Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$41.5 million
- Trade Exception (Jon Leuer, expiring 6/25/16) — $122,441 (partially used on James Ennis)
- Trade Exception (Jeff Green, expiring 2/18/17) — $450,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, two team options
Draft Picks: 17th, 52nd (from Boston Celtics), 57th
- Bird: Mike Conley, Chris Andersen, Matt Barnes
- Declined First: P.J. Hairston
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes* (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Bryce Cotton (restricted), Jordan Farmar, Keyon Dooling*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Vince Carter ($4,264,057 — $2,000,000 guaranteed), JaMychal Green ($980,431)
Options: Lance Stephenson ($9,405,000), Xavier Munford ($874,636 — $50,000 guaranteed)
Qualifying Offers: Bryce Cotton ($1,180,431), Nick Calathes ($1,180,431)
PG: Xavier Munford
SG: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Lance Stephenson
F: Zach Randolph, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Jordan Adams ($2,410,057), Jarell Martin ($1,341,600)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/25/16 — Jon Leuer $122k TPE expires.
- 6/29/16 — Team options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bryce Cotton.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/7/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Xavier Munford.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jordan Adams and Jarell Martin.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 2/8/17 — Jeff Green $450k TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on JaMychal Green and Xavier Munford.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jarell Martin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Jeff Bzdelik, Bob Thornton, Shawn Respert, Duane Ticknor, Jason March, John Townsend (player development)
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $542,714 (to Charlotte Hornets, Courtney Lee)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy (Chris Markis general manager and director of basketball operations)
- Nick Calathes — $1,180,431 (Early Bird)
- Keyon Dooling — $980,431 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)