Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap; hard-capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $8.5 million
- Room Exception: $0 (James Ennis)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Andrew Harrison, Wade Baldwin
SG: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Troy Daniels
SF: Chandler Parsons, James Ennis, Troy Williams
F: JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Deyonta Davis (injured), Brandan Wright (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Tony Allen
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Tony Allen’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on JaMychal Green.
- 7/1/17 — Troy Williams’ salary guarantees for $301,750 for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Troy Williams’ salary guarantees for $603,500 for 2017-18.
- First regular season game — Troy Williams’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Jarell Martin and Wade Baldwin.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Troy Williams.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Wade Baldwin.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Deyonta Davis and Andrew Harrison.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/7/16 — Fired Dave Joerger.
- 5/29/16 — Hired Coach David Fizdale.
- 6/21/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Wade Baldwin (17th) and Wang Zhelin (57th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 Los Angeles Clippers first-rounder to Boston Celtics for the rights to Deyonta Davis (31st) and Rade Zagorac (35th)
- 6/24/16 — Claimed Tony Wroten off waivers (from New York Knicks).
- 6/29/16 — Declined options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Lance Stephenson, Matt Barnes, Chris Andersen, Jordan Farmar, Keyon Dooling, Bryce Cotton and P.J. Hairston.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Chandler Parsons to a four-year, $94.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Traded cash (TBD) to Charlotte Hornets for Troy Daniels, via sign and trade on a three-year, $10 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Deyonta Davis (2016-31st) to a three-year, $3.9 million contract.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guaranteed for $200k for 2016-17.
- 7/12/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Nick Calathes and Xavier Munford.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James Ennis to a two-year, $5.9 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Mike Conley to a five-year, $152.3 million contract, early termination option on final season.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Wade Baldwin (2016-17th) to a $8.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed D.J. Stephens to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.9 million contract ($35,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Troy Williams to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($150,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Wayne Selden to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 8/4/16 — Signed Tony Wroten to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $2,229,953 contract ($25,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Chris Crawford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/9/17 — Signed Vince Hunter a to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/20/17 — Signed Matt Costello to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($31,500).
- 10/20/17 — Signed Kellen Dunham to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/28/16 — Picked up team option on Jarell Martin.
- 12/5/16 — Signed Toney Douglas to a one-year, $998,193 non-guaranteed contract.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4,264,057 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980,431 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Troy Williams’ $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten (twice), Chris Crawford, Vince Hunter, Matt Costello, D.J. Stephens, JaKarr Sampson, Wayne Selden, Kellen Dunham, Jordan Adams, Toney Douglas
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: David Fizdale (estimated four-year, $10.2 million deal, starting with 2016-17 season, team option on fourth year)
Assistants: J.B. Bickerstaff (associate head coach), Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- David Mincberg — team counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Rade Zagorac (2016-35th), Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Denver Nuggets (Courtney Lee, Joffrey Lauvergne).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): TBD to Charlotte Hornets (Troy Daniels)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
- Brandan Wright — 15 percent
- Vince Carter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy (Chris Markis general manager and director of basketball operations, interim head coach Glynn Cyprien)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/15/17)