Quick: Up to $6.8 million in cap space
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $59.1 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Darren Collison, Cory Joseph
SG: Victor Oladipo, Lance Stephenson, Joseph Young, Edmond Sumner (two-way)
SF: Bojan Bogdanovic, Alex Poythress, Glenn Robinson III (injured)
PF: Thaddeus Young, Domantas Sabonis, T.J. Leaf, Ben Moore (two-way)
C: Myles Turner, Al Jefferson, Ike Anigbogu
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy)
Two-Way Contracts: Edmond Sumner (two-year), Ben Moore
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Nate McMillan (three-year deal starting with 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
Cash Paid ($5.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.2 million max): $0
- Earlier of two days before 2018 NBA Draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Cory Joseph.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Thaddeus Young.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Lance Stephenson and Joseph Young.
- 6/29/18 — Bojan Bogdanovic’s $10.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Darren Collison’s $10.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Joseph Young’s $1,600,520 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Ike Anigbogu’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/25/18 — Alex Poythress’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Myles Turner.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Domantas Sabonis and T.J. Leaf.
- 1/10/19 — Al Jefferson’s $10 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Myles Turner and Alex Poythress.
- 6/29/19 — Ike Anigbogu’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension Deadline for Domantas Sabonis.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on T.J. Leaf.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Domantas Sabonis and Ike Anigbogu.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Leaf.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/28/17 — Larry Bird stepped down as president of basketball operations.
- 6/20/17 — C.J. Miles opted out.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted T.J. Leaf (18th) and Ike Anigbogu (47th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded $1.0 million to New Orleans Pacers for the rights to Edmond Sumner (52nd)
- 6/26/17 — Declined Lavoy Allen’s option.
- 7/1/17 — Glenn Robinson III’s $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/1/17 — Signed T.J. Leaf (2017-18th) to an $11,576,025 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Renounced the rights to Aaron Brooks, Jeff Teague and Lavoy Allen.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Edmond Sumner (2017-52nd) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Paul George to Oklahoma City Thunder for Victor Olapdipo and Domantas Sabonis.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Darren Collison to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $20.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Bojan Bogdanovic to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $21.0 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Ike Anigbogu (2017-47th) to partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,946,762 contract.
- 7/13/17 — Renounced the rights to C.J. Miles.
- 7/14/17 — Traded the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) to Toronto Raptors for Cory Joseph.
- 7/1/17 — Joseph Young’s $1,471,381 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 8/14/17 — Signed Ben Moore to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/21/17 — Picked up team option on Myles Turner.
- 8/22/17 — Signed Alex Poythress to a two-way contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Trey McKinney-Jones to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/6/17 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/13/17 — Picked up team option on Domantas Sabonis.
- 12/28/17 — Signed Alex Poythress to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,323,610 contract.
- 1/12/18 — Signed Ben Moore to a two-way contract.
Waived Players: Rakeem Christmas, Monta Ellis (stretched), Georges Niang, Kevin Seraphin, Ben Moore, DeQuan Jones, Trey McKinney, Jarrod Uthoff, Damien Wilkins
Traded Players: Paul George
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
No-Trade: Alex Poythress (signing restriction)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/12/18)