Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the Terry Rozier sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): Up to $53.7 million in cap space, down to $27.5 million if Nicolas Batum opts in.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Devonte’ Graham, Kobi Simmons (two-way)
SG: Terry Rozier, Dwayne Bacon, Caleb Martin, Malik Monk (suspended)
SF: Miles Bridges, Cody Martin, Nicolas Batum
PF: PJ Washington, Guillermo Hernangomez, Jalen McDaniels, Ray Spalding (two-way)
C: Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,288,070 (Cory Martin, Caleb Martin, Jalen McDaniels)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Tony Parker, Thomas Welsh, Josh Perkins, Joe Chealey, Ahmed Hill (two-way), Robert Franks (two-way), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams
Traded Players: Kemba Walker (sign and trade)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Joe Chealey (two)
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons, Ray Spalding (two years)
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell, Nick Friedman (player development coach), Jordan Surenkamp (head video coordinator), Garrius Adams (assistant video coordinator)
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning), Lauren McGuigan (director of sports science)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham), may convey to the Brooklyn Nets.
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 million max): $0
- Note: NBA temporarily in a moratorium/on hiatus.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kobi Simmons, Jalen McDaniels and Dwayne Bacon.
- 7/7/20 — Devonte’ Graham’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/15/20 — Caleb Martin’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 8/1/20 — Jalen McDaniels’ salary guarantees at $100,000.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Miles Bridges and PJ Washington.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 1/10/21 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
- 7/15/21 — Caleb Martin and Cody Martin’s $1,782,621 guarantee for 2021-22.
- 8/1/21 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on PJ Washington.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Miles Bridges.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Jalen McDaniels.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Miles Bridges and Cody Martin.
- 8/1/22 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before start of 2022 season — Extension deadline for PJ Washington.
- 6/30/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for PJ Washington.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/16/19 — Bismack Biyombo opted into his $17,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 12th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/11/19 — Marvin Williams opted into his $15,006,250 2019-20 salary.
- 6/19/19 — Michael-Kidd Gilchrist opted into his $13,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted PJ Washington (12th), Cody Martin (36th) and Jalen McDaniels (52nd).
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’ $1,676,735 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to Frank Kaminsky.
- 7/3/19 – Signed PJ Washington (2019-12th) to a $17,878,995 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/19 — Waived Tony Parker.
- 7/6/19 — Sent Kemba Walker via sign and trade and a 2020 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Terry Rozier, also via sign and trade on a four-year $56,700,000 contract.
- 7/8/19 — Dwight Howard trade exception ($7,819,725) expires.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Robert Franks to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Cody Martin (2019-36th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,473,912 contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Caleb Martin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Josh Perkins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Joe Chealey to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/9/19 — Signed Thomas Welsh to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/19 — Signed Ahmed Hill to a two-way contract.
- 9/16/19 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh.
- 10/10/19 — Signed Jalen McDaniels (2019-52nd) to non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/19 — Waived Joe Chealey and Josh Perkins.
- 10/19/19 — Ended the two-way contract of Ahmed Hill.
- 10/19/19 — Converted Caleb Martin to a two-way contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Caleb Martin to a non/partially-guaranteed ($500,000) three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 10/19/19 — Converted Jalen McDaniels to a two-way contract.
- 10/20/19 — Signed Jalen McDaniels to a non/partially-guaranteed ($450,000) four-year $6,129,593 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 10/20/19 — Converted Kobi Simmons to a two-way contract.
- 10/25/19 — Picked up Malik Monk’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/25/19 — Picked up Miles Bridges’ third-year rookie-scale option.
- 1/10/20 — Caleb Martin and Jalen McDaniels’ $898,310 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — Waived Robert Franks (two-way).
- 1/15/20 — Signed Ray Spalding to a two-year two-way contract.
- 2/8/20 — Waived Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams.
- 2/21/20 — Signed Joe Chealey to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 3/1/20 — Joe Chealey’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/3/20 — Signed Joe Chealey to a second 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 3/12/20 — Joe Chealey’s 10-day contract expired.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Shelvin Mack ($1,620,564), Brian Roberts ($1,620,564), Marcus Paige (two-way)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/13/20)