Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $0 (Jamal Crawford)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, Derrick Rose, Aaron Brooks
SG: Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Georges-Hunt, Jimmy Butler (injured)
SF: Nemanja Bjelica, Anthony Brown (two-way)
PF: Taj Gibson, Amile Jefferson (two-way)
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Gorgui Dieng, Cole Aldrich, Justin Patton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Anthony Brown (one year), Amile Jefferson (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau
Assistants: Ryan Saunders, Andy Greer, Rick Brunson, Ed Pinckney, Peter Patton (shooting coach), Vince Legarza (player development coach), John Lucas III (player development coach)
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach), David Crewe (head strength and conditioning coach/assistant athletic trainer)
- Tom Thibodeau — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Tyus Jones, Anderson Varejao) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson), the higher pick to the Blazers.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received (5.1 million max): $0
- 6/20/18 — Cole Aldrich’s $6,956,021 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Nemanja Bjelica and Marcus Georges-Hunt.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Justin Patton.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Patton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/17 — Waived Nikola Pekovic, who is medically retired, removing his salary from both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the rights to Lauri Markkanen (7th) to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler and the rights to Justin Patton (16th).
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Shabazz Muhammad.
- 6/30/17 — Traded Ricky Rubio to Utah Jazz for a 2018 first-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder.
- 7/10/17 — Renounced the rights to Tayshaun Prince, Brandon Rush, Adreian Payne, Othyus Jeffers, Omri Casspi and Shabazz Muhammad.
- 7/4/17 — Signed Justin Patton (2017-16th) to a $12,814,166 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Jeff Teague to a three-year, $57.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Taj Gibson to a two-year $28 million contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Jamal Crawford to a two-year, $8,872,400 contract, player option on second season.
- 8/1/17 — Signed Anthony Brown to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/10/17 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 contract.
- 9/14/17 — Signed Shabazz Muhammad to a two-year, $3,372,245 contract, player option on final season.
- 9/16/17 — Signed Melo Trimble to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/17/17 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 10/11/17 — Signed Andrew Wiggins to a five-year, designated rookie-scale extension at a projected $146,450,000.
- 10/13/17 — Signed Shawne Williams to a one-year, non-guaranteed $2,106,470 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/15/17 — Picked up team options on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 10/18/17 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s salary guaranteed at $275,000.
- 1/10/18 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 3/8/18 — Signed Derrick Rose for the rest of the season at $418,607.
Waived Players: Nikola Pekovic, Jordan Hill, Shawne Williams, Melo Trimble, Amile Jefferson, Shabazz Muhammad
Traded Players: Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, Ricky Rubio
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Arena: Target Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/23/18)