Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 9/22/18) — $3,408,520
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,697,250
- Mid-Level Exception: $490,385 (Ben McLemore, Rade Zagorac, Dillon Brooks, Ivan Rabb)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Tyreke Evans)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Andrew Harrison, Tyreke Evans, Mario Chalmers, Kobi Simmons (two-way), Mike Conley (injured)
SG: Wayne Selden, Ben McLemore
SF: Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Myke Henry (two-way)
F: JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin, Ivan Rabb, Brice Johnson
C: Marc Gasol, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons (two-year), Myke Henry (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff (interim head coach)
Assistants: Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Greg Buckner, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Phoenix Suns (Troy Daniels).
- 2018 — Best of their own second-rounder, Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee) and Miami Heat’s (Chris Andersen). Orlando Magic will receive second-best pick (Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton) and Rockets will get lowest (Dillon Brooks).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/10/18 — Wayne Selden’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 9/22/18 — Troy Daniels trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Ivan Rabb.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Wayne Selden, Deyonta Davis and Andrew Harrison.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Ivan Rabb.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/19/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to JaMychal Green.
- 6/22/17 — Traded a Brooklyn Nets’ 2019 second-rounder to Orlando Magic for the rights to Ivan Rabb (35th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for the rights to Dillon Brooks (45th).
- 6/29/17 — Declined team option on Wayne Selden.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Kobi Simmons to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Jeremy Morgan to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (affiliate $50,000).
- 7/1/17 — Signed Wayne Selden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,857,562 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Ben McLemore to a two-year, $10,660,000 contract.
- 7/9/17 — Signed Tyreke Evans to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Rade Zagorac (2016-35th) to a three-year, $2,393,857 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Mario Chalmers to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $2,106,407 contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Dillon Brooks (2017-45th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 9/11/17 — Signed Vince Hunter to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 9/20/17 — Ivan Rabb (2017-35th) to a three-year, $3,946,762 contract, team option on final season.
- 9/22/17 — Traded Troy Williams and a 2018 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for a protected 2018 second-rounder.
- 9/27/17 — Signed JaMychal Green to a two-year $16.4 million contract.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Durand Scott to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/17/17 — Mario Chalmers’ $2,106,407 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 10/30/17 — Picked up team option on Jarell Martin.
- 11/27/17 — Fired Coach David Fizdale.
- 1/13/18 — Signed Myke Henry to a two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded James Ennis to Detroit Pistons for Brice Johnson and swap rights on a 2020 second-rounder
Waived Players: Jeremy Morgan, Durand Scott, Wade Baldwin, Rade Zagorac, Vince Hunter (two-way), Brandan Wright
Traded Players: Troy Daniels
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
Arena: FedEx Forum
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/22/18)