Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$26.7 million
- Trade Exception (Jared Dudley, expiring 7/9/16) — $4,250,000
- Trade Exception (Zaza Pachulia, expiring 7/9/16) — $5,200,000
Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Draft Picks: 10th, 36th (from New Orleans Pelicans), 38th
- Bird: O.J. Mayo, Greivis Vasquez, Miles Plumlee (restricted)
- Early Bird: Jerryd Bayless
- Non-Bird: Steve Novak
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Damien Inglis ($980,431), Johnny O’Bryant ($980,431)
Qualifying Offers: Miles Plumlee ($3,113,318)
PG: Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis
SG: Khris Middleton, Rashad Vaughn
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF: Jabari Parker, John Henson, Johnny O’Bryant, Damien Inglis
C: Greg Monroe
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Michael Carter-Williams, Giannis Antetokounmpo
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Damien Inglis’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s 16/17 salary guarantees for $150k.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Miles Plumlee.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/9/16 — The Jared Dudley $4.3 million trade exception expires.
- 7/9/16 — The Zaza Pachulia $5.2 million trade exception expires.
- 7/13/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jabari Parker, Tyler Ennis and Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Greg Monroe.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Damien Inglis and Johnny O’Bryant.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 6/30/18 – Qualifying offer deadlines for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Rashad Vaughn.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rashad Vaughn.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Albert Miralles (2004-39th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Head Coach: Joe Prunty (interim); Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainers: Troy Flanagan, Suki Hobson (strength and conditioning)
- John Hammond — General Manager (contracted through 16/17 season)
- Rod Thorn — Special Consultant
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Drew Gooden
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/16)