Memphis Grizzlies Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap; hard-capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): Up to $6.7 million
- Room Exception: $0 (James Ennis)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Rade Zagorac (2016-35th), Wang Zhelin (2016-57th)
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Vince Carter ($4,264,057 — $2,000,000 guaranteed), JaMychal Green ($980,431 — $200,000 guaranteed)
PG: Mike Conley, Andrew Harrison. Wade Baldwin
SG: Vince Carter, Troy Daniels, Jordan Adams
SF: Chandler Parsons, Tony Allen, James Ennis
F: Zach Randolph, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Jordan Adams ($2,410,057), Jarell Martin ($1,341,600)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
Eligible for Restructuring: Tony Allen
- 8/7/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Andrew Harrison
- 8/10/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Deyonta Davis.
- 8/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Wade Baldwin.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jordan Adams and Jarell Martin.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Chandler Parsons and Troy Daniels.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Mike Conley.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Tony Allen’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on JaMychal Green.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Jarell Martin and Wade Baldwin.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Wade Baldwin.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jarell Martin, Deyonta Davis and Andrew Harrison.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/19 — Andrew Harrison’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018/19.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Wade Baldwin.
- 1/10/21 — Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guarantees for 2020/21, unless he plays in 55 games in either the 2018/19 or 2019/20 seasons, which would lock in the 2020/21 salary sooner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/7/16 — Fired Dave Joerger.
- 5/29/16 — Hired Coach David Fizdale.
- 6/21/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Wade Baldwin (17th) and Wang Zhelin (57th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 Los Angeles Clippers first-rounder to Boston Celtics for the rights to Deyonta Davis (31st) and Rade Zagorac (35th)
- 6/24/16 — Claimed Tony Wroten off waivers (from New York Knicks).
- 6/29/16 — Declined options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Lance Stephenson, Matt Barnes, Chris Andersen, Jordan Farmar, Keyon Dooling, Bryce Cotton and P.J. Hairston.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Chandler Parsons to a four-year, $94.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Traded cash (TBD) to Charlotte Hornets for Troy Daniels, via sign and trade on a three-year, $10 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Deyonta Davis (2016-31st) to a three-year, $3.9 million contract.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guaranteed for $200k for 2016/17.
- 7/12/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Nick Calathes and Xavier Munford.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James Ennis to a two-year, $5.9 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Mike Conley to a five-year, $152.3 million contract, early termination option on final season.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Wade Baldwin (2016-17th) to a $8.6 million rookie-scale contract.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: David Fizdale (estimated four-year, $10.2 million deal, starting with 2016/17 season, team option on fourth year)
Assistants: J.B. Bickerstaff (associate head coach), Nick Van Exel, Keith Smart, Adam Mazaeri
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): TBD to Charlotte Hornets (Troy Daniels)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy (Chris Markis general manager and director of basketball operations, head coach Matt Woodley)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)