Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $27.8 million.
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Matthew Dellavedova, Trevon Duval (two-way)
SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell, Donte DiVincenzo, Jaylen Morris (two-way), Jodie Meeks (suspended)
SF: Khris Middleton, Sterling Brown, Pat Connaughton
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ersan Ilyasova, D.J. Wilson
C: Brook Lopez, John Henson, Thon Maker, Christian Wood
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jason Terry ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Marshall Plumlee (two-way, non-Bird)
- Christian Wood $1,512,601 ($100,000 guaranteed)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
- Trade Exception (Rashad Vaughn, expiring 2/5/19) — $1,889,040
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Ersan Ilyasova, Pat Connaughton)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Brook Lopez)
Waived Players: Brandon Jennings, Jordan Barnett, Brandon McCoy, Travis Trice, Ike Nwamu, James Young, Robert Johnson, Shabazz Muhammad, Tyler Zeller, Tim Frazier (claimed by the New Orleans Pelicans)
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Shabazz Muhammad (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Trevon Duval, Jaylen Morris
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Sean Sweeney, Josh Longstaff
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- Vin Baker — basketball operations associate/director of program development
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague) or Sacramento Kings, the higher pick between Milwaukee and Sacramento to Philadelphia, the Kings getting the lower.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Thon Maker and D.J. Wilson.
- 11/7/18 — Greg Monroe trade exception expires.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Ersan Ilyasova, Pat Connaughton and Brook Lopez.
- 12/15/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Jodie Meeks.
- 12/21/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Christian Wood.
- 1/10/19 — Christian Wood’s $1,512,601 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 2/5/19 — Rashad Vaughn trade exception expires.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,723,050 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Christian Wood’s salary guarantees at $822,679.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on D.J. Wilson and Donte DiVincenzo.
- 1/10/20 — Christian Wood’s $1,645,357 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Two days following the NBA Draft — Ersan Ilyasova’s $7 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Tony Snell.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Donte DiVincenzo.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/17/18 — Hired Coach Mike Budenholzer.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Donte DiVincenzo (17th).
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Jabari Parker, Marshall Plumlee and Xavier Munford.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/10/18 — Donte DiVincenzo (2018-17th) signed a $13,106,790 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked Marshall Plumlee’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Revoked Jabari Parker’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Jabari Parker.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21 million contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Brook Lopez to a one-year $3,382,000 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Travis Trice to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/24/18 — Signed Trevon Duval to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Jaylen Morris to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Signed Brandon McCoy to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/1/18 — Signed Pat Connaughton to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,364,050 minimum contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Jordan Barnett to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed James Young to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Robert Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/18 — Signed Ike Nwamu to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Revoked Xavier Munford’s qualifying offer and renounced his rights.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Tim Frazier to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Re-signed Shabazz Muhammad to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Christian Wood to a partially-guaranteed one-year $3,157,958 minimum contract.
- 10/15/18 — Traded a second-rounder (TBD) to the Washington Wizards for a Jodie Meeks, a second-rounder (TBD) and cash (TBD).
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Fiserv Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/17/18)