Milwaukee Bucks Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap but can get under by $1.5 million by renouncing exceptions; hard capped
Hard Cap: $117,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $14.6 million
- Trade Exception (Tyler Ennis, expiring 9/22/17) — $1,733,880
- Trade Exception (Michael Carter-Williams, expiring 10/17/17) — $815,199
- Trade Exception (Miles Plumlee, expiring 2/2/18) — $1,151,241
- Trade Exception (Roy Hibbert, expiring 2/23/18) — $5,000,000
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Spencer Hawes (PO, $12,062,640), Tony Snell (RFA, $5,920,817)
- Early Bird: Greg Monroe (PO, $22,289,589)
- Non-Bird: Michael Beasley ($1,471,382), Jason Terry ($1,471,382)
- Gary Payton II $1,312,611
2017 Draft Picks: 17th ($2,135,040 cap hold), 48th
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two player options
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, Matthew Dellavedova, Gary Payton II
SG: Khris Middleton, Rashad Vaughn
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF: Jabari Parker, Mirza Teletovic
C: Thon Maker, John Henson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/22/17 — Player option on Greg Monroe.
- 6/26/17 — Player option for Spencer Hawes.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on Tony Snell.
- 7/2/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Gary Payton II.
- 10/17/17 — Michael Carter-Williams trade exception expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Rashad Vaughn and Thon Maker.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Jabari Parker.
- 1/1/18 or two months following opening night — Gary Payton’s contract guarantees for $452,625.
- 1/10/18 — Gary Payton’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 2/2/18 — Miles Plumlee trade exception expires.
- 2/23/18 — Roy Hibbert trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 – Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Payton II and Jabari Parker.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Thon Maker.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rashad Vaughn.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014-15 season, extension through 2019-20 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Stacey Augmon
Trainers: Scott Faust
- John Hammond — general manager (contracted through 17-18 season)
- Justin Zanik — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Craig Robinson — vice president of player and organizational development
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $200,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Matthew Dellavedova)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/17)