Quick: Currently over the cap, the tax threshold and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $19.4 million, less with their first-round pick, none with Jonas Valanciunas or Avery Bradley.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed, one player option, two two-ways
PG: Mike Conley, Jevon Carter
SG: Avery Bradley, Dillon Brooks
SF: C.J. Miles, Bruno Caboclo, Yuta Watanabe (two-way), Julian Washburn (two-way), Chandler Parsons
F: Kyle Anderson, Ivan Rabb
C: Jaren Jackson Jr.
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Deyonta Davis, expiring 7/17/19) — $1,544,951
- Trade Exception (Jarell Martin, expiring 7/23/19) — $2,416,222
- Trade Exception (Garrett Temple, expiring 2/7/20) — $8,000,000
- Trade Exception (Shelvin Mack, expiring 2/7/20) — 1,512,601
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Jonas Valanciunas (PO), Delon Wright (RFA*, $7,610,694)
- Early Bird: Justin Holiday ($5,700,001), Tyler Dorsey (RFA*, $1,818,486)
- Non-Bird: Joakim Noah ($1,618,486), Tyler Zeller ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Avery Bradley $12,960,000 ($2,000,000 guaranteed)
- Bruno Caboclo $1,845,301
- Ivan Rabb $1,618,520 ($371,758 guaranteed)
- Dillon Brooks $1,618,520
2019 Draft Picks: 8th* (to the Boston Celtics if 9th or lower); Own 37/38th/39th* to the Chicago Bulls
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Yuta Watanabe, Juliana Washburn
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: TBD
Trainers: David Crewe (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Jason Wexler – president
- Zachary Kleiman — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Rich Cho — vice president of basketball strategy
- Glen Grunwald — senior advisor
- Tayshaun Prince — special advisor
- Chantal Hassard — vice president of team operations and player programs
- Chris Makris — director of player personnel
- John Hollinger — senior advisor
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Chicago Bulls (Justin Holiday).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore), may go to the Houston Rockets (56-60 range, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2022 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1,544,951 to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore); $1,037,980 to Orlando Magic (Jarell Martin) — $2,660,069 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 5/13/19 — Bruno Caboclo’s no-trade restriction expires.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/29/19 – Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright and Tyler Dorsey.
- 7/3/19 — Avery Bradley’s $12,960,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/10/19 — Bruno Caboclo’s 2019-20 salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 7/15/19 — Ivan Rabb’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/23/19 — Jarell Martin trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 1/10/20 — Bruno Caboclo’s $1,845,301 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/7/20 — Shelvin Mack and Garrett Temple trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Dillon Brooks, Jevon Carter and Ivan Rabb.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaren Jackson Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/11/19 — Fired coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
- 4/11/19 — General manager Chris Wallace demoted to scouting.
- 4/11/19 — Jason Wexler named president, Zachary Kleiman as executive vice president of basketball operations.
- 4/12/19 — C.J. Miles opted into the final year of his contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: FedEx Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)