Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $28.2 million
2016/17 Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two team options
PG: Ben Simmons, T.J. McConnell (TO), Markelle Fultz
SG: Jerryd Bayless, Furkan Korkmaz
SF: Robert Covington, Justin Anderson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF: Dario Saric
C: Joel Embiid, Richaun Holmes (TO)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- J.J. Redick ($27.6 million, non-Bird)
- Amir Johnson ($13.2 million, non-Bird)
- T.J. McConnell (TO, RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- Richaun Holmes (TO, RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- Marco Belinelli ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Ersan Ilyasova ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Demetrius Jackson (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
Draft Picks: 10th from Los Angeles Lakers (cap hold $3,116,075, Steve Nash, Brandon Knight), 26th (cap hold $1,494,141), 38th from Brooklyn Nets (Keith Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko), 39th from New York Knicks (Emmanuel Mudiay, Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw), 56th, 60th from Houston Rockets (Shawn Long)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th, cap hold $1,516,200)
- Second-rounders: Jonah Bolden (2017-36th), Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. if the team goes under the cap they loss all exceptions but gain the $4,411,290 Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- J.J. Redick — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Elton Brand general manager, Eugene Burroughs coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013-14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — chairman of basketball operations
- Bryan Colangelo — president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — vice president of basketball operations and chief of staff
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- 2019 — Boston Celtics receive higher of the Sacramento Kings and Sixers first-rounders (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $3.2 million from Los Angeles Clippers (Jawun Evans); $1.9 million from Milwaukee Bucks (Sterling Brown) — $0 remaining
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor and Justin Anderson.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz, Furkan Korkmaz, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,600,520 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson and Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)