Quick: Currently over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Mid-Level Exception: $4,890,385 (partially used on Michael Carter-Williams, Dwayne Bacon)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kemba Walker, Michael Carter-Williams, Marcus Paige (two-way), Julyan Stone (injured)
SG: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Treveon Graham, Malik Monk
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dwayne Bacon
PF: Marvin Williams, Johnny O’Bryant
C: Dwight Howard, Frank Kaminsky, Mangok Mathiang, Cody Zeller (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Marcus Paige, Mangok Mathiang
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension agreed to in December 2015)
Assistants: Stephen Silas (associate head coach), Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel, Mike Batiste, Eddie Jordan
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — general manager (contracted through 2017-18 season)
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Treveon Graham.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/18 — Julyan Stone’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/22/19 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwayne Bacon.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/17/17 — Declined option on Christian Wood’s final season.
- 6/20/17 — Traded Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick to Atlanta Hawks for Dwight Howard and the 31st pick.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Malik Monk (11th)
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Frank Jackson (2017-31st) to New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) and $1.8 million.
- 6/30/17 — Declined option on Ramon Sessions’ final season.
- 7/2/16 — Signed Malik Monk (2017-11th) to a $15,726,038 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 8/1/17 — Johnny O’Bryant $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 8/2/17 — Signed T.J. Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Isaiah Hicks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Marcus Paige to a one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Mangok Mathiang to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/23/17 — Signed Julyan Stone to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,180,397 contract.
- 9/15/17 — Signed Terry Henderson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/17/17 — Signed Luke Petrasek to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/29/17 — Picked up team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
Waived Players: Briante Weber, Terry Henderson, Isaiah Hicks, T.J. Williams, Luke Petrasek
Traded Players: Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
Arena: Spectrum Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Brian Roberts ($1,471,382), Christian Wood ($1,471,382)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/15/18)