Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague
SG: Robert Covington, Josh Okogie, Cameron Reynolds
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Keita Bates-Diop
PF: Dario Saric
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Gorgui Dieng
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Justin Patton, expiring 11/12/19) — $2,667,600)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Taj Gibson $18,200,000, Jerryd Bayless $16,294,240, Tyus Jones (RFA*, $7,332,159)
- Early Bird: Derrick Rose $1,618,486
- Non-Bird: Anthony Tolliver ($6,900,000), Luol Deng ($1,618,486), Mitchell Creek (RFA*, $1,643,842), Jared Terrell (two-way), C.J. Williams (two-way), Aaron Brooks** ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Cameron Reynolds $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 11th, 43rd (from the Miami HEAT); Own 40th to the Sacramento Kings
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Waived Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (general manager Todd Checovich, Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Interim Head Coach: Ryan Saunders
Assistants: Ed Pinckney, John Lucas III (player development coach), Malik Allen, Larry Greer, Jerry Sichting
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Gersson Rosas — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2022 — Owed the higher second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers or Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/19/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Cameron Reynolds.
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Tyus Jones and Mitchell Creek.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/19 — Cameron Reynolds’ salary guarantees at $50,000.
- 10/1/19 — Cameron Reynolds’ salary guarantees at $100,000.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Dario Saric.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Josh Okogie.
- 1/10/20 — Cameron Reynolds’ salary guarantees at $1,416,852 for 2019-20.
- 11/12/19 — Justin Patton trade exception expires.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dario Saric.
- 7/7/20 — Keita Bates-Diop’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Josh Okogie.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Keita Bates-Diop and Cameron Reynolds.
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Josh Okogie.
- 6/30/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Josh Okogie.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/12/19 — Jeff Teague opted into the final year of his contract.
- 5/3/19 — Hired Gersson Rosas as president of basketball operations.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 11th and 43rd (from the Miami HEAT) picks in the draft lottery.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Target Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)