Quick: Over the cap
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Michael Carter-Williams, expiring 10/17/17) — $815,199
- Trade Exception (Miles Plumlee, expiring 2/2/18) — $1,151,241
- Trade Exception (Roy Hibbert, expiring 2/23/18) — $5,000,000
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 11/7/18) — $3,384,176
- Mid-Level Exception: $7,590,385 (Sterling Brown)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
- DeAndre Liggins $1,577,230
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon, Jason Terry, Rashad Vaughn, Sterling Brown
SF: Tony Snell, DeAndre Liggins
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mirza Teletovic, D.J. Wilson, Jabari Parker (injured)
C: John Henson, Thon Maker
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Gary Payton II (one-year), Joel Bolomboy (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-trade: Jason Terry (implicit)
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014-15 season, extension through 2019-20 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Stacey Augmon
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (11-16 range, 4-16 range in 2019, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-48 protected) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $1.9 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Sterling Brown)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/18/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jason Terry.
- 1/7/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Eric Bledsoe.
- 1/10/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Liggins.
- 1/10/18 — DeAndre Liggins’ $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Tony Snell.
- 2/2/18 — Miles Plumlee trade exception expires.
- 2/23/18 — Roy Hibbert trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 – Qualifying offer deadline on Jabari Parker.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Thon Maker and D.J. Wilson.
- 11/7/18 — Greg Monroe trade exception expires.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Brogdon.
- 7/1/19 — Sterling Brown’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on D.J. Wilson.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Tony Snell.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Thon Maker.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/17 — Greg Monroe opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted D.J Wilson (17th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Sindarius Thornwell (48th) to Los Angeles Clippers for $2.0 million.
- 6/26/17 — Spencer Hawes opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/27/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Tony Snell.
- 7/6/17 — Traded $1.9 million to Philadelphia 76ers for Sterling Brown (2017-46th).
- 7/6/17 — Signed Sterling Brown (2017-46th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed JeQuan Lewis to an $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed D.J. Wilson (2017-17th) to a $12,178,720 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Bronson Koenig to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Jalen Moore to a two-year, two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 7/31/17 — Signed Tony Snell to a four-year, $46.0 million contract with unlikely incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 9/6/17 — Signed James Young to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Jason Terry to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 9/19/17 — Signed Brandon Rush to non-guaranteed one-year, $2,116,955 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Kendall Marshall to non-guaranteed one-year, $2,116,955 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Gerald Green to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Joel Anthony to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/6/17 — Signed Xavier Munford to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/16/17 — Claimed DeAndre Liggins off waivers (Miami HEAT).
- 10/17/17 — Signed Gary Payton II to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 10/20/17 — Signed Joel Bolomboy to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 10/31/17 — Picked up the team option on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/17 — Declined the team option on Rashad Vaughn.
- 11/7/17 — Traded Greg Monroe, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a protected 2018 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Eric Bledsoe.
Waived Players: Spencer Hawes (stretched), Jalen Moore (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed), Bronson Koenig (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed), James Young, Kendall Marshall, Brandon Rush, Joel Anthony, Gary Payton II, Gerald Green, Xavier Munford
Traded Players: Greg Monroe
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Arena: BMO Harris Bradley Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/17)