Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap; hard capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
- Trade Exception (Tyler Ennis, expiring 9/22/17) — $1,733,880
- Trade Exception (Michael Carter-Williams, expiring 10/17/17) — $815,199
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Matthew Dellavedova, Malcolm Brogdon
SG: Tony Snell, Jason Terry, Rashad Vaughn, Khris Middleton (injured)
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Beasley, Steve Novak
PF: Jabari Parker, Mirza Teletovic
C: John Henson, Greg Monroe, Miles Plumlee, Thon Maker
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Miles Plumlee.
- 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Greg Monroe.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on Tony Snell.
- 10/17/16 — Michael Carter-Williams trade exception ($815,199) expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Rashad Vaughn and Thon Maker.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Jabari Parker.
- 6/30/18 – Qualifying offer deadline for Jabari Parker.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Thon Maker.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rashad Vaughn.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/16 — Signed Jason Kidd to a contract extension.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Thon Maker (10th) and Malcolm Brogdon (36th, from New Orleans Pelicans).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Pat McCaw (38th) to Golden State Warriors for $2.4 million.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Miles Plumlee.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo and Greivis Vasquez.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Mirza Teletovic to a three-year, $31.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $200,000 and Matthew Dellavedova via sign and trade, signing a four-year, $38.4 million contract.
- 7/29/16 — Signed Malcolm Brogdon (2016-36th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,990,511 contract, with incentives TBD.
- 7/30/16 — Signed Thon Maker (2016-10th) to a $11.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed Miles Plumlee to a four-year, $50 million contract.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Jason Terry to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 8/29/16 — Signed Steve Novak to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed J.J. O’Brien to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Orlando Johnson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/9/16 — Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,139,123 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Giannis Antetokounmpo to a four-year, $100 million extension.
- 9/22/16 — Traded Tyler Ennis to Houston Rockets for Michael Beasley.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Jaleel Roberts to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Jabari Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/17/16 — Traded Michael Carter-Williams to Chicago Bulls for Tony Snell.
- 10/19/16 — Picked up Jabari Parker’s fourth-year option.
- 10/29/16 — Picked up team option on Rashad Vaughn.
Waived Players: Damien Inglis, Johnny O’Bryant, Xavier Henry, Jabari Brown, Jaleel Roberts, J.J. O’Brien, Orlando Johnson
Traded Players: Tyler Ennis, Michael Carter-Williams
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Steve Novak (implicit)
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014-15 season, extension through 2019-20 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Stacey Augmon
Trainers: Scott Faust
- John Hammond — general manager (contracted through 17-18 season)
- Justin Zanik — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Craig Robinson — vice president of player and organizational development
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $200,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Matthew Dellavedova)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Drew Gooden
D-League Affiliate: None
Note: Cap holds will likely adjust upwards in new CBA.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/10/17)