Quick: Approximately $9.0 million in cap space. Hard-capped by the Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to approximately $20.7 million in cap space.
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Devonte’ Graham, Terry Rozier
SG: Gordon Hayward, Malik Monk, Caleb Martin, Nate Darling (two-way)
SF: Miles Bridges, Cody Martin
PF: PJ Washington, Jalen McDaniels
C: Cody Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $4,767,000
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: LaMelo Ball (2020-3rd, cap hold $7,839,960)
- Second-rounders: Vernon Carey Jr. (2020-32nd), Grant Riller (2020-56th), Nick Richards (2020-42nd), Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Jalen McDaniels $1,517,981 — 2/24/21
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past 2/24/20.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Malik Monk
- PJ Washington
- Miles Bridges
Waived Players: Nicolas Batum (stretched), Ray Spalding
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Buzz Peterson general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: Nate Darling
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell, Nick Friedman (player development coach)
Training Staff: Joe Sharpe (director of health care & sports performance), Quinton Sawyer (associate head athletic trainer), Lauren McGuigan (director of sports science), Adam Linens (strength & conditioning coach)
- Mitch Kupchak — president of basketball operations & general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Kathryn Karakus — senior director of basketball operations
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Gordon Hayward).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Boston Celtics (Gordon Hayward).
- 2023– Owe a second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham), may convey to the Brooklyn Nets.
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Boston Celtics (Gordon Hayward).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nick Richards).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 million max): $0
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/29/20 — Team options on Miles Bridges and PJ Washington.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 2/24/21 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/1/21 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22 (date may be revised).
- 8/1/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
- 8/2/2021 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/2021 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- TBD — Caleb Martin and Cody Martin’s $1,782,621 guarantee for 2021-22 (was 7/15/21, projected 8/16/21).
- 10/31/21 — Team options on PJ Washington.
- Before the start of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Miles Bridges.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Jalen McDaniels.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Miles Bridges and Cody Martin.
- 8/1/22 — Jalen McDaniels’ $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the start of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for PJ Washington.
- 6/30/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for PJ Washington.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates.
To Do: Nate Darling detail. Does Ray Spalding clear waivers? Get protection on 2022 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics. Get Bismack Biyombo’s salary. Under the assumption he was renounced.
- 11/16/20 — Nicolas Batum opted into his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted LaMelo Ball (2020-3rd), Vernon Carey Jr. (2020-32nd) and Grant Riller (2020-56th).
- 11/19/20 — Traded a 2024 second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Nick Richards (2020-42nd).
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Kobi Simmons, Jalen McDaniels and Dwayne Bacon.
- 11/23/20 — Devonte’ Graham’s $1,663,861 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/28/20 — Caleb Martin’s $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/29/20 — Waived and stretched Nicolas Batum.
- 11/29/20 — Waived Ray Spalding.
- 11/20/2 — Renounced the rights to Bismack Biyombo, Shelvin Mack, Kobi Simmons, Marcus Paige and Brian Roberts.
- 11/29/20 — Traded a 2022 second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Boston Celtics for Gordon Hayward (via sign-and-trade), a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder. Hayward signed a four-year $120,000,000 contract.
- 11/29/20 — Jalen McDaniels’ salary guaranteed at $100,000.
- TBD — Reportedly signing Nate Darling to a two-way contract.
- TBD — Reportedly re-signing Bismack Biyombo for one year at more than the minimum.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Spectrum Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/1/20)