- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Minnesota Timberwolves Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Ricky Rubio
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, Anthony Bennett
- Mid-Level: $1,555,000 million (Mo Williams)
- Trade Exception (Derrick Williams, expiring 11/26/14) — $428,576
- Trade Exception (Kevin Love, expiring 8/23/15) — $6,308,193
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ricky Rubio, Mo Williams, J.J Barea
SG: Kevin Martin, Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger, Robbie Hummel
PF: Thaddeus Young, Anthony Bennett
C: Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng, Ronny Turiaf
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Zach LaVine (13th) and Glenn Robinson III (40th) in the 2014 NBA Draft
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Markel Brown (2014-44th).
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Houston Rockets for the rights to Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd).
- 7/7/14 — Signed Zach LaVine to a $9.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/22/14 — Signed Robbie Hummel to a one-year, $880k contract.
- 7/29/14 — Signed Mo Williams to a one-year, $3.75 million contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Kevin Love to Cleveland Cavaliers, and Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved to Philadelphia 76ers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young
Waived Players: None
- Bird: Dante Cunningham
- Non-Bird: Othyus Jeffers
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Glen Robinson III (2014-40th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Nemanja Bjelica (2010-35th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Head Coach: Flip Saunders
- Flip Saunders — President of Basketball Operations and Minority Owner
- Milt Newton — General Manager
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2016 else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) to Phoenix Suns (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Corey Brewer).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (lower pick between Minnesota and Denver Nuggets) to Houston Rockets (Tanguy Ngombo, Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from New Orleans Pelicans (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Darko Milicic.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/27/14)