Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the DJ Augustin contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jrue Holiday, DJ Augustin, Jaylen Adams (two-way)
SG: Donte DiVincenzo, Bryn Forbes, Sam Merrill, Torrey Craig (injured)
SF: Khris Middleton, Pat Connaughton, Jordan Nwora, Thanasis Antetokounmpo
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bobby Portis, Mamadi Diakite (two-way)
C: Brook Lopez, D.J. Wilson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (DJ Augustin, Bryn Forbes)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Bobby Portis)
Waived Players: Ersan Ilyasova, Justin Patton, EJ Montgomery, Nik Stauskas, Treveon Graham
Traded Players: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jaylen Adams, Mamadi Diakite
Governor: Marc Lasry
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Dave Dean — vice president of basketball operations
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Patrick Haneman — vice president, basketball strategy & analytics
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Charles Lee, Patrick St. Andrews, Chad Forcier, Ben Sullivan, Vin Baker, Mike Dunlap, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainer: Troy Flanagan (director of performance) Scott Faust (head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (George Hill, Ilkan Karaman, James Harden).
- 2022 — Forfeit second-rounder (Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2024 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2025 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Ilkan Karaman).
- 2026 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic (Jordan Nwora).
- 2027 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 2/6/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Bobby Portis, Torrey Craig, Bryn Forbes and DJ Augustin.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 3/3/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Pat Connaughton.
- 3/25/21 – Trade deadline.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for D.J. Wilson and Thanasis Antetokounmpo.
- 7/31/21 — Player options on Jrue Holiday, Bryn Forbes and Bobby Portis.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Sam Merrill’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22 (five days after the start of the 2021-22 moratorium).
- First day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sam Merrill, Donte DiVincenzo and Jordan Nwora.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on Pat Connaughton.
- 7/1/22 — DJ Augustin’s $7,333,333 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 9/22/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later that 2/24/21.
- 11/16/20 — Robin Lopez and Wesley Matthews opted out of their contracts.
- 11/18/20 — Traded a 2026 second-rounder and a protected 2021 second-rounder to the Orlando Magic for the 45th pick in 2020.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted RJ Hampton (2020-24th) and Jordan Nwora (2020-45th).
- 11/18/20 — Traded a 2025 second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for the rights to Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th) and the removal of protection on the 2022 first-rounder owed from the Bucks.
- 11/19/20 — Waived Ersan Ilyasova.
- 11/19/20 — Issued a qualifying offer to Frank Mason.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Sterling Brown and Cameron Reynolds.
- 11/21/20 — Revoked Frank Mason’s qualifying offer.
- 11/22/20 — Signed Jordan Nwora to a two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 11/23/20 — Traded the rights to RJ Hampton (2020-24th) to the Denver Nuggets, George Hill to the Oklahoma City Thunder, and Eric Bledsoe, 2025 and 2027 first-rounders, 2024 and 2026 swap rights to the New Orleans Pelicans for Jrue Holiday and the rights to Sam Merrill (2020-60th) from the Pelicans
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Pat Connaughton to a three-year $16 million, player option on the final season.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Mamadi Diakite to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year $4,791,147 contract (player option on final season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Bobby Portis to a two-year $7,427,150 contract (player option on the final season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Jaylen Adams to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/25/20 — Signed Torey Craig to a $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 11/27/20 — Signed DJ Augustin to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21 million contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Justin Patton to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a non-guaranteed $1,882,867 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Sam Merrill (2020-60th) to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed EJ Montgomery to a non-guarantees $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/1/20 — Signed Treveon Graham to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/15/20 — Re-signed Giannis Antetokounmpo to a five-year designated veteran extension at a projected $228,200,420 (player option on the final season). The exact salary to be determined at the start of the 2021-22 calendar year.
- 12/17/20 — Waived Justin Patton and EJ Montgomery.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Nik Stauskas and Treveon Graham.
- 12/21/20 — Forfeit 2022 second-rounder after NBA’s investigation into Bogdan Bogdanovic premature negotiation.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson elapsed.
- 12/23/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: None
- Early Bird: None
- Non-Bird: Kyle Korver ($1,620,564), Marvin Williams ($1,620,564), Frank Mason (two-way)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but no later than 2/24/21.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Arena: Fiserv Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/15/21)