Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped and repeater tax eligible
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $29.9 million
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three player options, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Milos Teodosic (PO), Jawun Evans
SG: Austin Rivers (PO), Lou Williams
SF: Danilo Gallinari, C.J. Williams, Sindarius Thornwell, Wesley Johnson
PF: Tobias Harris, Sam Dekker
C: DeAndre Jordan (PO), Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- DeAndre Jordan (PO, $33,963,525, full Bird)
- Austin Rivers (PO, $17,737,500, full Bird)
- Avery Bradley ($13,218,484, full Bird)
- Milos Teodosic (PO, $7.2 million, non-Bird)
- Wesley Johnson (PO, $8,821,890, full Bird)
- Montrezl Harrell (RFA $1,839,228 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- Tyrone Wallace (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Patrick Beverley $15,027,028
- C.J. Williams $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 12th from Detroit Pistons (Blake Griffin, cap hold $2,671,225), 13th ($2,671,725); 43rd to Denver Nuggets (Travis Outlaw, Byron Mullens, Emmanuel Mudiay)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th)
- Trade (Chris Paul, expiring 6/28/18) — $7,273,631
- Trade (DeAndre Liggins, expiring 9/25/18) — $1,577,230
- Trade (Willie Reed, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade (Brice Johnson, expiring 1/29/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. If the team goes under the cap they lose their exceptions but gain the $4,411,290 Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- DeAndre Jordan — 15 percent
- Milos Teodosic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: C.J. Williams (signing restriction until 7/9/18)
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Casey Hill head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers or Orlando Magic. The highest of the Orlando Magic, Cavaliers, Rockets and Blazers will go to Magic. Kings will get second-highest selection of Magic, Cavaliers and Rockets’ pick. New York Knicks will get lowest pick. Clippers get the lower of the Blazers’ pick and the highest of Orlando, Cleveland and Houston’s picks (Iman Shumpert, Pablo Prigioni, Kyle O’Quinn, Jake Layman, Jodie Meeks, Scott Perry, Blake Griffin)
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $3.2 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Jawun Evans); $1,312,611 to Atlanta Hawks (Danilo Gallinari); $100,000 to Atlanta Hawks (DeAndre Liggins) — $487,389 remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/24/18 — Player option on Milos Teodosic.
- 6/29/18 — Player options for Wesley Johnson, Austin Rivers and DeAndre Jordan.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Montrezl Harrell.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/9/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on C.J. Williams.
- 7/15/18 — Milos Teodosic’s $6.3 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Sam Dekker.
- First day of 2018 season — C.J. Williams’ salary guarantees at $125,000.
- 1/10/19 — C.J. Williams’ $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/29/19 — Expiring of Willie Reed and Brice Johnson trade exceptions.
- 6/20/19 — Sindarius Thornwall’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Jawun Evans.
- First day of 2019 season — C.J. Williams’ salary guarantees at $200,000.
- 1/10/20 — C.J. Williams’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines Sindarius Thornwell, C.J. Williams and Jawun Evans.
- 7/15/20 — Lou Williams’ $8.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/18 — Wesley Johnson opted in to the final year on his contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)