Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): None
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Derrick Walton Jr.
SG: Landry Shamet, Rodney McGruder, Jerome Robinson, James Palmer Jr.
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Terance Mann, Amir Coffey (two-way)
PF: Paul George, Montrezl Harrell, Mo Harkless, Mfiondu Kabengele, Johnathan Motley (two-way)
C: Iviza Zubac, JaMychal Green
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (JaMychal Green)
- Derrick Walton Jr. $1,445,697
- James Palmer Jr. $898,310
Waived Players: Tyrone Wallace (claimed by the Minnesota Timberwolves), Sindarius Thornwell
Traded Players: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Brian Adams head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Amir Coffey, Johnathan Motley
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Rex Kalamian, Casey Hill, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development), Natalie Nakase (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Mark Hughes — assistant general manager
- Trent Redden — assistant general manager
- Jerry West — consultant
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Miles Bridges).
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
- 2023 — The Oklahoma City Thunder can swap first-rounders (Paul George).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2024 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
- 2025 — The Oklahoma City Thunder can swap first-rounders (Paul George).
- 2026 — Owe a first-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Paul George).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $110,000 to the Miami HEAT (Jimmy Butler) — $5,507,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/8/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Mfiondu Kabengele, Terance Mann and Amir Coffey.
- 8/23/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Johnathan Motley.
- 9/10/19 — No-package restriction lifts on Paul George.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jerome Robinson.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on JaMychal Green, Derrick Walton Jr., James Palmer Jr. and Kawhi Leonard.
- 1/10/20 — Derrick Walton Jr.’s $1,445,697 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — James Palmer Jr.’s $898,310 salary guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — No-trade restrictions lift on Patrick Beverley, Rodney McGruder and Ivica Zubac.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on JaMychal Green.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offers on Derrick Walton Jr. and James Palmer Jr.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Landry Shamet, Mfiondu Kabengele and Jerome Robinson.
- 6/29/21 — Player options on Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.
- 7/15/21 — Rodney McGruder’s $5 million guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/1/21 — Terance Mann’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Landry Shamet and Jerome Robinson.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Mfiondu Kabengele.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Landry Shamet and Jerome Robinson.
- 6/29/22 — Team options on Terance Mann and Ivica Zubac.
- 8/1/22 — Terance Mann’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before first day of 2022 season — Extension deadlines on Mfiondu Kabengele.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Mfiondu Kabengele.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Terance Mann (48th) and Jaylen Hands (56th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Jaylen Hands (56th) and a 2020 top-14 protected first-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Mfiondu Kabengele (27th).
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Ivica Zubac and Rodney McGruder.
- 7/1/19 — Guaranteed Lou Williams’ $8 million for 2020-21.
- 7/6/19 — Waived Tyrone Wallace and Sindarius Thornwell.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Garrett Temple and Wilson Chandler.
- 7/6/19 — Traded $110,000 to the Miami HEAT for Mo Harkless from the Portland Trail Blazers and a 2023 Miami first-rounder in a four-team trade sending Hassan Whiteside to the Blazers, Josh Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers and Jimmy Butler, via sign and trade from the 76ers, to Miami. The Sixers sent the rights to Mathias Lessort (2017-50th) to the Clippers.
- 7/9/19 — Renounced the rights to JaMychal Green and Angel Delgado.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Kawhi Leonard to a three-year $103,137,300 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Amir Coffey to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Mfiondu Kabengele (2019-27th) to a rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Terance Mann (2019-48th) a partially-guaranteed four-year $6,231,283 contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Rodney McGruder to a partially-guaranteed three-year $15 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Ivica Zubac to a four-year $28,518,518 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/10/19 — Traded trade Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a Miami HEAT 2021 first-rounder, a 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-round swap rights, a 2023 Miami HEAT first-rounder, a 2024 first-rounder and 2025 swap rights.
- and draft considerations to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Paul George.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed Patrick Beverley to a three-year $39,999,980 contract.
- 7/18/19 — Re-signed JaMychal Green to a two-year $9,772,350, player option on final season.
- 7/24/19 — Re-signed Johnathan Motley to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/2/19 — Signed James Palmer Jr. to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), David Michineau (2016-39th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/12/19)