Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Mike Conley, Andrew Harrison, Jevon Carter, Kobi Simmons (two-way)
SG: Dillon Brooks, Wayne Selden, MarShon Brooks
SF: JaMychal Green, Garrett Temple, Chandler Parsons, Omri Casspi, Yuta Watanabe (two-way)
F: Kyle Anderson, Jaren Jackson Jr., Ivan Rabb
C: Marc Gasol, Jarell Martin
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Andrew Harrison $1,544,951
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 9/22/18) — $3,408,520
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,697,250
- Trade Exception (Deyonta Davis, expiring 7/17/19) — $1,544,951
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Kyle Anderson)
Waived Players: Omari Johnson, Myke Henry (two-way)
Traded Players: None
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
- Kyle Anderson — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach TBD)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons, Yuta Watanabe
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Jerry Stackhouse, Greg Buckner, Vitaly Potapenko, Nick Van Exel, J.J. Outlaw (assistant coach/player development), Kevin Burleson (assistant coach/player development)
Trainers: David Crewe (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1,544,951 to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/31/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 8/14/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jevon Carter.
- 9/19/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Garrett Temple.
- 9/22/18 — Troy Daniels trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Omri Casspi and Kyle Anderson.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Wayne Selden and Andrew Harrison.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/15/19 — Ivan Rabb’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Dillon Brooks, Jevon Carter and Ivan Rabb.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaren Jackson Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/1/18 — Hired J.B. Bickerstaff as head coach.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Jaren Jackson Jr. (4th) and Jevon Carter (32nd).
- 7/1/18 — Signed Jaren Jackson Jr. (2018-4th) to a $29,280,440 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Wayne Selden’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/6/18 — Signed restricted free agent Kyle Anderson (San Antonio Spurs) to a four-year, $37,156,300 offer sheet. The Spurs declined to match.
- 7/11/18 — Signed Omri Casspi to a one-year $2,176,260 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Jevon Carter (2018-32nd) to a two-year $2,255,316 contract.
- 7/17/18 — Renounced the rights to Mario Chalmers.
- 7/17/18 — Traded Deyonta Davis, Ben McLemore, a 2021 second-rounder and $1,544,951 to Sacramento Kings for Garrett Temple.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Yuta Watanabe to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: FedEx Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/20/18)