Los Angeles Clippers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$7.6 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Paul Pierce)
- Trade Exception (Jared Cunningham, expiring 1/7/16) — $915,243
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Chris Paul, Austin Rivers, Pablo Prigioni
SG: J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford, C.J. Wilcox
SF: Lance Stephenson, Wesley Johnson, Luc Mbah a Moute
PF: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce, Branden Dawson
C: DeAndre Jordan, Josh Smith, Cole Aldrich
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Josh Smith, Paul Pierce, Wesley Johnson, Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Cole Aldrich.
- 12/25/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Luc Mbah a Moute.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Luc Mbah a Moute’s $1.3 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Jordan and Austin Rivers.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 1/10/17 — Branden Dawson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/17 — Paul Pierce’s $3.7 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes to Charlotte Hornets for Lance Stephenson.
- 6/25/15 — Traded approximately $630,000 in cash to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Branden Dawson (2015 56th pick).
- 7/8/15 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a two-year, $2.3 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed DeAndre Jordan to a four-year, $87.6 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Paul Pierce to a three-year, $10.6 million, partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a two-year, $2.2 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/13/15 — Re-signed Austin Rivers to a two-year, $6.5 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Branden Dawson (2015-56th pick) to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/16/15 – Signed Josh Smith to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 8/4/15 – Signed Pablo Prigioni to a $981k minimum contract.
- 8/13/15 — Signed Chuck Hayes to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/15 — Signed Nikoloz Tskitishvili to a non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a non-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/27/15 — Picked up the team’s option on C.J. Wilcox (third-year)
Waived Players: Lester Hudson, Jordan Hamilton, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Chuck Hayes
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th)
Head Coach: Doc Rivers (signed five-year, $50 million deal before 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Mike Woodson, Lawrence Frank, Sam Cassell, Armond Hill, Brendan O’Connor, Bob Thate, Dave Severns (player development), J.P. Clark (player development)
Trainers: Jasen Powell, Joe Resendez (assistant), Richard Williams (strength and conditioning)
- Doc Rivers — President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach
- Kevin Eastman — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dave Wohl — General Manager
- Gary Sacks — Assistant General Manager
- Gerald Madkins — Director of Scouting
- Jason Piombetti — Assistant Director of Scouting
- Jud Winton — Director of Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Rasual Butler, Alonzo Gee).
- 2016 — Clippers have the right to swap second-rounders (if Los Angeles’ pick is in top-55) with the Brooklyn Nets (Reggie Evans).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Toronto Raptors (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Austin Rivers).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Byron Mullens). Sixers have right to swap pick with New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu
- Non-Bird: Ekpe Udoh
- Chris Paul — 15%
- DeAndre Jordan — 15%
- Blake Griffin — 15%
- J.J. Redick — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Ryan Gomes.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Glen Davis — $947,276 (Early Bird)
- Hedo Turkoglu — $947,276 (Early Bird)
- Ekpe Udoh — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)