Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$44.5 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,464,000 (Alan Anderson)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Gary Neal)
- Trade Exception (Andre Miller, expiring 2/19/16) — $250,000 (partially used on Jared Dudley)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Ramon Sessions, Ish Smith
SG: Bradley Beal, Gary Neal, Garrett Temple, Toure’ Murry, Jaron Johnson
SF: Alan Anderson, Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Jared Dudley, Martell Webster
PF: Nene, Drew Gooden, Josh Harrellson
C: Marcin Gortat, Kris Humphries, DeJuan Blair, Jaleel Roberts
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Extension Eligible: Bradley Beal
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Extension deadline for Bradley Beal.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Alan Anderson, Toure’ Murry, Jaleel Roberts, Ish Smith, Josh Harrellson and Gary Neal.
- 12/24/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Jaleel Roberts and Josh Harrellson.
- 12/25/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jaron Johnson.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Ish Smith’s $1.1 million salary guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Josh Harrellson’s $981k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Toure’ Murry’s $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Jaron Johnson and Jaleel Robert’s $525k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Drew Gooden.
- 2/9/16 — Andre Miller $250k trade exception expires.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Kris Humphries’ $4.6 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — DeJuan Blair’s $2.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16 — Martell Webster’s $5.6 million guarantees for 16/17, unless already guaranteed if he plays in 70 games through the 15/16 season.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Drew Gooden’s $3.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/12/15 — Garrett Temple opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Kelly Oubre (2015-15th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Aaron White with the 49th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Paul Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 protected (top-55) second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks for Jared Dudley.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Gary Neal to a one-year, $2.1 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to a $9.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Alan Anderson to a $4 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Drew Gooden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $6.8 million contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Toure’ Murry to a non-guaranteed $947k minimum summer contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Ish Smith to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Jaleel Roberts to a partially-guaranteed ($10k) $525k minimum contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Josh Harrellson to a $981k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Jaron Johnson to a non-guaranteed 525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Picked up Otto Porter’s fourth-year option.
Waived Players: None
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th), Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Randy Wittman (three-year extension starting for the 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Don Newman, Don Zierden, Roy Rogers, Pat Sullivan, Howard Eisley, David Adkins (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Non-Bird: Will Bynum, Al Harrington*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Alan Anderson — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Andray Blatche.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Al Harrington — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
- Will Bynum — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/3/15)