Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by $9.1 million.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $56.9 million
- Room: $2,814,000
2016/17 Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: T.J. McConnell, Sergio Rodriquez, Jerry Bayless (injured)
SG: Nik Stauskas, Gerald Henderson
SF: Robert Covington, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF: Dario Saric, Shawn Long, Ben Simmons (injured)
C: Richaun Holmes, Jahlil Okafor (injured), Tiago Splitter (injured), Joel Embiid (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/16/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shawn Long.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Robert Covington.
- 6/30/17 — Gerald Henderson’s $9 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $53,547 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Jahlil Okafor, Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington’s $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,471,382 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor and Justin Anderson.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,600,520 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson and Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- TBD — Shawn Long guarantee details.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised team option to keep Hollis Thompson for the final year of his (still) non-guaranteed contract.
- 7/1/16 — Signed Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (2016-24th) to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/16 — Signed James Webb to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($65,000).
- 7/5/16 — Signed Shawn Long to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($65,000).
- 7/6/16 — Signed Ben Simmons (2016-1st) to a $26.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Gerald Henderson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $18 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Reportedly signed Jerryd Bayless to a three-year, $27 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Sergio Rodriguez to a one-year, $8 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Dario Saric (2014-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Traded the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Sasha Kaun and cash $1.8 million.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Brandon Paul to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract, team option on second season ($155,000).
- 8/4/16 – Robert Covington’s salary guaranteed for $50k for 2016-17.
- 8/26/16 — Traded Kendall Marshall to Utah Jazz for Tibor Pleiss, two 2017 second-rounders and $1.6 million.
- 8/31/16 — Signed Cat Barber to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($50,000).
- 9/8/16 – Signed Elton Brand to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,551,659 contract ($1,000,000).
- 10/25/16 — Signed Dionte Christmas to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,889,382 contract ($50,000).
- 10/26/16 — Picked up team options for Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached with Nerlens Noel.
- 11/1/16 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova and a protected 2020 first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Jerami Grant.
- 1/10/17 — Robert Covington’s $1,015,696 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — T.J. McConnell’s $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Signed Chasson Randle to a $31,969 10-day contract.
- 1/20/17 — Claimed Mo Williams off waivers.
- 1/20/17 — Signed Chasson Randle to a $31,969 10-day contract.
- 1/30/17 — Signed Chasson Randle two a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3,090,935 contract.
- 2/22/17 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta Hawks for Tiago Splitter, a second-rounder and swap rights for a second-rounder.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Nerlens Noel to Dallas Mavericks for Andrew Bogut, Justin Anderson a protected first-rounder.
- 3/3/17 — Signed Justin Harper to a 10-day $57,672 contract.
- 3/6/17 — Signed Shawn Long to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
- 3/16/17 — Signed Shawn Long to a multi-year deal (TBD).
Waived Players: Sasha Kaun, Tibor Pleiss, Carl Landry, Elton Brand, Cat Barber, Dionte Christmas, Shawn Long, Brandon Paul, James Webb, Hollis Thompson, Mo Williams (claimed by Denver Nuggets), Chasson Randle, Andrew Bogut
Traded Players: Kendall Marshall, Jerami Grant, Ersan Ilyasova, Nerlens Noel
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Chasson Randle (two), Justin Harper, Shawn Long
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013-14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — chairman of basketball operations
- Bryan Colangelo — president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Brandon Williams — vice president of basketball administration
- Sachin Gupta — vice president of basketball operations
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — vice president of basketball operations and chief of staff
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-18 protected, otherwise conveys as 2017 and 2020 second-rounders) from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis, Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2017 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 — Owed two second-rounders from Utah Jazz the lowest and highest of Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons and Jazz (Tibor Pleiss). Sixers can swap the Golden State pick with Atlanta Hawks (Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ish Smith, DeMarcus Cousins).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following Oklahoma City Thunder’s conveyance of a pick to Utah Jazz, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from Thunder (Jerami Grant).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Furkan Korkmaz (2016th-26th, cap hold $1,026,300)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
- Bird: None
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins ($980,431 cap hold)*
- Non-Bird: Byron Mullens ($980,431 cap hold)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $1.8 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (Sasha Kaun); $1.6 million from Utah Jazz (Tibor Pleiss)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Eugene Burroughs coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/21/17)