Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $34.7 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Dirk Nowitzki (TO, $37,500,000), Nerlens Noel (RFA, $10,961,225)
- Non-Bird: DeAndre Liggins (TO, $1,471,382), Yogi Ferrell (TO, $1,512,611)
- Devin Harris $4,402,546 ($1,339,662 guaranteed)
- Salah Mejri $1,471,382
- Jarrod Uthoff $1,312,611
- Dorian Finney-Smith $1,312,611
- Nicolas Brussino $1,312,611
2017 Draft Picks: 9th ($3,218,280 cap hold, lottery TBD); Own 39th to Philadelphia 76ers
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th, cap hold $1,394,520)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed, three team options
PG: J.J Barea
SG: Seth Curry, Devin Harris
SF: Wesley Matthews, Dorian Finney-Smith, Nicolas Brussino, Jarrod Uthoff
PF: Harrison Barnes, Dwight Powell
C: Salah Mejri, A.J. Hammons
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/7/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Liggins.
- 5/17/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on DeAndre Liggins, if taken, his salary guarantees for $26,773.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/29/17 — Team option on Dirk Nowitzki.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 7/6/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $100,000 for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Nicolas Brussino’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1,471,382 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/30/17 — Jarrod Uthoff’s salary guarantees for $200,000.
- Opening night — Jarrod Uthoff’s salary guarantees for $250,000.
- Opening night — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $150,000.
- 12/5/17 — Jarrod Uthoff’s salary guarantees for $400,000.
- 12/5/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guarantees for $200,000.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4,402,546 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — DeAndre Liggins’ $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18/
- 1/10/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith and Jarrod Uthoff’s $1,312,611 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 24 hours prior to NBA draft, no later than 6/29/18 — Wesley Matthews’ player option.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Salah Mejri, Jarrod Uthoff and Yogi Ferrell.
- Last day of moratorium — Dorian Finney-Smith and Nicolas Brussino’s $1,544,951 million guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated deadlines for Dwight Powell and Harrison Barnes’ player options.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for A.J. Hammons, Nicolas Brussino and Dorian Finney-Smith.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $3,227,286 to Utah Jazz (Jeremy Evans)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Harrison Barnes — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Coach Bob MacKinnon)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)