Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
- Room: $2,732,000
Roster Count: eight guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Tony Wroten Jr., Michael Carter-Williams (injured)
SG: Hollis Thompson, Alexey Shved, Jason Richardson (injured)
SF: KJ McDaniels, Luc Mbah a Moute, Jerami Grant, Jakaar Sampson, Christapher Johnson
PF: Nerlens Noel, Brandon Davies, Malcolm Thomas
C: Henry Sims, Joel Embiid (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/10/14 — Jason Richardson opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Joel Embiid (3rd), K.J. McDaniels (32nd), Jerami Grant (39th) and Vasilije Micic (52nd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Dario Saric (2014-12th), a 2015 second-rounder and a 2016 first-rounder (their own from Andrew Bynum trade) from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Orlando Magic for the rights to Elfrid Payton (2014-10th).
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Pierre Jackson (2013-42nd) from the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Russ Smith (2014-47th).
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jordan McRae (2013-58th) and Cory Jefferson (2014-60th) from San Antonio Spurs for the rights to Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th)
- 7/23/14 — Signed Pierre Jackson to an estimated one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Thaddeus Young to Minnesota Timberwolves for Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and a 2015 first-rounder from Miami Heat (via Cleveland Cavaliers).
- 8/26/14 — Traded a protected second-rounder (top-55) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Hasheem Thabeet and $100,000.
- 8/26/14 — Signed Joel Embiid to a $20 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/11/14 — Signed Ronald Roberts to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $3.4 million minimum contract (last season both non-guaranteed and team option).
- 9/17/14 — Signed Jakaar Sampson to a four-year, partially guaranteed $3.4 million minimum (last season both non-guaranteed and team option).
- 9/27/14 — Traded a protected 2015 second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers for Keith Bogans and a 2018 second-rounder.
- 9/28/14 — Claimed Christapher Johnson off waivers.
- 9/29/14 — Signed Jerami Grant to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $3.8 million contract.
- 9/30/14 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/7/14 — Signed Malcolm Lee to a four-year, partially-guaranteed, $4.1 million minimum contract.
- 10/7/14 — Signed Drew Gordon to a four-year, partially-guaranteed, $3.4 million minimum contract.
- 10/24/14 — Traded Casper Ware to the Brooklyn Nets for Marquis Teague and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 10/27/14 — Traded Arnett Moultrie to the New York Knicks for Travis Outlaw, the right to swap 2018 second-rounders and a 2019-second-rounder.
- 10/27/14 — Signed Malcolm Thomas to a four-year, partially guaranteed $4.4 million minimum contract.
- 10/31/14 — Picked up the third-year option on Nerlens Noel.
- 10/31/14 — Picked up the third-year option on Michael Carter-Williams.
- 10/31/14 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Tony Wroten Jr.
Waived Players: James Anderson, Hasheem Thabeet, Pierre Jackson, Keith Bogans, Jarvis Varnado, Ronald Roberts, Drew Gordon, Malcolm Lee, Travis Outlaw, Marquis Teague, Elliot Williams
- Non-Bird: Byron Mullens, Charles Jenkins*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Dario Saric (12th)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Jordan McRae (2013-58th), Arsalan Kazemi (2013-54th), Furkan Aldemir (2012-53rd)
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013/14 season)
- Sam Hinkie — President & General Manager
- Marlene Barnes — Executive Assistant to President
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (top-10 protected through 2016, unprotected in 2017 (LeBron James, Thaddeus Young).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Brandon Rush, Evan Turner).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from New Orleans Pelicans (Chris Paul, Nick Young, Eric Maynor).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Orlando Magic (Elfrid Payton).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converted to 2015 and 2016 second-rounders) to Boston Celtics (Arnett Moultrie, Joel Anthony).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Hasheem Thabeet).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (51-55 range, provided pick doesn’t go to Boston Celtics) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Jan Vesely).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $100,000 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hasheem Thabeet)
Amnesty: Used on Elton Brand.
Byron Mullens — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Charles Jenkins — $915,243 (Early Bird)
Dario Saric — $1,803,400 (Unsigned first-rounder, 12th)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/31/14)