Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped via the Malcolm Brogdon sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, T.J. McConnell, Aaron Holiday
SG: Victor Oladipo, Edmond Sumner, Naz Mitrou-Long (two-way), Jeremy Lamb (injured)
SF: T.J. Warren, Justin Holiday, Doug McDermott, JaKarr Sampson, Brian Bowen II (two-way)
PF: Domantas Sabonis, T.J. Leaf, Alize Johnson
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Justin Holiday)
Waived Players: JaKeenan Gant, Walter Lemon Jr., CJ Wilcox, Amida Brimah, Stephan Hicks
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: Brian Bowen II, Naz Mitrou-Long
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Peter Dinwiddie — senior vice president of basketball operations
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (31-44 range, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (one year following the obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2026 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1 million to the Phoenix Suns (T.J. Warren) — $4,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — T.J. McConnell’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/17/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Alize Johnson.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- Before the first day of 2020-21 season — Extension deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Aaron Holiday and Goga Bitadze (revised date TBD).
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Edmond Sumner.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Goga Bitadze.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Goga Bitadze (18th) and Jarrell Brantley (50th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Jarrell Brantley (50th) to the Utah Jazz for a 2021 second-rounder and $1,000,000.
- 6/29/19 — Declined team option and extended qualifying offer to Edmond Sumner.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Brian Bowen II to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Sign C.J. Wilcox to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 10).
- 7/1/19 — Signed JaKeenan Gant to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 10).
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Thaddeus Young, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wesley Matthews, Cory Joseph, Darren Collison, Tyreke Evans, Davon Reed and Kyle O’Quinn.
- 7/6/19 — Traded $1 million to the Phoenix Suns for T.J. Warren, with the Suns trading the rights to KZ Okpala (32nd) to the Miami HEAT and Miami sending three second-rounders to the Pacers.
- 7/6/19 — Traded a protected 2020 first-rounder and two second-rounders to the Milwaukee Bucks for Malcolm Brogdon, via sign and trade, on a four-year $85.0 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jeremy Lamb to a three-year $31.5 million contract.
- 7/15/19 — Signed Goga Bitadze (2019-18th) to a $13,638,019 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/19 — Alize Johnson’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/29/19 — Re-signed Edmond Sumner to a three-year $6,480,000, team option on final season.
- 7/29/19 — Signed T.J. McConnell to a partially-guaranteed two-year $7 million contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Naz Mitrou-Long to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Justin Holiday to a $4,767,000 contract.
- 8/2/19 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a $1,737,145 minimum contract.
- 9/3/19 — Signed Amida Brimah to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/9/19 — Waived JaKeenan Gant.
- 10/10/19 — Signed Walter Lemon Jr. to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on T.J. Leaf.
- 10/10/19 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Aaron Holiday.
- 10/16/19 — Waived Walter Lemon Jr., CJ Wilcox and Amida Brimah.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Stephan Hicks to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Stephan Hicks.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Domantas Sabonis to a $74,900,000 rookie-scale extension.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Domantas Sabonis $15,685,911
Note: Expires 7/1/20
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/20)