|Larry Sanders (stretched)||$1,865,547|
|Jared Cunningham (expired 10-day)||$55,722|
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$24.1 million
- Room: $1,664,000 (partially used on Chris Copeland)
- Trade Exception (Jared Dudley, expiring 7/9/16) — $4,250,000
- Trade Exception (Zaza Pachulia, expiring 7/9/16) — $5,200,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jerryd Bayless, Tyler Ennis, Greivis Vasquez (injured), O.J. Mayo (injured), Michael Carter-Williams (injured)
SG: Khris Middleton, Rashad Vaughn
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Steve Novak (injured)
PF: Jabari Parker, John Henson, Johnny O’Bryant, Damien Inglis
C: Greg Monroe, Miles Plumlee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Damien Inglis’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s 16/17 salary guarantees for $150k.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Miles Plumlee.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/9/16 — The Jared Dudley $4.3 million trade exception expires.
- 7/9/16 — The Zaza Pachulia $5.2 million trade exception expires.
- 7/13/16 — Johnny O’Bryant’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jabari Parker, Tyler Ennis and Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Greg Monroe.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Michael Carter-Williams, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Damien Inglis and Johnny O’Bryant.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Rashad Vaughn.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 6/30/18 – Qualifying offer deadlines for Jabari Parker and Tyler Ennis.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Rashad Vaughn.
- 2019 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/19 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rashad Vaughn.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/11/15 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova to Detroit Pistons for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Rashad Vaughn with the 17th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Norman Powell (2015-46th) and a 2017 first-rounder (via Los Angeles Clippers) to Toronto Raptors for Greivis Vasquez.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Khris Middleton.
- 6/30/15 — Jared Dudley opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Greg Monroe to a three-year, $51.7 million contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/9/15– Signed Khris Middleton to a five-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Zaza Pachulia to Dallas Mavericks for a 2018 protected (top-55) second-rounder.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Jared Dudley to Washington Wizards for a 2020 protected (top-55) second-rounder.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Rashad Vaughn (2015-17th) to a $8.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/29/15 — Signed Chris Copeland to a $1.2 million contract.
- 8/17/15 — Signed Marcus Landry to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Charlie Westbrook to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Jon Horford to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Josh Powell to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/15 — Signed John Henson to a four-year, $48 million extension, including $4 million signing bonus and $4 million in unlikely incentives.
- 10/26/15 — Picked up options on Jabari Parker (third-year), Tyler Ennis (third-year), Giannis Antetokounmpo (fourth-year) and Michael Carter-Williams (fourth-year).
- 2/21/16 — Signed Steve Novak for the rest of the season at $425k.
- 3/16/16 — Signed Jared Cunningham to a 10-day, $57,726 contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Pat McCaw (38th) to Golden State Warriors for $2.4 million.
Waived Players: Caron Butler, Shawne Williams, Jon Horford, Charlie Westbrook, Marcus Landry, Jorge Gutierrez, Josh Powell, Chris Copeland, Jared Cunningham (expired 10-day)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Albert Miralles (2004-39th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Head Coach: Joe Prunty (interim); Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainers: Troy Flanagan, Suki Hobson (strength and conditioning)
- John Hammond — General Manager (contracted through 16/17 season)
- Rod Thorn — Special Consultant
- 2016 — Right to swap second-rounder with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). May be New Orleans Pelicans second-rounder (top-55 protected, Hilton Armstrong).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $2.4 million from Golden State Warriors (Pat McCaw)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Drew Gooden
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks