Quick: Currently spent over the cap but can get to $751,899 under.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $35.8 million.
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ben Simmons, Landry Shamet, T.J. McConnell, Demetrius Jackson (two-way)
SG: Markelle Fultz, J.J. Redick, Furkan Korkmaz, Shake Milton (two-way), Jerryd Bayless (injured)
SF: Robert Covington, Zhaire Smith (injured), Wilson Chandler (injured)
PF: Dario Saric, Mike Muscala, Jonah Bolden
C: Joel Embiid, Amir Johnson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- T.J. McConnell $1,600,520
- Room Exception — $4,449,000
Waived Players: Anthony Brown, Norvel Pelle, D.J. Hogg, Matt Farrell, Darin Johnson, Cory Jefferson, Emeka Okafor
Traded Players: Richaun Holmes, Justin Anderson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
- J.J. Redick — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: J.J. Redick (implicit), Amir Johnson (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly interim general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Demetrius Jackson, Shake Milton
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brett Brown
Assistants: Monty Williams, Kevin Young, Billy Lange, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development), Jim O’Brien (senior advisor)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Alex Rucker — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — senior vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- Elton Brand — vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Boston Celtics receive higher of the Sacramento Kings and Sixers first-rounders (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon, Isaac Bonga).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Can swap second-rounders with Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 to Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1.5 million from Los Angeles Lakers (Isaac Bonga); $1 million from Phoenix Suns (Richaun Holmes) — $2,743,000 remaining
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz, Furkan Korkmaz, Dario Saric and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on J.J. Redick and Amir Johnson.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell’s $1,600,520 guarantees for 2018-19.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric and Ben Simmons.
- 6/29/20 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,766,550 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 6/29/21 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,845,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/31/18 — Signed Coach Brett Brown to a contract extension.
- 6/7/18 — Bryan Colangelo resigned as president of basketball operations.
- 6/12/18 — Picked up team options and guaranteed T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Mikal Bridges (10th), Landry Shamet (26th), Khyri Thomas (38th), Isaac Bonga (39th), Ray Spalding (56th), Kostas Antetokounmpo (60th)
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Mikal Bridges (2018-10th) to Phoenix Suns for the rights to Zhaire Smith (2018-16th) and a 2021 first-rounder.
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th) to Detroit Pistons for two second-rounders (2021 and 2023).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Ray Spalding (2018-56th) and Kostas Antetokounmpo (2018-60th) to Dallas Mavericks for Shake Milton (54th).
- 7/1/18 — Removed Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th) from the Sixers’ 208-19 salary cap, he is ineligible to sign with the team until 8/1/19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Zhaire Smith (2018-16th) to a $13,791,056 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/4/18 — Signed Landry Shamet (2018-26th) to a $11,305,026 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to J.J. Redick, Ersan Ilyasova, Marco Belinelli, Amir Johnson and Demetrius Jackson.
- 7/6/18 — Traded the rights to Isaac Bonga (2018-39th) to Los Angeles Lakers for a 2019 Chicago Bulls second-rounder and $1.5 million.
- 7/6/18 — Traded $110,000 to Denver Nuggets for Wilson Chandler, a 2021 second-rounder and the right to swap second-rounders in 2022.
- 7/6/18 — Signed J.J. Redick to a one-year, $12,250,000 contract.
- 7/16/18 — Re-signed Amir Johnson to a $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Richaun Holmes to Phoenix Suns for $1 million.
- 7/25/18 — Traded Justin Anderson to Atlanta Hawks and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to Oklahoma City Thunder for Mike Muscala from the Hawks.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Shake Milton (2018-54th) to a two-way contract.
- 7/27/18 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a two-way contract.
- 7/24/18 — Signed Jonah Bolden (2017-36th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $7 million contract.
- 8/3/18 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/29/18 — Signed Anthony Brown to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/18 — Promoted Elton Brand to general manager.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Emeka Okafor to a non-guaranteed one-year $2,383,887 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed D.J. Hogg to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed Matt Farrell to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Darin Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th)
- Second-rounders: Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/17/18)