Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $51.9 million.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, four non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kemba Walker, Tony Parker, Devonte’ Graham, Joe Chealey
SG: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Malik Monk, J.P. Macura (two-way), Jaylen Barford
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Miles Bridges, Dwayne Bacon, Zach Smith
PF: Marvin Williams, Guillermo Hernangomez, Isaiah Wilkins
C: Frank Kaminsky, Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Brian Roberts* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Christian Wood* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Marcus Paige (two-way, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
- Trade Exception (Dwight Howard, expiring 7/6/2019) — $7,819,725
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,641,000 (Tony Parker)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Mangok Mathiang
Traded Players: Dwight Howard, Timofey Mozgov, Julyan Stone
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: Mangok Mathiang, J.P. Macura
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hamidou Diallo).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks, via trade with Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $5 million from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard); $243,000 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hamidou Diallo) — $0 remaining
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jaylen Barford, Zach Smith, Isaiah Wilkins, Joe Chealey and Tony Parker.
- 1/10/19 — Jaylen Barford, Zach Smith, Isaiah Wilkins and Joe Chealey’s $838,464 guarantees.
- 6/22/19 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Marvin Williams and Bismack Biyombo.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Frank Kaminsky, Jaylen Barford, Zach Smith, Isaiah Wilkins and Joe Chealey
- 7/4/19 — Tony Parker’s $5,250,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Dwight Howard trade exception expires.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options for Malik Monk and Miles Bridges.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwayne Bacon.
- 7/7/20 — Devonte’ Graham’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Miles Bridges.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Miles Bridges.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Miles Bridges.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/8/18 — Hired Mitch Kupchak as general manager.
- 4/13/18 — Fired Coach Steve Clifford.
- 5/10/18 — Hired Coach James Borrego.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (11th) and Arnoldas Kulboka (55th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Miles Bridges (2018-12th), a 2020 second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers and 2021 second-rounder.
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2019 and 2023) to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Devonte’ Graham (2018-34th).
- 7/2/18 — Signed Miles Bridges (2018-12th) to a $16,317,853 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Signed J.P. Macura to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn Nets for Timofey Mozgov the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th), a 2021 second-rounder and $5 million.
- 7/6/18 — Traded the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for a 2019 second-rounder and $243,000.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Devonte’ Graham (2018-34th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,069,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Traded Timofey Mozgov to Orlando Magic and Julyan Stone to Chicago Bulls for Bismack Biyombo and two second-rounders from the Magic (TBD).
- 7/22/18 — Signed Tony Parker to a partially-guaranteed two-year $10,250,000 contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Jaylen Barford to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Joe Chealey to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Zach Smith to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Isaiah Wilkins to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/5/18)