New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Cap space used.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$23.1 million, depending primarily on Eric Gordon’s player option, along with the cap holds for Norris Cole and Omer Asik.
Draft Picks: 56th
- Bird: Omer Asik, Eric Gordon (player option), Norris Cole (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Alexis Ajinca. Luke Babbitt, Jeff Withey (restricted*)
- Non-Bird: Jimmer Fredette, Dante Cunningham
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
First-Round Extension Eligible: Anthony Davis
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- 5/12/15 — Fired Coach Monty Williams.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Roster Space: Five guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one option
PG: Jrue Holiday, Toney Douglas
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Tyreke Evans, Quincy Pondexter
PF: Ryan Anderson
C: Anthony Davis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: None
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $75k to Charlotte Hornets (Scotty Hopson)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million from Houston Rockets (Omer Asik); $801k from Oklahoma City Thunder (Ish Smith); $368,959 from Miami HEAT (Norris Cole) — $630,041 remaining
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/12/15)