Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one player option, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones
SG: Jimmy Butler, Jamal Crawford (PO)
SF: Andrew Wiggins
PF: Taj Gibson
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Gorgui Dieng, Cole Aldrich, Justin Patton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Nemanja Bjelica (RFA, $7,504,998, full Bird)
- Jamal Crawford (PO, $5,193,600, non-Bird)
- Aaron Brooks ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Derrick Rose ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Amile Jefferson (RFA $1,537,872 or UFA $1,337,872, non-Bird)
- Anthony Brown (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Cole Aldrich $6,956,021 ($2,056,021 guaranteed)
Draft Picks: 20th from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio, cap hold $1,895,183), 48th; 19th to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Poison Pill: Andrew Wiggins ($7,574,323 outgoing, $25,670,721 to incoming team, through 7/1/18)
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (director of basketball operations Sean Dwyer, Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau
Assistants: Ryan Saunders, Andy Greer, Ed Pinckney, John Lucas III (player development coach)
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach), David Crewe (head strength and conditioning coach/assistant athletic trainer)
- Tom Thibodeau — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Tyus Jones, Anderson Varejao) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson), the higher pick to the Blazers.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received (5.1 million max): $0
- 6/20/18 — Cole Aldrich’s $6,956,021 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Amile Jefferson, Nemanja Bjelica and Marcus Georges-Hunt.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Jimmy Butler.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Justin Patton.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Justin Patton.
- 6/30/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justin Patton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Target Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)