|Marvin Williams (waived)||$14,049,901|
|Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (waived)||$12,189,237|
|Joe Chealey (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Joe Chealey (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Ray Spalding (two-way)|
|Kobi Simmons (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the Terry Rozier sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Devonte’ Graham, Kobi Simmons (two-way)
SG: Terry Rozier, Dwayne Bacon, Caleb Martin, Malik Monk (suspended)
SF: Miles Bridges, Cody Martin, Nicolas Batum
PF: PJ Washington, Guillermo Hernangomez, Jalen McDaniels, Ray Spalding (two-way)
C: Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,288,070 (Cory Martin, Caleb Martin, Jalen McDaniels)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Tony Parker, Thomas Welsh, Josh Perkins, Joe Chealey, Ahmed Hill (two-way), Robert Franks (two-way), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams
Traded Players: Kemba Walker (sign and trade)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Joe Chealey (two)
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons, Ray Spalding (two years)
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell, Nick Friedman (player development coach), Jordan Surenkamp (head video coordinator), Garrius Adams (assistant video coordinator)
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning), Lauren McGuigan (director of sports science)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham), may convey to the Brooklyn Nets.
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 million max): $0
- 4/16/19 — Bismack Biyombo opted into his $17,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 12th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/11/19 — Marvin Williams opted into his $15,006,250 2019-20 salary.
- 6/19/19 — Michael-Kidd Gilchrist opted into his $13,000,000 2019-20 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted PJ Washington (12th), Cody Martin (36th) and Jalen McDaniels (52nd).
- 6/28/19 — Guillermo Hernangomez’ $1,676,735 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to Frank Kaminsky.
- 7/3/19 – Signed PJ Washington (2019-12th) to a $17,878,995 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/19 — Waived Tony Parker.
- 7/6/19 — Sent Kemba Walker via sign and trade and a 2020 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Terry Rozier, also via sign and trade on a four-year $56,700,000 contract.
- 7/8/19 — Dwight Howard trade exception ($7,819,725) expires.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Robert Franks to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Cody Martin (2019-36th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,473,912 contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Caleb Martin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/1/19 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Josh Perkins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Joe Chealey to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/9/19 — Signed Thomas Welsh to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/19 — Signed Ahmed Hill to a two-way contract.
- 9/16/19 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh.
- 10/10/19 — Signed Jalen McDaniels (2019-52nd) to non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/19 — Waived Joe Chealey and Josh Perkins.
- 10/19/19 — Ended the two-way contract of Ahmed Hill.
- 10/19/19 — Converted Caleb Martin to a two-way contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Caleb Martin to a non/partially-guaranteed ($500,000) three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 10/19/19 — Converted Jalen McDaniels to a two-way contract.
- 10/20/19 — Signed Jalen McDaniels to a non/partially-guaranteed ($450,000) four-year $6,129,593 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 10/20/19 — Converted Kobi Simmons to a two-way contract.
- 10/25/19 — Picked up Malik Monk’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/25/19 — Picked up Miles Bridges’ third-year rookie-scale option.
- 1/10/20 — Caleb Martin and Jalen McDaniels’ $898,310 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — Waived Robert Franks (two-way).
- 1/15/20 — Signed Ray Spalding to a two-year two-way contract.
- 2/8/20 — Waived Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams.
- 2/21/20 — Signed Joe Chealey to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 3/1/20 — Joe Chealey’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/3/20 — Signed Joe Chealey to a second 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 6/23/20 — Joe Chealey’s 10-day contract expired.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Shelvin Mack ($1,620,564), Brian Roberts ($1,620,564), Marcus Paige (two-way)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Arena: Spectrum Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/20)