Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$37.6 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Brandan Wright)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 1/12/16) — $396,068 (partially used on Luke Ridnour)
- Trade Exception (Jon Leuer, expiring 6/25/16) — $967,500
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, six partially-guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Beno Udrih, Russ Smith, Lazeric Jones
SG: Courtney Lee, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams, Dan Nwaelele
SF: Jeff Green, Tony Allen, Matt Barnes, Yakhouba Diawara
F: Zach Randolph, Jarnell Stokes, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin (injured)
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright, Michael Holyfield, Ryan Hollins
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Jordan Adams (third-year)
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Team option for Jordan Adams.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Brandan Wright, Lazeric Jones, Patrick Christopher and Michael Holyfield.
- 12/22/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Dan Nwaelele.
- 12/25/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Ryan Hollins and Yakhouba Diawara.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Ryan Hollins $1.4 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Yakhouba Diawara’s $1.0 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 –JaMychal Green’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Lazeric Jones, Dan Nwaelele and Michael Holyfield’s $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Marc Gasol.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Russ Smith and Jarnell Stokes’ $980k guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Traded the rights to Janis Timma to Orlando Magic for Luke Ridnour
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Charlotte Hornets for Matt Barnes.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jarell Martin with the 25th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jon Leuer to Phoenix Suns for draft rights of Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandan Wright to a three-year, $17.1 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Jarell Martin to a $6.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Marc Gasol to a five-year, $113.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith $150k for 15/16.
- 7/25/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith’s $845k salary for 15/16.
- 8/18/15 — Signed Michael Holyfield to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Lazeric Jones to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Patrick Christopher to a $845k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/22/15 — Signed Dan Nwaelele to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Yakhouba Diawara to a non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
Waived Players: Patrick Christopher
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Jeff Bzdelik, Bob Thornton, Shawn Respert, Duane Ticknor, Jason March, John Townsend (player development)
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes (restricted, playing in Greece)
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy
- Nick Calathes — $1,147,276 (Early Bird)
The Grizzlies have over $10 million in cap holds for former players (Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas, Steven Hunter, Marcus D. Williams and Leon Powe).
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)