Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $34.4 million but none if Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist each opt in.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two player options, three non-guaranteed
PG: Tony Parker, Devonte’ Graham
SG: Malik Monk, Dwayne Bacon
SF: Nicolas Batum, Miles Bridges
PF: Guillermo Hernangomez
C: Bismack Biyombo, Cody Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dwight Howard, expiring 7/6/2019) — $7,819,725
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Kemba Walker, Marvin Williams (PO), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (PO), Jeremy Lamb ($14,227,907), Frank Kaminsky (RFA*, $10,883,526)
- Non-Bird: Shelvin Mack ($1,618,520), Brian Roberts* ($1,618,520), J.P. Macura (two-way), Joe Chealey (two-way), Marcus Paige* (two-way)
* If issued qualifying offer.
**Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Tony Parker $5,250,000
- Willy Hernangomez $1,676,735
- Dwayne Bacon $1,618,520
2019 Draft Picks: 12th*, 36th (from the Washington Wizards), 52nd (from Oklahoma City Thunder); Own 42nd, 43rd or 44th to the Atlanta Hawks
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks, via trade with Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $5 million from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard); $243,000 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hamidou Diallo) — $0 remaining
- 6/22/19 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 7/4/19 — Tony Parker’s $5,250,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Dwight Howard trade exception expires.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options for Malik Monk and Miles Bridges.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwayne Bacon.
- 7/7/20 — Devonte’ Graham’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Miles Bridges.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Miles Bridges.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Miles Bridges.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/16/19 — Bismack Biyombo opted into his $17,000,000 2019-20 salary.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)