Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Andrew Nicholson, expiring 2/22/18) — $2,515,973
- Room Exception: $1,698,000 (Brandon Jennings)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Trey Burke
SG: Bradley Beal, Tomas Satoransky, Sheldon McClellan
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre
PF: Markieff Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic, Chris McCullough
C: Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi, Jason Smith, Daniel Ochefu
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Trey Burke and Otto Porter.
- 7/1/17 — Sheldon McClellan and Daniel Ochefu’s 2017-18 salaries guarantee for $50,000.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kelly Oubre and Chris McCullough.
- 1/10/18 — Sheldon McClellan and Daniel Ochefu’s $1,312,611 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 2/22/18 — Andrew Nicholson trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Jason Smith.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Sheldon McClellan.
- 7/1/18 — Daniel Ochefu’s 2018-19 salary guarantees for $50,000.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kelly Oubre and Chris McCullough.
- 1/10/19 — Daniel Ochefu’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Oubre, Tomas Satoransky, Chris McCullough and Daniel Ochefu.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired Coach Randy Wittman.
- 4/21/16 — Hired Coach Scott Brooks to an estimated five-year, $35 million contract.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer Bradley Beal.
- 7/7/16 — Traded a 2021 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for Trey Burke.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Alan Anderson, Nene, Al Harrington, Marcus Thornton, J.J. Hickson, Ramon Sessions, Jared Dudley, Garrett Temple and Will Bynum.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Daniel Ochefu to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($50,000) $2.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Mahinmi to a four-year, $62 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Nicholson to a four-year, $26 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jason Smith to a three-year, $15.7 million contract, player option in final season.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd) to a three-year, $9.0 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a one-year, $1.3 million contract.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Sheldon McClellan to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Danuel House to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Bradley Beal to a five-year, $127.2 million contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Casper Ware to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Johnny O’Bryant to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Picked up third-year option on Kelly Oubre.
- 1/10/17 — Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House and Daniel Ochefu’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/22/17 — Traded Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton and a protected 2017 first-rounder for Bojan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Brandon Jennings for the rest of the season at $1.2 million.
Waived Players: Drew Gooden, Jarell Eddie, Casper Ware, Johnny O’Bryant, Danuel House
Traded Players: Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Bojan Bogdanovic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/10/17)