Los Angeles Clippers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$12.5 million
- Trade (Josh Smith, expiring 1/22/17) — $947,276
- Mid-Level: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual: $2,203,000
- Room*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Brice Johnson (2016-25th, cap hold $1,061,600)
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Diamond Stone (2016-40th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th)
- Bird: Jeff Green, Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers
- Early Bird: Glen Davis*, Hedo Turkoglu*
- Non-Bird: Wesley Johnson, Cole Aldrich, Pablo Prigioni, Jeff Ayres, Luc Mbah a Moute Ekpe Udoh*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Branden Dawson ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Chris Paul
SG: J.J. Redick, C.J. Wilcox
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Blake Griffin, Branden Dawson
C: DeAndre Jordan
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: C.J Wilcox ($2,183,328)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/10/16 — Chris Paul and J.J. Redick contracts eligible for restructuring.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for C.J. Wilcox.
- 1/10/17 — Branden Dawson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and J.J. Redick’s contracts.
- 6/28/17 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Chris Paul.
- 6/30/17 — Paul Pierce’s $3.7 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Branden Dawson.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for C.J. Wilcox.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for DeAndre Jordan.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for C.J. Wilcox.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Cole Aldrich, Wesley Johnson and Austin Rivers opted out of the final years of their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Brice Johnson (25th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Cheick Diallo (33rd) to New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to David Michineau (39th) and Diamond Stone (40th).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Bob Thate, Dave Severns (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning)
- Doc Rivers — President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach
- Lawrence Frank — Title TBD
- Dave Wohl — General Manager
- Gary Sacks — Assistant General Manager
- Gerald Madkins — Director of Scouting
- Jason Piombetti — Assistant Director of Scouting
- Jud Winton — Director of Analytics
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Toronto Raptors (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Austin Rivers).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Byron Mullens). Sixers have right to swap pick with New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following obligation to Toronto Raptors.
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $456,921 to Houston Rockets (Josh Smith)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Chris Paul — 15%
- DeAndre Jordan — 15%
- Blake Griffin — 15%
- J.J. Redick — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Ryan Gomes.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Glen Davis — $980,431 (Early Bird)
- Hedo Turkoglu — $980,431 (Early Bird)
- Ekpe Udoh — $980,431 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)