Quick: Currently over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kemba Walker, Julyan Stone
SG: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Malik Monk
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dwayne Bacon
PF: Marvin Williams, Guillermo Hernangomez
C: Dwight Howard, Frank Kaminsky, Cody Zeller, Mangok Mathiang (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Michael Carter Williams ($3,240,000 non-Bird)
- Treveon Graham (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, early Bird)
- Brian Roberts* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Christian Wood* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Marcus Paige (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Julyan Stone $1,656,092
Draft Picks: 11th (cap hold $2,960,375), 55th from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko); 41st to Orlando Magic (Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach TBD)
Two-Way Contracts: Mangok Mathiang
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Stephen Silas (associate head coach), Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel, Mike Batiste, Eddie Jordan
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Treveon Graham.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/18 — Julyan Stone’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/22/19 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwayne Bacon.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/8/18 — Hired Mitch Kupchak as general manager.
- 4/13/18 — Fired Coach Steve Clifford.
- 5/10/18 — Hired Coach James Borrego.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)