Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$36.1 million
Estimated salaries: Charlie Westbrook
- Room: $1,664,000 (Chris Copeland)
- Trade Exception (Jared Dudley, expiring 7/9/16) — $4,250,000
- Trade Exception (Zaza Pachulia, expiring 7/9/16) — $5,200,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Michael Carter-Williams, Greivis Vasquez, Tyler Ennis, Jorge Gutierrez
SG: Khris Middleton, O.J. Mayo, Jerryd Bayless, Rashad Vaughn, Charlie Westbrook
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Chris Copeland, Marcus Landry
PF: Jabari Parker, Johnny O’Bryant, Damien Inglis
C: Greg Monroe, John Henson, Miles Plumlee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Jabari Parker (third-year), Tyler Ennis (third-year), Giannis Antetokounmpo (fourth-year), Michael Carter-Williams (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: John Henson, Miles Plumlee
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Team option for Jabari Parker, Tyler Ennis, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams.
- 11/2/15 — Extension deadline for John Henson and Miles Plumlee.
- 12/1/15 — Jorge Gutierrez’ 15/16 salary guarantees for $250K.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Greg Monroe, Marcus Landry, Charlie Westbrook and Chris Copeland.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Jorge Guiterrez’ $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Marcus Landry’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Khris Middleton.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Damien Inglis’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s 16/17 salary guarantees for $150k.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/9/16 — The Jared Dudley $4.3 million trade exception expires.
- 7/9/16 — The Zaza Pachulia $5.2 million trade exception expires.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/13/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/11/15 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova to Detroit Pistons for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Rashad Vaughn with the 17th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Norman Powell (2015-46th) and a 2017 first-rounder (via Los Angeles Clippers) to Toronto Raptors for Greivis Vasquez.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/15 — Jared Dudley opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Greg Monroe to a three-year, $51.7 million contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/9/15– Signed Khris Middleton to a five-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Zaza Pachulia to Dallas Mavericks for a 2018 protected (top-55) second-rounder.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Jared Dudley to Washington Wizards for a 2020 protected (top-55) second-rounder.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Rashad Vaughn (2015-17th) to a $8.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/29/15 — Signed Chris Copeland to a $1.2 million contract.
- 8/17/15 — Signed Marcus Landry to an $845k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Charlie Westbrook.
Waived Players: Caron Butler, Shawne Williams
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Albert Miralles (2004-39th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainers: Troy Flanagan, Suki Hobson (strength and conditioning)
- John Hammond — General Manager
- David Morway — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Right to swap second-rounder with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). May be New Orleans Pelicans second-rounder (top-55 protected, Hilton Armstrong).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Drew Gooden
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/3/15)