Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $56.4 million.
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Tyrone Wallace, Milos Teodosic (injured)
SG: Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Jerome Robinson, Avery Bradley (injured)
SF: Tobias Harris, Sindarius Thornwell, Luc Mbah a Moute (injured)
PF: Danilo Gallinari, Mike Scott, Johnathan Motley (two-way)
C: Marcin Gortat, Montrezl Harrell, Boban Marjanovic, Angel Delgado (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Patrick Beverley $5,027,028
- Tyrone Wallace $1,349,383 ($300,000 guaranteed)
- Trade (Willie Reed, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade (Brice Johnson, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,331,160
- Trade (Sam Dekker, expiring 8/7/19) — $2,760,095
- Trade (Wesley Johnson, expiring 10/15/19) — $849,126)
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Mike Scott, Luc Mbah a Moute)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: C.J. Williams, Desi Rodriguez, Jamel Artis, Jawun Evans, Alexis Ajinca
Traded Players: Austin Rivers, Sam Dekker, Wesley Johnson
- Milos Teodosic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Brian Adams head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Angel Delgado, Jonathan Motley
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Rex Kalamian, Casey Hill, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development), Natalie Nakase (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers or Orlando Magic. The highest of the Orlando Magic, Cavaliers, Rockets and Blazers will go to Magic. Kings will get second-highest selection of Magic, Cavaliers and Rockets’ pick. New York Knicks will get lowest pick. Clippers get the lower of the Blazers’ pick and the highest of Orlando, Cleveland and Houston’s picks (Iman Shumpert, Pablo Prigioni, Kyle O’Quinn, Jake Layman, Jodie Meeks, Scott Perry, Blake Griffin)
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Miles Bridges).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $50,000 to Dallas Mavericks (Jonathan Motley); $1,247,494 to Cleveland Cavaliers (Sam Dekker) — $3,945,506 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No trade restriction lifts on Luc Mbah a Moute, Tyrone Wallace and Mike Scott.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Tyrone Wallace’s $1,349,383 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Montrezl Harrell and Avery Bradley.
- 1/29/19 — Expiring of Willie Reed and Brice Johnson trade exceptions.
- 6/20/19 — Sindarius Thornwall’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/3/19 — Avery Bradley’s $12,960,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 8/7/19 — Sam Dekker trade exception expires.
- 9/12/19 — Tyrone Wallace’s salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 10/15/19 — Wesley Johnson trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- 1/10/20 — Tyrone Wallace’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sindarius Thornwell and Tyrone Wallace.
- 7/15/20 — Lou Williams’ $8.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/18 — Wesley Johnson opted in to the final year on his contract.
- 5/23/18 — Signed Coach Doc Rivers to a contract extension.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Miles Bridges (12th) and Jerome Robinson (13th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Miles Bridges (2018-12th) and two second-rounders (Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2020 and Clippers’ 2021) to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th).
- 6/22/18 — Austin Rivers opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/18 — Milos Teodosic opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/26/18 — Traded Austin Rivers to Washington Wizards for Marcin Gortat.
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Montrezl Harrell and Ty Wallace (two-way).
- 6/28/18 — Chris Paul trade exception expired.
- 6/30/18 — DeAndre Jordan opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th) to a $16,965,132 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Signed Jerome Robinson (2018-13th) to a $15,692,356 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Angel Delgado to a two-way contract, length TBD.
- 7/9/18 — Signed Mike Scott to a one-year $4,320,500 contract.
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Avery Bradley to a partially-guaranteed two-year $24,960,000 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year $4,320,500 contract.
- 7/15/18 — Milos Teodosic’s $6.3 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/23/18 — Traded the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) and $50,000 to Dallas Mavericks for Jonathan Motley (two-way) and the rights to Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th).
- 7/24/18 — Re-signed Montrezl Harrell to a two-year $12 million contract.
- 8/7/18 — Traded Sam Dekker, the rights to Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th) and $1,247,494 to Cleveland Cavaliers for the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th).
- 9/5/18 — Re-signed Tyrone Wallace to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,937,614 contract, matching an offer sheet from the New Orleans Pelicans.
- 9/7/18 — Signed Desi Rodriguez to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/18 — DeAndre Liggins trade exception expired.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Jamel Artis to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Traded Wesley Johnson to the New Orleans Pelicans for Alexis Ajinca.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/14/18)