After years of coming up short, Ohio sports betting is finally coming to The Buckeye State. While sanctioned sports betting won’t formally open until next year, Ohioans can bet on their favorite teams through offshore sportsbooks today.
Our Ohio sports betting guide covers the professional and college sports betting for Buckeye residents at our listed offshore sportsbooks. In addition, we’ll cover what types of betting are legal, sports promotions, and how to set up your account.
- 1 Timeline: Legal Ohio Sports Betting Movement
- 2 The Best Ohio Sports Betting Sites Ranked
- 3 The Best Ohio Online Sports Betting Sites 2022
- 4 Best Sports Betting Sites in Ohio
- 4.1 1. BetOnline – Best NBA Sportbook Ohio has to Offer
- 4.2 2. XBet – Best Ohio Sportsbook Odds for Games
- 4.3 3. Bovada – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for Live Streaming Games
- 4.4 4. MyBookie – Best Ohio Online Sports Betting for Mobile
- 4.5 5. BetUS – Overall Best Ohio Sports Betting in 2022 for crypto bonus
- 4.6 6. BUSR – Best Ohio Sportsbook for Horse Racing
- 4.7 7. Sportsbetting.ag – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for European Sports
- 5 More on gambling in Ohio…
- 6 Ohio Sports Betting Sites Compared
- 7 Who can Bet on Sports in Ohio
- 8 How to Bet on Sports in Ohio
- 9 Is Sports Betting Legal in Ohio?
- 10 When will Betting be Legal in Ohio?
- 11 December, 2021 Ballot HB 29 Legalized Sports Betting in Ohio
- 12 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Ohio
- 13 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Ohio
- 14 Payment Methods available at Ohio Betting Sites
- 15 Bonuses available at Ohio Sports Betting Sites
- 16 Popular Sports to Bet on in Ohio
- 16.1 Complete the Pass with NFL Betting
- 16.2 Shoot to Win with NBA Sports Betting
- 16.3 Get on Base with Elite MLB Betting
- 16.4 Score the Puck with NHL Betting
- 16.5 Sink the Free Throw with NCAA Basketball Betting
- 16.6 Pound the Football with Winning College Football Bets
- 16.7 Sink the Winning Put with Golf Bets
- 16.8 Stride to the Finish Line with Horse Racing Bets
- 16.9 Put Together the Winning Daily Fantasy Sports Lineup
- 17 Live Betting with Ohio Sports Betting Sites
- 18 Bets that are Illegal in Ohio
- 19 How Ohio Sports Betting Ranks Against its Neighbors
- 20 Casinos with Sports Betting in Ohio
- 21 More on Ohio Gambling
- 22 Best Online Sportsbook for Ohio
- 23 Sports Betting Ohio FAQs
Timeline: Legal Ohio Sports Betting Movement
The push to legalize sports betting in Ohio began in 2018 when the US Supreme Court struck down a law banning sports betting throughout the US. While many of the states around Ohio were quick to legalize sports wagering, however, Ohio has not yet made sports betting legal.
Here’s a rundown of recent progress on online sports betting in Ohio:
- April 6, 2022: JACK Entertainment officially launches the free-to-play betJack app where players can find out more about the sport they are betting on.
- February 8, 2022: Fubo Gaming announces its partnership with the Cleveland Cavaliers as its official mobile betting partner. There is also plans to open a sports lounge.
- December 22, 2021: Governor Mike DeWine signs bill HB 29, officially sanctioning sports gambling in Ohio.
- October, 2021: Senator Kirk Schuring mentions that sports betting in Ohio could get voted in by Halloween.
- August, 2021: The Ohio sports betting bill makes its way into the House but lawmakers push back on it.
- June, 2021: The House failed to bring the Ohio sports betting legislation to a vote before the end of the summer legislative session.
- June, 2021: Senator Schuring, who introduced the sports betting bill, amended it so that existing racinos and casinos would be allowed to operate sportsbooks. It also increased the number of licenses from 40 to 53. The amendment was passed 31-0.
