New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$21.67 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $768,907 (partially used on Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee and Bryce Dejean-Jones)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
Roster Space: 12 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Eric Gordon, Alonzo Gee, Bryce Dejean-Jones
SF: Tyreke Evans, Quincy Pondexter, Luke Babbitt
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Dante Cunningham
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Kendrick Perkins
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Omer Asik, Dante Cunningham, Alonzo Gee, Kendrick Perkins, Bryce Dejean-Jones and Luke Babbitt.
- 1/10/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/12/16 — Russ Smith $507k trade exception expires.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Alexis Ajinca.
- 7/12/16 — Luke Babbitt’s $1.2 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/25/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 (or first game of the season, the latter) — Bryce Dejean Jones’ $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Bryce Dejean-Jones’ $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/12/15 — Fired Coach Monty Williams.
- 6/17/15 — Eric Gordon opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 – Traded Branden Dawson (2015-56th) to Los Angeles Clippers for approximately $630,000 in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Norris Cole.
- 7/2/15 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Anthony Davis to a five-year, estimated $127.5 million extension, but could climb to $143.6 million if he qualifies for the Rose rule. Exact figures won’t be calculated until July 2016.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Omer Asik to a five-year, $58.0 million contract. Asik has a base salary of $53.0 million with $1 million of unlikely incentive annually, early termination option on final season, which is also only guaranteed for $3.0 million.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Alexis Ajinca to a four-year, $20.2 million contract. Ajinca has a base salary of $19.2 million with $225k incentive annually, of which $75k is considered likely.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Dante Cunningham to a three-year, $8.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a two-year, $2.7 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Luke Babbitt to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Kendrick Perkins to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 8/20/15 — Signed Bryce Dejean-Jones to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $2.4 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: Toney Douglas
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Robert Pack, Darren Erman, Fred Vinson
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Bird: Norris Cole (restricted)
- Early Bird: Jeff Withey
- Eric Gordon — 15%
- Tyreke Evans — 15%, but no more than $1 million
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
Jeff Withey — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Norris Cole — $5,095,515 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/21/15)