Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$43.1 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Five guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Draft Picks: None, unless the team wins a top-three selection (to Phoenix Suns); Second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks
- Bird: Nene, Bradley Beal (restricted), Jared Dudley, Garrett Temple
- Early Bird: Ramon Sessions
- Non-Bird: Alan Anderson, J.J. Hickson, Marcus Thornton, Will Bynum*, Al Harrington*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Free agents only become restricted if the team issues a qualifying offer.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Drew Gooden ($3,547,000), Jarell Eddie ($980,431)
Qualifying Offers: Bradley Beal ($7,471,412)
PG: John Wall
SG: Kelly Oubre
SF: Otto Porter, Jarell Eddie
PF: Markieff Morris, Drew Gooden
C: Marcin Gortat
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kelly Oubre ($2,093,040)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Otto Porter ($7,732,904)
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bradley Beal.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Drew Gooden’s $3.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/16 — Jarell Eddie’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Otto Porter.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Eddie and Otto Porter.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Kelly Oubre.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Kelly Oubre.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired Coach Randy Wittman.
- 4/21/16 — Hired Coach Scott Brooks to an estimated five-year, $35 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th), Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016/17 season)
Assistants: Staff TBD, previously Don Newman, Don Zierden, Roy Rogers, Pat Sullivan, Howard Eisley, David Adkins (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-nine protected through 2021, unprotected in 2022) to Phoenix Suns (Markieff Morris).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Alan Anderson — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Andray Blatche.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Al Harrington — $980,431 (Non-Bird)
- Will Bynum — $980,431 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)