Quick: Over the cap. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): Over the cap.
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Collin Sexton, Dante Exum, Matt Mooney (two-way)
SG: Darius Garland, Kevin Porter Jr.
SF: Cedi Osman, Alfonzo McKinnie, Dylan Windler
PF: Kevin Love, Larry Nance Jr., Jordan Bell, Dean Wade
C: Andre Drummond
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jordan Clarkson, expiring 12/23/20) — $3,837,500
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft: 5th ($6,400,920 cap hold); 32nd to Charlotte Hornets (Miles Bridges)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Alfonzo McKinnie $1,762,796 — 2/24/21
- Jordan Bell $1,762,796 — 2/24/21
- Dean Wade $1,517,981 — 2/24/21
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Tristan Thompson ($27,808,695), Matthew Dellavedova ($18,254,250)
- Declined First: Ante Zizic ($3,872,215)
- Non-Bird: Channing Frye*** ($1,620,564), Nik Stauskas*** ($1,620,564)
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Darius Garland
- Collin Sexton
- Dylan Windler
- Kevin Porter Jr.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Canton Charge (Mike Gansey general manager, Nate Reinking coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Matt Mooney
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Antonio Lang, Dan Geriot, Lindsay Gottlieb
Trainers: Steve Spiro, Derek Millender (strength and conditioning), Albert Padilla, Ed Subel
- Koby Altman — general manager
- Mike Gansey — assistant general manager
- Bernie Bickerstaff — senior basketball advisor
- Jason Hillman — basketball chief of staff & team counsel
- Andrae Patterson — director of basketball administration
- Jon Nichols — senior director of analytics
- Brandon Weems — director of scouting
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes).
- 2022 — Owed a protected (lottery protected in 2021, top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) first-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill), two years following Milwaukee’s obligation to the Phoenix Suns.
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Sam Dekker).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (lower of Cleveland or Golden State Warriors) to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2024 — Utah Jazz can swap second-rounders with the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/21/20 — NBA moratorium.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/23/20 — Jordan Clarkson trade exception expires.
- 12/29/20 — Team options on Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 2/24/21– Jordan Bell and Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,762,796 guarantee for 2020-21.
- 2/24/21 — Dean Wade’s $1,517,98 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Collin Sexton.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 1/7/22 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2021-22 if not waived by 5:00 PM Eastern.
- 1/7/22 — Dean Wade’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22 if not waived by 5:00 PM Eastern.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Collin Sexton.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Dean Wade.
- 1/7/23 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $2,165,298 guarantees for 2022-23 if not waived by 5:00 PM Eastern.
- 1/7/23 — Dean Wade’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23 if not waived by 5:00 PM Eastern.
- 6/29/23 — Cedi Osman’s $6,718,842 guarantees for 2023-24.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/20)