- June, 2021: The Ohio State Senate passed SB176 with a 31-2 vote, the day after the bill was approved by its committee.
- May, 2021: State Senator Kirk Schuring introduced SB176, a bill that would create 40 sports betting licenses to be split between online and brick-and-mortar sportsbooks. The bill also required that physical sportsbooks must be standalone sites so that existing racinos and casinos would not be allowed to operate sportsbooks. It also introduced a flat fee sports pool product for the Ohio Lottery.
- December 2020: Ohio lawmakers proposed several competing versions of bills to legalize sports betting, but could not come to an agreement on the number of licenses to issue. The legislative session ended without progress.
The Best Ohio Sports Betting Sites Ranked
|100% up to $1,000 Casino Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Get Offer|
|Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|50% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|125% sign up bonus. Bet $1000 Get $1250 Free.||Get Offer|
|$1000 Welcome Bonus + Free NBA Live Streaming||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|35% free play up to $700 Bonus||Get Offer|
The Best Ohio Online Sports Betting Sites 2022
Looking for the best sports betting Ohio has to offer? We’ve put together a list of the top 10 Ohio sportsbook sites for 2022:
- BetOnline – Best NBA Sports Betting Ohio has to Offer
- XBet – Best Sportsbook Ohio Odds for Games
- Bovada – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for Live Streaming Games
- MyBookie – Best Ohio Online Sports Betting for Mobile
- BetUS – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for Crypto Bonus
- BUSR – Best Ohio Betting Site for Horse Racing
- Sportsbetting.ag – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for European Sports
- Everygame – Top Ohio Betting Site for New Players
- Jazz – Bitcoin Bonus Offered
- Betanysports – Big on Basketball Betting
Best Sports Betting Sites in Ohio
While sports betting in Ohio isn’t legal just yet, you can still bet on your favorite sports with an online sportsbook. Let’s take a closer look at the 5 best Ohio sports betting sites for 2022:
1. BetOnline – Best NBA Sportbook Ohio has to Offer
BetOnline is one of our favorite Ohio sports betting sites for wagering on the NBA. This platform lets you bet on individual games as well as the NBA draft and next year’s championship. It also carries an enormous range of prop bets, which can make for some unique parlays when the NBA season is in full swing.
BetOnline has similarly strong coverage for the NFL, MLB, and NHL, plus offers wagers on golf, tennis, and more. In addition, the site has a built-in casino and racebook, so it’s something of a one-stop-shop for betting in Ohio. The only thing we found disappointing is that BetOnline doesn’t offer online streaming of sports games.
BetOnline matches the $1,000 welcome bonus offer we’ve seen from MyBookie and Sportsbetting.ag, and even offers a 25% reload bonus up to $250. You can fund your betting account with Bitcoin, but BetOnline doesn’t accept other cryptocurrencies at this time.
What we like:
- Bet on the NBA draft and NBA futures
- Wide range of prop bets for most matches
- Integrated casino and racebook
- $1,000 welcome bonus available
- Live-streaming available for MLB, NFL, and many other American favorites
What we don’t:
- Bitcoin is the only crypto accepted
2. XBet – Best Ohio Sportsbook Odds for Games
XBet is a site that we’ve listed because of the amount of sports betting that they offer. Players will get a chance to bet on many different markets throughout NBA, NFL, MLB, Esports, and everything in between. Not only does XBet offer Ohio sports betting, but they also have a rather satisfying casino section where players can try all kinds of slots from Betsoft.
There’s also a racebook at Xbet, one that offers something a little different to the everyday cycle of betting. Players can bet on events like the Kentucky Derby, or the Breeders Cup, whilst still being able to move within different sections of the site with ease.
Those players who sign up as first-time players with XBet will get to enjoy a 100% matched deposit bonus up to $500 for the sportsbook, but also be able to claim the exact same promotion on the casino side of things. The bonuses are completely independent of each other, so can both be claimed with ease.
