Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 7/12/17) — $1,666,470
- Mid-Level Exception: $8,406,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Brian Roberts ($1,471,382), Christian Wood (TO, $1,671,382 with a QO, otherwise $1,471,382), Ramon Sessions (TO, $7,200,000)
- Johnny O’Bryant $1,524,305
- Briante Weber $1,471,382
- Treveon Graham $1,312,611
2017 Draft Picks: 11th ($2,904,480 cap hold), 41st
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non-guaranteed, two team options
PG: Kemba Walker, Briante Weber
SG: Nicolas Batum, Marco Belinelli, Treveon Graham
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb
PF: Marvin Williams, Johnny O’Bryant
C: Frank Kaminsky, Cody Zeller, Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/16/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Johnny O’Bryant.
- 6/19/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Briante Weber.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Christian Wood.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Harrison.
- 7/12/17 — Troy Daniels trade exception expires.
- 8/1/17 — Johnny O’Bryant $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Briante Weber’s $1,471,382 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/22/18 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Briante Weber, Treveon Graham and Christian Wood.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension agreed to in December 2015)
Assistants: Patrick Ewing (associate head coach), Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — general manager (contracted through 2017-18 season)
- Chad Buchanan — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $250,000 from Memphis Grizzlies (Troy Daniels); $750,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Chris Andersen) — $2.5 million remaining
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Noel Gillespie coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/20/17)