Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to 23.9 million
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
- Non-Bird: Steve Novak ($980,431 cap hold)
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
PG: Michael Carter-Williams, Matthew Dellavedova, Tyler Ennis
SG: Khris Middleton, Jason Terry, Malcolm Brogdon
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rashad Vaughn
PF: Jabari Parker, Mirza Teletovic
C: Greg Monroe, John Henson, Miles Plumlee, Thon Maker
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017-18 Rookie-Scale Options: Michael Carter-Williams, Giannis Antetokounmpo
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 8/29/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Malcolm Brogdon.
- 8/30/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jabari Parker, Tyler Ennis and Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Mirza Teletovic, Jason Terry and Matthew Dellavedova.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Miles Plumlee.
- 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Greg Monroe.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Rashad Vaughn and Thon Maker.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 6/30/18 – Qualifying offer deadlines for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Thon Maker.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rashad Vaughn.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/16 — Signed Jason Kidd to a contract extension.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Thon Maker (10th) and Malcolm Brogdon (36th, from New Orleans Pelicans).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Pat McCaw (38th) to Golden State Warriors for $2.4 million.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Miles Plumlee.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo and Greivis Vasquez.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Mirza Teletovic to a three-year, $31.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $200,000 and Matthew Dellavedova via sign and trade, signing a four-year, $38.4 million contract.
- 7/29/16 — Signed Malcolm Brogdon (2016-36th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,990,511 contract, with incentives TBD.
- 7/30/16 — Signed Thon Maker (2016-10th) to a $11.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed Miles Plumlee to a four-year, $50 million contract.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Jason Terry to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
Waived Players: Damien Inglis, Johnny O’Bryant
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014-15 season, extension through 2019-20 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney
Trainers: Scott Faust
- John Hammond — General Manager (contracted through 17-18 season)
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- Rod Thorn — Special Consultant
- Dave Babcock — Vice President of Player Personnel
- Craig Robinson — Vice President of Player and Organizational Development
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $200,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Matthew Dellavedova)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Drew Gooden
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/24/16)