New Orleans Pelicans Team Salary
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: None
- Bird: Omer Asik (re-signing), Norris Cole (restricted)
- Early Bird: Alexis Ajinca (re-signing). Luke Babbitt, Jeff Withey
- Non-Bird: Jimmer Fredette, Dante Cunningham (re-signing)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Anthony Davis
Amnesty: Left unused. No eligible players.
- Mid-Level Exception: $2,594,000 (partially used on Dante Cunningham)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000
- Trade Exception (Russ Smith, expiring 1/12/16) — $507,336
- 5/12/15 — Fired Coach Monty Williams.
- 6/17/15 — Eric Gordon opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 – Traded Branden Dawson (2015-56th) to Los Angeles Clippers for approximately $630,000 in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Norris Cole.
- 7/2/15 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Jeff Withey.
- TBD — Agreed to an estimated five-year, $143.6 million extension with Anthony Davis.
- TBD — Agreed to an estimated five-year, $57.5 million deal with Omer Asik, guarantees on final season TBD.
- TBD — Agreed to an estimated four-year, $20.5 million deal with Alexis Ajinca.
- TBD — Agreed to an estimated three-year, $9 million deal with Dante Cunningham, player option on final season.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
Roster Space: Nine guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Jrue Holiday, Toney Douglas
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Tyreke Evans, Quincy Pondexter, Dante Cunningham
PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson
C: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry (four-year $13.75 million deal starting with the 2015/15 season, final year team option)
- Dell Demps — General Manager
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks can swap second-rounders, the higher of the Sacramento Kings and Pelicans’ selections (Hilton Armstrong, Jrue Holiday, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Brad Miller).
Cash Paid ($3.4million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Jimmer Fredette — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Dante Cunningham — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Jeff Withey — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Luke Babbitt — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Alexis Ajina — $947,276 (Early Bird)
Omer Asik — $12,561,969 (Bird)
Norris Cole — $5,095,515 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/6/15)