- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 4
- Jeremy Lin, Lakers a Great Fit
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 3
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 2
New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers
- Room: $2,732,000 (likely to be used on John Salmons)
Roster Space: 12 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday, Austin Rivers, Jimmer Fredette, Russ Smith
SG: Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans
SF: John Salmons, Darius Miller, Luke Babbitt, Omri Casspi
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Patric Young
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Jeff Withey
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Monty Williams (four-year extension given before 2012/13 season)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Houston Rockets (Omer Asik)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Chris Paul, Nick Young).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Houston Rockets (Omer Asik).
- 2016 — Higher pick between Sacramento Kings (31-55 range) and Pelicans’ second-rounder will go to Milwaukee Bucks (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
- 6/22/14 — Acquired the rights to Russ Smith (2014-47th) from the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Pierre Jackson (2013-42nd).
- 7/11/14 — Traded a Clippers’ 2016 conditional second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Alonzo Gee.
- 7/13/14 — Acquired Scotty Hopson from the Charlotte Hornets for $75k.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson and a 2015-protected first-rounder to the Houston Rockets, along with Melvin Ely to the Washington Wizards, for Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and $1.5 million.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Russ Smith to a three-year, $2.3 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/19/14 — Signed Patrick Young to a two-year, $1.4 million partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign John Salmons to a two-year deal.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Jimmer Fredette (TBD).
- TBD — Agreed to sign Darius Miller (TBD).
Waived Players: None
- Bird: Al-Farouq Aminu*
- Non-Bird: James Southerland*
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $75k to Charlotte Hornets (Scotty Hopson)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million from Houston Rockets (Omer Asik)
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/22/14)