What we like:
- Horse betting markets
- Bet on NBA futures and e-sports
- Quick payouts
What we don’t:
- Limited casino section
3. Bovada – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for Live Streaming Games
Bovada is one of the best Ohio sportsbook sites if you’re looking for a place to watch matches as well as bet on them. This Ohio sports betting site offers HD-quality streaming for virtually every game you can bet on, plus allows you to make live in-game bets to keep things exciting. Bovada also has a prop builder tool that makes it easy to create custom wagers.
Another reason to choose Bovada is that its selection of sports to bet on is enormous. You can bet on the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, plus college sports, golf, and soccer. The platform also offers betting on lesser-watched winter sports and competitions like snooker and handball.
Bovada’s amazing welcome bonus is $1000, which you can claim using the Bovada promo code BVD1000, and there is also BTC bonus for those who make a deposit with Bitcoin, which is great for cryptocurrency users. The site offers a 75% match on your Bitcoin deposit up to $750. You can also fund your account with Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin, and payments in these digital currencies are processed in hours rather than days.
What we like:
- HD-quality live streaming
- Prop builder for custom bets
- Huge range of sports to bet on
- Generous welcome bonus for Bitcoin deposits
What we don’t:
- Limited welcome bonus for credit or debit payments
4. MyBookie – Best Ohio Online Sports Betting for Mobile
MyBookie is one of our top-rated Ohio sports betting sites in 2022. This online sportsbook Ohia players can use offers betting on all the major US sports leagues as well as college football and basketball. You can also bet on soccer, golf, rugby, and even special events like the Olympics.
MyBookie’s platform stands out for how easy it is to bet on and follow your favorite sports. You can watch a live stream of almost any match through your account and bet on games as they unfold. MyBookie also offers one of the best sports betting apps in Ohio, so it’s easy to take your betting on the go.
Another plus to MyBookie is that it offers an attractive welcome bonus for new users. When you sign up for the platform, you can claim up to $1,000 with a 100% match on your first deposit. After that, every time you add money to your account, MyBookie will give you a 25% deposit match.
What we like:
- Live streaming of most matches
- Supports parlays and in-game betting
- Welcome bonus up to $1,000
- Bet on Ohio State University college sports
What we don’t:
- Limited selection of non-traditional sports
5. BetUS – Overall Best Ohio Sports Betting in 2022 for crypto bonus
BetUS is one of our favorite Ohio sports betting apps for players who want to wager on the go. The best sports betting apps Ohio has don’t quite seem up to scratch, but the BetUS app is incredibly easy to use and puts your bet slip at the tips of your fingers. Even better, BetUS offers live in-game betting as an Ohio sportsbook, so you can place bets as a game unfolds even if you don’t have your computer in front of you.
Another thing we like about BetUS is that it offers outstanding customer support. The company’s customer service team is available 24/7 and you can get in touch by phone and live chat. Importantly, live chat is directly available from inside the BetUS app.
BetUS offers the most generous welcome bonus of any of our top 5 Ohio sportsbook sites. When you sign up, you can claim up to $3,1250 with a 125% match for both casino and sports betting in Ohio using the BetUS promo code JOIN125. Just note that there’s no reload bonus, so you do give up some future cash in exchange for a bigger sign-up bonus.
What we like:
- Very user-friendly mobile app
- Supports live in-game betting on mobile
- 24/7 customer support team
- Very large $1,250 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- No account reload bonuses
6. BUSR – Best Ohio Sportsbook for Horse Racing
BUSR.ag is a sports betting site that offers its Ohio players great odds and service. One of the top betting sites for sports in general, BUSR.ag is dedicated to providing the best horse racing betting in Ohio and boasts a top standalone racebook for all track meets in 2022.
