Los Angeles Clippers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped and repeater tax eligible
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Hard Cap: $117,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $29.5 million
- Trade (C.J. Wilcox, expiring 7/15/17) — $1,209,600
- Mid-Level: $0 (Wesley Johnson)
- Bi-Annual: $0 (Luc Mbah a Moute)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
PG: Chris Paul, Raymond Felton
SG: J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers
SF: Luc Mbah a Moute, Wesley Johnson, Alan Anderson
PF: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass, Brice Johnson (injured)
C: DeAndre Jordan, Marreese Speights, Diamond Stone
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: None
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
Eligible for Restructuring: Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, J.J. Redick
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Wesley Johnson, Alan Anderson, Marreese Speights, Brandon Bass, Raymond Felton and Luc Mbah a Moute.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and J.J. Redick’s contracts.
- 6/28/17 — Early termination option for Blake Griffin.
- 6/29/17 — Early termination for Chris Paul.
- 6/29/17 — Estimated player option for Luc Mbah a Moute.
- 6/30/17 — Paul Pierce’s $3.7 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/15/17 — C.J. Wilcox $1.2 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Brice Johnson.
- 6/21/18 — Jamal Crawford’s $14.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for DeAndre Jordan.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option for Austin Rivers.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Diamond Stone.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Brice Johnson.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Brice Johnson.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Brice Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Cole Aldrich, Wesley Johnson and Austin Rivers opted out of the final years of their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Brice Johnson (25th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Cheick Diallo (33rd) to New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to David Michineau (39th) and Diamond Stone (40th).
- 7/7/16 — Re-signed Wesley Johnson to a three-year, $17.6 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Re-signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a two-year, $4.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Re-signed Jamal Crawford to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $42 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Re-signed Austin Rivers to a three-year, $35.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Marreese Speights to a two-year, $2.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Brice Johnson (2016-25th) to a $6.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Diamond Stone (2016-40th) to a two-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Traded C.J. Wilcox and $230,000 to Orlando Magic for Devyn Marble and a Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2020 second-rounder.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Brandon Bass to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Raymond Felton to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed Alan Anderson to a one-year, $1,315,448 contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Xavier Munford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Dorell Wright to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,551,659 summer contract.
Waived Players: Devyn Marble, Branden Dawson, Dorell Wright, Xavier Munford
Traded Players: C.J. Wilcox
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Doc Rivers — president of basketball operations and head coach
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Dave Wohl — general manager
- Gary Sacks — assistant general manager
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Gerald Madkins — director of scouting
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Toronto Raptors (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Austin Rivers).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Byron Mullens). Sixers have right to swap pick with New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th)
- Early Bird: Glen Davis ($980,431 cap hold)*, Hedo Turkoglu ($980,431 cap hold)*
- Non-Bird: Jeff Ayres ($980,431 cap hold), Ekpe Udoh ($980,431 cap hold)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $230,000 to Orlando Magic (C.J. Wilcox)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Chris Paul — 15 percent
- DeAndre Jordan — 15 percent
- Blake Griffin — 15 percent
- J.J. Redick — five percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Ryan Gomes.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/20/16)