Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $88.3 million.
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Dennis Smith Jr., J.J Barea, Jalen Brunson. Codi Miller-McIntyre
SG: Wesley Matthews, Luka Doncic, Devin Harris, Ryan Broekhoff, Daryl Macon (two-way)
SF: Harrison Barnes, Dorian Finney-Smith, Ding Yanyuhang
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Powell, Maxi Kleber, Ray Spalding, Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way)
C: DeAndre Jordan, Salah Mejri
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Ding Yanyuhang $838,464
- Codi Miller-McIntyre $838,464
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Waived Players: Kyle Collinsworth, Jalen Jones (two-way), Chinanu Onuaku, Terry Larrier
Traded Players: Jonathan Motley (two-way)
- Harrison Barnes — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Two-Way Players: Kostas Antetokounmpo, Daryl Macon
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt, Jenny Boucek, Stephen Silas
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-5 protected through 2020, top-3 protected through 2022, unprotected in 2023) to Atlanta Hawks.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-39 protected otherwise $500,000) from Houston Rockets (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $50,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jonathan Motley); $2,044,951 from Houston Rockets ($500,00 conditional, Chinanu Onuaku) — $3,148,049 remaining
- 8/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jalen Brunson.
- 8/19/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Ray Spalding.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Dennis Smith Jr.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Jordan, Devin Harris, Ding Yanyuhang, Dirk Nowitzki, Ryan Broekhoff, Codi Miller-McIntyre and Salah Mejri.
- 1/10/19 — Codi Miller-McIntyre and Ding Yanyuhang’s $838,464 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Deadlines for Dwight Powell and Harrison Barnes’ player options.
- 6/29/19 — Ryan Broekhoff’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ryan Broekhoff, Dorian Finney-Smith, Ding Yanyuhang, Codi Miller-McIntyre and Maxi Kleber.
- 8/1/19 — Ray Spalding’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Dennis Smith Jr.
- 7/4/20 — Ray Spalding’s salary guarantees at $831,931 for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on Dennis Smith Jr.
- Before first day of 2020-21 season — Ray Spalding’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dennis Smith Jr.
- 6/30/21 — Ray Spalding and Jalen Brunson’s $1,802,057 guarantee for 2021-22.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/30/18 — Wesley Matthews opted into his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Trae Young (5th), Jalen Brunson (33rd) and Shake Milton (54th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Trae Young (2018-5th) and a protected first-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Luka Doncic (2018-3rd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Shake Milton (2018-54th) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Ray Spalding (2018-56th) and Kostas Antetokounmpo (2018-60th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Doug McDermott, Salah Mejri and Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/27/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Doug McDermott.
- 6/28/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Salah Mejri.
- 6/30/18 — Declined the team option on the final season of Dirk Nowitzki’s contract.
- 7/6/18 — Removed Petteri Koponen (2007-30th) from the team’s 2018-19 cap, he cannot sign until July 2019.
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to Dirk Nowitzki, Salah Mejri, Aaron Harrison and Nerlens Noel.
- 7/6/18 — Signed DeAndre Jordan to a one-year, $22,897,000 contract.
- 7/9/18 — Signed Luka Doncic (2018-3rd) to a $32,467,751 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $1,544,951 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Yogi Ferrell.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Kosta Antetokounmpo (2018-60th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/15/18 — Maxi Kleber’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Jalen Brunson (2018-33rd) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $6,112,500 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Ray Spalding (2018-56th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $5,721,234 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Re-signed Dirk Nowitzki to a one-year $5 million contract.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Ding Yanyuhang to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Jonathan Motley (two-way) and the rights to Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) and $50,000.
- 7/30/18 — Signed Daryl Macon to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Signed Terry Larrier to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/1/18 — Signed Codi Miller-McIntyre to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/2/18 — Traded the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) to Houston Rockets for Chinanu Onuaku, $1,544,951 and either 2020 second-round swap rights or $500,000.
- 8/3/18 — Signed Salah Mejri to a one-year $1,567,007 minimum contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed Ryan Broekhoff to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,282,306 minimum contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Devin Harris to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: American Airlines Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/12/18)