Quick: Currently over the cap and in the tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one two-way
PG: John Wall, Tomas Satoransky
SG: Bradley Beal, Austin Rivers, Jodie Meeks (suspended)
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Troy Brown Jr., Devin Robinson (two-way)
PF: Markieff Morris, Jeff Green
C: Dwight Howard (estimate), Ian Mahinmi, Thomas Bryant, Jason Smith
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Tim Frazier ($3.8 million, full Bird)
- Chris McCullough ($2,243,326, limited Bird)
- Ramon Sessions ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Ty Lawson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Yusuf Sanon (2018-44th), Aaron White (2015-49th)
- Trade Exception (Sheldon Mac, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,312,611
- Trade Exception (Marcin Gortat, expiring 2/26/19) — $957,609
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Dwight Howard)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Marcin Gortat
- Otto Porter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: John Wall (signing restriction through 7/26/18)
G-League Affiliate: Capital City Go-Go
Two-Way Contracts: Devin Robinson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — president
- Tommy Sheppard — senior vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Sheldon Mac).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/26/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on John Wall.
- 8/3/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Troy Brown Jr.
- 8/26/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Austin Rivers.
- Before the first day of the 2018-19 season — Extension deadlines on Kelly Oubre and Chris McCullough.
- 11/16/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Thomas Bryant.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Dwight Howard and Jeff Green.
- 2/8/19 — Sheldon Mac trade exception expires.
- 6/26/19 — Marcin Gortat trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Dwight Howard.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Oubre, Tomas Satoransky and Chris McCullough.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Troy Brown Jr.
- 6/30/20 — Otto Porter’s player option.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Troy Brown Jr.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Troy Brown Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Troy Brown Jr.
- 6/30/22 — John Wall’s player option.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/12/18 — Jodie Meeks opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Troy Brown Jr. (15th) and Yusuf Sanon (44th).
- 6/26/18 — Traded Marcin Gortat to Los Angeles Clippers for Austin Rivers.
- 6/29/18 — Jason Smith opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/2/18 — Claimed Thomas Bryant off waivers (Los Angeles Lakers).
- 7/4/18 — Signed Troy Brown Jr. (2018-15th) to a $14,511,964 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/18 — Reportedly agreed to sign Jeff Green to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Signed Dwight Howard to a two-year $10,940,850 contract, player option in final season.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Capital One Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/18)