Chicago Bulls Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap, above the luxury-tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$21.4 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $1,126,000 (Aaron Brooks)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Derrick Rose, Aaron Brooks, Kirk Hinrich
SG: Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell, E’Twaun Moore
SF: Jimmy Butler, Doug McDermott
PF: Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Taj Gibson, Bobby Portis, Cameron Bairstow
C: Joakim Noah, Cristiano Felicio
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Doug McDermott (third-year), Tony Snell (fourth-year)
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Team options for Doug McDermott and Tony Snell.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Aaron Brooks and Cristiano Felicio.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/25/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Bobby Portis with the 22nd pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Kirk Hinrich opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered Jimmy Butler a qualifying offer and a maximum qualifying offer.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Bobby Portis to a $6.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Jimmy Butler to a five-year, $87.8 million contract, final season a player option.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Cristiano Felicio to a two-year, $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract.
- 7/14/15 — Re-signed Mike Dunleavy to a three-year, $14.5 million contract, final season partially guaranteed ($1.7 million).
- 7/14/14 — Re-signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2.3 million minimum contract.
No-Trade: Aaron Brooks
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Randy Brown, Charlie Henry, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka
- Gar Forman — General Manager
- Randy Brown — Assistant General Manager
- Brian Hagen — Assistant General Manager
- John Paxson — Director of Basketball Operations
- Jay Hillock — Director of Pro Personnel
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017, converts to 2017 second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Luol Deng, 2013 31st pick).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Blazers and Chicago pick) to Orlando Magic (Anthony Randolph).
- Bird: Nazr Mohammed
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Derek Rose — 15%
Paul Gasol — 15%
Nikola Mirotic — 15%
Kirk Hinrich — 15%
Jimmy Butler — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Carlos Boozer.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
- Nazr Mohammed — $947,276 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/3/15)