Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Mike Conley, Andrew Harrison, Kobi Simmons (two-way)
SG: Dillon Brooks, Wayne Selden, Ben McLemore, MarShon Brooks
SF: JaMychal Green, Chandler Parsons, Myke Henry (two-way)
F: Jarell Martin, Ivan Rabb, Omari Johnson
C: Marc Gasol, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Tyreke Evans ($3,948,000, non-Bird)
- Mario Chalmers ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Wayne Selden $1,544,951
- Andrew Harrison $1,544,951
- Omari Johnson $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 4th (cap hold $5,187,996), 32nd
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 9/22/18) — $3,408,520
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,697,250
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level Exception and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Marc Gasol — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: MarShon Brooks (signing restriction until 7/6/18), Omari Johnson (signing restriction until 7/6/18)
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Kobi Simmons, Myke Henry
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri, Bob Bender, Greg Buckner, Bob Thate (shooting coach)
Trainers: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- Ed Stefanski — executive vice president of player personnel
- John Hollinger — vice president, basketball operations
- Glynn Cyprien — basketball operations assistant
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on MarShon Brooks and Omari Johnson.
- 7/10/18 — Wayne Selden’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 9/22/18 — Troy Daniels trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Omari Johnson’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Ivan Rabb.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Wayne Selden, Deyonta Davis and Andrew Harrison.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Ivan Rabb.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020-21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020-21 salary sooner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/1/18 — Hired J.B. Bickerstaff as head coach.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: FedEx Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)