Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $32.6 million, less if Khris Middleton opts in.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one player option, three non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Donte DiVincenzo
SG: Tony Snell
SF: Pat Connaughton, Sterling Brown, Bonzie Colson Jr. (two-way)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ersan Ilyasova
C: D.J. Wilson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Khris Middleton (PO), Nikola Mirotic ($18,750,000), Malcolm Brogdon (RFA*, $1,931,189)
- Non-Bird: Brook Lopez ($4,058,400), Pau Gasol ($1,618,486), Tim Frazier ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- George Hill $18,000,000 ($1,000,000 guaranteed)
- Pat Connaughton $1,723,050
- Sterling Brown $1,618,520
2019 Draft Picks: 30th; Own 60th to the Sacramento Kings
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Bonzie Colson Jr.
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Sean Sweeney, Josh Longstaff
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- Vin Baker — basketball operations associate/director of program development
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2022 — Owe a protected (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) first-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Phoenix Suns obligation.
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $500,000 from Washington Wizards (Jason Smith) — $4,743,000 remaining
- 6/20/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — George Hill’s $18.0 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,723,050 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 9/4/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Eric Bledsoe.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on D.J. Wilson and Donte DiVincenzo.
- Two days following the NBA Draft — Ersan Ilyasova’s $7 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Tony Snell.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Donte DiVincenzo.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Fiserv Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)