- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
- Room: $0 (Jameer Nelson)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Gal Mekel
SG: Monta Ellis, Devin Harris, Ricky Ledo
SF: Chandler Parsons, Jae Crowder, Al-Farouq Aminu, Richard Jefferson, Eric Griffin
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Ivan Johnson
C: Tyson Chandler, Brandan Wright, Greg Smith, Bernard James
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/10/14 — Mavericks opt to keep Jae Crowder for the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/14 — Traded Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 34th and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton.
- 7/10/14 — Signed Houston Rockets restricted free agent Chandler Parsons to a three-year, $46.1 million offer sheet — unmatched by Rockets.
- 7/14/14 — Traded the rights to Tadija Dragicevic to the Chicago Bulls for Greg Smith.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Dirk Nowitzki to a three-year, $25 million contract.
- 7/16/14 — Traded DeJuan Blair (sign and trade) for the rights to Emir Preldzic.
- 7/17/14 — Removed Petteri Koponen (ineligible to sign with Mavericks until July 2015) from their salary cap.
- 7/17/14 — Signed Devin Harris to a four-year, $16.6 million contract (fourth season $1.3 million guaranteed).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Eric Griffin a three-year, non/partially-guaranteed $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Richard Jefferson to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/19/14 — Signed Rashard Lewis to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/22/14 — Rashard Lewis contract voided on apparent failed physical (knee).
- 7/24/14 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a two-year, $5.6 million contract (player option on second season).
- 7/28/14 — Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a two-year, $2.1 million contract (player option on second season).
- 7/29/14 — Signed Ivan Johnson to a two-year, $1.9 million non/partially-guaranteed contract.
- TBD — Agreed to terms with Bernard James.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
- Mark Cuban — Owner
- Donn Nelson — President of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Brendan Haywood – 2014-15, $7.748 million
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/23/14)