Their goal is to provide a safe and secure way of making bets on your favorite horses or team. In addition, BUSR provides live betting odds for horse racing events and offers a wide range of bets and features: win, place, show, exacta, trifecta, and many more. This Ohio betting site also serves up TV coverage of many of the races, results, the latest news from the world of horse racing, and much more.
Promotions-wise, BUSR offers a 100% welcome bonus up to $1,000 as well as a $250 referral bonus to players. They also have numerous promotions and offers that are accessible by using BUSR promo codes.
What we like:
- $250 referral bonus
- 100% Match Bonus up to $1000
- 24/7 customer service management
- Great design and betting interface
- Live betting option on some games
What we don’t:
- Slower turnaround on payouts
7. Sportsbetting.ag – Best Ohio Sports Betting Site for European Sports
Sportsbetting.ag features one of the widest selection of markets on EU sports such as rugby and cricket — wider than what most online sports betting Ohio platforms have. You’ll be particularly impressed by the selection of niche prop bets. For example, bettors can find early lines on the EPL winner with less juice for the sportsbook.
A betting site with numerous helpful tools for new bettors, Sportsbetting.ag’s “Getting Started” tab brings out a selection of guides that break down how to place smarter wagers, understand betting terms, Ohio sports betting update explainers, and more.
Ohio sports bettors who visit the website expecting massive Sportsbetting.ag promo code won’t be disappointed. The bookie sometimes rotates promos to suit the current season and what customers are keen to wager on. A wide range of banking methods are available too, so you can go all out, even without claiming a bonus.
What we like:
- Wide range of EU sports markets
- Betting guides for new players
- Plenty of promos
- Huge variety of banking options
What we don’t:
- No live streaming
More on gambling in Ohio…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Ohio in our expert guides below:
- Ohio Real Money Online Casinos
- Ohio Online Poker
- Ohio Online Gambling
- Ohio Betting Apps
- Ohio Horse Racing
Ohio Sports Betting Sites Compared
Now that you know more about the 5 best Ohio sports betting sites, let’s see how they stack up on bonuses and key features:
|Betting Site||Bonus||Bonus Code||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|BetUS||125% up to $2,500||JOIN125||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum|
|Bovada||Up to $1000||BVD1000||Yes||Credit card, debit card, MatchPay, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $500
|Yes||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $250
|No Code||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar|
|BetOnline||100% deposit match up to $1,000
25% reload bonus up to $250
|No||Credit card, debit card, Skrill, Neteller, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin|
Who can Bet on Sports in Ohio
Until the first state sports betting retailers begin accepting wagers in 2023, Ohioans can easily turn to offshore sportsbooks. Most sports betting sites require their members to be at least 21 to register an account. Once your account is approved, you are free to gamble on a bevy of sports, including tennis, boxing, International baseball, and hockey leagues.
How to Bet on Sports in Ohio
Setting up your account at your preferred sportsbook isn’t complex at all. In these short steps, we walk you through creating your account and placing your bet.
1. Fill out the Registration Form
If you feel sure about the rules and terms of your chosen sportsbook, then it’s time to fill out the registration form. It only takes a few moments to fill this out, and you will have to prove your identity for security purposes. You can find the registration or join link at the top of the screen or in the footer area.
2. Verify Your Account Information
Sports betting sites take the security of their member’s accounts seriously. Before finalizing the registration, you are sent a confirmation asking you to approve the details. Then, you are asked to submit further information to prove your identity if necessary.
3. Make the Deposit
Now that your account is up and running head to the cashier and make your deposit. Offshore bookies like those listed in this account offer a variety of payment gateways. If you plan to use credit cards, you might have to submit a credit authorization form to the cashier. We recommend doing so immediately, for it may take time to approve.
4. Check for any Relevant Promotions
Offshore bookies have various sports promotions. Generally, new members have access to a sports welcome like Bovada’s $250 sports starter. BetOnline has a 50% matching sports welcome package good up to $1,000. After making your deposit, enter any applicable codes to unlock it and use it.
