New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $27.9 million
- Room Exception: $808,000 (Tim Frazier)
Roster Space: 15 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Lance Stephenson ($1,227,286 — $100,000 guaranteed), Quinn Cook ($543,471), Quincy Ford ($543,471)
PG: Tim Frazier, Quinn Cook, Jrue Holiday (not with team), Tyreke Evans (injured)
SG: E’Twaun Moore, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, Lance Stephenson, Alonzo Gee
SF: Solomon Hill, Cheick Diallo, Quincy Ford, Quincy Pondexter (injured)
PF: Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Dante Cunningham
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Quincy Pondexter (as of 10/31/16)
- 10/31/16 — Quincy Pondexter’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Solomon Hill, Tim Frazier, Lance Stephenson, Alonzo Gee, Langston Galloway, E’Twaun Moore and Terrence Jones.
- 12/24/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Quinn Cook.
- 1/10/17 — Lance Stephenson’s $1,227,286 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Quinn Cook and Quincy Ford’s $543,471 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/17/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Quincy Ford.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline for restructuring Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans and Quincy Pondexter’s contracts.
- 6/21/17 — Player option for Dante Cunningham.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Quincy Ford and Quinn Cook.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Buddy Hield.
- 6/24/17 — Estimated player option for Langston Galloway.
- Day following last day of 2018 moratorium — Cheick Diallo’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Buddy Hield.
- 6/21/19 — Team option on Omer Asik.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Cheick Diallo.
- 7/1/19 — Omer Asik’s $12.0 million salary guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Buddy Hield.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Buddy Hield.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Buddy Hield (6th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to David Michineau (39th) and Diamond Stone (40th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Cheick Diallo (33rd).
- 6/27/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Tim Frazier.
- 6/29/16 — Alonzo Gee opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Kendrick Perkins, Norris Cole, Jordan Hamilton and Alonzo Gee.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Solomon Hill to a four-year, $51.9 million contract, with $3.9 million in unlikely incentives TBD.
- 7/20/16 — Renounced the rights to Kendrick Perkins, Norris Cole, Alonzo Gee and Jordan Hamilton.
- 7/20/16 — Signed Langston Galloway to a two-year, $10.7 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/21/16 — Signed E’Twaun Moore to a four-year, $34 million contract.
- 7/21/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Tim Frazier.
- 7/22/16 — Renounced rights to Tim Frazier.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Cheick Diallo (2016th-33rd) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Buddy Hield (2016-6th) to a $15.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Terrence Jones to a one-year, $1.1 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Tim Frazier to a two-year, $4.1 million contract.
- 8/10/16 — Signed Shawn Dawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 8/13/16 — Signed Robert Sacre to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,050,961 summer contract.
- 8/13/16 — Signed Chris Copeland to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,050,961 summer contract.
- 9/12/16 — Signed Lance Stephenson to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract.
- 9/24/16 — Signed Quinn Cook to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/17/16 — Signed Quincy Ford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
Waived Players: Bryce Dejean-Jones (tragedy, 23-year old passed away), Toney Douglas, Chris Copeland, Shawn Dawson, Robert Sacre
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Alonzo Gee (implicit)
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015-16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Darren Erman (associate head coach), Robert Pack, Phil Weber, Fred Vinson, Kevin Hanson, Jamelle McMillan, Elvis Valcarcel
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — general manager
- Danny Ferry — special advisor
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Ish Smith).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): TBD from Miami HEAT (Luke Babbitt)
- Tyreke Evans — 15 percent, but no more than $1 million
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/22/16)