Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $668,019 (Vince Carter, Jarnell Stokes)
- Bi-Annual: $0 (Beno Udrih)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 1/12/16) — $3,146,068
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Mike Conley, Beno Udrih, Nick Calathes, Russ Smith
SG: Courtney Lee, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams
SF: Jeff Green, Tony Allen
F: Zach Randolph, Jon Leuer, Jarnell Stokes, Tyrus Thomas
C: Marc Gasol, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Quincy Pondexter)
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Jordan Adams (22nd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jarnell Stokes (2014-35th) from the Utah Jazz for a 2016 second-rounder.
- 6/27/14 — Zach Randolph opted into the final year of his contract, agreed to a two-year $20 million extension.
- 7/6/14 — Signed Jordan Adams to a $6.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/14 — Signed Vince Carter to a three-year, $12.3 million contract (third season $2 million guaranteed).
- 7/13/14 — Signed Beno Udrih to a two-year, $4.2 million contract (second season $923k guaranteed).
- 7/24/14 — Invited Patrick Christopher to camp on a non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 8/18/14 — Signed Jarnell Stokes to a three-year, $2.6 million partially-guaranteed contract.
- 9/2/14 — Invited Luke Hancock to camp on a non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/15/14 — Invited Earl Clark to camp on a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/16/14 — Invited Kalin Lucas to camp on a non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Hassan Whiteside to camp on a non-guaranteed $915k minimum contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Michael Beasley to camp on a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 11/4/14 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a one-year, $486k non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 11/19/14 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a one-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 11/19/14 — Signed Hassan Whiteside to a one-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 1/12/15 — Traded Tayshaun Prince, a protected 2017 first-rounder and $1.3 million to Boston Celtics and Quincy Pondeter and a 2015 second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans for Jeff Green and Russ Smith.
- 1/22/15 — Signed Tyrus Thomas to a $72k, 10-day contract.
Waived Players: Jamaal Franklin (via stretch provision), Michael Beasley, Luke Hancock, Hassan Whiteside (twice), Earl Clark, Kalin Lucas (three times), Patrick Christopher
- Bird: Steven Hunter*
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*, Gilbert Arenas*, Marcus D. Williams*, Leon Powe*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Janis Timma (2013-60th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1,319,236 to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Available. Only eligible player is Mike Conley.
The Grizzlies have $10.7 million in cap holds for former players (Keyon Dooling, Gilbert Arenas, Steven Hunter, Marcus D. Williams and Leon Powe).
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/22/15)