Los Angeles Clippers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Paul Pierce)
- Trade Exception (Jared Cunningham, expiring 1/7/16) — $915,243
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Chris Paul, Austin Rivers, Pablo Prigioni
SG: J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford, C.J. Wilcox
SF: Paul Pierce, Lance Stephenson, Wesley Johnson
PF: Blake Griffin, Josh Smith, Branden Dawson
C: DeAndre Jordan, Cole Aldrich
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: C.J. Wilcox (third-year)
- 8/13/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Branden Dawson.
- 10/31/15 — Team option for C.J. Wilcox
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Josh Smith, Paul Pierce, Wesley Johnson and Cole Aldrich.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Jordan and Austin Rivers.
- 1/10/17 — Branden Dawson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/17 — Paul Pierce’s $3.7 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes to Charlotte Hornets for Lance Stephenson.
- 6/25/15 — Traded approximately $630,000 in cash to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Branden Dawson (2015 56th pick).
- 7/8/15 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a two-year, $2.3 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed DeAndre Jordan to a four-year, $87.6 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Paul Pierce to a three-year, $10.6 million, partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a two-year, $2.2 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/13/15 — Re-signed Austin Rivers to a two-year, $6.5 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Branden Dawson (2015-56th pick) to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/16/15 – Signed Josh Smith to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Pablo Prigioni to a one-year, $981k minimum contract.
Waived Players: Lester Hudson, Jordan Hamilton
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th)
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014/15 season)
- Doc Rivers — President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach
- Kevin Eastman — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dave Wohl — General Manager
- Gary Sacks — Assistant General Manager
- Gerald Madkins — Director of Scouting
- Jason Piombetti — Assistant Director of Scouting
- Jud Winton — Director of Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Rasual Butler, Alonzo Gee).
- 2016 — Clippers have the right to swap second-rounders (if Los Angeles’ pick is in top-55) with the Brooklyn Nets (Reggie Evans).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Toronto Raptors (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Austin Rivers).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Byron Mullens). Sixers have right to swap pick with New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu
- Non-Bird: Dahntay Jones, Ekpe Udoh
- Chris Paul — 15%
- DeAndre Jordan — 15%
- Blake Griffin — 15%
- J.J. Redick — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Ryan Gomes.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
- Glen Davis — $947,276 (Early Bird)
- Hedo Turkoglu — $947,276 (Early Bird)
- Dahntay Jones — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
- Ekpe Udoh — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/1/15)