Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $18.3 million, less with the rights to Elfrid Payton, Stanley Johnson and Julius Randle’s player option.
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, one player option, one team option, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Frank Jackson
SG: Jrue Holiday, E’Twaun Moore, Dairis Bertans
SF: Kenrich Williams
PF: Anthony Davis, Solomon Hill
C: Christian Wood
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Nikola Mirotic, expiring 2/7/20) — $3,109,598
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Stanley Johnson (RFA*, $11,821,206), Cheick Diallo (RFA*, $1,931,189)
- Early Bird: Darius Miller ($2,866,500), Ian Clark ($1,618,486), Jahlil Okafor (TO)
- Non-Bird: Julius Randle (PO), Elfrid Payton ($3,600,000), Jordan Crawford** ($1,618,486), Trevon Bluiett (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
**Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Christian Wood $1,645,357
- Frank Jackson $1,618,520 ($506,143 guaranteed)
- Kenrich Williams $1,416,852
- Dairis Bertans $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 1st, 39th, 57th (from the Denver Nuggets)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tony Carr (2018-51st), Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry
Assistants: Darren Erman (associate head coach), Fred Vinson, Kevin Hanson, Elvis Valcarcel, Chris Finch
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- David Griffin — executive vice president of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Trey Burke, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Nikola Mirotic).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $877,544 from the Washington Wizards (Markieff Morris) — $4,365,456 remaining
- 6/1/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Dairis Bertans.
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cheick Diallo and Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Team option for Jahlil Okafor.
- 6/30/19 — Frank Jackson’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 7/20/19 — Kenrich Williams’ salary guarantees at $200,000.
- 8/1/19 — Dairis Bertans’ 2019-20 salary guarantees at $150,000.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Christian Wood’s salary guarantees at $822,679.
- First regular season game — Kenrich Williams’ $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 11/4/19 — Dairis Bertans’ 2019-20 salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 1/10/20 — Jahlil Okafor’s $1,702,486 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Christian Wood and Troy Williams’ $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Dairis Bertans’ 2019-20 salary guarantees at $1,416,852.
- 2/7/20 — Nikola Mirotic trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Frank Jackson, Kenrich Williams and Dairis Bertans.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on 2021-22 season.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/17/19 — Hired David Griffin as executive vice president of basketball operations.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 1st and 39th picks in the draft lottery.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Anthony Davis — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Smoothie King Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)