Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $12.5 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Jamal Crawford)
- Marcus Georges-Hunt $1,312,611
- Amile Jefferson $815,615
- Melo Trimble $815,615
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Aaron Brooks, Tyus Jones, Melo Trimble
SG: Jimmy Butler, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Georges-Hunt
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Shabazz Muhammad
PF: Gorgui Dieng, Taj Gibson, Nemanja Bjelica, Amile Jefferson
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Cole Aldrich, Justin Patton (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Anthony Brown (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- Shabazz Muhammad — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-trade: Shabazz Muhammad (implicit)
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau
Assistants: Ryan Saunders, Andy Greer, Rick Brunson, Ed Pinckney, Peter Patton (shooting coach), Vince Legarza (player development coach), John Lucas III (player development coach)
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach), David Crewe (head strength and conditioning coach/assistant athletic trainer)
- Tom Thibodeau — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Tyus Jones), may convey to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received (5.1 million max): $0
- 10/18/17 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s salary guarantees at $275,000.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kris Dunn, Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shabazz Muhammad, Marcus Georges-Hunt, Jamal Crawford, Taj Gibson and Jeff Teague.
- 12/16/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Melo Trimble.
- 12/17/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Amile Jefferson.
- 12/21/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Aaron Brooks.
- 1/10/18 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Melo Trimble and Amile Jefferson’s $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/20/18 — Cole Aldrich’s $6,956,021 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Shabazz Muhammad.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Andrew Wiggins, Nemanja Bjelica, Amile Jefferson, Melo Trimble and Marcus Georges-Hunt.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Justin Patton.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Patton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/17 — Waived Nikola Pekovic, who is medically retired, removing his salary from both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the rights to Lauri Markkanen (7th) to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler and the rights to Justin Patton (16th).
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Shabazz Muhammad.
- 6/30/17 — Traded Ricky Rubio to Utah Jazz for a 2018 first-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder.
- 7/10/17 — Renounced the rights to Tayshaun Prince, Brandon Rush, Adreian Payne, Othyus Jeffers, Omri Casspi and Shabazz Muhammad.
- 7/4/17 — Signed Justin Patton (2017-16th) to a $12,814,166 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Jeff Teague to a three-year, $57.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Taj Gibson to a two-year $28 million contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Jamal Crawford to a two-year, $8,872,400 contract, player option on second season.
- 8/1/17 — Signed Anthony Brown to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/10/17 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 contract.
- 9/14/17 — Signed Shabazz Muhammad to a two-year, $3,372,245 contract, player option on final season.
- 12/16/17 — Signed Melo Trimble to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 12/17/17 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 12/21/17 — Signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
Waived Players: Nikola Pekovic, Jordan Hill
Traded Players: Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, Ricky Rubio
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Target Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/3/17)