Quick: Spent over the cap but can get under by $12.6 million.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $56.8 million or $31.3 million with Kristaps Porzingis’ cap hold and Dwight Powell’s opt-in.
Roster Count: Five guaranteed, one player option, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jalen Brunson
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr., Ryan Broekhoff, Courtney Lee, Daryl Macon (two-way)
SF: Luka Doncic, Justin Jackson
PF: Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Matthews, expiring 1/31/20) — $1,233,152
- Trade Exception (Harrison Barnes, expiring 2/7/20) — $21,299,378
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Dwight Powell (PO), Kristaps Porzingis (RFA*, $17,091,162), Dirk Nowitzki ($9,500,000), J.J. Barea ($7,050,615), Dorian Finney-Smith (RFA*, $1,931,189)
- Early Bird: Trey Burke ($1,618,486), Maxi Kleber (RFA*, $1,818,486)
- Non-Bird: Devin Harris ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Ryan Broekhoff $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 37th; Own 10th to the Atlanta Hawks
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Two-Way Players: Kostas Antetokounmpo, Daryl Macon
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt, Jenny Boucek, Stephen Silas
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $50,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jonathan Motley); $2,044,951 from Houston Rockets ($500,000 conditional, Chinanu Onuaku) — $3,148,049 remaining
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 – Player option for Dwight Powell.
- 6/29/19 — Ryan Broekhoff’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kristaps Porzingis, Ryan Broekhoff, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Justin Jackson.
- 1/31/20 — Wesley Matthews trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Harrison Barnes trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Tim Hardaway’s player option.
- Before first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on Justin Jackson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Jackson.
- 6/30/21 — Jalen Brunson’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 37th pick in the draft lottery.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: American Airlines Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)