|Anderson Varejao (waived)||$980,431|
|Jason Thompson (waived)||$945,126|
|Elliot Williams (waived)||$250,000|
|Briante Weber (expired 12-day contract)||$61,739|
|Briante Weber (expired 10-day contract)||$51,449|
|Cameron Jones (waived)||$50,000|
|Elgin Cook (waived)||$50,000|
|Scott Wood (waived)||$50,000|
|Phil Pressey (waived)||$35,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Zaza Pachulia)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson, Ian Clark
SF: Pat McCaw, Andre Iguodala, Matt Barnes, Kevin Durant (injured)
PF: Draymond Green, David West, James McAdoo, Kevon Looney
C: Zaza Pachulia, JaVale McGee, Damian Jones
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Damian Jones (30th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded $2.4 million to Milwaukee Bucks for rights to Pat McCaw (38th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 6/30/16 — Guaranteed Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million for 2016/17.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Ognjen Kuzmic, Festus Ezeli, Ian Clark, Jermaine O’Neal, Leandro Barbosa, Anderson Varejao and Marreese Speights.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Andrew Bogut to Dallas Mavericks for a protected 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Pat McCaw (2016-38th) to a two-year $1.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kevin Durant to a two-year, $54.3 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Clark to a one-year contract, $1 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed David West to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year, $3 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James McAdoo to a one-year, $1 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Damian Jones (2016-30th) to a $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Anderson Varejao to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 8/10/16 — Signed Elliot Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract ($250,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed JaVale McGee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,403,611 contract.
- 9/12/16 — Signed Phil Pressey to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,015,696 contract ($35,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed Cameron Jones to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed Elgin Cook to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/22/16 — Signed Scott Wood to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 10/23/16 — Picked up team option on Kevon Looney.
- 1/10/17 — JaVale McGee’s $1,403,611 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/4/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 2/14/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 12-day $61,739 contract.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Jose Calderon for the rest of the season at $392,478.
- 3/2/17 — Signed Matt Barnes for the rest of the season at $383,351.
Waived Players: Elgin Cook, Scott Wood, Elliot Williams, Cameron Jones, Phil Pressey, Anderson Varejao, Jose Calderon (claimed by Atlanta Hawks)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Briante Weber (two)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (assistant coach/player development), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Travis Schlenk — vice president of basketball/assistant general managers
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Jerry West — executive board member
- David Kelly — general counsel and vice president, basketball management and strategy
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala), may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss) or Atlanta Hawks (Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Iguodala — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)