5. Fill Out the Bet Slip
Sports betting sites offer a combination of live betting, parlays, futures, odds, Moneyline bets, player props and more. We recommend checking out the particular sports glossaries and the odds for your particular sport. When you are ready, define your bet and the amount on the bet slip.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Ohio?
Ohio sports betting became legal in December 2021. However, retail sportsbooks or mobile apps won’t begin accepting bets until January 2023. Come 2023, Ohioans will be able to gamble on their beloved professional teams, horse racing, and more. HB 29 calls for 25 mobile Type A licenses. This bill makes room for 40 retail Type B licenses that prohibit a sportsbook in a county with less than 50,000 residents.
HB 29 also calls for a Type C license where liquor stores classified as Class D can only operate kiosks. Meanwhile, Ohioans can register today at our listed offshore sportsbooks and legally place sports wagers.
When will Betting be Legal in Ohio?
On December 22, 2021, Governor DeWine signed HB 29 into law, officially legalizing sports gambling. However, the earliest that Ohio can begin accepting sports bets at retailers and online, is January 2023.
December, 2021 Ballot HB 29 Legalized Sports Betting in Ohio
Governor DeWine signed bill HB 29 three days before Christmas in 2021. HB 29 is a comprehensive sports bill for The Buckeye State, which breaks down the number of mobile and retail licenses and the different license classes. We highlight the key supporters and opponents of bill HB 29.
Both Ohio’s House and Senate overwhelmingly approved bill HB 29. Governor DeWine is also a stronger supporter and advocate of HB 29.
Many academic professionals were against the permitting of in-state college sports gambling. According to Bruce Johnson of the University Council of Ohio “If wagering on collegiate sports is permitted, it would not take a great leap of logic to conclude the risk of student-athletes soliciting and accepting payments to influence the outcome of games may increase.”
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Ohio
While HB 29 is the bill that legalized Ohio sports betting, it wasn’t the first of its kind. We highlight the recent and notable Ohio sports betting bills.
- HB 29 – This bill sanctions Ohio sports gambling for retailers and mobile platforms. It also permits in-state college sports betting.
- SB 176 – A similar bill to HB 29, but it ultimately flamed out.
- SB 111 – An early bill that would have put the Ohio Casino Control Commission in charge of the state’s sports gambling.
- SB 194 – A similar sports gambling bill that attempted to add some rules and regulations. Like SB 111, this flames out.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Ohio
When retailers and mobile sports operators begin accepting sports bets in 2023, they are subject to a 10% tax on their revenues. In addition, all casinos and racinos in Ohio are subject to a 33% tax on gross income. In addition, individuals betting at a licensed casino or racino in Ohio will have the casino withhold 4% of their winnings for tax purposes.
In addition, you are allowed to deduct your gambling losses from your winnings when figuring out your taxes. However, you cannot remove more than you made from gambling for the year, even if you lose money while gambling.
If you’re using an offshore betting site, don’t expect the site to withhold any of your winnings for tax purposes. Even though offshore betting sites and casinos are outside Ohio’s jurisdiction, Ohio still requires its residents to report any net earnings.
Payment Methods available at Ohio Betting Sites
Legitimate sports betting sites offer a variety of payment gateways for their members to swiftly get into the virtual lobby and begin placing bets. We walk you through the essential payment gateways at offshore sportsbooks.
Crypto Betting Options
Bitcoin continues to surge in popularity, and it has a legion of dedicated Bitcoin Casinos. Offshore sports bookies like the ones in this list all offer Bitcoin and other alternate currencies. BetOnline, for example, has Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and more. It is strongly advised for you to familiarize yourself with the different crypto options. Establishing a crypto wallet is straightforward and free to do.
eWallet Betting Options
More sports betting sites like Bovada have eWallet payment gateways. It is free to set up an eWallet. You need a valid email and some ways to finance them.
