Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$26.1 million, depending on player option of Jeff Green and cap hold of Marc Gasol.
Draft Picks: 25th
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 1/12/16) — $3,146,068
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Marc Gasol, Kosta Koufos, Jeff Green (player option), Steven Hunter**
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes (restricted*)
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling**, Gilbert Arenas**, Marcus D. Williams**, Leon Powe**
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Jordan Adams (third-year)
Amnesty: Available. Only eligible player is Mike Conley.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Janis Timma (2013-60th)
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed, one option
PG: Mike Conley, Beno Udrih, Russ Smith
SG: Courtney Lee, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Jeff Green, Tony Allen
F: Zach Randolph, Jon Leuer, Jarnell Stokes, JaMychal Green
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1,319,236 to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
The Grizzlies have $10.7 million in cap holds for former players (Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas, Steven Hunter, Marcus D. Williams and Leon Powe).
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/2/15)