Indiana Pacers Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by $4.1 million.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $24.5 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
PG: Jeff Teague, Aaron Brooks
SG: C.J. Miles, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, Joseph Young
SF: Paul George, Glenn Robinson III, Georges Niang
PF: Thaddeus Young, Lavoy Allen, Kevin Seraphin
C: Myles Turner, Al Jefferson, Rakeem Christmas
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Paul George, Jeff Teague
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Paul George’s contracts.
- Ten days prior to NBA Draft, or day following team’s final game, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Rodney Stuckey.
- 6/20/17 or two days after teams last game, no later than 6/29/17 — Payer option on C.J. Miles. Team can waive Miles before he executes the option.
- 6/26/17 or one day after NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Team option on Lavoy Allen.
- 7/1/17 — Glenn Robinson III’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/1/17 — Joseph Young’s $1,471,381 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/15/17 — Georges Niang’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 8/1/17 — Kevin Seraphin’s $1,974,159 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Rakeem Christmas’ $1,471,381 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Myles Turner.
- Six days prior to NBA Draft, or day following team’s final game, no later than 6/29/18 — Player option on Monta Ellis.
- 6/29/18 — Player options on Paul George and Thaddeus Young.
- 6/29/18 — Team options for Rakeem Christmas and Joseph Young
- 7/1/18 — Rakeem Christmas and Joseph Young’s $1,600,520 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Georges Niang’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Myles Turner.
- 1/10/19 — Al Jefferson’s $10 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Myles Turner and Georges Niang.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/5/16 — Parted ways with Frank Vogel.
- 5/16/16 — Hired Coach Nate McMillan on a three-year contract (TBD).
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Ty Lawson, Solomon Hill and Ian Mahinmi.
- 7/7/16 — Traded George Hill to Utah Jazz for Jeff Teague.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Caris LeVert (2016th-20th) to Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Stanko Barac (2007-39th) to Dallas Mavericks for Jeremy Evans, the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) and $3,227,286.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Al Jefferson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $30 million contract.
- 7/11/16 — Signed Georges Niang (2016-50th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 8/1/16 — Glenn Robinson III’s $1.1 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/26/16 — Signed Julyan Stone to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,015,696 contract ($50,000).
- 8/29/16 — Signed Alex Poythress to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($35,381)
- 9/6/16 — Signed Nick Zeisloft to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($25,000).
- 9/8/16 — Signed Kevin Seraphin to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $3,681,000 contract
- 10/17/16 — Picked up Myles Turner’s third-year option.
- 10/24/16 — Signed Ben Bentil to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
Waived Players: Shayne Whittington, Nick Zeisloft, Alex Poythress, Julyan Stone, Jeremy Evans, Ben Bentil
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Nate McMillan (three-year deal starting with 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Larry Bird — president of basketball operations
- Kevin Pritchard — general Manager
- 2017– Owe second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $3,227,286 from Dallas Mavericks (Jeremy Evans)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy)
Amnesty: Used on James Posey.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/3/17)