Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): None
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Donte DiVincenzo, Frank Mason (two-way), Jaylen Adams
SG: Khris Middleton, Sterling Brown, Kyle Korver, Cameron Reynolds (two-way)
SF: Pat Connaughton, Wesley Matthews, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Rayjon Tucker
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ersan Ilyasova, Luke Maye, Dragan Bender
C: Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, D.J. Wilson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Robin Lopez)
- Dragan Bender $1,678,854 ($300,000 guaranteed)
- Jaylen Adams $1,445,697
- Luke Maye $898,310
- Rayjon Tucker $898,310
Waived Players: George Hill, Jon Leuer (stretched), Bonzie Colson Jr. (two-way)
Traded Players: Malcolm Brogdon (sign and trade)
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Cameron Reynolds, Frank Mason
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Sean Sweeney, Josh Longstaff, Chad Forcier
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- Vin Baker — basketball operations associate/director of program development
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to the Boston Celtics (Eric Bledsoe, Ty Jerome).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder (one year following the Indiana Pacers’ obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) from the Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Boston Celtics’ obligation.
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- First day of the regular season — Dragan Bender’s salary guarantees at $600,000.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on D.J. Wilson and Donte DiVincenzo.
- 12/1/19 — Dragan Bender’s salary guarantees at $800,000.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restriction on Dragan Bender, Rayjon Tucker, Jaylen Adams, George Hill, Luke Maye, Kyle Korver, Wesley Matthews, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez and Thanasis Antetokounmpo.
- 1/10/20 — Dragan Bender’s $1,678,854 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Jaylen Adams $1,445,697 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Rayjon Tucker and Luke Maye’s $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Khris Middleton.
- Two days following the NBA Draft — Ersan Ilyasova’s $7 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Player options on Robin Lopez and Wesley Matthews.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Rayjon Tucker, Sterling Brown, Jaylen Adams and Luke Maye.
- 7/6/20 — Dragan Bender’s $1,824,003 guarantees for 2020-21.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
- 7/1/21 — George Hill’s $10,047,297 guarantees for 2021-22.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Kevin Porter Jr. (30th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded Tony Snell and the rights to Kevin Porter Jr. (30th) to the Detroit Pistons for Jon Leuer.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — Waived George Hill.
- 7/1/19 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,723,050 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Sent Malcolm Brogdon, via sign and trade, on a four-year $85.0 million contract to the Indiana Pacers for a protected 2020 first-rounder and two second-rounders.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Brook Lopez to a four-year $52 million contract.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic and Tim Frazier.
- 7/8/19 — Waived and stretched Jon Leuer.
- 7/8/19 — Signed George Hill to a partially-guaranteed three-year $28,771,806.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed Khris Middleton to a five-year $177,500,000 contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/12/19– Signed Robin Lopez to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/12/19 — Signed Wesley Matthews to a two-year $5,257,744 minimum contract, player option on final season.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo to a two-year $3,147,290 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Luke Maye to a $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 9/10).
- 7/21/19 — Waived Bonzie Colson Jr. (two-way).
- 7/23/19 — Signed Cameron Reynolds to a two-way contract.
- 7/24/19 — Signed Frank Mason to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Kyle Korver to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Dragan Bender to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,502,857 contract.
- 8/15/19 — Signed Jaylen Adams to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/20/19 — Signed Rayjon Tucker to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Arena: Fiserv Forum
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/17/19)