New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$21.67 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $768,907 (Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee and Bryce Dejean-Jones)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
Roster Space: 13 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday, Norris Cole, Corey Webster
SG: Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Alonzo Gee, Bryce Dejean-Jones, Sean Kilpatrick, Chris Douglas-Roberts
SF: Dante Cunningham, Luke Babbitt, Quincy Pondexter (injured)
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, , Jeff Adrien
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Kendrick Perkins
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 10/27/15 — Corey Webster and Sean Kilpatrick’s salaries guarantee for $50k for 15/16.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Omer Asik, Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Kendrick Perkins, Bryce Dejean-Jones, Sean Kilpatrick, Jeff Adrien and Luke Babbitt.
- 12/18/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Chris Douglas-Roberts.
- 12/22/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Corey Webster.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Chris Douglas-Roberts’ $1.2 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Jeff Adrien’s $1.1 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Sean Kilpatrick’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Corey Webster and Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/12/16 — Russ Smith $507k trade exception expires.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Alexis Ajinca and Norris Cole.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — Luke Babbitt’s $1.2 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/16 — Chris Douglas-Roberts’ $1.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/25/16 — Corey Webster and Sean Kilpatrick’s salaries guarantee for $200k for 16/17.
- 7/25/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17.
- First day of 16/17 season — Sean Kilpatrick’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- First day of 16/17 season — Corey Webster’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 (or first game of the season, the latter) — Bryce Dejean Jones’ $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/12/15 — Fired Coach Monty Williams.
- 6/17/15 — Eric Gordon opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 – Traded Branden Dawson (2015-56th) to Los Angeles Clippers for approximately $630,000 in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Norris Cole.
- 7/2/15 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Anthony Davis to a five-year, estimated $127.5 million extension, but could climb to $143.6 million if he qualifies for the Rose rule. Exact figures won’t be calculated until July 2016.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Omer Asik to a five-year, $58.0 million contract. Asik has a base salary of $53.0 million with $1 million of unlikely incentive annually, early termination option on final season, which is also only guaranteed for $3.0 million.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Alexis Ajinca to a four-year, $20.2 million contract. Ajinca has a base salary of $19.2 million with $225k incentive annually, of which $75k is considered likely.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Dante Cunningham to a three-year, $8.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a two-year, $2.7 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Luke Babbitt to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Kendrick Perkins to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 8/20/15 — Signed Bryce Dejean-Jones to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $2.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/8/15 — Sign Jeff Adrien to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 9/17/16 — Norris Cole agreed to re-sign via the Pelican’s $3.3 million one-year qualifying offer.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a two-year, non-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 9/22/15 — Signed Corey Webster to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
No-Trade: Norris Cole
Waived Players: Toney Douglas
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Robert Pack, Darren Erman, Fred Vinson
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Eric Gordon — 15%
- Tyreke Evans — 15%, but no more than $1 million
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)