Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $47.4 million.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ryan Arcidiacono, Shaquille Harrison, Cameron Payne, Tyler Ulis (two-way), Kris Dunn (injured)
SG: Zach LaVine, Antonio Blakeney, Rawle Alkins (two-way), Denzel Valentine (injured)
SF: Justin Holiday, Chandler Hutchison
PF: Jabari Parker, Lauri Markkanen (injured), Bobby Portis (injured)
C: Wendell Carter Jr., Robin Lopez, Cristiano Felicio
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Ryan Arcidiacono — $1,349,383 ($50,000 guaranteed)
- Shaquille Harrison – $1,311,265 ($250,000 guaranteed)
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Waived Players: Sean Kilpatrick, Paul Zipser, Julyan Stone, Derrick Walton Jr., Antonius Cleveland, Kaiser Gates, JaKarr Sampson, Omer Asik
Traded Players: Jerian Grant
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Zach LaVine (7/8/19 — cannot be traded to Sacramento Kings until then), Ryan Arcidiacono (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Rawle Alkins, Tyler Ulis
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Jim Boylen (associate head coach), Randy Brown, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers, Nate Loenser
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- John Paxson — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jose Calderon, Isaac Bonga).
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Ryan Arcidiacono, Antonio Blakeney and Jabari Parker.
- 1/10/19 — Ryan Arcidiacono’s $1,349,383 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,311,265 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Zach LaVine.
- 1/21/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shaquille Harrison.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bobby Portis, Ryan Arcidiacono and Cameron Payne
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jabari Parker.
- 7/7/19 — Jerian Grant trade exception expires.
- 7/8/19 — Zach LaVine’s implicit no-trade expires.
- 7/18/19 — Paul Zipser’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 8/15/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Lauri Markkanen, Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Kris Dunn.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kris Dunn, Shaquille Harrison and Antonio Blakeney.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Lauri Markkanen
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Lauri Markkanen.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Wendell Carter Jr. (7th) and Chandler Hutchison (22nd)
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Zach LaVine, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/3/18 — Wendell Carter Jr. (2018-7th) to a $22,011,467 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/18 — Chandler Hutchison (2018-22nd) to a $10,786,789 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/18 — Traded Jerian Grant to Orlando Magic for Julyan Stone from Chicago Bulls.
- 7/8/18 — Matched the Sacramento Kings’ offer sheet to Zach LaVine on a four-year $78 million contract.
- 7/12/18 — Revoked qualifying offers to David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Noah Vonleh, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Signed Jabari Parker to a two-year $40 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/20/18 — Re-signed Antonio Blakeney (ending his two-way) to a two-year $4,922,903 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Claimed Antonius Cleveland off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/25/18 — Signed Rawle Alkins to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Re-signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum contract.
- 8/14/18 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Kaiser Gates to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/14/18 — Claimed Tyler Ulis off waivers (Chicago Bulls).
- 10/15/18 — Converted Tyler Ulis to a two-way contract.
- 10/21/18 — Signed Shaquille Harrison to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,899,496 minimum contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up team options on Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn and Denzel Valentine.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Arena: United Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/13/18)