New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$22.6 million
Draft Picks: 6th (lottery TBD), two of 38th, 39th and 40th (lottery TBD)
- Trade Exception (Ish Smith, expiring 12/24/16) — $102,217 (partially used on Jarnell Stokes)
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Space: Seven guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, one player option
- Bird: Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Norris Cole
- Non-Bird: Tim Frazier (restricted), James Ennis (restricted), Kendrick Perkins, Jordan Hamilton
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Toney Douglas ($1,315,448), Luke Babbitt ($1,227,286 — $200,000 guaranteed), Bryce Dejean-Jones ($874,636)
Options: Alonzo Gee ($1,379,400 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Tyler Zeller ($3,695,169), Jared Sullinger ($4,433,683), Luigi Datome ($2,275,000), Gigi Datome ($2,175,000)
PG: Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans
SG: Luke Babbitt, Toney Douglas, Bryce Dejean-Jones
SF: Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Quincy Pondexter
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: None
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 5/19/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Bryce Dejean-Jones.
- 6/21/16 — Player option on Alonzo Gee.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Tim Frazier and James Ennis.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — Toney Douglas’ $1.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Luke Babbitt’s $1.2 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 2016 Summer League & skill/conditioning program — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ salary guarantees for $80,000 for 16/17.
- 7/25/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ salary guarantees for $100,00 for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $875k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/21/17 — Player option on Dante Cunningham.
- Four days after July 2017 moratorium — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $1.0 million salary guarantees for 17/18
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bryce Dejean-Jones.
- 6/21/19 — Team option on Omer Asik.
- 7/1/19 — Omer Asik’s $12.0 million salary guarantees for 19/20.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Robert Pack, Darren Erman, Fred Vinson
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Ish Smith).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT (Jarnell Stokes).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $721,300 from Miami (Jarnell Stokes)
- Eric Gordon — 15%
- Tyreke Evans — 15%, but no more than $1 million
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)