Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): Over the cap.
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Ben Simmons, Shake Milton
SG: Josh Richardson, Furkan Korkmaz, Zhaire Smith
SF: Matisse Thybulle, Marial Shayok (two-way)
PF: Tobias Harris, Mike Scott
C: Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Norvel Pelle
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,882,867
- Room Exception — $0 (Mike Scott)
2020 NBA Draft: 21st ($2,478,840 cap hold) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz), 34th from the Atlanta Hawks (Bruno Fernando), 36th from the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez, Anzejs Pasecniks), 58th from the Los Angeles Lakers (Talen Horton-Tucker); 19th to the Brooklyn Nets (Tobias Harris, Mfiondu Kabengele)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Furkan Korkmaz $1,762,796 — TBD
- Norvel Pelle $1,517,981 — TBD
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Raul Neto ($1,620,564), Alec Burks ($1,620,564), Glenn Robinson III ($1,620,564), Kyle O’Quinn ($1,620,564)
- None: Ryan Broekhoff (substitute two-way)
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
- Zhaire Smith
- Matisse Thybulle
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Tobias Harris — lower of five percent or $5 million
- Ben Simmons — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Marial Shayok
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Dave Joerger, Sam Cassell, Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Eric Hughes, Brian Adams, Pete Dominguez, Todor Pandov
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson
- Daryl Morey — president of basketball operations
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Vince Rozman, vice president, scouting
- Sergio Oliva — vice president, strategy
- Zach Sogolow — director, basketball operations
- 2021 — The Houston Rockets can swap second-rounders (James Ennis).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson).
- 2022 — The Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2023 — Owed a the highest second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024– Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Miami HEAT (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2 million from the Detroit Pistons (Jordan Bone) — $3,617,000 remaining
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- TBD — Furkan Korkmaz’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- TBD — Norvel Pelle’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- TBD — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Matisse Thybulle.
- 2/6/21 — James Ennis trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Norvel Pelle.
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Zhaire Smith.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Zhaire Smith.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Shake Milton.
- Before the first day of the 2022-22 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 8/24/20 — Fired coach Brett Brown.
- 10/1/20 — Hired coach Doc Rivers.
- 11/2/20 — Hired president of basketball operations Daryl Morey.
- 11/2/20 — Signed general manager Elton Brand to a contract extension.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/10/20)