Chicago Bulls Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap, above the luxury-tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$23.4 million
- Trade Exception (Kirk Hinrich, expiring 2/18/17) — $2,854,940
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one player option
Draft Picks: 14th, 48th
- Bird: Joakim Noah
- Early Bird: Aaron Brooks, E’Twaun Moore
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Cameron Bairstow ($980,431), Cristiano Felicio ($874,636)
Options: Pau Gasol ($7,769,520 — player)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Jimmy Butler, Justin Holiday, Tony Snell
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott
PF: Taj Gibson, Bobby Portis, Nikola Mirotic, Cameron Bairstow
C: Pau Gasol, Cristiano Felicio
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Doug McDermott ($3,294,994), Bobby Portis ($1,516,320)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Tony Snell
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/16 — Player option for Pau Gasol.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/25/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Doug McDermott and Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Tony Snell.
- 1/10/17 — Cristiano Felicio’s $875k guaranteed for 116/17.
- 2/18/17 — Kirk Hinrich $2.9 mil TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell, Cameron Bairstow and Cristiano Felicio.
- 7/1/17 — Mike Dunleavy’s $5.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Bobby Portis.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Jimmy Butler.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bobby Portis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Randy Brown, Charlie Henry, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka
- Gar Forman — General Manager
- Randy Brown — Assistant General Manager
- Brian Hagen — Assistant General Manager
- John Paxson — Director of Basketball Operations
- Jay Hillock — Director of Pro Personnel
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017, converts to 2017 second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Derek Rose — 15%
Paul Gasol — 15%
Nikola Mirotic — 15%
Jimmy Butler — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Carlos Boozer.
D-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)