Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $44.7 million.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Darren Collison, Cory Joseph, Aaron Holiday, Edmond Sumner
SG: Wesley Matthews, Tyreke Evans, Davon Reed (two-way), Victor Oladipo (injured)
SF: Bojan Bogdanovic, Doug McDermott
PF: Thaddeus Young, T.J. Leaf, Alize Johnson
C: Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, Kyle O’Quinn
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 2018-19 Room Exception: $0 (Kyle O’Quinn)
Waived Players: Al Jefferson, Alex Poythress, Omari Johnson, Elijah Stewart, Demetrius Denzel-Dyson, C.J. Wilcox (two-way), Ben Moore, Ike Anigbogu, Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Stephan Hicks
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: Davon Reed
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Peter Dinwiddie — senior vice president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): TBD to the Houston Rockets (Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 5/11/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Edmond Sumner.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Edmond Sumner.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Myles Turner.
- 7/15/19 — Alize Johnson’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension Deadline for Domantas Sabonis.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on T.J. Leaf and Aaron Holiday.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alize Johnson, Edmond Sumner and Domantas Sabonis.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Aaron Holiday.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Aaron Holiday.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/2/18 — Cory Joseph opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Aaron Holiday (23rd) and Alize Johnson (50th).
- 6/25/18 — Declined the team option on the final year of Lance Stephenson’s contract.
- 6/28/18 — Thaddeus Young opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/18 — Bojan Bogdanovic’s $10.5 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 6/30/18 — Declined team option on Joseph Young.
- 7/1/18 — Darren Collison’s $10.0 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Aaron Holiday (2018-23rd) to a $10,477,351 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Renounced the rights to Lance Stephenson, Glenn Robinson III and Ben Moore (two-way).
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to Trevor Booker and Joe Young.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Doug McDermott to a three-year $22 million contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Tyreke Evans to a one-year $12.4 million contract.
- 7/8/18 — Signed Kyle O’Quinn to a one-year, $4,449,000 contract.
- 7/15/18 — Ike Anigbogu’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Elijah Stewart to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Alize Johnson (2018-50th) to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,255,316 contract.
- 8/3/18 — Signed C.J. Wilcox to a two-way contract.
- 9/5/18 — Signed Coach Nate McMillan to a contract extension.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Omari Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/26/18 — Picked up team options on Domantas Sabonis and T.J. Leaf.
- 10/13/18 — Signed Demetrius Denzel-Dyson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Signed Myles Turner to a four-year $72 million contract extension.
- 10/19/18 — Signed Davon Reed to a two-way contract.
- 1/30/19 — Signed Stephan Hicks to a 10-day $47,371 contract.
- 2/7/19 — Traded cash (TBD) to the Houston Rockets for Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) and a Milwaukee Bucks 2021 second-rounder.
- 2/10/19 — Signed Wesley Matthews for the rest of the season at $737,715.
- 2/11/19 — Signed two-way player Edmond Summer to a two-year $2,038,025 contract, team option on the second season.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/12/19)