Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Estimated Contracts: Dirk Nowitzki
Note: Estimated contracts are based on reports, with a standard, increasing schedule — they are ONLY estimates.
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): TBD
- Room Exception: $0 (Seth Curry)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
- Bird: Dirk Nowitzki ($12,500,001 cap hold, re-signing)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Dorian Finney-Smith ($543,471 — $100,000 guaranteed), Nicolas Brussino ($543,471 — $100,000 guaranteed)
PG: Deron Williams, J.J. Barea, Seth Curry, Jonathan Gibson
SG: Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris
SF: Harrison Barnes, Justin Anderson, Dorian Finney-Smith, Nicolas Brussino
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Powell, Quincy Acy
C: Andrew Bogut, Salah Mejri, A.J. Hammons
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Justin Anderson ($1,579,440)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
Eligible for Restructuring: Andrew Bogut (as of 10/25/16)
- 8/7/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on A.J. Hammons.
- 10/20/16 — Nicolas Brussino’s $905,249 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 10/25/16 — Andrew Bogut’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- Opening night — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $150,000 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 12/5/16 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $200,000 for 2016/17.
- 12/15/16 — Trade restriction lifts on Harrison Barnes, Dorian Finney-Smith, Deron Williams, Quincy Acy, Nicolas Brussino, Jonathan Gibson and Dwight Powell.
- 1/10/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016/17.
- Last day of moratorium — Quincy Acy’s $1,178,992 guarantees for 2017/18.
- Last day of moratorium — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $100,000 for 2017/18.
- Last day of moratorium — Nicolas Brussino’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- Last day of moratorium — Jonathan Gibson’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017/18.
- Opening night — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $150,000 for 2017/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 12/5/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $200,000 for 2016/17.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4.4 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 24 hours prior to NBA draft, no later than 6/29/18 — Wesley Matthews’ player option.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Salah Mejri.
- Last day of moratorium — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018/19.
- Last day of moratorium — Nicolas Brussino’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018/19.
- Last day of moratorium — Jonathan Gibson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Justin Anderson.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated deadlines for Dwight Powell and Harrison Barnes’ player options.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson, A.J. Hammons, Jonathan Gibson, Nicolas Brussino and Dorian Finney-Smith.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams and Chandler Parsons opted out of the final years on their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Dwight Powell.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeremy Evans, the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) and cash (TBD) to Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Stanko Barac (2007-39th).
- 7/6/16 — Renounced the rights to Chandler Parsons and Charlie Villanueva.
- 7/6/16 — Removed Petteri Koponen’s cap hold for the 2016/17 season.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Zaza Pachulia and David Lee.
- 7/7/16 — Traded a second-rounder (TBD) to Golden State Warriors for Andrew Bogut.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Harrison Barnes to a four-year, $94.4 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed A.J. Hammons (2016-46th) to a three-year, $2.6 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Raymond Felton.
- 7/8/16 — Re-signed Dwight Powell to a four-year, $37.3 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Re-signed Deron Williams to a one-year, $10 million contract ($1 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/8/16 — Signed Dorian Finney-Smith to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Salah Mejri’s $875k guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Nicolas Brussino to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Jonathan Gibson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Seth Curry to a two-year, $5.9 million contract.
- 7/20/16 — Signed Quincy Acy to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.2 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to re-sign Dirk Nowitzki to a two-year, $40 million contract.
Waived Players: JaVale McGee
Traded Players: Jeremy Evans
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — Owner
- Donn Nelson — President of Basketball Operations/General Manager
- Keith Grant — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Kristy Laue — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
- TBD — Owe second-rounder to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): TBD to Utah Jazz (Jeremy Evans)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Harrison Barnes — 8%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brendan Haywood.
D-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Coach Bob MacKinnon)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/21/16)