Charlotte Hornets Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 7/12/17) — $1,666,470
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts, Briante Weber, Ramon Sessions (injured)
SG: Nicolas Batum, Marco Belinelli, Treveon Graham
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeremy Lamb
PF: Marvin Williams, Christian Wood, Johnny O’Bryant
C: Frank Kaminsky, Cody Zeller, Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/16/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Johnny O’Bryant.
- 6/19/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Briante Weber.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Christian Wood.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Harrison.
- 7/12/17 — Troy Daniels trade exception expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/22/18 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Treveon Graham and Christian Wood.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- TBD — Guarantee details for Johnny O’Bryant and Briante Weber for 2017-18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Jeremy Lin opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer for Troy Daniels.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Jeremy Lin, Al Jefferson, Jorge Gutierrez, Tyler Hansbrough, Courtney Lee, Jason Maxiell and Jeff Taylor.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Malachi Richardson (2016-22nd) to Sacramento Kings for Marco Belinelli.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Roy Hibbert to a one-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ramon Sessions to a two-year, $12.3 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Nicolas Batum to a five-year, $120 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Brian Roberts to a one-year, $1.1 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed and traded Troy Daniels to Memphis Grizzlies for $250,000.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Marvin Williams to a four-year, $54.5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Christian Wood to a two-year, $1.9 million contract, team option on second season.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Mike Tobey to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($75,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Treveon Graham to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($75,000).
- 9/7/16 — Signed Rasheed Sulaimon to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Andrew Andrews to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Perry Ellis to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/30/16 — Picked up team option on Frank Kaminsky.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Cody Zeller to a four-year, $55,625,000 contract extension.
- 1/10/17 — Trevon Graham’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/2/17 — Traded Spencer Hawes and Roy Hibbert to Milwaukee Bucks for Miles Plumlee.
- 2/3/17 — Signed Mike Tobey to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
- 2/4/17 — Sign Ray McCallum to a 10-day $59,747 contract.
- 2/13/17 — Traded a protected second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers for Chris Andersen and $750,000.
- 2/13/17 — Signed Ray McCallum to an 11-day $65,722 contract.
- 2/13/17 — Signed Mike Tobey to an 11-day $35,166 contract.
- 2/24/17 — Signed Johnny O’Bryant to a 10-day $57,672 contract.
- 2/27/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 3/6/17 — Signed Johnny O’Bryant to a 10-day $57,672 contract.
- 3/9/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 3/16/17 — Signed Johnny O’Bryant to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,632,865 contract.
- 3/19/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,441,234 contract.
Waived Players: Andrew Andrews, Perry Ellis, Rasheed Sulaimon, Mike Tobey, Aaron Harrison, Chris Andersen
Traded Players: Troy Daniels, Roy Hibbert, Spencer Hawes
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Ray McCallum (two), Mike Tobey (two), Johnny O’Bryant (two), Briante Weber (two)
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension TBD)
Assistants: Patrick Ewing (associate head coach), Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — general manager
- Chad Buchanan — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Chris Andersen).
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $250,000 from Memphis Grizzlies (Troy Daniels); $750,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Chris Andersen) — $2.5 million remaining
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Noel Gillespie coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/21/17)