Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Matthew Dellavedova, Brandon Jennings
SG: Tony Snell, Malcolm Brogdon
SF: Khris Middleton, Sterling Brown
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, D.J. Wilson
C: John Henson, Thon Maker, Tyler Zeller
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jabari Parker (RFA, $20,347,176, full Bird)
- Jason Terry ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Shabazz Muhammad ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Xavier Munford (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Brandon Jennings $2,222,803
- Tyler Zeller $1,933,941
- Malcolm Brogdon $1,544,951
Draft Picks: 17th (cap hold $2,176,128); 45th to Brooklyn Nets (Tyler Zeller)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 11/7/18) — $3,384,176
- Trade Exception (Tyler Zeller, expiring 2/5/19) — $179,502
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-trade: Brandon Jennings (signing restriction through 7/1/18)
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Stacey Augmon
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague) or Sacramento Kings, the higher pick between Milwaukee and Sacramento to Philadelphia, the Kings getting the lower.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $1.9 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Sterling Brown)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 – Qualifying offer deadline on Jabari Parker.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/1/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Brandon Jennings.
- 7/1/18 — Brandon Jennings’ $2,222,803 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Thon Maker and D.J. Wilson.
- 11/7/18 — Greg Monroe trade exception expires.
- 2/5/19 — Tyler Zeller trade exception expires.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on D.J. Wilson.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Tony Snell.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/17/18 — Hired Coach Mike Budenholzer.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: BMO Harris Bradley Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)