The Basketball Insiders team has searched far and wide to locate the best high-limit sportsbooks available to US residents. We’ve favored sportsbooks with the highest deposit limits, the largest welcome bonuses, and the best limits per wager – all critical factors for a high roller.
The team then ranked the best high limit betting sites; reviewed the top five in more detail, and explained more about the process of high limit betting in general, offering tips and advice for any reader who’s new to the concept.
The Best High Limit Sportsbooks Ranked
The Best High Limit Sportsbooks List 2021
If you’re in a rush to get started, here are the best high limit sportsbooks according to our research:
- MyBookie – Overall best high limit betting site
- Bovada – Top sportsbook boasting a large Bitcoin bonus
- BetOnline – Highest Bitcoin deposit limits
- Sportsbetting.ag – Wide range of payment methods
- Intertops – Popular sportsbook no-limit deposits
- BetUS – Best high stakes bonus offer
- GTBets – Best high limit sportsbook for cashback
- Twinspires – Top sportsbook for horse racing & prop bets
- XBet – Huge range of betting markets; fast payouts
- BUSR – High limit sports with fast payouts
Top High Limit Betting Sites Reviewed
Let’s now examine the strengths and weaknesses of the top five high-limit sportsbooks. We’ll focus on each bookie’s range of sports, markets, deposit methods, and supported payment options.
1. MyBookie – Best High Limit Sportsbook for Crypto Deposits
Like other high limit sportsbooks on our list, MyBookie keeps abreast of all the significant markets for football, hockey, baseball, MMA, boxing, soccer, and over a dozen other traditional sporting disciplines. What’s more, basketball fans will be happy to hear that the bookmaker offers odds on leagues from several countries, including the Philippines, New Zealand, South Africa, and, of course, the US.
ESports selection is the bookie’s heel of Achilles, as there’s currently nothing beyond League of Legends. Still, we must admit that the bookmaker’s coverage for League of Legends betting is exceptional, with options available on Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, UK, Italian, Balkan, and US leagues – and this isn’t even an exhaustive list.
The $500 My Bookie promo code is towards the lower end, but the sportsbook compensates for this shortcoming by offering a $10,000 limit per Bitcoin transaction, making it one of the best high stakes betting sites for crypto. MyBookie also offers a high limit payout on parlays of $100,000.
- Deep penetration of basketball markets
- Excellent League of Legends coverage
- High Bitcoin transaction limits
- Several US states are excluded
- Poor eSports game variety
2. Bovada – A High Limit Betting Site with Deep Markets
Bovada was launched in 2011 by Calvin Ayre when he realized that Americans needed a custom-tailored sports betting service. Since then, the company has grown into an international sports-betting behemoth, serving customers from all corners of the world.
This sportsbook includes odds on all of America’s favorite sports, including football, basketball, and baseball betting to name only some of the 20+ available disciplines. The mix of betting markets is equally impressive, with options available on major US leagues and exotic international competitions. Variety is the name of the game here.
The maximum single-wager payout at the Bovada Sportsbook is $100,000 and $50,000 at the Racebook. No single-wager payout will ever exceed these amounts. As for deposit limits, Bovada lets you transfer up to $5,000 into your account with a single transaction, reducing the hassle associated with making frequent deposits. The sportsbook also offers a matched-deposit welcome bonus worth up to $750 when you sign up using the Bovada bonus code, so there’s plenty of money to go around for high rollers.
- Up to $100,000 single-payout limit at the sportsbook
- $50,000 payout limit at racebook
- Extensive variety of traditional sports
- 10 years on the market
- A high limit betting site with timely payouts
- Odds on some markets are a bit sharp
3. BetUS – Deepest Prop Betting Market Among High Limit Sportsbooks
BetUS is a Costa Rica-based sportsbook with roots dating back to the mid-1994, making it one of the oldest online bookmakers that cater to US-based players.
The Bitcoin betting site offers a good mix of markets on all the major sports. Whether you prefer MMA, NASCAR betting, football, basketball, tennis, or hockey, you’ll find it all at BetUS. What’s more, the company is constantly expanding its portfolio, so it pays to check its offering regularly.
As for payments, BetUS offers a whopping $50,000 deposit limit, which applies to cryptocurrency transactions. Of course, you can also deposit using credit cards and bank wires, in which cases expect a lower deposit limit. Importantly, high-rollers can claim a total of $2,500 using the relevant BetUS promo codes – the most out of our top-five high limit sportsbooks.