Traditional Payment Methods at Ohio Betting Sites
Visa and MasterCard continue to be the bedrock and traditional banking method for offshore sportsbooks. Most sites also let you use the debit versions of the credit cards. But before you can use them, you must have the cashier’s authorization. Some sites like BetOnline and Bovada also have American Express and Discover Card as additional credit card options.
Bonuses available at Ohio Sports Betting Sites
There’s no shortage of elite sports promotions awaiting Ohioans at sports betting sites. We highlight the essential sports promotions that you can use to your advantage at an offshore sportsbook.
The Sports Welcome
The sports welcome bonus is generally the first sports bonus that Ohioans and new members will use once they register. The sites listed in this article offer competitive and rewarding sports starter prizes. After making your initial deposit, enter the bonus code associated with the matching welcome sports bonus. For example, BetUS offers a 100% matching bonus of up to $2,500.
Sports Reload Bonus
No matter how keen your sports strategy is, if you make enough bets, sometimes you’re going to lose. To help keep its members inspired and placing sports bets, offshore sportsbooks have sports rebate and reload bonuses. This type of lucrative bonus is designed to reimburse a percentage of previous losses, usually from the week before. BetOnline offers a 25% reload for its members.
Live Bet Promotions
Because live bets are a major fixture in online sports betting, our partner sports bookies feature advantageous live bets. This is designed to encourage new members to make their first bet, risk-free. BetOnline leads the charge with a $25 risk-free live bet.
Horse Racing Promotions
Ohioans can spend all day placing lucrative horse racing bets. To help you set that winning bet, sites like BetOnline and XBet offer daily horse rebates. These distinguished sports bookies in our top ten also provide a risk-free bet for horse racing.
Seasonal sports promotions are vastly popular throughout our offshore sportsbooks. Ohioans can expect March Madness Tournament prizes, the NFL Playoffs contests, odd for the next Kentucky Derby winner, and more.
Popular Sports to Bet on in Ohio
The Buckeye State features competitive and storied professional sports teams on every level and historic college programs. Unlike other sports States like New Jersey sportsbooks, Ohioans can bet on in-state-college teams. We break down the elite professional and college sports for Ohioans to gamble on.
Complete the Pass with NFL Betting
The Buckeye State features two NFL teams that are rich in sports history. Our partner sportsbooks all offer compelling NFL betting options. We feel that BetOnline’s risk-free bet for live player props, puts this betting site over the finish line.
We breakdown Ohio’s rich NFL history and teams.
- Cleveland Browns – This current Browns team is the second incarnation in the city of Cleveland. The Original Cleveland Browns left in 1996 and became the Baltimore Ravens, taking over for the departed Baltimore Colts. Legendary running back, Jim Brown played for The Original Cleveland Browns.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Narrowly lost Super Bowl LVI to the Los Angeles Rams. The Bengals have lost all three Super Bowl appearances.
Shoot to Win with NBA Sports Betting
The Cleveland Cavaliers is the centerpiece for NBA betting in The Buckeye State. Ohioans can do well placing their bets at any of our top listed sportsbooks, but we strongly suggest BetOnline manage these bets. BetOnline’s intricate NBA futures wagering, like NBA live betting, separates itself from the pack.
We highlight Ohio’s sole NBA team.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – The Cavs entered the NBA as an expansion team in 1970. NBA Hall Of Famer Lenny Wilkens played and coached for The Cavs. Future NBA Hall Of Famer Lebron James led his Cavs to an improbable 3-1 comeback win in the 2016 NBA Finals.
While Cincinnati doesn’t currently have an NBA team, it was once home to the Cincinnati Royals from 1957 to 1972. The Royals had NBA legends Oscar Robertson and Jerry Lucas. Then, the Royals would relocate and become the Kansas City-Omaha Kings. In 1985, the Kings would relocate again and become the modern-day Sacramento Kings.
