Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): None
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,440,385 (Ben McLemore, Rade Zagorac, Dillon Brooks)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Tyreke Evans)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: JaMychal Green (RFA, $2,820,497)
- Jeremy Morgan $815,615
- Mario Chalmers $2,106,407 ($25,000 guaranteed)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Tyreke Evans, Wade Baldwin, Mario Chalmers
SG: Wayne Selden, Troy Daniels, Andrew Harrison, Ben McLemore (injured)
SF: Chandler Parsons, Rade Zagorac, Dillon Brooks, Jeremy Morgan
F: Jarell Martin, James Ennis
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons (two-year), Vince Hunter (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
- Brandan Wright — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: David Fizdale (estimated four-year, $10.2 million deal, starting with 2016-17 season, team option on fourth year)
Assistants: J.B. Bickerstaff (associate head coach), Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owe a second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Dillon Brooks), the lowest of the Miami, Charlotte and Memphis picks.
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/17/17 — Mario Chalmers’ $2,106,407 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Jarell Martin and Wade Baldwin.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Mario Chalmers, Ben McLemore, Jeremy Morgan and Tyreke Evans.
- 1/10/18 — Jeremy Morgan’s $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jeremy Morgan.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/10/18 — Wayne Selden’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Wade Baldwin.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Rade Zagorac.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Wayne Selden, Deyonta Davis and Andrew Harrison.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Rade Zagorac and Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/19/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to JaMychal Green.
- 6/22/17 — Traded a Brooklyn Nets’ 2019 second-rounder to Orlando Magic for the rights to Ivan Rabb (35th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for the rights to Dillon Brooks (45th).
- 6/29/17 — Declined team option on Wayne Selden.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Jeremy Morgan to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (affiliate $50,000).
- 7/1/17 — Signed Wayne Selden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,857,562 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Ben McLemore to a two-year, $10,660,000 contract.
- 7/9/17 — Signed Tyreke Evans to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Rade Zagorac (2016-35th) to a three-year, $2,393,857 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Mario Chalmers to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $2,106,407 contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Dillon Brooks (2017-45th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 9/11/17 — Signed Vince Hunter to a two-year, two-way contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ivan Rabb (2017-35th), Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
Arena: FedEx Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/17/17)