Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by as much as $27.9 million
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $35.7 million or $46.7 million without Nerlens Noel
- Room: $2,814,000
2016/17 Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, nine non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Robert Covington ($1,015,696 — $50,000 guaranteed), Jerami Grant ($980,431), T.J. McConnell ($874,636), Hollis Thompson ($1,015,696), Shawn Long ($543,471 — $65,000 guaranteed), James Webb ($543,471 — $65,000 guaranteed), Cat Barber ($50,000 guaranteed), Elton Brand ($1,551,659 — $1,000,000 guaranteed)
PG: T.J. McConnell, Sergio Rodriquez, Cat Barber, Jerry Bayless (injured)
SG: Gerald Henderson, Nik Stauskas, Brandon Paul
SF: Robert Covington, Hollis Thompson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, James Webb
PF: Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric, Richaun Holmes, Jerami Grant, Shawn Long, Ben Simmons (injured), Elton Brand (retiring)
C: Jahlil Okafor, Joel Embiid
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Joel Embiid ($6,100,266), Jahlil Okafor ($4,995,120), Nik Stauskas ($3,807,147)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Nerlens Noel
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Sergio Rodriguez, Brandon Paul, Cat Barber, Jerryd Bayless, Cat Barber, Elton Brand, Gerald Henderson, James Webb and Shawn Long.
- 1/10/17 — Elton Brand’s $1,551,659 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Hollis Thompson and Robert Covington’s $1,015,696 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980,431 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — T.J. McConnell’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Cat Barber, James Webb, Brandon Paul and Shawn Long’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Brandon Paul.
- 6/29/17 — Team options on Robert Covington and Jerami Grant.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nerlens Noel.
- 6/30/17 — Gerald Henderson’s $9 million guarantees for 2017/18.
- 8/9/17 — Robert Covington’s salary guarantees for $53,547 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Jahlil Okafor, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Joel Embiid and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/10/18 — Robert Covington’s $1,087,745 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Jerami Grant’s $1,051,245 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,014,746 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — James Webb, Cat Barber, Brandon Paul and Shawn Long’s $905,249 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Team options on Richaun Holmes and T.J. McConnell.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shawn Long, Brandon Paul, James Webb, Joel Embiid, Cat Barber and Nik Stauskas.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1.0 million guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simons.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised team option to keep Hollis Thompson for the final year of his (still) non-guaranteed contract.
- 7/1/16 — Signed Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (2016-24th) to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/16 — Signed James Webb to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Shawn Long to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/6/16 — Signed Ben Simmons (2016-1st) to a $26.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Gerald Henderson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $18 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Reportedly signed Jerryd Bayless to a three-year, $27 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Sergio Rodriguez to a one-year, $8 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Dario Saric (2014-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Traded the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Sasha Kaun and cash $1.8 million.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Brandon Paul to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract, team option on second season.
- 8/4/16 – Robert Covington’s salary guaranteed for $50k for 2016-17.
- 8/26/16 — Traded Kendall Marshall to Utah Jazz for Tibor Pleiss, two 2017 second-rounders and $1.6 million.
- 8/31/16 — Signed Cat Barber to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract.
- 9/8/16 – Signed Elton Brand to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,551,659 contract.
Waived Players: Sasha Kaun, Tibor Pleiss, Carl Landry
Traded Players: Kendall Marshall
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Elton Brand (implicit)
Head Coach: Brett Brown (four-year deal, starting for 2013-14 season; two-year extension)
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Jerry Colangelo — chairman of basketball operations
- Bryan Colangelo — president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Brandon Williams — vice president of basketball administration
- Sachin Gupta — vice president of basketball operations
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — associate vice president and chief of staff
- 2017 — Owed two second-rounders from Utah Jazz the lowest and highest of Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons and Jazz (Tibor Pleiss).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2017 — Have the right to swap first-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Ish Smith).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens), which can be swapped with the New York Knicks at Sixers’ discretion (Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans), right to swap with Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder from Sacramento Kings (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Furkan Korkmaz (2016th-26th, cap hold $1,026,300)
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
- Bird: None
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins ($980,431 cap hold)*
- Non-Bird: Byron Mullens ($980,431 cap hold)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $1.8 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (Sasha Kaun); $1.6 million from Utah Jazz (Tibor Pleiss)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Elton Brand.
D-League Affiliate: Delaware 87ers (Eugene Burroughs coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/20/16)