New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
- Room: $732,000 (John Salmons)
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
Roster Space: 14 guaranteed
PG: Tyreke Evans, Norris Cole, Jrue Holiday (injured)
SG: Eric Gordon, Jimmer Fredette
SF: Luke Babbitt, Quincy Pondexter, Dante Cunningham
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Jeff Withey, Justin Hamilton
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Monty Williams (four-year extension given before 2012/13 season)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Quincy Pondexter).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Philadelphia 76ers (Hasheem Thabeet, Ish Smith).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Houston Rockets (Omer Asik).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Chris Paul, Nick Young, Eric Maynor).
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
- 6/22/14 — Acquired the rights to Russ Smith (2014-47th) from the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Pierre Jackson (2013-42nd).
- 7/11/14 — Traded a Clippers’ 2016 conditional second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Alonzo Gee.
- 7/13/14 — Acquired Scotty Hopson from the Charlotte Hornets for $75k.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson and a 2015-protected first-rounder to the Houston Rockets, along with Melvin Ely to the Washington Wizards, for Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and $1.5 million.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Russ Smith to a three-year, $2.3 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/19/14 — Signed Patrick Young to a two-year, $1.4 million partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Jimmer Fredette to an estimated $948k contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Darius Miller to a two-year, $1.9 partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 8/11/14 — Signed John Salmons to a one-year, $2 million contract. Contract not approved by NBA.
- 8/22/14 — Signed John Salmons to a revised, one-year, $2 million contract.
- 9/10/14 — Invited Dionte Christmas to camp on an $816k non-guaranteed contract.
- 9/10/14 — Invited Kevin Jones to camp on an $816k non-guaranteed contract.
- 9/10/14 — Invited Vernon Macklin to camp on an $816k non-guaranteed contract.
- 10/1/14 — Invited D.J. Stephens to camp on an $816k non-guaranteed contract.
- 10/24/14 — Picked up Anthony Davis’ fourth-year option.
- 12/4/14 — Signed Dante Cunningham to a one-year, $831,942 non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 12/4/14 — Signed Gel Mekel to a two-year, $1.6 million non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 1/12/15 — Traded Austin Rivers to Boston Celtics and Russ Smith to Memphis Grizzlies for Quincy Pondexter and a Grizzlies’ 2015 second-rounder.
- 1/14/15 — Signed Nate Wolters to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 1/24/15 — Signed Nate Wolters to a $48k, 10-day contract.
- 2/4/15 — Signed Toney Douglas to a $62.6k, 10-day contract.
- 2/18/15 — Signed Toney Douglas to a $62.6k, 10-day contract.
- 2/19/15 — Traded a 2016-second rounder (Sacramento Kings) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Ish Smith, a 2015 second-rounder (Philadelphia 76ers), $801k and the rights to Latavious Williams.
- 2/19/15 — Traded John Salmons to Phoenix Suns for Norris Cole, Shawne Williams, Justin Hamiton and $368,959 from the Miami HEAT.
Waived Players: Omri Casspi, Vernon Macklin, Dionte Christmas, Kevin Jones, D.J. Stephens, Darius Miller, Patric Young, Gal Mekel, Nate Wolters (expired 10-day), Toney Douglas (terminated 10-day), Ish Smith, Shawne Williams
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $75k to Charlotte Hornets (Scotty Hopson)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million from Houston Rockets (Omer Asik); $801k from Oklahoma City Thunder (Ish Smith); $368,959 from Miami HEAT (Norris Cole)
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/25/15)