Quick: Currently over the cap and in the tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Five guaranteed, one team option, two non-guaranteed
PG: John Wall (injured)
SG: Bradley Beal, Jordan McRae, Tarik Phillip
SF: Troy Brown Jr.
PF: Ian Mahinmi
C: Dwight Howard
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Marcin Gortat, expiring 6/26/19) — $957,609
- Trade Exception (Jodie Meeks, expiring 10/15/19) — $694,405
- Trade Exception (Jason Smith, expiring 12/7/19) — $5,450,000
- Trade Exception (Kelly Oubre, expiring 12/17/19) — $3,208,630
- Trade Exception (Otto Porter, expiring 2/6/20) — $6,011,913
- Trade Exception (Markieff Morris, expiring 2/7/20) — $8,600,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Tomas Satoransky (RFA*, $7,285,005), Bobby Portis (RFA*, $7,483,058), Sam Dekker (RFA*, 8,280,285)
- Early Bird: Thomas Bryant (RFA*, $3,021,354)
- Non-Bird: Jabari Parker (TO), Trevor Ariza ($18,000,000), Jeff Green ($1,618,486), Chasson Randle (RFA*, $1,818,486), Devin Robinson (two-way), Ramon Sessions** ($1,618,486), Ty Lawson** ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Jordan McRae $1,645,357 (TBD)
- Tarik Phillip $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 9th; Own 36th to the Charlotte Hornets
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Yusuf Sanon (2018-44th), Aaron White (2015-49th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Capital City Go-Go (Pops Mensah-Bonsu general manager, Jarell Christian head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Robert Pack, Ryan Richman, Kristi Tolliver, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Tommy Sheppard — senior vice president of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jared Dudley, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Trey Burke, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Sam Dekker).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder (top-36 protected) from the Chicago Bulls (Otto Porter).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Markieff Morris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max):00 max): $500,000 to Milwaukee Bucks (Jason Smith) — $4,743,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/26/19 — Marcin Gortat trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Bobby Portis, Sam Dekker, Tomas Satoransky, Ron Baker, Chasson Randle and Thomas Bryant.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jabari Parker.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 7/9/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan McRae and Tarik Phillip.
- 10/15/19 — Jodie Meeks trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Troy Brown Jr.
- 12/7/19 — Jason Smith trade exception expires.
- 12/17/19 — Kelly Oubre trade exception expires.
- 1/10/20 — Tarik Phillip’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Otto Porter trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Markieff Morris trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer on Tarik Phillip.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Troy Brown Jr.
- Before first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Troy Brown Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Troy Brown Jr.
- 6/30/22 — John Wall’s player option.
- TBD — Jordan McRae’s guarantee detail.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/2/19 — President Ernie Grunfeld fired.
- 4/18/19 — Dwight Howard opted into the final year of his contract.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 9th pick in the draft lottery.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Chasson Randle (signing restriction), Ron Baker (signing restriction)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Capital One Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)