Minnesota Timberwolves Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: None
Draft Picks: 1st, 31st, 36th
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Kevin Love, expiring 8/23/15) — $6,308,193
- Trade Exception (Corey Brewer, expiring 12/19/15) — $2,847,180
- Trade Exception (Ronny Turiaf, expiring 12/19/15) — $1,500,000
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 2/10/16) — $500,000
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 2/10/16) — $816,482
- Bird: Kevin Garnett
- Early Bird: Gary Neal, Justin Hamilton (restricted*), Robbie Hummel (restricted*)
- Non-Bird: Arinze Onuaku (restricted*), Othyus Jeffers**
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Andrew Wiggins (third-year), Zach LaVine (third-year), Adreian Payne (third-year), Anthony Bennett (fourth-year), Gorgui Dieng (fourth-year), Shabazz Muhammad (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Used on Darko Milicic.
- 4/29/15 — Chase Budinger opted into his contract for 2015/16.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Nemanja Bjelica (2010-35th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Ricky Rubio, Zach LaVine
SG: Kevin Martin, Shabazz Muhammad, Lorenzo Brown
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Chase Budinger
PF: Adreian Payne, Anthony Bennett
C: Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Flip Saunders
- Flip Saunders — President of Basketball Operations and Minority Owner
- Milt Newton — General Manager
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-45 protected) from Houston Rockets (Corey Brewer).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2016 else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) to Boston Celtics (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson, Brandan Wright).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from New Orleans Pelicans (Brad Miller).
- 2017 — Owe first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $344,562 to Charlotte Hornets (Mo Williams)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1 million from Houston Rockets (Corey Brewer).
Othyus Jeffers — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/20/15)