Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ben Simmons, Raul Neto, Trey Burke, Shake Milton
SG: Josh Richardson, Matisse Thybulle, Furkan Korkmaz, Zhaire Smith
SF: Tobias Harris, James Ennis, Norvel Pelle (two-way), Marial Shayok (two-way)
PF: Al Horford, Mike Scott, Jonah Bolden
C: Joel Embiid, Kyle O’Quinn
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Mike Scott)
Waived Players: Haywood Highsmith (twice), Christ Koumadje, Isaiah Miles, Shizz Alston, Jared Brownridge, Terry Harris, Xavier Munford, Julian Washburn
Traded Players: Jonathon Simmons, Jimmy Butler (sign and trade)
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Norvel Pelle, Marial Shayok (two years)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brett Brown
Assistants: Ime Udoka, Joseph Blair, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development), Jim O’Brien (senior advisor)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Alex Rucker — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — senior vice president of player personnel
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- Zach Sogolow — director, basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of the Brooklyn/Nets pick to the Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder (31-55 range) from the Atlanta Hawks (Bruno Fernando).
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Brooklyn Nets (Tobias Harris, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson).
- 2021 — The Houston Rockets can second-rounders (James Ennis).
- 2022 — The Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2023 — Owed a the highest second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024– Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Miami HEAT (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2 million from the Detroit Pistons (Jordan Bone) — $3,617,000 remaining
- 6/29/20 — Player option for James Ennis.
- 6/29/20 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,766,550 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/10/20 — Furkan Korkmaz’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
- 6/29/21 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,845,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Zhaire Smith.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Zhaire Smith.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Shake Milton.
- Before first day of 2022 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 24th, 33rd (from the Cleveland Cavaliers) and 42nd (from the Sacramento Kings) picks in the draft lottery.
- 5/20/19 — James Ennis opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/18/19 — Jimmy Butler opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Ty Jerome (24th), Carsen Edwards (33rd), Bruno Fernando (34th), Admiral Schofield (42nd), Marial Shayok (54th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Ty Jerome (24th) and Carsen Edwards (33rd) to the Boston Celtics for the rights to Matisse Thybulle (20th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded Jonathon Simmons and the rights to Admiral Schofield (42nd) to the Washington Wizards for $2 million.
- 6/24/19 — Waived Haywood Highsmith.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Renounced the draft rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th).
- 7/3/19 — Signed Matisse Thybulle (2019-20th) to a $12,513,127 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/19 –Sent Jimmy Butler (via sign and trade) to the Miami HEAT (via sign-and-trade) and the rights to Mathias Lessort (2017-50th) to the Los Angeles Clippers for Josh Richardson from Miami.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced J.J. Redick, Amir Johnson, Mike Scott, Boban Marjanovic, Greg Monroe, James Ennis and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Bruno Fernando (34th) to the Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Jordan Bone (57th) and two future second-rounders.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Jordan Bone (57th) to the Detroit Pistons for a 2024 second-rounder and $2 million.
- 7/7/19 — Ended the two-way contract of Shake Milton, signing him to a four-year $6,991,746 minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Marial Shayok (2019-54th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Al Horford to a partially-guaranteed four-year $109 million contract
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Tobias Harris to a five-year $180 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Mike Scott to a two-year $9,772,350 contract.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed James Ennis to a two-year $4,012,890 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Raul Neto to a $1,737,145 minimum contract.
- 7/11/19 — Sign Kyle O’Quinn to a $2,174,318 minimum contract.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Ben Simmons to a five-year designated rookie extension (if he qualifies) at an estimated $169,650,000.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Christ Koumadje to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Furkan Korkmaz to a partially-guaranteed $3,383,360 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed Trey Burke to a non/partially-guaranteed $2,208,594 minimum contract.
- 8/8/19 — Signed Isaiah Miles to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/19 — Re-signed Haywood Highsmith to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/19 — Picked up Zhaire Smith’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Haywood Highsmith, Christ Koumadje and Isaiah Miles.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Shizz Alston to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Jared Brownridge to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Terry Harris to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Xavier Munford to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Julian Washburn to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/22/19 — Trey Burke’s salary guaranteed at $810,282.
- 1/10/20 — Trey Burke’s $2,028,594 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- Tobias Harris — lower of five percent or $5 million
- Ben Simmons — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: James Ennis (implicit), Haywood Highsmith (implicit)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/16/20)