Minnesota Timberwolves Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Ricky Rubio
- Mid-Level: $1,555,000 million (Mo Williams)
- Trade Exception (Derrick Williams, expiring 11/26/14) — $428,576
- Trade Exception (Kevin Love, expiring 8/23/15) — $6,308,193
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, one camp invites
PG: Ricky Rubio, Mo Williams, J.J Barea, Brady Heslip
SG: Kevin Martin, Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger, Robbie Hummel, Glenn Robinson III
PF: Thaddeus Young, Anthony Bennett
C: Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng, Ronny Turiaf
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Zach LaVine (13th) and Glenn Robinson III (40th) in the 2014 NBA Draft
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Markel Brown (2014-44th).
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Houston Rockets for the rights to Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd).
- 7/7/14 — Signed Zach LaVine to a $9.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/22/14 — Signed Robbie Hummel to a one-year, $880k contract.
- 7/29/14 — Signed Mo Williams to a one-year, $3.75 million contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Kevin Love to Cleveland Cavaliers, and Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved to Philadelphia 76ers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young
- 8/29/14 — Invited Brady Heslip to training camp with a $507k minimum contract.
- 9/2/14 — Invited Kyrylo Fesenko to training camp with a $1.1 million contract.
- 9/16/14 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a one-year, partially guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Anthony Bennett’s third-year option.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Shabazz Muhammad’s third-year option.
- 10/19/14 — Picked up Gorgui Dieng’s third-year option.
Waived Players: Kyrylo Fesenko
- Bird: Dante Cunningham
- Non-Bird: Othyus Jeffers
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Nemanja Bjelica (2010-35th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Head Coach: Flip Saunders
- Flip Saunders — President of Basketball Operations and Minority Owner
- Milt Newton — General Manager
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2016 else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) to Phoenix Suns (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Corey Brewer).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (lower pick between Minnesota and Denver Nuggets) to Houston Rockets (Tanguy Ngombo, Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from New Orleans Pelicans (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Darko Milicic.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/20/14)