Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$37.6 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Brandan Wright)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 1/12/16) — $396,068 (partially used on Luke Ridnour)
- Trade Exception (Jon Leuer, expiring 6/25/16) — $122,441 (partially used on James Ennis)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Mario Chalmers, Russ Smith
SG: Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Jeff Green, Matt Barnes, James Ennis
F: Zach Randolph, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin (injured)
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Brandan Wright.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — James Ennis and JaMychal Green’s $845k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — The no-package restrictions lift on Mario Chalmers and James Ennis.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Marc Gasol.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Russ Smith’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/1/16 — James Ennis’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Traded the rights to Janis Timma to Orlando Magic for Luke Ridnour
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Charlotte Hornets for Matt Barnes.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jarell Martin with the 25th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jon Leuer to Phoenix Suns for draft rights of Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandan Wright to a three-year, $17.1 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Jarell Martin to a $6.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Marc Gasol to a five-year, $113.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith $150k for 15/16.
- 7/25/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith’s $845k salary for 15/16.
- 8/18/15 — Signed Michael Holyfield to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Lazeric Jones to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Patrick Christopher to a $845k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/22/15 — Signed Dan Nwaelele to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Yakhouba Diawara to a non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/6/15 — Signed Sampson Carter to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/7/15 — Signed Alex Stepheson to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/27/15 — Picked up the team’s option on Jordan Adams (third-year).
- 11/10/15 — Renounced the rights to Gilbert Arenas, Leon Powe, Marcus Williams and Steven Hunter.
- 11/10/15 — Traded Beno Udrih and Jarnell Stokes to the Miami HEAT for Mario Chalmers and James Ennis.
Waived Players: Patrick Christopher, Dan Nwaelele, Michael Holyfield, Yakhouba Diawara, Sampson Carter, Alex Stepheson, Lazeric Jones, Ryan Hollins
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Jeff Bzdelik, Bob Thornton, Shawn Respert, Duane Ticknor, Jason March, John Townsend (player development)
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes (restricted, playing in Greece)
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy
- Nick Calathes — $1,147,276 (Early Bird)
- Keyon Dooling — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/12/15)