|Martell Webster (waived)||$5,613,500|
|Gary Neal (waived)||$2,139,000|
|Ryan Hollins (waived)||$200,426|
|Jaleel Roberts (waived)||$10,000|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$39.7 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,464,000 (partially used on Alan Anderson)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Gary Neal)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Ramon Sessions
SG: Bradley Beal, Garrett Temple, Marcus Thornton
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre, Jarell Eddie, Alan Anderson (injured)
PF: Markieff Morris, Jared Dudley, Drew Gooden (injured)
C: Marcin Gortat, Nene, J.J. Hickson
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/18/16 — No-package restriction lifts on Markieff Morris.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bradley Beal.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Drew Gooden’s $3.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/16 — Jarell Eddie’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Otto Porter.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Eddie and Otto Porter.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Kelly Oubre.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Kelly Oubre.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Kelly Oubre.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/12/15 — Garrett Temple opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Kelly Oubre (2015-15th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Aaron White with the 49th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Paul Pierce opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 protected (top-55) second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks for Jared Dudley.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Gary Neal to a one-year, $2.1 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to a $9.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Alan Anderson to a $4 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Drew Gooden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $6.8 million contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Toure’ Murry to a non-guaranteed $947k minimum summer contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Ish Smith to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Jaleel Roberts to a partially-guaranteed ($10k) $525k minimum contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Josh Harrellson to a $981k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Jaron Johnson to a non-guaranteed 525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Picked up Otto Porter’s fourth-year option.
- 11/30/15 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million contract.
- 12/23/15 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.5 million contract.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Kris Humphries, DeJuan Blair and a protected 2016 first-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Markieff Morris.
- 2/25/16 — Signed J.J. Hickson for the rest of the season at $366,337.
- 3/9/16 — Signed Marcus Thornton for the rest of the season at $251,107.
Waived Players: Jaleel Roberts, Josh Harrellson, Toure’ Murry, Jaron Johnson, Ish Smith (claimed by New Orleans Pelicans), Martell Webster (via stretch provision), Ryan Hollins, Gary Neal
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th), Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd)
Head Coach: Randy Wittman (three-year extension starting for the 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Don Newman, Don Zierden, Roy Rogers, Pat Sullivan, Howard Eisley, David Adkins (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-nine protected through 2021, unprotected in 2022) to Phoenix Suns (Markieff Morris).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Non-Bird: Will Bynum, Al Harrington*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Alan Anderson — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Andray Blatche.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/16)