Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $49.6 million.
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jeff Teague, Derrick Rose, Tyus Jones
SG: Jimmy Butler, Josh Okogie, Jarred Terrell (two-way)
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Keita Bates-Diop, C.J. Williams (two-way), James Nunnally
PF: Taj Gibson, Anthony Tolliver, Luol Deng
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Gorgui Dieng, Justin Patton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jamal Crawford ($5,193,600, non-Bird)
- Aaron Brooks ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Marcus Georges-Hunt ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Anthony Brown (two-way, non-Bird)
- James Nunnally $1,349,383 ($350,000 guaranteed)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $2,052,536 (Anthony Tolliver, Keita Bates-Diop)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Cole Aldrich (stretched)
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Derrick Rose (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (director of basketball operations Sean Dwyer, Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jared Terrell, C.J. Williams
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau
Assistants: Ryan Saunders, Andy Greer, Ed Pinckney, John Lucas III (player development coach)
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Tom Thibodeau — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Tyus Jones, Anderson Varejao, Gary Trent Jr.) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson), the higher pick to the Blazers.
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Luol Deng, James Nunnally and Anthony Tolliver.
- 1/10/19 — James Nunnally’s $1,349,383 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Jimmy Butler.
- 6/29/19 — James Nunnally’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for James Nunnally.
- 7/7/20 — Keita Bates-Diop’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 8/5/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Keita Bates-Diop.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Justin Patton.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justin Patton and Keita Bates-Diop.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/18/18 — Jamal Crawford opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Josh Okogie (20th) and Keita Bates-Diop (48th).
- 6/28/18 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nemanja Bjelica.
- 7/2/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Nemanja Bjelica.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Josh Okogie (2018-20th) to an $11,430,344 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Re-signed Derrick Rose to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/5/18 — Signed Jared Terrell to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Keita Bates-Diop (2018-48th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year, $5,750,000 contract.
- 7/31/18 — Signed C.J. Williams to a two-way contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed James Nunnally to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,937,614 contract.
- 9/10/18 — Signed Luol Deng to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Target Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/11/18)