Quick: Currently over the cap and in the tax.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two player options, one two-way
PG: John Wall, Tomas Satoransky
SG: Bradley Beal, Jodie Meeks (PO, suspended)
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Devin Robinson (two-way)
PF: Markieff Morris
C: Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi, Jason Smith (PO)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jason Smith ($9,927,500, full Bird)
- Jodie Meeks ($3,948,000, non-Bird)
- Tim Frazier ($3.8 million, full Bird)
- Mike Scott ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Chris McCullough ($2,243,326, limited Bird)
- Ramon Sessions ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Ty Lawson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Draft Picks: 15th (cap hold $2,411,084), 44th
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th)
- Trade Exception (Sheldon Mac, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,312,611
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,291,918
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Otto Porter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Otto Porter (matched offer sheet), through 7/8/18), John Wall (signing restriction through 7/26/18)
G-League Affiliate: Capital City Go-Go
Two-Way Contracts: Devin Robinson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — president
- Tommy Sheppard — senior vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Sheldon Mac).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $687,389 to Atlanta Hawks (Sheldon Mac) — $4,412,611 remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Player options for Jason Smith and Jodie Meeks.
- 7/8/18 — Otto Porter’s implicit no-trade expires.
- 7/26/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on John Wall.
- Before the first day of the 2018-19 season — Extension deadlines on Kelly Oubre and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Oubre, Tomas Satoransky and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/20 — Otto Porter’s player option.
- 6/30/22 — John Wall’s player option.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Capital One Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)