Dallas Mavericks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$59.2 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Five guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, three player options
Draft Picks: 46th
- Bird: Zaza Pachulia, Raymond Felton
- Early Bird: Charlie Villanueva, Dwight Powell (restricted)
- Non-Bird: David Lee
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: JaVale McGee ($1,403,611), Salah Mejri ($874,636)
Options: Chandler Parsons ($16,023,000 — player), Dirk Nowitzki ($8,692,184 — player), Deron Williams ($5,621,026 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Dwight Powell ($1,180,431)
PG: Deron Williams, J.J. Barea
SG: Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris
SF: Chandler Parsons, Justin Anderson, Jeremy Evans
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Salah Mejri, JaVale McGee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Justin Anderson ($1,579,440)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/22/16 — Player option for Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams and Chandler Parsons.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dwight Powell.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — JaVale McGee’s $1.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Salah Mejri’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Justin Anderson.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4.4 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 24 hours prior to NBA draft, no later than 6/29/18 — Wesley Matthews’ player option.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Salah Mejri.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Justin Anderson.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Justin Anderson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — Owner
- Donn Nelson — President of Basketball Operations/General Manager
- Keith Grant — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Kristy Laue — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Chandler Parsons — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brendan Haywood.
D-League Affiliate: Texas Legends
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/16)