Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Jeremy Lin)
- Trade Exception (Matt Barnes, expiring 6/25/16) — $646,250
- Trade Exception (Luke Ridnour, expiring 6/25/16) — $548,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed.
PG: Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lin, Brian Roberts
SG: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, P.J. Hairston, Troy Daniels, Aaron Harrison, Elliot Williams
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Cody Zeller, Marvin Williams, Frank Kaminsky, Tyler Hansbrough
C: Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Bird: Jeffery Taylor
- Non-Bird: Jason Maxiell
First-Round Player Options: P.J. Hairston (third-year), Cody Zeller (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb
- 8/1/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Frank Kaminsky.
- 8/15/15 — Spencer Hawes’ contract can now be aggregated in trade.
- 8/24/15 — Nicolas Batum’s contract can now be aggregated in trade.
- 8/25/15 — Jeremy Lamb’s contract can now be aggregated in trade.
- 10/31/15 — Team options for P.J. Hairston and Cody Zeller.
- 10/31/15 — Extension deadline for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeremy Lamb.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jeremy Lin, Tyler Hansbrough, Elliot Williams and Aaron Harrison.
- 1/10/16 — Aaron Harrison’s $525k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/17 — Aaron Harrison’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- TBD — Elliot Williams’ salary guarantees.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/15/15 — Al Jefferson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Lance Stephenson to Los Angeles Clippers for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes.
- 6/17/15 — Gerald Henderson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh to Portland Trail Blazers for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Matt Barnes to Memphis Grizzlies for Luke Ridnour.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour and a conditional 2016 second-rounder (31-55 range, unprotected in 2017) to Oklahoma City for Jeremy Lamb.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Frank Kaminsky with the ninth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th) to Brooklyn Nets for a 2018 second-rounder, a 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash.
- 7/2/15 — Signed Frank Kaminsky to an $11.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Jeremy Lin to a two-year, $4.4 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Aaron Harrison to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Tyler Hansbrough to a one-year, $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 7/28/15 — Signed Elliot Williams to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed (TBD) $2.3 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31-55 range) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Jeremy Lamb).
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
- Jason Maxiell — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
- Jeffrey Taylor — $947,276 (Full Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/1/15)