Washington Wizards Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): $0
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Jarell Eddie ($980,431 — $175,000 guaranteed), Daniel Ochefu ($543,471 — $50,000 guaranteed), Danuel House ($543,471 –$100,000 guaranteed), Sheldon McClellan ($543,471 — $50,000 guaranteed)
PG: John Wall, Trey Burke
SG: Bradley Beal, Marcus Thornton, Tomas Satoransky, Sheldon McClellan
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Jarell Eddie, Danuel House
PF: Markieff Morris, Andrew Nicholson
C: Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi, Jason Smith, Daniel Ochefu
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kelly Oubre ($2,093,040)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Trey Burke ($4,588,840), Otto Porter ($7,732,904)
Eligible for Restructuring: John Wall
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- Opening night — Jarrell Eddie’s $980,431 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Otto Porter and Trey Burke.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Ian Mahinmi, Marcus Thornton, Andrew Nicholson, Jason Smith, Daniel Ochefu, Sheldon McClellan and Danuel House.
- 1/10/17 — Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House and Daniel Ochefu’s $543,471 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Bradley Beal.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure John Wall’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Trey Burke, Jarell Eddie and Otto Porter.
- 7/1/17 — Danuel House’s 2017-18 salary guarantees for $100,000.
- 7/1/17 — Sheldon McClellan and Daniel Ochefu’s 2017-18 salaries guarantee for $50,000.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 1/10/18 — Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House and Daniel Ochefu’s $905,249 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option for Jason Smith.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Danuel House and Sheldon McClellan.
- 7/1/18 — Daniel Ochefu’s 2018-19 salary guarantees for $50,000.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Kelly Oubre.
- 1/10/19 — Daniel Ochefu’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option for Andrew Nicholson.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Oubre, Tomas Satoransky and Daniel Ochefu.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired Coach Randy Wittman.
- 4/21/16 — Hired Coach Scott Brooks to an estimated five-year, $35 million contract.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer Bradley Beal.
- 7/7/16 — Traded a 2021 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for Trey Burke.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Alan Anderson, Nene, Al Harrington, Marcus Thornton, J.J. Hickson, Ramon Sessions, Jared Dudley, Garrett Temple and Will Bynum.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Daniel Ochefu to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($50,000) $2.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Mahinmi to a four-year, $62 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Nicholson to a four-year, $26 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jason Smith to a three-year, $15.7 million contract, player option in final season.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd) to a three-year, $9.0 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a one-year, $1.3 million contract.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Sheldon McClellan to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Danuel House to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Bradley Beal to a five-year, $127.2 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Casper Ware (TBD).
Waived Players: Drew Gooden
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Marcus Thornton (implicit)
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, Eric Sebastian (director of coaching operations), Karman Sufi (advance scout), David Adkins (director of player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Andray Blatche.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/22/16)