Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped and repeater tax eligible
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $34.4 million
- Trade (Chris Paul, expiring 6/28/18) — $7,273,631
- Trade (DeAndre Liggins, expiring 9/25/18) — $1,577,230
- Mid-Level Exception: $774,770 (Jawun Evans, Milos Teodosic, Sindarius Thornwell)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Jawun Evans, Milos Teodosic (injured)
SG: Austin Rivers, Lou Williams, Sindarius Thornwell
SF: Wesley Johnson, Danilo Gallinari (injured)
PF: Blake Griffin, Sam Dekker, Brice Johnson
C: DeAndre Jordan, Willie Reed, Montrezl Harrell
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Casey Hill head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jamil Wilson (two-year), C.J. Williams (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- DeAndre Jordan — 15 percent
- Blake Griffin — 15 percent
- Milos Teodosic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Dave Wohl — general manager
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (DeAndre Liggins).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Byron Mullens). Sixers have right to swap pick with New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $3.2 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Jawun Evans); $1,312,611 to Atlanta Hawks (Danilo Gallinari); $100,000 to Atlanta Hawks (DeAndre Liggins) — $487,389 remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Willie Reed, Milos Teodosic and Danilo Gallinari.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Blake Griffin.
- 6/24/18 — Player option on Milos Teodosic.
- 6/29/18 — Player options for Wesley Johnson, Austin Rivers and DeAndre Jordan.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Montrezl Harrell.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/15/18 — Milos Teodosic’s $6.3 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/20/19 — Sindarius Thornwall’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jawun Evans.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines Sindarius Thornwell and Jawun Evans.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Traded $2.0 million to Milwaukee Bucks for the rights to Sindarius Thornwell (2017-48th).
- 6/28/17 — Chris Paul opted into his contract for 2017-18.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Chris Paul to Houston Rockets for Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer, Darrun Hilliard, DeAndre Liggins, a protected 2018 first-rounder and $661,072.
- 6/28/17 — Blake Griffin opted out of his contract.
- 6/29/17 — Luc Mbah a Moute opted out of his contract.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to Ekpe Udoh, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis, Brandon Bass, Alan Anderson, Jeff Ayres and J.J. Redick.
- 7/6/17 — Traded $3.2 million to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Jawun Evans (2017-39th).
- 7/6/17 — Traded Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, a Houston Rockets first-rounder and $1,312,611 to Atlanta Hawks for Danilo Gallinari (three-year, $64,762,737 contract) via sign and trade from Denver Nuggets.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Milos Teodosic to a partially-guaranteed, two-year $12.3 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/11/17 — Signed Jawun Evans (2017-39th) to a three-year, $3,812,377 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/15/17 — Milos Teodosic’s $6.0 million guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/17/17 — Signed Blake Griffin to a five-year, $171,174,820 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Jamil Wilson to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Sindarius Thornwell (2017-48th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Willie Reed to a one-year, $1,577,230 contract.
- 8/15/17 — Signed Tyrone Wallace to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 8/23/17 — Signed Marshall Plumlee to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/13/17 — Signed C.J. Williams to a non-guaranteed, one-year $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Traded DeAndre Liggins and $100,000 to Atlanta Hawks for a protected 2018 second-rounder.
- 9/27/17 — Signed LaDontae Henton to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/14/17 — Converted C.J. Williams to a two-way contract.
- 10/14/17 — Signed Ike Iroegbu to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/31/17 — Picked up team option on Sam Dekker.
- 10/31/17 — Declined team option on Brice Johnson.
Waived Players: Paul Pierce, Darrun Hilliard, Kyle Wiltjer, Tyrone Wallace, Marshall Plumlee, LaDontae Henton, Ike Iroegbu
Traded Players: Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, DeAndre Liggins
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/6/17)