Washington Wizards Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $0 (Paul Pierce)
- Trade Exception (Emeka Okafor, expiring 10/25/14) — $1,254,660
- Trade Exception (Trevor Ariza, expiring 7/15/15) — $4,329,089
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, three camp invites
PG: John Wall, Andre Miller, John Lucas III
SG: Otto Porter, Xavier Silas, Garrett Temple, Bradley Beal (injured), Glen Rice Jr. (injured)
SF: Paul Pierce, Rasual Butler, Damion James, Martell Webster (injured)
PF: Nene, DeJuan Blair, Kevin Seraphin
C: Marcin Gortat, Drew Gooden, Kris Humphries (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th).
- 7/10/14 — Signed Marcin Gortat to a five-year, $60 million contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Drew Gooden to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Paul Pierce to a two-year, $10.8 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Trevor Ariza (sign and trade) to the Houston Rockets for Melvin Ely of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- 7/16/14 — Traded the rights to Emir Preldzic to the Dallas Mavericks for DeJuan Blair (sign and trade for three years, $6 million — final season non-guaranteed).
- 7/17/14 — Kevin Seraphin accepted his $3.9 million qualifying offer.
- 7/19/14 — Traded a protected 2015 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Kris Humphries (sign and trade for a three-year, $13.3 million contract).
- 7/28/14 — Signed Garrett Temple to a two-year, $2.1 million minimum contract (player option on second season).
- 9/18/14 — Invited Damion James to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/18/14 — Invited Xavier Silas to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/26/14 — Invited Rasual Butler to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/26/14 — Invited Vander Blue to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $816k minimum contract.
- 9/26/14 — Invited David Stockton to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/29/14 — Invited Daniel Orton to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $981k minimum contract.
- 10/14/14 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Bradley Beal.
- 10/14/14 — Picked up the third-year option on Otto Porter.
- 10/21/14 — Signed John Lucas III to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: Melvin Ely, Vander Blue, David Stockton, Daniel Orton
- Bird: Mo Evans*
- Non-Bird: Al Harrington, Morris Almond*, James Singleton*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Randy Wittman (three-year extension starting for the 2014/15 season)
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-49 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Kris Humphries).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Andray Blatche 2014-15 $8,471,339
The Wizards have three cap holds for former players (James Singleton, Morris Almond and Maurice Evans) for a total of $2,745,729.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/21/14)