Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
- Room: $2,732,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Brian Roberts, Mo Williams, Kemba Walker (injured)
SG: Gerald Henderson, Lance Stephenson, P.J. Hairston, Troy Daniels
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeffrey Taylor
PF: Cody Zeller, Marvin Williams, Noah Vonleh, Bismack Biyombo (injured)
C: Al Jefferson, Jason Maxiell
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Noah Vonleh (9th) in the 2014 NBA draft
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to P.J. Hairston (2014-26th) and Semaj Christon (2014-55th), a 2019 second-rounder and cash from the Miami HEAT for the rights to Shabazz Napier (2014-24th).
- 6/26/14 — Traded the rights to Semaj Christon (2014-55th) to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash.
- 7/10/14 — Signed restricted free agent Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $63 million offer sheet — but the Utah Jazz matched his salary.
- 7/12/14 — Traded Brendan Haywood and the rights to Dwight Powell (2014-45th) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Scotty Hopson.
- 7/13/14 — Traded Scotty Hopson to the New Orleans Pelicans for $75k.
- 7/16/14 — Signed Marvin Williams to a two-year, $14 million contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Lance Stephenson to a three-year, $27.4 million contract (team option on third season).
- 7/23/14 — Signed Brian Roberts to a two-year, $5.6 million contract.
- 7/25/14 — Signed Jannero Pargo to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/25/14 — Signed Noah Vonleh to an $11.4 million, rookie-scale contract.
- 8/22/14 — Signed P.J. Hairston to a $5.9 million, rookie-scale contract.
- 9/22/14 — Invited Brian Qvale to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k contract.
- 9/22/14 — Invited Dallas Lauderdale to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k contract.
- 9/22/14 — Invited Justin Cobbs to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k contract.
- 9/26/14 — Invited Jason Maxiell to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.3 million contract.
- 10/29/14 — Picked up Cody Zeller’s third-year option.
- 10/29/14 — Picked up Michael Kidd-Gilchrist’s fourth-year option.
- 10/29/14 — Signed Kemba Walker to a four-year, $48 million contract.
- 2/4/15 — Signed Elliot Williams to a $57.7k, 10-day contract.
- 2/10/15 — Traded Gary Neal and a 2019 Miami HEAT second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves for Mo Williams, Troy Daniels and cash.
Waived Players: Brian Qvale, Justin Cobbs, Dallas Lauderdale, Jannero Pargo, Elliot Williams (expired 10-day)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $75k from New Orleans Pelicans (Scotty Hopson); $344,562 from Minnesota Timberwolves (Mo Williams)
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas — 2014-15 $9,388,430
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/21/15)