- Enormous welcome bonus
- Very high deposit limit
- player-to-player transfers
- Good eSports coverage
- Some U.S. jurisdictions aren’t supported
- Stringent bonus wagering requirement
4. Intertops – No Cap on Deposits at this High Limit Sportsbook
Launched in 1996, Intertops is one of the oldest US-friendly online sportsbooks, so you can feel confident that they’ll keep your money safe. The company is headquartered in Antigua and holds a betting license issued by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
You’ll find that all the most popular sports are well represented at Intertops. Basketball, UFC, golf, ice hockey, American football, and other regional favorites are available, and the market coverage within each discipline is deep.
Where Intertops truly shines is in their deposit limit, or rather – in their no-limit deposits. That’s right: the sportsbook allows players to deposit unlimited amounts of money through a bank transfer with a single transaction. This is excellent news for high-rollers and makes it easier to accept the more modest Intertops bonus codes on offer since Intertops is one of the best high limit sportsbooks.
- Unlimited deposits
- KGC license
- Most experienced of the high limit betting sites: 25 years in the business
- Great mobile application
- Poor welcome bonus
- Mediocre e-sports coverage
5. BetOnline – High Limit Sportsbook; No Limit on Bitcoin Deposits
Headquartered in Panama City, Panama, BetOnline was launched in 2001 and is one of the largest operators that accept action from customers located within the United States.
As you’d expect from one of the top high stakes betting sites, BetOnline thoroughly covers all the most popular sports in the US. Basketball, soccer, MMA, football, darts, baseball, hockey – you name it, BetOnline probably features it. The bookie’s basketball market selection is particularly striking and includes options on the INTL, NBA futures, NBA drafts, NCAA, men’s and women’s Olympics competitions, and numerous minor events.
When it comes to deposits, BetOnline is easily one of the top high limit sportsbooks. If you’re willing to use Bitcoin, you can top up your account with up to $500,000 in a single transaction, and you’ll receive a $1,000 welcome bonus to boot if you sign up using one of the many BetOnline bonus codes available.
- Very high Bitcoin deposit limit
- Generous welcome bonus
- Best overall odds among high limit sportsbooks
- Fantastic eSports coverage
- Paysafecard and EcoPayz payments
- Newly updated website can be sluggish
Top High Stakes Sportsbooks Comparison
Let’s see how the best online sportsbooks with high stakes compare on bonuses and limits:
|Bonus Offer||Max Deposit||Payment methods|
|Bovada||75% Bitcoin deposit match up to $750||$5,000||Credit cards, crypto, bank transfer, Matchpay|
|Intertops||50% sportsbook deposit match up to $1,250||No limit||Bitcoin, credit cards, bank wire, Paysafecard, EcoPayz|
|BetUS||50% deposit match up to $200 |
100% deposit match up to $100
200% deposit match up to $50
|$5,000||Credit Card, Cash Transfer, Crypto, Bank Wire|
|MyBookie||50% deposit match up to $1,000 |
25% reload bonus up to $250
|$10,000||Cryptos, credit cards|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000 |
25% reload bonus up to $500
|$500,000||Cryptos, credit cards, bank transfer, check|
|Twinspires||100% deposit match up to $200||$500||Bitcoin, credit cards, bank wire, checks|
|GTBets||50% deposit match up to $1,000 |
25% reload bonus up to $250
|$10,000||Cryptos, credit cards, gift cards, quick cash, MoneyGram|
|SportsBetting.ag||50% deposit match up to $1,000||No limit||Cryptos, credit cards, bank wire, money order, check, ecoPayz, Skrill|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||$2,500||Credit & Debit cards, bitcoin, eCheck, Zelle, Moneygram,|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||$1,000||Bitcoin, credit cards, MoneyGram, bank wire,|
What are High Limit Sportsbooks?
There are several takes on what constitutes a “high limit” sportsbook. Generally, the “high limit” label is attached to offshore betting sites that cater to players who:
- Expect higher deposit limits than the standard $1,000-$2,000 offered by most high limit betting sites. We feel that any bookmaker featuring a deposit limit of $5,000 or more qualifies as a “high deposit limit” sportsbook.
- Require a generous welcome bonus that will allow them to extract maximum value out of their deposit. The top high stakes betting sites, such as BetUS, offer welcome packages worth $2,000 or more.
