Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $13.4-$56.0 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Deron Williams, J.J. Barea
SG: Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, John Jenkins
SF: Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Evans, Justin Anderson
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Powell, Charlie Villanueva
C: Zaza Pachulia, Salah Mejri, JaVale McGee (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Wesley Matthews, Deron Williams, J.J. Barea, Jeremy Evans, John Jenkins, Charlie Villanueva, JaVale McGee and Salah Mejri.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — JaVale McGee’s $1.3 million salary guarantees for 15/16.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/11/16 — John Jenkins’ $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — JaVale McGee’s $1.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Salah Mejri’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/11/17 — John Jenkins’ $1.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4.4 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Raymond Felton opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Al-Farouq Aminu opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Monta Ellis opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Justin Anderson with the 21st pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Satnam Singh with the 52nd pick in the draft.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Rajon Rondo.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Wesley Matthews to a four-year, $70.1 million contract, final year player option.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a top-55 protected 2018 second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks for Zaza Pachulia.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Deron Williams to a two-year, $11 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/15/15 — Removed Petteri Koponen from the team’s salary cap. Koponen is not eligible to join NBA until July 2016.
- 7/15/15 — Re-signed J.J Barea to a four-year, $16.0 million contract.
- 7/23/15 — Renounced the rights to Richard Jefferson.
- 7/23/15 — Signed John Jenkins to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3.2 million contract, first season fully guaranteed.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Jarrid Famous to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($10k) $2.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Maurice N’dour to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.4 million contract, first season fully guaranteed.
- 7/24/15 — Renounced the rights to Greg Smith.
- 7/27/15 — Renounced the rights to Bernard James.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Brandon Ashley to a three-year, non/partially-guaranteed $2.4 million minimum contract, first season $50k guaranteed.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Jamil Wilson to a three-year, non/partially-guaranteed $2.4 million contract, first season $50k guaranteed.
- 7/30/15 — Signed Salah Mejri to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.4 million minimum contract, first season fully guaranteed.
- 7/31/15 — Signed Jeremy Evans to a two-year, $2.3 million minimum deal.
- 7/31/15 — Signed Justin Anderson (2015-21st) to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/31/15 — Signed Samuel Dalembert to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 8/5/15 — Signed Charlie Villanueva to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 8/13/15 — Signed JaVale McGee to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($250k initially) $2.7 million contract.
- 9/29/15 — Guaranteed JaVale McGee’s salary for $500k for 15/16.
- 10/22/15 — Signed Tu Holloway to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/27/15 — JaVale McGee’s salary guaranteed for $750k for 15/16.
- 10/28/15 — Dwight Powell’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki, Charlie Villanueva
Waived Players: Jarrid Famous, Samuel Dalembert, Jamil Wilson, Brandon Ashley, Tu Holloway, Maurice N’dour
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — Owner
- Donn Nelson — President of Basketball Operations/General Manager
- Keith Grant — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Kristy Laue — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected through 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo) — More favorable between Dallas and Memphis pick goes to Boston.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Chandler Parsons — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brendan Haywood.
D-League Affiliate: Texas Legends
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)