|Larry Nance Jr.||$12,727,273|
|JR Smith (waived)||$1,456,667|
|Kevin Porter Jr.||$1,290,960|
|Alfonzo McKinnie (waived)||$708,871|
|JP Macura (expired 13-day)||$106,181|
|Sheldon Mac (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Alfonzo McKinnie (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Alfonzo McKinnie (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Malik Newman (expired 13-day)||$65,978|
|Marques Bolden (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Sir’Dominic Pointer (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Tyler Cook (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Tyler Cook (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Tyler Cook (waived)||$30,451|
|Matt Mooney (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Collin Sexton, Dante Exum, Matthew Dellavedova, Matt Mooney (two-way)
SG: Darius Garland, Kevin Porter Jr., Levi Randolph (two-way)
SF: Cedi Osman, Alfonzo McKinnie, Dylan Windler (injured)
PF: Kevin Love, Larry Nance Jr., Jordan Bell, Dean Wade
C: Andre Drummond, Tristan Thompson, Ante Zizic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jordan Clarkson, expiring 12/23/20) — $3,837,500
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,758,000 (Alfonzo McKinnie, Jordan Bell, Dean Wade)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: J.R. Smith (stretched), Levi Randolph, Malik Newman, Alex Robinson, Sir’Dominic Pointer, Daniel Hamilton, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, JP Macura, Sindarius Thornwell, Marques Bolden, Jarell Martin, Alfonzo McKinnie, Tyler Cook, Levi Randolph (two-way)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Alfonzo McKinnie, Tyler Cook (two), Alfonzo McKinnie, Marques Bolden, JP Macura (13-day), Malik Newman (13-day), Sir’Dominic Pointer, Sheldon Mac
Traded Players: Jordan Clarkson, John Henson, Brandon Knight
G-League Affiliate: Canton Charge (Mike Gansey general manager, Nate Reinking coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Matt Mooney (two years)
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Lindsay Gottlieb, Antonio Lang, Dan Geriot, Steve Frankoski (player development coach), Michael Hartman (director of coaching analytics/player development), Sam Jones (player development coordinator), J.J. Outlaw (assistant coach/player development), Chris Darnell (player development/video assistant), Jay Shunnar (special assistant to head coach), Mike Gerrity (director of player development/assistant coach), Dan Vincent (head video coordinator/player development), Andrew Olson (shooting coach)
Trainers: Steve Spiro, Derek Millender (strength and conditioning), Albert Padilla, Ed Subel
- Koby Altman — general manager
- Mike Gansey — assistant general manager
- Brock Aller — senior director of basketball operations
- Jon Nichols — senior director of analytics
- Brandon Weems — director of scouting
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2022 — Owed a protected (lottery protected in 2021, top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) first-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill), two years following Milwaukee’s obligation to the Phoenix Suns.
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Sam Dekker).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (lower of Cleveland or Golden State Warriors) to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2024 — Utah Jazz can swap second-rounders with the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 4/11/19 — Parted ways with Coach Larry Drew.
- 5/13/19 — Hired Coach John Beilein.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 5th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Darius Garland (5th) and Dylan Windler (26th).
- 6/27/19 — Traded 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2024 second-rounders and $5 million to the Detroit Pistons for the rights to Kevin Porter Jr. (30th).
- 6/28/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to David Nwaba.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Dean Wade to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Darius Garland (2019-5th) to a $24,665,868 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Dylan Windler (2019-26th) to a $10,449,718 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Kevin Porter Jr. (2019-30th) to an $8,009,193 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/19 — Waived and stretched J.R. Smith.
- 8/5/19 — Signed Levi Randolph to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/5/19 — Signed Malik Newman to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/19 — Waived Levi Randolph and Malik Newman.
- 8/16/19 — Signed Jarell Martin to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 8/19/19 — Signed Alex Robinson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/19 — Signed Sindarius Thornwell to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/19 — Signed Daniel Hamilton to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/19 — Signed J.P. Macura to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/19 — Signed Marques Bolden to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/19 — Waived Alex Robinson.
- 9/23/19 — Signed Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Signed Sir’Dominic Pointer (2015-53rd) to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Waived Sir’Dominic Pointer.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Daniel Hamilton, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, PJ Macura and Sindarius Thornwell.
- 10/19/19 — Claimed Tyler Cook off waivers (Denver Nuggets).
- 10/19/19 –Waived Marques Bolden and Jarell Martin.
- 10/21/19 — Claimed Alfonzo McKinnie off waivers (Golden State Warriors).
- 10/25/19 — Signed Cedi Osman to a partially-guaranteed four-year $31,118,844 extension.
- 10/30/19 — Picked up Collin Sexton’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/31/19 — Declined Ante Zizic’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 12/7/19 — Sam Dekker trade exception expired ($2,760,095).
- 12/23/19 — Traded Jordan Clarkson to the Utah Jazz for Dante Exum and two second-rounders.
- 1/3/20 — Signed Tyler Cook for the rest of the season (partially-guaranteed) at $527,821, ending his two-way contract
- 1/6/20 — Waived Alfonzo McKinnie and Tyler Cook.
- 1/6/20 — Signed Levi Randolph to a two-way contract.
- 1/9/20 — Re-signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a 10-day $91,557 contract.
- 1/9/20 — Signed Tyler Cook to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 1/13/20 — Waived Levi Randolph (two-way).
- 1/15/20 — Signed Matt Mooney to a two-year two-way contract.
- 1/18/20 — Tyler Cook and Alfonzo McKinnie’s 10-day contracts expired.
- 1/20/20 — Signed Tyler Cook to a second 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 1/23/20 — Re-signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a second 10-day $91,557 contract.
- 1/29/20 — Tyler Cook’s 10-day contract expired.
- 1/30/20 — Signed Marques Bolden to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 2/3/20 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s 10-day contract expired.
- 2/4/20 — Rodney Hood trade exception ($266,728) expired.
- 2/6/20 — Traded John Henson, Brandon Knight and a 2023 second-rounder (Golden State Warriors or Cleveland’s) to the Detroit Pistons for Andre Drummond.
- 2/7/20 — Wade Baldwin ($1,544,951) and Nik Stauskas ($1,512,601) trade exceptions expired.
- 2/8/20 — Marques Bolden’s 10-day contract expired.
- 2/8/20 — Re-signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a partially-guaranteed four-year $7,338,954 contract.
- 2/9/20 — Signed JP Macura to a 13-day $106,161 contract.
- 2/9/20 — Signed Malik Newman to a 13-day $65,978 contract.
- 2/14/20 — Ended JP Macura’s 10-day contract.
- 2/19/20 — Coach Jim Beilein resigned.
- 2/18/20 — Malik Newman’s 10-day contracts expired.
- 3/4/20 — Signed Sir’Dominic Pointer to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 3/8/20 — Signed Sheldon Mac to a 10-day $91,557 contract.
- 3/10/20 — Named J.B. Bickerstaff head coach.
- 6/23/20 — Sheldon Mac and Sir’Dominic Pointer’s 10-day contracts expired.
- 6/29/20 — Signed Jordan Bell to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,012,796 contract.
- 6/29/20 — Signed Dean Wade to a partially-guaranteed four-year $5,606,283 contract, team option on the final season, ending his two-way.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Channing Frye ($1,620,564), Nik Stauskas ($1,620,564)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/20)
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
- Tyrese Haliburton mocks Damian Lillard while imitating his signature “Dame Time” celebration