- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Kemba Walker, Bismack Biyombo
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Cody Zeller
- Room: $2,732,000 (likely to be used on Brian Roberts)
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts, Jannero Pargo
SG: Lance Stephenson, Gerald Henderson, Gary Neal
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeffrey Taylor
PF: Cody Zeller, Marvin Williams
C: Al Jefferson, Bismack Biyombo
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Noah Vonleh (9th) in the 2014 NBA draft
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to P.J. Hairston (2014-26th) and Semaj Christon (2014-55th), a 2019 second-rounder and cash from the Miami HEAT for the rights to Shabazz Napier (2014-24th).
- 6/26/14 — Traded the rights to Semaj Christon (2014-55th) to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash.
- 7/10/14 — Signed restricted free agent Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $63 million offer sheet — but the Utah Jazz matched his salary.
- 7/12/14 — Traded Brendan Haywood and the rights to Dwight Powell (2014-45th) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Scotty Hopson.
- 7/13/14 — Traded Scotty Hopson to the New Orleans Pelicans for $75k.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Brian Roberts to an estimated two-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 7/16/14 — Signed Marvin Williams to a two-year, $14 million contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Lance Stephenson to a three-year, $27.4 million contract (team option on third season).
- TBD — Agreed to signed Jannero Pargo (TBD).
Waived Players: None
- Non-Bird: Chris Douglas-Roberts*, D.J. White*
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Noah Vonleh (2014-9th), P.J. Hairston (2014-26th)
- Second-rounders: None
Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season – third year team option)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $75k from New Orleans Pelicans (Scotty Hopson)
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas — 2014-15 $9,388,430
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/14)