New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$23.9 million
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Buddy Hield (2016-6th, cap hold $2,931,000)
- Second-rounders: Cheick Diallo (2016th-33rd), Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
- Trade Exception (Ish Smith, expiring 12/24/16) — $102,217 (partially used on Jarnell Stokes)
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Space: Seven guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, one player option
- Bird: Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Norris Cole
- Non-Bird: Tim Frazier (restricted), James Ennis (restricted), Kendrick Perkins, Jordan Hamilton
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Toney Douglas ($1,315,448), Luke Babbitt ($1,227,286 — $200,000 guaranteed)
Options: Alonzo Gee ($1,379,400 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Tim Frazier ($1,180,431), James Ennis ($1,180,431
PG: Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans
SG: Luke Babbitt, Toney Douglas
SF: Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Quincy Pondexter
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: None
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/29/16 — Player option on Alonzo Gee.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Tim Frazier and James Ennis.
- 7/1/16 — Tyreke Evan’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — Toney Douglas’ $1.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Luke Babbitt’s $1.2 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Quincy Pondexter’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline for restructuring Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans and Quincy Pondexter’s contracts.
- 6/21/17 — Player option on Dante Cunningham.
- 6/21/19 — Team option on Omer Asik.
- 7/1/19 — Omer Asik’s $12.0 million salary guarantees for 19/20.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Buddy Hield (6th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to David Michineau (39th) and Diamond Stone (40th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Cheick Diallo (33rd).
Waived Players: Bryce Dejean-Jones (tragedy, 23-year old passed away)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Robert Pack, Darren Erman, Fred Vinson
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- Danny Ferry — Special Advisor
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Ish Smith).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT (Jarnell Stokes).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $721,300 from Miami (Jarnell Stokes)
- Eric Gordon — 15%
- Tyreke Evans — 15%, but no more than $1 million
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)