Quick: Up to $19.6 million in cap room.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $56.3 million, but $38.8 million with Joel Embiid’s cap hold.
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Kris Humphries $2,328,652
- Emeka Okafor $2,328,652
- Robert Covington $1,577,230 ($53,547 guaranteed)
- Richaun Holmes $1,471,382
- T.J. McConnell $1,471,382
- James Blackmon Jr. $815,615
- Jacob Pullen $815,615
2016/17 Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Markelle Fultz, T.J. McConnell, Jerry Bayless, Jacob Pullen
SG: J.J. Redick, Nik Stauskas, Furkan Korkmaz, James Blackmon Jr.
SF: Robert Covington, Justin Anderson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF: Ben Simmons, Dario Saric, Amir Johnson, Kris Humphries
C: Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor, Richaun Holmes, Emeka Okafor
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Elton Brand general manager, Eugene Burroughs coach)
Two-Way Contracts: James McAdoo (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013-14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — chairman of basketball operations
- Bryan Colangelo — president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — vice president of basketball operations and chief of staff
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight). Philadelphia owes the selection to Boston Celtics if two through five (Markelle Fultz).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Shawn Long).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas). If 2018 Lakers first not conveyed, Celtics receive higher of the Kings and Sixers firsts (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $3.2 million from Los Angeles Clippers (Jawun Evans); $1.9 million from Milwaukee Bucks (Sterling Brown) — $0 remaining
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Jahlil Okafor, Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on James Blackmon Jr., J.J. Redick and Amir Johnson.
- 12/21/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jacob Pullen.
- 12/23/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Emeka Okafor and Kris Humphries.
- 1/10/18 — Emeka Okafor and Kris Humphries’ $2,328,652 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington’s $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,471,382 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Jacob Pullen and James Blackmon Jr.’s $815.615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jacob Pullen, James Blackmon Jr., Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor and Justin Anderson.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz, Furkan Korkmaz, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,600,520 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson and Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/12/17 — Picked up team option on Robert Covington.
- 6/19/17 — Traded the 3rd overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft along with the Los Angeles Lakers’ 2018 first-rounder (two through five) to the Boston Celtics, otherwise Boston receives the higher pick between the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected) or Philadelphia’s 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected) for the top overall pick in 2017.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Markelle Fultz (1st), Jonah Bolden (36th), Juwan Evans (39th, reportedly traded to Los Angeles Clippers) and Sterling Brown (46th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded a protected 2020 Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder (the lower of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks picks) to Orlando Magic for the rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (25th).
- 6/28/17 — Traded Shawn Long to Houston Rockets for $100,000 and a 2018 second rounder.
- 7/4/17 — Signed Furkan Korkmaz (2016-26th) to a $10,997,362 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Jawun Evans (2017-39th) to Los Angeles Clippers for $3.2 million.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Sterling Brown (2017-46th) to Milwaukee Bucks for $1.9 million.
- 7/9/17 — Renounced the rights to Sergio Rodriguez, Tiago Splitter, Charles Jenkins and Byron Mullens.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Markelle Fultz (2017-1st) to a $37,400,017 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed J.J. Redick to a one-year, $23.0 million contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Amir Johnson to a one-year, $11.0 million contract.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guaranteed at $53,547 for 2017-18.
- 8/29/17 — Signed James McAdoo to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/29/17 — Signed James Blackmon Jr. to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/22/17 — Signed Jacob Pullen to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/23/17 — Signe Emeka Okafor to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/23/17 — Signe Kris Humphries to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
Waived Players: Gerald Henderson
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th, cap hold $1,516,200)
- Second-rounders: Jonah Bolden (2017-36th), Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/4/17)