Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $19.1 million.
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Kris Dunn, Shaquille Harrison, Walter Lemon Jr.
SG: Zach LaVine, Antonio Blakeney, Denzel Valentine
SF: Otto Porter, Chandler Hutchison
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Cristiano Felicio
C: Wendell Carter Jr.
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Justin Holiday, expiring 1/3/20) — $1,183,573
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Robin Lopez ($21,536,25), Wayne Selden (RFA*, $1,931,189)
- Early Bird: Ryan Arcidiacono (RFA*, $1,818,486)
- Declined First: Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot ($2,529,684)
- Non-Bird: Brandon Sampson (two-way), Rawle Alkins (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Shaquille Harrison $1,588,231
- Walter Lemon Jr. $1,588,231
2019 Draft Picks: 4th*, 37th/38th/39th* (from the Memphis Grizzlies); Own 34th to the Philadelphia 76ers
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Jim Boylen
Assistants: Peter Myers, Nate Loenser, Shawn Respert, Dean Cooper, Karen Stack Umlauf
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- John Paxson — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Justin Holiday), may go to the Houston Rockets (56-60 range, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot)
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder (top-36 protected) to the Washington Wizards (Otto Porter).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,065,966 from the Houston Rockets (Michael Carter-Williams), $1,566,570 from the Houston Rockets (Carmelo Anthony), $2,610,464 from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot) — $0 remaining
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wayne Selden and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 6/29/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Walter Lemon Jr.
- 7/7/19 — Jerian Grant trade exception expires.
- 7/8/19 — Zach LaVine’s implicit no-trade expires.
- 8/15/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Lauri Markkanen, Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Kris Dunn.
- 1/3/20 — Justin Holiday trade exception expires.
- 1/10/20 — Walter Lemon Jr.’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kris Dunn, Walter Lemon Jr., Shaquille Harrison and Antonio Blakeney.
- 6/30/20 — Otto Porter’s player option.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Lauri Markkanen
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Lauri Markkanen.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: United Center
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Zach LaVine (7/8/19 — cannot be traded to Sacramento Kings until then)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)