- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $1,393,019 (Vince Carter)
- Bi-Annual: $0 (Beno Udrih)
- Trade Exception (Donte Green, expiring 8/15/14) — $1,027,424
- Trade Exception (Tony Wroten Jr., expiring 8/22/14) — $1,160,040
- Trade Exception (Jerryd Bayless, expiring 1/6/15) — $3,135,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Mike Conley, Beno Udrih, Nick Calathes
SG: Courtney Lee, Tony Allen, Jamaal Franklin
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Vince Carter, Quincy Pondexter
F: Zach Randolph, Jon Leuer, Jordan Adams
C: Marc Gasol, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Jordan Adams (22nd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jarnell Stokes (2014-35th) from the Utah Jazz for a 2016 second-rounder.
- 6/27/14 — Zach Randolph opted into the final year of his contract, agreed to a two-year $20 million extension.
- 7/6/14 — Signed Jordan Adams to a $6.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/14 — Signed Vince Carter to a three-year, $12.3 million contract (third season $2 million guaranteed).
- 7/13/14 — Signed Beno Udrih to a two-year, $4.2 million contract (second season $923k guaranteed).
Waived Players: None
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jarnell Stokes (2014-35th), Janis Timma (2013-60th)
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive VP of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jeremy Pargo).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Jon Leuer).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (or cash) to Denver Nuggets (Antonio Daniels, Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (TBD) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Available. Only eligible player is Mike Conley.
The Grizzlies have $10.7 million in cap holds for former players (Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas, Steven Hunter, Marcus D. Williams and Leon Powe).
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/29/14)