Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $38.0 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Seth Curry)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Dorian Finney-Smith ($543,471 — $100,000 guaranteed), Nicolas Brussino ($543,471 — $100,000 guaranteed), Kyle Collinsworth ($543,471 — $70,000 guaranteed), Jameel Warney ($543,471 — $20,000 guaranteed), Keith Hornsby ($543,471)
PG: Deron Williams, J.J. Barea, Seth Curry, Jonathan Gibson, Kyle Collinsworth
SG: Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris, Keith Hornsby
SF: Harrison Barnes, Justin Anderson, Dorian Finney-Smith, Nicolas Brussino
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Powell, Quincy Acy, Jameel Warney
C: Andrew Bogut, Salah Mejri, A.J. Hammons
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017-18 Rookie-Scale Options: Justin Anderson ($1,579,440)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
Eligible for Restructuring: Andrew Bogut (as of 10/25/16)
- 10/20/16 — Nicolas Brussino’s $905,249 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 10/25/16 — Andrew Bogut’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- Opening night — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $150,000 for 2016-17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 12/5/16 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $200,000 for 2016-17.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Harrison Barnes, Kyle Collinsworth, Dorian Finney-Smith, Deron Williams, Quincy Acy, Nicolas Brussino, Jonathan Gibson, Keith Hornsby, Jameel Warney and Dwight Powell.
- 1/10/17 — Kyle Collinsworth, Keith Hornsby, Jameel Warney and Dorian Finney-Smith’s $543,471 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Dirk Nowitzki.
- 6/29/17 — Estimated team option on Dirk Nowitzki.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jameel Warney and Keith Hornsby.
- Day following last day of moratorium — Quincy Acy’s $1,178,992 guarantees for 2017-18.
- Day following last day of moratorium — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $100,000 for 2017-18.
- Day following last day of moratorium — Kyle Collinsworth, Jonathan Gibson and Nicolas Brussino’s $905,249 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- Opening night — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $150,000 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 12/5/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $200,000 for 2016-17.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4.4 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 24 hours prior to NBA draft, no later than 6/29/18 — Wesley Matthews’ player option.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Salah Mejri and Kyle Collinsworth.
- Last day of moratorium — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- Last day of moratorium — Nicolas Brussino’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- Last day of moratorium — Jonathan Gibson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Justin Anderson.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated deadlines for Dwight Powell and Harrison Barnes’ player options.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson, A.J. Hammons, Jonathan Gibson, Nicolas Brussino and Dorian Finney-Smith.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams and Chandler Parsons opted out of the final years on their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Dwight Powell.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeremy Evans, the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) and $3,227,286 to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Stanko Barac (2007-39th).
- 7/6/16 — Renounced the rights to Chandler Parsons and Charlie Villanueva.
- 7/6/16 — Removed Petteri Koponen’s cap hold for the 2016-17 season.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Zaza Pachulia and David Lee.
- 7/7/16 — Traded a protected 2019 second-rounder to Golden State Warriors for Andrew Bogut.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Harrison Barnes to a four-year, $94.4 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed A.J. Hammons (2016-46th) to a three-year, $2.6 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Raymond Felton.
- 7/8/16 — Re-signed Dwight Powell to a four-year, $37.3 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Re-signed Deron Williams to a one-year, $10 million contract ($1 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/8/16 — Signed Dorian Finney-Smith to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Salah Mejri’s $875k guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Nicolas Brussino to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Jonathan Gibson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Seth Curry to a two-year, $5.9 million contract.
- 7/20/16 — Signed Quincy Acy to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.2 million contract.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/24/16 — Signed Dirk Nowitzki to a two-year, $50 million contract, team option on the final season.
- 7/27/16 — Signed Jameel Warney to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 7/27/16 — Signed Keith Hornsby to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
Waived Players: JaVale McGee
Traded Players: Jeremy Evans
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki (both explicit and implicit)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — Owner
- Donn Nelson — President of Basketball Operations/General Manager
- Keith Grant — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Kristy Laue — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $3,227,286 to Utah Jazz (Jeremy Evans)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Harrison Barnes — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brendan Haywood.
D-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Coach Bob MacKinnon)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/25/16)