New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
- Bird: Norris Cole (restricted)
- Early Bird: Luke Babbitt, Jeff Withey
- Non-Bird: Jimmer Fredette
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,294,000 (partially used on Dante Cunningham and Alonzo Gee)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
- 5/12/15 — Fired Coach Monty Williams.
- 6/17/15 — Eric Gordon opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 – Traded Branden Dawson (2015-56th) to Los Angeles Clippers for approximately $630,000 in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Norris Cole.
- 7/2/15 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Anthony Davis to a five-year, estimated $127.5 million extension, but could climb to $143.6 million if he qualifies for the Rose rule. Exact figures won’t be calculated until July 2016.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Omer Asik to a five-year, $58.0 million contract. Asik has a base salary of $53.0 million with $1 million of unlikely incentive annually, early termination option on final season, which is also only guaranteed for $3.0 million.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Alexis Ajinca to a four-year, $20.2 million contract. Ajinca has a base salary of $19.2 million with $225k incentive annually, of which $75k is considered likely.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Dante Cunningham to a three-year, $8.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a two-year, $2.7 million contract, player option on second season.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Roster Space: 10 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday, Toney Douglas
SG: Eric Gordon, Alonzo Gee
SF: Tyreke Evans, Quincy Pondexter, Dante Cunningham
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Jimmer Fredette — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Jeff Withey — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Luke Babbitt — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Norris Cole — $5,095,515 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/15)