Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $57.5 million.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet, Tyrone Wallace
SG: Lou Williams, Jerome Robinson
SF: Sindarius Thornwell
PF: Danilo Gallinari
C: Montrezl Harrell
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Sam Dekker, expiring 8/7/19) — $2,760,095
- Trade Exception (Wesley Johnson, expiring 10/15/19) — $849,126
- Trade Exception (Tobias Harris, expiring 2/6/19) — $9,800,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Wilson Chandler ($19,200,843), Garrett Temple ($15,200,000), JaMychal Green ($14,566,667), Patrick Beverley ($9,551,353), Ivica Zubac (RFA*, $1,931,189), Rodney McGruder (RFA*, $1,931,189)
- Early Bird: Jonathan Motley (two-way)
- Non-Bird: Angel Delgado (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Sindarius Thornwell $1,618,520
- Tyrone Wallace $1,588,231
2019 Draft Picks: 48th, 56th (from the Portland Trail Blazers); Own 20th to the Boston Celtics
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: David Michineau (2016-39th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (Dee Brown general manager, Brian Adams head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Patrick Sullivan, Rex Kalamian, Casey Hill, Dee Brown (player development), J.P. Clark (player development), Natalie Nakase (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant athletic trainer), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning), Mark Simpson (director of performance), Brent Tanaka (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Tommy Murdock (assistant athletic trainer)
- Lawrence Frank — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Michael Winger — general manager
- Mark Hughes — assistant general manager
- Trent Redden — assistant general manager
- Jerry West — consultant
- Johnny Rogers — director of pro player personnel
- Jason Piombetti — director of college player personnel
- Jud Winton — director of analytics
- Jordan Borucki — basketball operations manager
- Annemarie Loflin — chief of staff of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed a first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) from the Philadelphia 76ers (Tobias Harris).
- 2021 — Owed a first-rounder from the Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges, Tobias Harris).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Miles Bridges).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $50,000 to Dallas Mavericks (Jonathan Motley); $1,247,494 to Cleveland Cavaliers (Sam Dekker) — $3,945,506 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/20/19 — Sindarius Thornwall’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Rodney McGruder and Ivica Zubac.
- 8/7/19 — Sam Dekker trade exception expires.
- 9/12/19 — Tyrone Wallace’s salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 10/15/19 — Wesley Johnson trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson.
- 1/10/20 — Tyrone Wallace’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Tobias Harris trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sindarius Thornwell and Tyrone Wallace.
- 7/15/20 — Lou Williams’ $8.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet and Jerome Robinson.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet and Jerome Robinson.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet and Jerome Robinson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)