Minnesota Timberwolves Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $1,271,633 (Mo Williams, Lorenzo Brown)
- Trade Exception (Kevin Love, expiring 8/23/15) — $6,308,193
- Trade Exception (Corey Brewer, expiring 12/19/15) — $2,847,180
- Trade Exception (Ronny Turiaf, expiring 12/19/15) — $1,500,000
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 2/10/16) — $500,000
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 2/10/16) — $816,482
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ricky Rubio, Zach LaVine
SG: Kevin Martin, Gary Neal, Lorenzo Brown, Shabazz Muhammad (injured)
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Chase Budinger, Glenn Robinson III, Robbie Hummel (inured)
PF: Kevin Garnett, Anthony Bennett, Adreian Payne
C: Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Flip Saunders
- Flip Saunders — President of Basketball Operations and Minority Owner
- Milt Newton — General Manager
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (31-49 range) from Sacramento Kings (Jason Terry, Corey Brewer).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Corey Brewer).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2016 else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) to Phoenix Suns (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (lower pick between Minnesota and Denver Nuggets) to Philadelphia 76ers (Tanguy Ngombo, Thomas Robinson, K.J. McDaniels).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-45 protected) from Houston Rockets (Corey Brewer).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from New Orleans Pelicans (Brad Miller).
- 2017 — Owe first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Zach LaVine (13th) and Glenn Robinson III (40th) in the 2014 NBA Draft
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Markel Brown (2014-44th).
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Houston Rockets for the rights to Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd).
- 7/7/14 — Signed Zach LaVine to a $9.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/22/14 — Signed Robbie Hummel to a one-year, $880k contract.
- 7/29/14 — Signed Mo Williams to a one-year, $3.75 million contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Kevin Love to Cleveland Cavaliers, and Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved to Philadelphia 76ers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young
- 8/29/14 — Invited Brady Heslip to training camp with a $507k minimum contract.
- 9/2/14 — Invited Kyrylo Fesenko to training camp with a $1.1 million contract.
- 9/16/14 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a one-year, partially guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Anthony Bennett’s third-year option.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Shabazz Muhammad’s third-year option.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Gorgui Dieng’s third-year option.
- 10/31/14 — Signed Ricky Rubio to a four-year, $55 million contract.
- 11/29/14 — Signed Jeff Adrien to a one-year, $796k non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 12/19/14 — Traded Corey Brewer to Houston Rockets and Ronny Turiaf to Philadelphia 76ers for Troy Daniels, a 2015 second-rounder (Sacramento Kings), a 2016 second-rounder (Rockets) and $1 million from Houston.
- 1/8/15 — Signed Miroslav Raduljica to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 1/19/15 — Signed Miroslav Raduljica to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 1/28/15 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 2/6/15 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 2/10/15 — Traded protected first-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Adreian Payne.
- 2/10/15 — Traded Mo Williams, Troy Daniels and $345k to Charlotte Hornets for Gary Neal and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Thaddeus Young to Brooklyn Nets for Kevin Garnett.
- 2/19/15 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a two-year partially-guaranteed, $1.2 million contract.
Waived Players: Kyrylo Fesenko, Brady Heslip, J.J Barea, Jeff Adrien, Miroslav Raduljica (exp. 10-day)
- Non-Bird: Othyus Jeffers
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Nemanja Bjelica (2010-35th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $344,562 to Charlotte Hornets (Mo Williams)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1 million from Houston Rockets (Corey Brewer).
Amnesty: Used on Darko Milicic.
Othyus Jeffers — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/26/15)