Minimum) — $884,293
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/22/14)