Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by as much as $25.3 million
Estimated Contracts: Sergio Rodriguez
Note: Estimated contracts are based on reports, with a standard, increasing schedule — they are ONLY estimates.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): Over $36.2 million, $47.2 million without Nerlens Noel
- Room: $2,814,000
2016/17 Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Furkan Korkmaz (2016th-26th, cap hold $1,026,300)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
- Bird: Isaiah Canaan ($980,431 cap hold, leaving for Chicago Bulls)
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins ($980,431 cap hold)*
- Non-Bird: Elton Brand ($980,431 cap hold), Byron Mullens ($980,431 cap hold)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Kendall Marshall ($2,048,257), Robert Covington ($1,015,696), Jerami Grant ($980,431), T.J. McConnell ($874,636), Hollis Thompson ($1,015,696), Shawn Long ($543,471 — $65,000 guaranteed), James Webb ($543,471 — $65,000 guaranteed)
PG: Sergio Rodriquez, T.J. McConnell, Kendall Marshall
SG: Nik Stauskas, Jerry Bayless, Gerald Henderson
SF: Hollis Thompson, Robert Covington, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, James Webb
PF: Ben Simmons, Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric, Richaun Holmes, Jerami Grant, Carl Landry, Shawn Long
C: Jahlil Okafor, Joel Embiid
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Joel Embiid ($6,100,266), Jahlil Okafor ($4,995,120), Nik Stauskas ($3,807,147)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Nerlens Noel
- 8/1/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.
- 8/6/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Ben Simmons.
- 8/9/16 – Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $50k for 16/17.
- 8/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Dario Saric.
- 9/2/16 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Sergio Rodriguez, Jerryd Bayless, Gerald Henderson, James Webb and Shawn Long.
- 1/10/17 — Hollis Thompson and Robert Covington’s $1.0 million guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980k guarantee for 2016/17.
- 1/10/17 — T.J. McConnell’s $875k guarantees for 2016/17.
- 1/10/17 — James Webb and Shawn Long’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 6/29/17 — Team options on Robert Covington and Jerami Grant.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 6/30/17 — Gerald Henderson’s $9 million guarantees for 2017/18.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $53,547 for 2017/18.
- 8/17/17 — Kendall Marshall’s $2.0 million guarantees for 2017/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Jahlil Okafor, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington and Jerami Grant’s $1.1 million guarantee for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 2017/18.
- 1/10/18 — James Webb and Shawn Long’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shawn Long, James Webb, Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 8/1/18 — Kendall Marshall’s $1.9 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simons.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised team option to keep Hollis Thompson for the final year of his (still) non-guaranteed contract.
- 7/1/16 — Signed Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (2016-24th) to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/16 — Signed James Webb to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Shawn Long to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/6/16 — Signed Ben Simmons (2016-1st) to a $26.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Gerald Henderson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $18 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Reportedly signed Jerryd Bayless to a three-year, $27 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Sergio Rodriguez to a one-year, $8 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Dario Saric (2014-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Traded the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Sasha Kaun and cash (TBD).
Waived Players: Sasha Kaun
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013/14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Lloyd Pierce, Billy Lange, Sean Rooks (player development), Chris Babcock (player development), Eugene Burroughs (player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — Chairman of Basketball Operations
- Bryan Colangelo — President of Basketball Operations
- Marc Eversley — Vice President of Player Personnel
- Brandon Williams — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- Sachin Gupta — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Ben Falk — Vice President of Basketball Strategy
- Ned Cohen — Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2017 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Ish Smith).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): TBD from Cleveland Cavaliers (Sasha Kaun)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Elton Brand.
D-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Head Coach Kevin Young)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)