Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: $0-$43.5 million in space
- Trade Exception (Jeff Green, expiring 2/18/17) — $450,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Wade Baldwin (2016-17th, cap hold $1,494,800)
- Second-rounders: Deyonta Davis (2016-31st), Rade Zagorac (2016-35th), Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
- Bird: Mike Conley ($14,082,639 cap hold), Chris Andersen ($9,500,000 cap hold), Matt Barnes ($6,730,750 cap hold)
- Declined First: P.J. Hairston ($1,201,400 cap hold)
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes* (restricted, $1,180,431 cap hold))
- Non-Bird: Bryce Cotton ($980, 431 cap hold), Jordan Farmar ($980,431 cap hold), Keyon Dooling ($980,431 cap hold)*
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Vince Carter ($4,264,057 — $2,000,000 guaranteed), Tony Wroten ($1,050,961), JaMychal Green ($980,431)
Qualifying Offers: Nick Calathes ($1,180,431)
PG: Xavier Munford, Tony Wroten
SG: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Lance Stephenson
F: Zach Randolph, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Jordan Adams ($2,410,057), Jarell Martin ($1,341,600)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17.
- 7/13/16 — Tony Allen’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 10/1/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $25,000 for 2016/17.
- First game of the season — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $125,000 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jordan Adams and Jarell Martin.
- 30th day of regular season — No-trade restriction lifts on Tony Wroten.
- 12/15/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $345,000 for 2016/17.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $1,050,961 for 2016/17.
- 2/8/17 — Jeff Green $450k TPE expires.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Tony Allen’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on JaMychal Green.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jarell Martin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/7/16 — Fired Dave Joerger.
- 5/29/16 — Hired Coach David Fizdale.
- 6/21/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Wade Baldwin (17th) and Wang Zhelin (57th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 Los Angeles Clippers first-rounder to Boston Celtics for the rights to Deyonta Davis (31st) and Rade Zagorac (35th)
- 6/24/16 — Claimed Tony Wroten off waivers (from New York Knicks).
- 6/29/16 — Declined options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: David Fizdale (estimated four-year, $10.2 million deal, starting with 2016/17 season, team option on fourth year)
Assistants (TBD): J.B. Bickerstaff (associate head coach), Nick Van Exel
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy (Chris Markis general manager and director of basketball operations, head coach Matt Woodley)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/16)