Quick: Currently over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Mid-Level Exception: $4,890,385 (partially used on Michael Carter-Williams, Dwayne Bacon)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Brian Roberts ($1,471,382), Christian Wood ($1,471,382)
- Treveon Graham $1,312,611
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Julyan Stone (injured), Michael Carter-Williams (injured)
SG: Jeremy Lamb, Malik Monk, Treveon Graham, Nicolas Batum (injured)
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dwayne Bacon
PF: Marvin Williams, Frank Kaminsky, Johnny O’Bryant
C: Dwight Howard, Cody Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Marcus Paige, Mangok Mathiang
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension agreed to in December 2015)
Assistants: Stephen Silas (associate head coach), Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel, Mike Batiste, Eddie Jordan
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — general manager (contracted through 2017-18 season)
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Julyan Stone and Michael Carter-Williams.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Treveon Graham.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/18 — Julyan Stone’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/22/19 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Marvin Williams.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option for Malik Monk.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwayne Bacon.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Malik Monk.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malik Monk.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/17/17 — Declined option on Christian Wood’s final season.
- 6/20/17 — Traded Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick to Atlanta Hawks for Dwight Howard and the 31st pick.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Malik Monk (11th)
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Frank Jackson (2017-31st) to New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) and $1.8 million.
- 6/30/17 — Declined option on Ramon Sessions’ final season.
- 7/2/16 — Signed Malik Monk (2017-11th) to a $15,726,038 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 8/1/17 — Johnny O’Bryant $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 8/2/17 — Signed T.J. Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Isaiah Hicks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Marcus Paige to a one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Mangok Mathiang to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/23/17 — Signed Julyan Stone to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,180,397 contract.
- 9/15/17 — Signed Terry Henderson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/17/17 — Signed Luke Petrasek to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/29/17 — Picked up team option for Frank Kaminsky.
Waived Players: Briante Weber, Terry Henderson, Isaiah Hicks, T.J. Williams, Luke Petrasek
Traded Players: Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
Arena: Spectrum Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/8/17)