- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers
- Room: $732,000 (John Salmons)
Roster Space: 12 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday, Austin Rivers, Jimmer Fredette, Russ Smith
SG: Eric Gordon, John Salmons
SF: Tyreke Evans, Darius Miller, Luke Babbitt
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Patric Young
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Jeff Withey
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/22/14 — Acquired the rights to Russ Smith (2014-47th) from the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Pierre Jackson (2013-42nd).
- 7/11/14 — Traded a Clippers’ 2016 conditional second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Alonzo Gee.
- 7/13/14 — Acquired Scotty Hopson from the Charlotte Hornets for $75k.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson and a 2015-protected first-rounder to the Houston Rockets, along with Melvin Ely to the Washington Wizards, for Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and $1.5 million.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Russ Smith to a three-year, $2.3 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/19/14 — Signed Patrick Young to a two-year, $1.4 million partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Jimmer Fredette to an estimated $948k contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Darius Miller to a two-year, $1.9 partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 8/11/14 — Signed John Salmons to a one-year, $2 million contract. Contract not approved by NBA.
- 8/22/14 — Signed John Salmons to a revised, one-year, $2 million contract.
Waived Players: Omri Casspi
- Non-Bird: James Southerland (renounced)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Monty Williams (four-year extension given before 2012/13 season)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Houston Rockets (Omer Asik)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Chris Paul, Nick Young, Eric Maynor).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $75k to Charlotte Hornets (Scotty Hopson)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million from Houston Rockets (Omer Asik)
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/14)