Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Buddy Hield, expiring 2/20/18) — $3,517,200
- Trade Exception (Tim Frazier, expiring 6/21/18) — $2,090,000
- Trade Exception (Quincy Pondexter, expiring 9/1/18) — $3,853,931
- Trade Exception (Tony Allen, expiring 2/1/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Jameer Nelson, expiring 2/1/19) — $1,429,818
- Mid-Level Exception: $2,190,385 (Rajon Rondo, Darius Miller, Frank Jackson)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Roster Space: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways, one 10-day
PG: Rajon Rondo, Mike James (two-way), Frank Jackson (injured)
SG: Jrue Holiday, Ian Clark, Charles Cooke (two-way)
SF: E’Twaun Moore, Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Dante Cunningham, Solomon Hill (injured)
PF: Nikola Mirotic, Cheick Diallo
C: Anthony Davis, Emeka Okafor (10-day), Alexis Ajinca (injured), DeMarcus Cousins (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Charles Cooke (one year), Mike James (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: DeAndre Liggins (signing restriction)
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015-16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Darren Erman (associate head coach), Robert Pack, Fred Vinson, Kevin Hanson, Jamelle McMillan, Elvis Valcarcel, Chris Finch
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — general manager
- Danny Ferry — special advisor
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-eight in 2019, top-10 in 2020, top-9 in 2021, top-six in 2022, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Chicago Bulls (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Nikola Mirotic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $2.5 million to Chicago Bulls (Quincy Pondexter)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 1/22/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jameer Nelson.
- 1/28/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Josh Smith.
- 2/20/18 — Buddy Hield trade exception expires.
- 5/5/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on DeAndre Liggins.
- 6/28/18 — Darius Miller’s salary guarantees at $300,000 for 2018-19.
- 7/4/18 — Darius Miller’s $2,205,000 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/6/18 — Cheick Diallo’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 2/1/19 — Jameer Nelson trade exception expires.
- 2/1/19 — Tony Allen trade exception expires.
- 6/21/19 — Team option on Omer Asik.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Cheick Diallo.
- 6/30/19 — Frank Jackson’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19 — Omer Asik’s $12.0 million salary guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on 2021-22 season.
- TBD — Guarantee details for DeAndre Liggins.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/17 — Dante Cunningham opted out of his contract.
- 6/21/17 — Traded Tim Frazier to Washington Wizards for a 2017 second-rounder (52nd).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Dwyane Bacon (40th) and $1.8 million to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Frank Jackson (31st).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Edmond Sumner (52nd) to Indiana Pacers for $1.0 million.
- 7/5/17 — Axel Toupane and Quinn Cook’s salaries guaranteed at $25,000 apiece for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Jrue Holiday to a five-year, $150.0 million contract with likely and unlike incentives, player option on the final season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Rajon Rondo to a one-year, $3.3 million contract.
- 7/9/17 — Signed Frank Jackson (2017-31st) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Jalen Jones to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Darius Miller to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $4,305,000 contract.
- 8/1/17 — Signed Charles Cooke to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/2/17 — Signed Ian Clark to a one-year, $1,577,230 contract.
- 9/1/17 — Traded Quincy Pondexter, a 2018 second-rounder and $2.5 million to Chicago Bulls for the rights to Ater Majok (2011-58th).
- 9/11/17 — Renounced the rights to Ater Majok (2011-58th).
- 9/14/17 — Signed Tony Allen to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 9/22/17 — Signed Martell Webster to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Dante Cunningham to a one-year, $2.3 million contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Cliff Alexander to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,471,382 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/22/17 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a one-year, $2,262,871 contract.
- 10/28/17 — Signed Josh Smith to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,183,934 contract.
- 1/10/18 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a 10-day, $89,109 contract.
- 1/14/18 — Signed Mike Jackson to a two-way contract.
- 1/20/18 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a 10-day, $89,109 contract.
- 2/1/18 — Traded Omer Asik, Tony Allen, Jameer Nelson, a protected 2018 first-rounder and 2021 second-rounder swap rights to Chicago Bulls for Nikola Mirotic and a 2018 second-rounder (the Pelicans’ own pick).
- 2/3/18 — Signed Emeka Okafor to a 10-day, $131,562 contract.
- 2/5/18 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,383,135 contract.
Waived Players: Axel Toupane, Quinn Cook, Martell Webster, Perry Jones III, Cliff Alexander, Jordan Crawford, Josh Smith, Jalen Jones (waived, claimed by Dallas Mavericks)
Traded Players: Tim Frazier, Quincy Pondexter, Tony Allen, Omer Asik, Jameer Nelson.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: DeAndre Liggins (two)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Arena: Smoothie King Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Donatas Motiejunas ($1,471,382)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/6/18)