- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 4
- Jeremy Lin, Lakers a Great Fit
Orlando Magic Salary Archive – 2013/14
|Glen Davis (waived)||$6,400,000|
|Hedo Turkoglu (waived)||$6,000,000|
|Al Harrington (waived)||$3,574,300|
|Quentin Richardson (waived)||$2,808,600|
|Solomon Jones (waived)||$495,521|
|Romero Osby (waived)||$100,000|
|Dewayne Dedmon (waived)||$28,834|
|Adonis Thoms (waived)||$28,834|
|Dewyane Dedmon (waived)||$28,834|
|Adonis Thomas (waived)||$28,834|
Quick: Despite their low payroll, the Magic are over the cap.
2014 NBA Draft: 4th & 12th (from New York Knicks); 33rd (to Cleveland)
2014/15 Projected Space ($3.2 million cap estimate): Up to $22.6 million
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed
PG: Jameer Nelson, Ronnie Price
SG: Arron Afflalo, Victor Oladipo, E’Twaun Moore, Doron Lamb
SF: Tobias Harris, Moe Harkless
PF: Kyle O’Quinn, Andrew Nicholson, Dewayne Dedmon
C: Nikola Vucevic, Jason Maxiell
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Jacque Vaughn (contract through 2015/16 season)
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2015/16 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis – Head of Pro Scouting
- 2015 – Owed second-rounder (top-40 protected) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard).
- 2016 – Owed first-rounder (lottery-protected through 2016, top-11 protected in 2017, top-eight protected in 2018, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 and 2019) from Philadelphia 76ers (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 – Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Victor Oladipo (2nd) and Romero Osby (51st) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/7/13 — Signed Victor Oladipo to a $21.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/13 — Signed Jason Maxiell to a two-year, $5 million deal (second year non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/25/13 — Signed Ronnie Price to a two-year, minimum 2.6 million contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Kris Joseph to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Mickell Gladness to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Romero Osby to a three-year, non/partially guaranteed 42.4 million contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Solomon Jones to one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Manny Harris to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 10/26/13 — Picked up the fourth-year options on Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris.
- 10/26/13 — Picked up the third-year options on Maurice Harkless and Andrew Nicholson.
- 2/25/14 — Signed Adonis Thompson to a 10-day contract.
- 2/25/14 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a 10-day contract.
- 3/7/14 — Signed Adonis Thompson to a second 10-day contract.
- 3/7/14 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a second 10-day contract.
- 3/17/14 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a three-year, partially guaranteed $2.1 million contract.
Waived Players: Al Harrington, Mickell Gladness, Kris Joseph, Manny Harris, Romero Osby, Solomon Jones, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis, Adonis Thomas
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Amnesty: Gilbert Arenas 2013-14 $22,346,536
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/28/14)