Get on Base with Elite MLB Betting
The Buckeye State is also home to prestigious and storied Major League Baseball teams. Both BetOnline and XBet provide terrific player props and baseball futures, including Cy Young Winners, etc.
Ohio also has a rich tradition for baseball. We spotlight Ohio’s two Major League Baseball teams.
- Cleveland Guardians – Formerly known as the “Indians,” The Guardians compete in the American League.
- Cincinnati Reds – Have won five World Series. The Reds have some of baseball’s greatest teams, including “The Big Red Hitting Machine” offenses from the 1970s.
Score the Puck with NHL Betting
Ohioans are free to bet on their beloved Blue Jackets at our offshore sportsbooks. BetOnline and BetUS have detailed hockey futures, including AHL and over a dozen International hockey leagues.
We highlight Ohio’s lone NHL team.
- Columbus Blue Jackets – Started as an expansion team in 2000.
Sink the Free Throw with NCAA Basketball Betting
The Buckeye State, come January 2023, is going to offer its residents with rewarding college basketball betting. Ohio offers many competitive NCAA division one teams. BetOnline provides an in-depth college basketball futures, and excellent live odds.
We highlight Ohio’s illustrious college basketball teams from division one.
- University of Akron – The Zips have two NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Bowling Green State University – The Falcons compete in the Mid-American Conference.
- University of Cincinnati – The Bearcats are a perennial March Madness team.
- Cleveland State University – The Vikings play in the Horizon Conference.
- University of Dayton – The Flyers play in the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- Kent State University – The Golden Flashes first took the court in 1913.
- University of Miami at Ohio – The Redhawks is the Alma mater for former NBA standouts, Wayne Embry and Ron Harper.
- Ohio University – The Bobcats have 15 NCAA Tournaments to their credit.
- Ohio State – The Buckeyes are winners of the 1960 championship game and runners up to the Final Four ten times.
- University of Toledo – The Rockets are in-state rivals of The Falcons.
- Wright State University – The Raiders play out of The Horizon league.
- Xavier University – The Musketeers have been to the NCAA Tournament 28 times and have sent many alumni to the NBA.
- Youngstown State University – The Penguins program started in 1927.
Pound the Football with Winning College Football Bets
The Buckeye State is home to many FBS bowl championship teams. When it comes to college football gambling, we feel that BetOnline is the number one place in our list. Ohioans can place bets on the next Heisman Trophy Winner and a bevy of conference champions.
We break down the prestigious college football teams from division one in Ohio.
- University of Akron – The Zips are in-state rivals with Kent State.
- Bowling Green State University – The Falcons play in the Mid-American Conference.
- University of Cincinnati – The Bearcats will be moving to the Big 12 Conference in 2023.
- Dayton Flyers – The Alma mater of former NFL coach Jon Gruden.
- Kent State University – The Golden Flashes first took the field in 1920.
- University of Miami at Ohio – The Alma Mater of future NFL Hall Of Famer Ben Roethlisberger.
- Ohio University – The Bobcats have sent many players from its program into the NFL.
- Ohio State – The Buckeyes have won eight national championships.
- University of Toledo – The Rockets are the chief rivals of Bowling Green State.
- Youngstown State University – The Penguins have produced former NFL standouts Ron Jaworski and Jeff Wilkins.
Sink the Winning Put with Golf Bets
Ohioans are free to place golf wagers at our distinguished sportsbooks. In our opinion, BetOnline’s player props, which extend to elite golf tournaments, puts this offshore sportsbook over the top.
We list some of the golf tournaments in The Buckeye State.
- Ohio Amateur Qualifier
- Ohio Junior Championship
Stride to the Finish Line with Horse Racing Bets
Ohioans can already bet on horse races. The Buckeye State has eight racetracks with an abundance of offtrack sites to place wagers in the state. Bovada, BetOnline, and XBet have thorough horse racing glossaries and detailed tracks. BetOnline has a 9% daily horse rebate and a $25 risk-free bet for your first live bet.
