Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Patrick Beverley, Milos Teodosic, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jawun Evans
SG: Avery Bradley, Lou Williams, Jerome Robinson
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Luc Mbah a Moute, C.J. Williams, Sindarius Thornwell, Wesley Johnson
PF: Tobias Harris, Mike Scott, Sam Dekker
C: Marcin Gortat, Boban Marjanovic, Angel Delgado (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Montrezl Harrell (RFA $1,839,228, full Bird)
- Tyrone Wallace (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Patrick Beverley $15,027,028
- C.J. Williams $1,378,242
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th)
- Trade (DeAndre Liggins, expiring 9/25/18) — $1,577,230
- Trade (Willie Reed, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade (Brice Johnson, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Mike Scott, Luc Mbah a Moute)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Austin Rivers
- Milos Teodosic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: C.J. Williams (signing restriction until 7/9/18)
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Casey Hill head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Angel Delgado
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Rex Kalamian, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers or Orlando Magic. The highest of the Orlando Magic, Cavaliers, Rockets and Blazers will go to Magic. Kings will get second-highest selection of Magic, Cavaliers and Rockets’ pick. New York Knicks will get lowest pick. Clippers get the lower of the Blazers’ pick and the highest of Orlando, Cleveland and Houston’s picks (Iman Shumpert, Pablo Prigioni, Kyle O’Quinn, Jake Layman, Jodie Meeks, Scott Perry, Blake Griffin)
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Miles Bridges).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 8/2/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
- 8/4/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jerome Robinson.
- 8/26/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Marcin Gortat.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Sam Dekker.
- First day of 2018 season — C.J. Williams’ salary guarantees at $125,000.
- 12/15/18 — No trade restriction lifts on Luc Mbah a Moute and Mike Scott.
- 1/10/19 — C.J. Williams’ $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Avery Bradley.
- 1/29/19 — Expiring of Willie Reed and Brice Johnson trade exceptions.
- 6/20/19 — Sindarius Thornwall’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jawun Evans.
- 7/3/19 — Avery Bradley’s $12,960,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day of 2019 season — C.J. Williams’ salary guarantees at $200,000.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- 1/10/20 — C.J. Williams’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sindarius Thornwell, C.J. Williams and Jawun Evans.
- 7/15/20 — Lou Williams’ $8.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/18 — Wesley Johnson opted in to the final year on his contract.
- 5/23/18 — Signed Coach Doc Rivers to a contract extension.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Miles Bridges (12th) and Jerome Robinson (13th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Miles Bridges (2018-12th) and two second-rounders (Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2020 and Clippers’ 2021) to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th).
- 6/24/18 — Milos Teodosic opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/18 — Austin Rivers opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/26/18 — Traded Austin Rivers to Washington Wizards for Marcin Gortat.
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Montrezl Harrell and Ty Wallace (two-way).
- 6/28/18 — Chris Paul trade exception expired.
- 6/30/18 — DeAndre Jordan opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th) to a $16,965,132 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Signed Jerome Robinson (2018-13th) to a $15,692,356 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Angel Delgado to a two-way contract, length TBD.
- 7/9/18 — Signed Mike Scott to a one-year $4,320,500 contract.
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Avery Bradley to a partially-guaranteed two-year $24,960,000 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year $4,320,500 contract.
- 7/15/18 — Milos Teodosic’s $6.3 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)