Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Brandan Wright)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 1/12/16) — $396,068 (partially used on Luke Ridnour)
- Trade Exception (Jon Leuer, expiring 6/25/16) — $967,500
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes (restricted, playing in Greece)
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Jordan Adams (third-year)
Amnesty: Available. Only eligible player is Mike Conley.
- 6/24/15 — Traded the rights to Janis Timma to Orlando Magic for Luke Ridnour
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Charlotte Hornets for Matt Barnes.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jarell Martin with the 25th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jon Leuer to Phoenix Suns for draft rights of Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandan Wright to a three-year, $17.1 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Jarell Martin to a $6.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Marc Gasol to a five-year, $113.2 million contract, player option on final season.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Beno Udrih, Russ Smith
SG: Courtney Lee, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Jeff Green, Tony Allen, Matt Barnes
F: Zach Randolph, Jarnell Stokes, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Nick Calathes — $1,147,276 (Early Bird)
The Grizzlies have over $10 million in cap holds for former players (Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas, Steven Hunter, Marcus D. Williams and Leon Powe).
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/15)