We highlight Ohio’s racetracks.
- Beulah Park
- River Downs
- Delaware Ohio Fair, Little Brown Jug Harness Racing
- Lebanon Raceway
- Northfield Park Racetrack Harness Horse Track
- Raceway Park
- SCIOTO DOWNS
Put Together the Winning Daily Fantasy Sports Lineup
Daily Fantasy Sports has been legal in Ohio since 2016. Ohioans are free to choose premier fantasy sports companies to gamble on dream lineups and match ups. We highlight them for you.
- Money Knife Fight
Live Betting with Ohio Sports Betting Sites
Even when the first state retailers and sportsbooks apps open in 2023, Ohioans can place live bets with our listed partners. Depending on your preferred sport, you might choose certain sportsbooks to place live bets. We’re high on BetOnline as the most comprehensive site for live bets. They also offer risk-free bets for horse racing and team sports.
Bets that are Illegal in Ohio
Ohioans can already gamble on the horses and fantasy sports. When Ohio’s mobile sports operators and state retailers begin accepting sports bets in 2023, Ohioans will be able to bet on professional sports and college teams.
How Ohio Sports Betting Ranks Against its Neighbors
As Buckeye State residents count down to 2023, they can travel to many of its neighboring states to place sports wagers. Michigan sportsbooks have been legal since 2021, and they permit full sports betting. Pennsylvania borders Ohio to the East. Ohioans have full access to Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks to gamble on their favorite teams.
Buckeye State residents also have the option to venture to nearby Indiana where Indiana sportsbooks accept sports bets except for high school teams. Depending on where you live in Ohio, you can use West Virginia sportsbooks for the winning action.
And even though there was tremendous promise and hope for sports betting in Kentucky, there won’t be any Kentucky sportsbooks this year. The state legislature closed for the year on April 14th, without passing a sports betting bill.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Ohio
2023 is the earliest that Ohio Casinos can accept sports bets. Bill HB 29 allows for 25 retail sportsbook licences. Here are some of the casinos that might offer sports betting next year.
- Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati Cincinnati (land-based casino; Hamilton, OH)
- Hollywood Casino Columbus Columbus (land-based casino; Franklin, OH)
- Hollywood Casino Toledo (land-based casino; Toledo, OH)
- Jack Cleveland Casino (land-based casino; Cleveland, OH)
- Belterra Park Cincinnati (racino; Anderson, OH)
- Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs (racino; Columbus, OH)
- Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway (racino; Dayton, OH)
- Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course (racino; Austintown, OH)
- Jack Thistledown Racino (racino; North Randall, OH)
- MGM Northfield Park (racino; Northfield, OH)
- Miami Valley Gaming (racino; Turtlecreek, OH)
More on Ohio Gambling
Ohio already permits horse racing bets, poker, and Daily Fantasy Sports. We highlight the key Ohio gambling sectors.
Best Online Sportsbook for Ohio
Sports betting in Ohio became legal in 2021, but it won’t accept sports bets until January 2023. Ohioans can still place horse racing wagers at sanctioned race tracks in the state. You can also register an account with BetOnline today. BetOnline is our number one Sportsbook choice in Ohio, including the $1,000 sports welcome bonus.
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
Sports Betting Ohio FAQs
Is online sports betting legal in Ohio?
When is Ohio going to have sports betting?
What betting is legal in Ohio?
Where can I place bets in Ohio?
Why don’t the Ohio gaming tribes have sports betting?
When will sports betting be legal in Ohio?
- Grizzlies’ Ja Morant drinks tequila shots with couple at Icebox jewelry store
- Bulls rookie Justin Lewis suffers ACL injury, could miss 2022-23 season
- Pistons’ Kelly Olynyk marries longtime girlfriend Jackie McNulty
- Heat guard Victor Oladipo: “I’m one of the best players in the world”
- Chris Paul on high school dating life: “My girlfriend was my basketball”