Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the Terry Rozier sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to $58.0 million in cap space, down to $31.8 million if Nicolas Batum opts in.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Terry Rozier, Devonte’ Graham, Kobi Simmons
SG: Dwayne Bacon, Malik Monk, Caleb Martin, Ahmed Hill (two-way)
SF: Nicolas Batum, Miles Bridges, Cody Martin
PF: Marvin Williams, PJ Washington, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist, Guillermo Hernangomez, Jalen McDaniels
C: Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo, Robert Franks (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,084,690 (Cory Martin)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
- Kobi Simmons $1,620,564
- Caleb Martin $898,310
- Jalen McDaniels $898,310
Waived Players: Tony Parker, Thomas Welsh, Josh Perkins, Joe Chealey
Traded Players: Kemba Walker (sign and trade)
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: Robert Franks, Ahmed Hill
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell, Nick Friedman (player development coach), Jordan Surenkamp (head video coordinator), Garrius Adams (assistant video coordinator)
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning), Lauren McGuigan (director of sports science)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham), may convey to the Brooklyn Nets.
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 million max): $0
- 10/31/19 — Team options for Malik Monk and Miles Bridges.
- 11/9/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jalen McDaniels.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Kobi Simmons, Caleb Martin and Terry Rozier.
- 1/10/20 — Kobi Simmons’ $1,620,564 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Jalen McDaniels and Caleb Martin’s $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Caleb Martin, Kobi Simmons, Jalen McDaniels and Dwayne Bacon.
- 7/7/20 — Devonte’ Graham’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Miles Bridges and PJ Washington.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
- 7/15/21 — Cody Martin’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on PJ Washington.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Miles Bridges.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Miles Bridges and Cody Martin.
- Before start of 2022 season — Extension deadline for PJ Washington.
- 6/30/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for PJ Washington.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/16/19 — Bismack Biyombo opted into his $17,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 12th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/11/19 — Marvin Williams opted into his $15,006,250 2019-20 salary.
- 6/19/19 — Michael-Kidd Gilchrist opted into his $13,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted PJ Washington (12th), Cody Martin (36th) and Jalen McDaniels (52nd).
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’ $1,676,735 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to Frank Kaminsky.
- 7/3/19 – Signed PJ Washington (2019-12th) to a $17,878,995 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/19 — Waived Tony Parker.
- 7/6/19 — Sent Kemba Walker via sign and trade and a 2020 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Terry Rozier, also via sign and trade on a four-year $56,700,000 contract.
- 7/8/19 — Dwight Howard trade exception ($7,819,725) expires.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Robert Franks to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Cody Martin (2019-36th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,473,912 contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Caleb Martin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Josh Perkins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Joe Chealey to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/9/19 — Signed Thomas Welsh to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/19 — Signed Ahmed Hill to a two-way contract.
- 9/16/19 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh.
- 10/10/19 — Signed Jalen McDaniels (2019-52nd) to non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/19 — Waived Joe Chealey and Josh Perkins.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Joe Chealey (implicit)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Shelvin Mack ($1,620,564), Brian Roberts ($1,620,564), Marcus Paige (two-way)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/14/19)