Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Matthew Dellavedova, Brandon Jennings
SG: Tony Snell, Malcolm Brogdon, Donte DiVincenzo
SF: Khris Middleton, Sterling Brown
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ersan Ilyasova, D.J. Wilson
C: Brook Lopez, John Henson, Thon Maker, Tyler Zeller
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jason Terry ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Shabazz Muhammad ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Xavier Munford (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Marshall Plumlee (two-way, non-Bird)
- Brandon Jennings $2,222,803
- Tyler Zeller $1,933,941
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 11/7/18) — $3,384,176
- Trade Exception (Tyler Zeller, expiring 2/5/19) — $179,502
- Mid-Level Exception — $1,641,000 (Ersan Ilyasova)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Brook Lopez)
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Sean Sweeney, Josh Longstaff
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- Vin Baker — basketball operations associate/director of program development
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague) or Sacramento Kings, the higher pick between Milwaukee and Sacramento to Philadelphia, the Kings getting the lower.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/1/18 — Brandon Jennings’ $2,222,803 guarantees for 2018-19 (pushed back — TBD)
- 8/9/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Thon Maker and D.J. Wilson.
- 11/7/18 — Greg Monroe trade exception expires.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Ersan Ilyasova and Brook Lopez.
- 2/5/19 — Tyler Zeller trade exception expires.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on D.J. Wilson and Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Tony Snell.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Donte DiVincenzo.
- TBD — Ersan Ilyasova’s guarantee details for 2020-21.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/17/18 — Hired Coach Mike Budenholzer.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Donte DiVincenzo (17th).
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Jabari Parker, Marshall Plumlee and Xavier Munford.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/10/18 — Donte DiVincenzo (2018-17th) signed a $13,106,790 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked Marshall Plumlee’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Revoked Jabari Parker’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Jabari Parker.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21 million contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Brook Lopez to a one-year $3,382,000 contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: BMO Harris Bradley Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)