Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, T.J. McConnell, Landry Shamet
SG: J.J. Redick, Furkan Korkmaz, Jerryd Bayless
SF: Robert Covington, Wilson Chandler, Justin Anderson, Zhaire Smith
PF: Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
C: Joel Embiid, Amir Johnson (estimate), Richaun Holmes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Richaun Holmes $1,600,520
- T.J. McConnell $1,600,520
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th)
- Second-rounders: Shake Milton (2018-54th), Jonah Bolden (2017-36th), Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd)
- Room Exception — $4,449,9000
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- J.J. Redick — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: J.J. Redick (implicit), Amir Johnson (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Elton Brand general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brett Brown
Assistants: Jim O’Brien, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Marc Eversley — vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Ned Cohen — vice president of basketball operations and chief of staff
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- 2019 — Boston Celtics receive higher of the Sacramento Kings and Sixers first-rounders (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon, Isaac Bonga).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Can swap second-rounders with Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Khyri Thomas).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 to Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1.5 million from Los Angeles Lakers (Isaac Bonga)
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadlines for Jahlil Okafor and Justin Anderson.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz, Furkan Korkmaz, Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 1/10/19 — T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes’ $1,600,520 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Justin Anderson and Jahlil Okafor.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on J.J. Redick and Amir Johnson.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Ben Simmons.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz and Furkan Korkmaz.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/31/18 — Signed Coach Brett Brown to a contract extension.
- 6/7/18 — Bryan Colangelo resigned as president of basketball operations.
- 6/12/18 — Picked up team options and guaranteed T.J. McConnell and Richaun Holmes.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Mikal Bridges (10th), Landry Shamet (26th), Khyri Thomas (38th), Isaac Bonga (39th), Ray Spalding (56th), Kostas Antetokounmpo (60th)
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Mikal Bridges (2018-10th) to Phoenix Suns for the rights to Zhaire Smith (2018-16th) and a 2021 first-rounder.
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th) to Detroit Pistons for two second-rounders (2021 and 2023).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Ray Spalding (2018-56th) and Kostas Antetokounmpo (2018-60th) to Dallas Mavericks for Shake Milton (54th).
- 7/1/18 — Removed Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th) from the Sixers’ 208-19 salary cap, he is ineligible to sign with the team until 8/1/19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Zhaire Smith (2018-16th) to a $13,791,056 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/4/18 — Signed Landry Shamet (2018-26th) to a $11,305,026 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to J.J. Redick, Ersan Ilyasova, Marco Belinelli, Amir Johnson and Demetrius Jackson.
- 7/6/18 — Traded the rights to Isaac Bonga (2018-39th) to Los Angeles Lakers for a 2019 Chicago Bulls second-rounder and $1.5 million.
- 7/6/18 — Traded $110,000 to Denver Nuggets for Wilson Chandler, a 2021 second-rounder and the right to swap second-rounders in 2022.
- 7/6/18 — Signed J.J. Redick to a one-year, $12,250,000 contract.
- 7/16/18 — Re-signed Amir Johnson to a $2,393,887 minimum contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)