Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$37.8 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Jeremy Lin)
- Trade Exception (Matt Barnes, expiring 6/25/16) — $646,250
- Trade Exception (Luke Ridnour, expiring 6/25/16) — $548,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lin, Brian Roberts
SG: P.J. Hairston, Troy Daniels, Aaron Harrison
SF: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (injured)
PF: Marvin Williams, Cody Zeller, Tyler Hansbrough
C: Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes, Frank Kaminsky
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Bird: Jeffery Taylor
- Non-Bird: Jason Maxiell
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jeremy Lin, Tyler Hansbrough and Aaron Harrison.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Aaron Harrison’s $525k guarantees for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 1/10/17 — Aaron Harrison’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/15/15 — Al Jefferson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Lance Stephenson to Los Angeles Clippers for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes.
- 6/17/15 — Gerald Henderson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh to Portland Trail Blazers for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Matt Barnes to Memphis Grizzlies for Luke Ridnour.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour and a conditional 2016 second-rounder (31-55 range, unprotected in 2017) to Oklahoma City for Jeremy Lamb.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Frank Kaminsky with the ninth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th) to Brooklyn Nets for a 2018 second-rounder, a 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash.
- 7/2/15 — Signed Frank Kaminsky to an $11.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Jeremy Lin to a two-year, $4.4 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Aaron Harrison to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Tyler Hansbrough to a one-year, $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 7/28/15 — Signed Elliot Williams to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($80k) $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to a four-year, $52 million extension with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, player option on final season.
- 9/15/15 — Signed Sam Thompson to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/15/15 — Signed Jason Washburn to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/16 — Signed Damien Wilkins to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 11/2/15 — Picked up team option on Cody Zeller.
- 11/2/15 — Declined team option on P.J. Hairston.
- 11/2/15 — Signed Jeremy Lamb to a three-year, $21 million extension.
Waived Players: Jason Washburn, Damien Wilkins, Elliot Williams, Sam Thompson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season)
Assistants: Patrick Ewing (Associate Head Coach), Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31-55 range) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Jeremy Lamb).
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Jason Maxiell — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
- Jeffrey Taylor — $947,276 (Full Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)