- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 4
- Jeremy Lin, Lakers a Great Fit
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 3
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 2
Washington Wizards Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Bradley Beal, Otto Porter
- Mid-Level: $0 (Paul Pierce)
- Trade Exception (Emeka Okafor, expiring 10/25/14) — $1,254,660
- Estimated Trade Exception (Trevor Ariza, expiring 7/15/15) — $4,329,089
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Andre Miller
SG: Bradley Beal, Glen Rice Jr., Garrett Temple
SF: Paul Pierce, Martell Webster, Otto Porter
PF: Nene, Drew Gooden, DeJuan Blair, Kevin Seraphin
C: Marcin Gortat, Melvin Ely
*Note: Based on previous season. Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th).
- 7/10/14 — Signed Marcin Gortat to a five-year, $60 million contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Drew Gooden to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Paul Pierce to a two-year, $10.8 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Trevor Ariza (sign and trade) to the Houston Rockets for Melvin Ely of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- 7/16/14 — Traded the rights to Emir Preldzic to the Dallas Mavericks for DeJuan Blair (sign and trade for three years, $6 million — final season non-guaranteed).
- 7/17/14 — Kevin Seraphin accepted his $3.9 million qualifying offer.
- 7/19/14 — Traded a protected 2015 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Kris Humphries (sign and trade for a three-year, $13.3 million contract).
- TBD — Agreed to sign Garrett Temple to an estimated two-year, $2.1 million contract.
Waived Players: None
- Bird: Mo Evans*
- Early Bird: Garrett Temple
- Declined Bird: Chris Singleton
- Non-Bird: Al Harrington, Morris Almond*, James Singleton*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Randy Wittman (three-year extension starting for the 2014/15 season)
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-49 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Kris Humphries).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Andray Blatche 2014-15 $8,471,339
The Wizards have three cap holds for former players (James Singleton, Morris Almond and Maurice Evans) for a total of $2,745,729.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/21/14)