Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: None
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Matt Barnes, expiring 6/25/16) — $646,250
- Trade Exception (Luke Ridnour, expiring 6/25/16) — $548,000
- Bird: Bismack Biyombo, Jeffery Taylor
- Non-Bird: Mo Williams, Jason Maxiell
First-Round Player Options: P.J. Hairston (third-year), Cody Zeller (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas.
- 6/15/15 — Al Jefferson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Lance Stephenson to Los Angeles Clippers for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes.
- 6/17/15 — Gerald Henderson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh to Portland Trail Blazers for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Matt Barnes to Memphis Grizzlies for Luke Ridnour.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour and a conditional 2016 second-rounder (31-55 range, unprotected in 2017) to Oklahoma City for Jeremy Lamb.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Frank Kaminsky with the ninth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th) to Brooklyn Nets for a 2018 second-rounder, a 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Frank Kaminsky (2015-9th)
- Second-rounders: None
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts
SG: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, P.J. Hairston, Troy Daniels
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Cody Zeller, Marvin Williams
C: Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31-55 range) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Jeremy Lamb).
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $75k from New Orleans Pelicans (Scotty Hopson); $344,562 from Minnesota Timberwolves (Mo Williams), $880k from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/15)