Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $50.4 million.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kris Dunn, Cameron Payne, Ryan Arcidiacono, Derrick Walton Jr.
SG: Zach LaVine, Justin Holiday, Chandler Hutchison, Antonio Blakeney, Antonius Cleveland, Rawle Alkins (two-way)
SF: Jabari Parker, Denzel Valentine, JaKarr Sampson
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Bobby Portis, Kaiser Gates
C: Robin Lopez, Wendell Carter Jr., Cristiano Felicio, Omer Asik
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- JaKarr Sampson $1,567,007
- Antonius Cleveland — $1,378,242
- Ryan Arcidiacono — $1,349,383 ($50,000 guaranteed)
- Derrick Walton Jr. — $1,349,383
- Kaiser Gates $838,464
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Waived Players: Sean Kilpatrick, Paul Zipser, Julyan Stone
Traded Players: Jerian Grant
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Zach LaVine (7/8/19 — cannot be traded to Sacramento Kings until then), Ryan Arcidiacono (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Rawle Alkins
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Jim Boylen (associate head coach), Randy Brown, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers, Nate Loenser
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- John Paxson — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jose Calderon, Isaac Bonga).
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Cameron Payne and Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen.
- 11/16/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Antonius Cleveland.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Derrick Walton Jr., Ryan Arcidiacono, Antonio Blakeney and Jabari Parker.
- 12/17/18 — No-trade restrictions lifts on JaKarr Sampson and Kaiser Gates.
- 1/10/19 — JaKarr Sampson’s $1,567,007 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Antonius Cleveland’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Derrick Walton Jr. and Ryan Arcidiacono’s $1,349,383 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Kaiser Gates’ $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Zach LaVine.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bobby Portis, Ryan Arcidiacono, Derrick Walton Jr., Antonius Cleveland and Cameron Payne
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jabari Parker.
- 7/8/19 — Zach LaVine’s implicit no-trade expires.
- 7/7/19 — Jerian Grant trade exception expires.
- 7/18/19 — Paul Zipser’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Lauri Markkanen, Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Kris Dunn.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kris Dunn and Antonio Blakeney.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Lauri Markkanen
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Lauri Markkanen.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Wendell Carter Jr. (7th) and Chandler Hutchison (22nd)
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Zach LaVine, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/3/18 — Wendell Carter Jr. (2018-7th) to a $22,011,467 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/18 — Chandler Hutchison (2018-22nd) to a $10,786,789 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/18 — Traded Jerian Grant to Orlando Magic for Julyan Stone from Chicago Bulls.
- 7/8/18 — Matched the Sacramento Kings’ offer sheet to Zach LaVine on a four-year $78 million contract.
- 7/12/18 — Revoked qualifying offers to David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Noah Vonleh, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Signed Jabari Parker to a two-year $40 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/20/18 — Re-signed Antonio Blakeney (ending his two-way) to a two-year $4,922,903 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Claimed Antonius Cleveland off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/25/18 — Signed Rawle Alkins to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Re-signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum contract.
- 8/14/18 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Kaiser Gates to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Arena: United Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/21/18)