- Want to stake a lot of money on a single outcome. High stakes sportsbooks allow you to wager several thousand dollars on minor events and tens of thousands of dollars on major ones. Unfortunately, the only way to determine the wager limit on a particular selection is to enter your desired stake into the bet slip; the betting app will prompt you to reduce your wager if you exceeded the limit.
We’d be remiss if we failed to point out that most sportsbooks cap the maximum payout per single wager. This limit usually hovers around the $100,000 mark, but it varies by sport and league. In particular, less popular sports and obscure markets that are difficult for oddsmakers to handicap tend to be associated with lower limits per wager.
Benefits of using High Limit Sportsbooks
- Fewer transactions: add thousands of dollars to your bankroll with a single payment.
- Higher profits from successful bets: because high stakes betting sites allow you to risk more on a single outcome, you can win more money if your handicapping skills are sharp.
- VIP treatment: high stakes sportsbooks work extra-hard to keep their customers happy. As a high roller, you can expect to receive invitations to special events, increased deposit limits, exclusive bonuses, and access to the best loyalty schemes.
High Stakes Betting VIP Rewards
In a bid to keep bettors active and happy, some bookmakers offer VIP loyalty schemes, also known as VIP programs or recurring player programs, which enable committed bettors to improve their return-on-investment. VIP schemes usually work like this:
- You climb up the VIP tier ladder by placing wagers. The more you bet, the higher your rank
- You receive rewards, including insurance, cashback, unique deposit bonuses, and exclusive invitations to live sports events
- Your rewards scale with your tier; the higher your rank, the better your rewards
Importantly, if you’re a high-stakes bettor coming to a new sportsbook with a massive first-time deposit, you can negotiate immediate placement in the top tier of the bookie’s VIP scheme.
Payments at High Limit Sportsbooks
Deposit limits vary by payment method. The highest limits are usually available for cryptocurrency transactions and bank transfers. For example, BetOnline accepts the largest deposits ($500,000) through Bitcoin, while Intertops and Sportsbetting.ag feature no-limit bank transfers.
If you prefer prepaid vouchers or credit card payments, you’ll be limited to $1,000 to $2,000 per transaction.
Tips for High Stakes Betting
Look for lucrative VIP schemes at high limit sportsbooks
A lucrative VIP program will improve your bottom line by offsetting some of your losses and boosting your winnings on certain events.
High-volume bettors can sometimes negotiate special deals and extra discounts, so if you feel that you qualify, contact your sportsbook and ask if they have anything in stock for you.
Manage your risk
With larger bets comes the potential for higher losses. If you’re planning to deposit thousands of dollars, proper bankroll management and risk mitigation are of paramount importance; you can’t depend on luck and must adopt a sound bankroll management strategy – and then stick to it.
As you place more wagers and begin to specialize, you may need to adjust your strategy to reconcile it with your new betting style. Also, try to remain consistent with your bet sizing and avoid jumping onto the media-driven hype train – a single emotional bet can wipe out a week’s worth of profits.
Call before you make a sizeable deposit
If you intend to deposit tens of thousands of dollars, we recommend that you contact your sportsbook beforehand and let them know to expect your money. This warning will help you establish a relationship with your sportsbook and communicate your dedication to their betting platform. You can also use this opportunity to inquire about special welcome bonuses; you’d be surprised how far some bookies are willing to go to satisfy high-rollers!
Ask about higher limits
If your bookie’s deposit limit seems low, contact their support team and ask them to raise the cap.
Sign up with several high limit betting sites
Please remember the basics while researching sportsbooks with the highest limits: it pays to sign up with several sportsbooks and compare odds before placing wagers. This practice is essential, considering you intend to place large bets.
Whether you’re an experienced gambler looking to maximize your profits, or an affluent amateur bettor craving the excitement of outrageous bets, a high-limit sportsbook is where the action is.
If either of the above descriptions applies to you, sign up with one of the top high-stakes sportsbooks right now to experience the thrill of four- and five-digit betting.
As for our personal favorite, we would have to suggest MyBookie: the huge $10,000 crypto deposit limit is perfect for those who enjoy high stakes betting, and the $100,000 parlay payout cap definitely piqued our team’s collective interest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which bookies take large bets?
Do sportsbooks have large limits?
Can bookies ban you for winning too much?
Can bookies refuse to pay out?
Why do bookies impose betting limits?
NBA Team Salaries
- Jeffrey Jordan allegedly assaulted hospital workers after falling
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds