Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
Quick: $7.0 million in cap space
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $46.4-$57.4 million
- Room: $2,814,000
2016/17 Roster Count: Six guaranteed, four non-guaranteed, one team option
Draft Picks: 1st, 24th (from Miami HEAT), 26th (from Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Bird: Isaiah Canaan (restricted)
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins*
- Non-Bird: Ish Smith, Elton Brand, Christian Wood (restricted), Byron Mullens*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Kendall Marshall ($2,048,257), Robert Covington ($1,015,696), Jerami Gran ($980,431), T.J. McConnell ($874,636)
Options: Hollis Thompson ($1,015,696, also non-guaranteed)
Qualifying Offers: Isaiah Canaan ($1,215,696), Christian Wood ($1,045,059)
PG: T.J. McConnell, Kendall Marshall
SG: Nik Stauskas
SF: Hollis Thompson, Robert Covington
PF: Nerlens Noel, Richaun Holmes, Jerami Grant, Carl Landry
C: Jahlil Okafor, Joel Embiid
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Joel Embiid ($6,100,266), Jahlil Okafor ($4,995,120), Nik Stauskas ($3,807,147)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Nerlens Noel
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Team option on Hollis Thompson.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Canaan and Christian Wood.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/9/16 – Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $50k for 16/17.
- 9/2/16 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 1/10/17 — Hollis Thompson and Robert Covington’s $1.0 million guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980k guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — T.J. McConnell’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/29/17 — Team options on Robert Covington and Jerami Grant.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $53,547 for 17/18.
- 8/17/17 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington and Jerami Grant’s $1.1 million guarantee for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 17/18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 8/1/18 — Kendall Marshall’s $1.9 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jahlil Okafor.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Dario Saric (2014-12th)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th)
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013/14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Lloyd Pierce, Billy Lange, Sean Rooks (player development), Chris Babcock (player development), Eugene Burroughs (player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — Chairman of Basketball Operations
- Bryan Colangelo — President of Basketball Operations
- Marc Eversley — Vice President of Player Personnel
- Brandon Williams — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- Sachin Gupta — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Ben Falk — Vice President of Basketball Strategy
- Ned Cohen — Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2017 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2019) from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas). Pick must convey two years after Kings’ first-round obligation to Chicago Bulls.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Ish Smith).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $1.0 million from Golden State Warriors (Jason Thompson)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Elton Brand.
D-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Head Coach Kevin Young)
- Byron Mullens — $980,431 (Non-Bird)
- Charles Jenkins — $980,431 (Early Bird)
- Dario Saric — $1,931,900 (Unsigned first-rounder, 2014-12th)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/25/16)