Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $21.4 million
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 7/12/17) — $1,666,470
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, six non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Aaron Harrison ($874,636), Mike Tobey ($543,471 — $75,000 guaranteed), Treveon Graham ($543,471 — $75,000 guaranteed), Rasheed Sulaimon ($543,471), Andrew Andrews ($543,471), Perry Ellis ($543,471)
PG: Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions, Brian Roberts, Andrew Andrews
SG: Nicolas Batum, Marco Belinelli, Aaron Harrison, Treveon Graham, Rasheed Sulaimon
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb
PF: Marvin Williams, Spencer Hawes, Perry Ellis
C: Roy Hibbert, Frank Kaminsky, Cody Zeller, Christian Wood, Mike Tobey
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Frank Kaminsky ($2,847,600)
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Cody Zeller.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 12/15/16 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Ramon Sessions, Mike Tobey, Rasheed Sulaimon, Andrew Andrews, Treveon Graham, Brian Roberts, Christian Wood and Roy Hibbert.
- 12/23/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Perry Ellis.
- 1/10/17 — Aaron Harrison’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Trevon Graham, Andrew Andrews, Perry Ellis, Rasheed Sulaimon and Mike Tobey’s $543,471 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — The no-trade restrictions on Marvin Williams and Nicolas Batum expire.
- 6/26/17 — Player option for Spencer Hawes.
- 6/29/17 — Estimated team option on Christian Wood.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cody Zeller, Andrew Andrews, Rasheed Sulaimon, Perry Ellis and Aaron Harrison.
- 7/12/17 — Troy Daniels $1.7 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham and Mike Tobey’s $905,249 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/22/18 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Treveon Graham, Christian Wood and Mike Tobey.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Jeremy Lin opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer for Troy Daniels.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Jeremy Lin, Al Jefferson, Jorge Gutierrez, Tyler Hansbrough, Courtney Lee, Jason Maxiell and Jeff Taylor.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Malachi Richardson (2016-22nd) to Sacramento Kings for Marco Belinelli.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Roy Hibbert to a one-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ramon Sessions to a two-year, $12.3 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Nicolas Batum to a five-year, $120 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Brian Roberts to a one-year, $1.1 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed and traded Troy Daniels to Memphis Grizzlies for cash (TBD).
- 7/10/16 — Signed Marvin Williams to a four-year, $54.5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Christian Wood to a two-year, $1.9 million contract, team option on second season.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Mike Tobey to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Treveon Graham to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Rasheed Sulaimon to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Andrew Andrews to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Perry Ellis to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Troy Daniels
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension TBD)
Assistants: Patrick Ewing (associate head coach), Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — general manager
- Chad Buchanan — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): TBD from Memphis Grizzlies (Troy Daniels)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas.
D-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Noel Gillespie coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/29/16)