Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the Delon Wright sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to an estimated $22.6 million, none if Tim Hardaway Jr. opts in.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Delon Wright, Seth Curry, JJ Barea, Jalen Brunson
SG: Luka Doncic, Courtney Lee, Ryan Broekhoff, Josh Reaves (two-way), Antonius Cleveland (two-way), Dakota Mathias
SF: Tim Hardaway Jr., Dorian Finney-Smith, Justin Jackson, Isaiah Roby
PF: Dwight Powell, Maxi Kleber
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Boban Marjanovic, Aric Holman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Matthews, expiring 1/31/20) — $1,233,152
- Trade Exception (Harrison Barnes, expiring 2/7/20) — $11,825,694
- Mid-Level Exception — $296,620 (Seth Curry, Isaiah Roby)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $123,000 (Boban Marjanovic)
- Dakota Mathias $898,310
- Aric Holman $898,310
Waived Players: Daryl Macon (two-way), Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way, claimed by the Los Angeles Lakers), Yudai Baba
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Two-Way Players: Josh Reaves, Antonius Cleveland
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt, Jenny Boucek, Stephen Silas
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Kyle Korver, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors or Houston Rockets (TBD).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
- 2023 — Owe the lower second-rounder (Miami HEAT or Mavericks) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Aric Holman, Boban Marjanovic, Dakota Mathias, J.J. Barea, Delon Wright and Seth Curry.
- 1/6/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Dwight Powell.
- 1/10/20 — Aric Holman and Dakota Mathias’ $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — No-trade restrictions lift on Kristaps Porzingis, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber.
- 1/31/20 — Wesley Matthews trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Harrison Barnes trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Tim Hardaway’s player option.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Ryan Broekhoff, Aric Holman and Dakota Mathias.
- Before first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on Justin Jackson.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Delon Wright.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Jackson.
- 6/30/21 — Jalen Brunson’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/3/21 — Isaiah Roby’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Luka Doncic.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Jackson.
- 6/29/22 – Team option on Isaiah Roby.
- 7/3/22 — Maxi Kleber’s $9,475,000 (incentives TBD) for 2022-23.
- 7/3/22 — Isaiah Roby’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Kristaps Porzingis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 37th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/18/19 — Dwight Powell opted into his $10,259,375 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Deividas Sirvydis (37th).
- 6/26/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Kristaps Porzingis, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber.
- 6/27/19 — Traded the rights to Deividas Sirvydis (37th) to the Detroit Pistons for the rights to Isaiah Roby (45th), a 2020 second-rounder and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 6/29/19 — Ryan Broekhoff’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Dwight Powell to a three-year $33,240,375 extension.
- 7/6/19 — Removed Petteri Koponen (2007-30th) from their salary cap.
- 7/8/19 — Traded the rights to Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), a 2021 Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder, a 2023 second-rounder (lower of the Miami HEAT and Mavericks) for Delon Wright (via sign and trade) on a three-year $30,149,000 contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/10/19 — Signed Seth Curry to a four-year $32 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Dorian Finney-Smith to a three-year $12 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Maxi Kleber to a partially-guaranteed four-year $35,900,000 contract.
- 7/12/19 — Re-signed Kristaps Porzingis to a five-year $158,253,000 contract.
- 7/21/19 — Waived Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way), claimed by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a two-year $7 million contract.
- 7/24/19 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/19 — Waived Daryl Macon (two-way).
- 7/26/19 — Signed Dakota Mathias to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/29/19 — Signed Josh Reaves to a two-way contract.
- 8/7/19 — Signed Isaiah Roby (2019-45th) to a partially-guaranteed $6,731,283 contract, team option on final season.
- 8/19/19 — Re-signed J.J. Barea to a one-year $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 8/29/19 — Claimed Aric Holman off waivers (Los Angeles Laker).
- 9/18/19 — Signed Yudai Baba to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/19 — Picked up the third-year option on Luka Doncic.
- 9/23/19 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Justin Jackson.
- 10/12/19 — Waived Yudai Baba.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Kristaps Porzingis — five percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: J.J. Barea (implicit)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Dirk Nowitzki ($9,500,000), Salah Mejri ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Devin Harris ($1,620,564)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- Second rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Arena: American Airlines Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/14/19)