Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,464,000 (Alan Anderson)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Gary Neal)
- Trade Exception (Andre Miller, expiring 2/19/16) — $250,000 (partially used on Jared Dudley)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Ramon Sessions
SG: Bradley Beal, Gary Neal, Garrett Temple
SF: Alan Anderson, Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Jared Dudley, Martell Webster
PF: Nene, Drew Gooden
C: Marcin Gortat, Kris Humphries, DeJuan Blair
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Bird: Kevin Seraphin
- Non-Bird: Rasual Butler, Will Bynum, Al Harrington*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Otto Porter (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Bradley Beal
8/8/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Kelly Oubre.
10/31/15 — Team option for Otto Porter.
10/31/15 — Extension deadline for Bradley Beal.
12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Alan Anderson and Gary Neal.
1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Drew Gooden.
6/30/16 — Kris Humphries’ $4.6 million guarantees for 16/17.
6/30/16 — DeJuan Blair’s $2.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
7/1/16 — Martell Webster’s $5.6 million guarantees for 16/17, unless already guaranteed if he plays in 70 games through the 15/16 season.
TBD — Drew Gooden’s cut-down date for his 16/17 salary.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/12/15 — Garrett Temple opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Kelly Oubre (2015-15th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Aaron White with the 49th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Paul Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 protected (top-55) second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks for Jared Dudley.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Gary Neal to a one-year, $2.1 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to a $9.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Alan Anderson to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Drew Gooden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $6.8 million contract.
Waived Players: None
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th), Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Randy Wittman (three-year extension starting for the 2014/15 season)
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Alan Anderson — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Andray Blatche.
Al Harrington — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Rasual Butler — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Will Bynum — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Kevin Seraphin — $7,407,517 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/27/15)