Quick: Currently over the cap and in the tax
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Andrew Nicholson, expiring 2/22/18) — $268,340
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $1,902,000 (Jodie Meeks)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Brandon Jennings ($1,440,000)
- Sheldon Mac $1,312,611 ($50,000 guaranteed)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Tim Frazier, Sheldon Mac (injured)
SG: Bradley Beal, Jodie Meeks, Tomas Satoransky
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre
PF: Markieff Morris, Mike Scott, Chris McCullough
C: Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi, Jason Smith
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Starting a franchise for 2018-19 season.
Two-Way Contracts: Mike Young (two-year), Devin Robinson (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
No-Trade: Otto Porter (matched offer sheet)
- Otto Porter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — president
- Tommy Sheppard — senior vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jodie Meeks, Mike Scott and Otto Porter.
- 1/10/18 — Sheldon Mac’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 2/22/18 — Andrew Nicholson trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Jason Smith.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Sheldon Mac.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kelly Oubre and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Oubre, Tomas Satoransky and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/20 — Otto Porter’s player option.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/17 — Traded a second-rounder (52nd) to New Orleans Pelicans for Tim Frazier.
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offers to Otto Porter and Bojan Bogdanovic.
- 7/1/17 — Sheldon Mac and Daniel Ochefu’s 2017-18 salaries guaranteed for $50,000.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Mike Young to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/7/17 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Bojan Bogdanovic,
- 7/7/17 — Signed Mike Scott to a one-year, $1,709,538 contract.
- 7/8/17 — Matched Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet for Otto Porter on a four-year, $106.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/11/17 — Signed Jodie Meeks to a two-year, $6,744,500 contract.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Devin Robinson to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed John Wall to a four-year, $169,344,000 contract extension.
- 8/24/17 — Signed Donald Sloan to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,709,538 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/8/17 — Signed Carrick Felix to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/21/17 — Picked up the team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 10/31/17 — Declined the team option on Chris McCullough.
Waived Players: Daniel Ochefu, Donald Sloan, Carrick Felix
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th)
Arena: Capital One Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/4/17)