|Tim Duncan (waived)||$1,881,250|
|Livio Jean-Charles (waived)||$1,122,792|
|Nicolas Laprovittola (waived)||$210,995|
|Patricio Garino (waived)||$100,000|
|Ryan Arcidiacono (waived)||$75,000|
|Joel Anthony (expired 10-day)||$57,672|
|Joel Anthony (expired)||$57,672|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Dewayne Dedmon)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Tony Parker, Patty Mills
SG: Danny Green, Manu Ginobili, Bryn Forbes, Dejounte Murray
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Jonathon Simmons, Davis Bertans
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, Kyle Anderson
C: Dewayne Dedmon, Pau Gasol, Joel Anthony
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/22/16 — Manu Ginobili and David West opted out of the final years of their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dejounte Murray (29th)
- 6/27/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Boban Marjanovic.
- 6/29/16 — Tim Duncan opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Boris Diaw’s $7.0 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Boris Diaw and a 2022 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for the rights to Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st).
- 7/13/16 — Removed the cap hold of Nikola Milutinov. He will not play in the NBA for the 2016/17 season.
- 7/14/16 — Renounced the rights to Kevin Martin, Matt Bonner and Andre Miller.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Pau Gasol to a two-year, $31.7 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $5.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Dejounte Murray (2016-29th) to a $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Davis Bertans (2011-42nd) to a two-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($75,000).
- 7/14/16 — Signed Manu Ginobili to a one-year $14 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Livio Jean-Charles (2013-28th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/29/16 — Signed Patricio Garino to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($100,000).
- 7/30/16 — Jonathon Simmons’ $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/2/16 — Signed David Lee to a two-year, $3,157,626 contract, player option on second season.
- 9/9/16 — Signed Ryan Richards (2010-49th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Marcus Denmon (2012-59th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Nicolas Laprovittola to one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Joel Anthony to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,410,598 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Picked up fourth-year team option on Kyle Anderson.
- 1/10/17 — Bryn Forbes’ $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/23/17 — Signed Joel Anthony to a 10-day $82,976 contract.
- 2/2/17 — Signed Joel Anthony to a 10-day $82,976 contract.
- 2/12/17 — Signed Joel Anthony for the remainder of the season at $497,858.
Waived Players: Tim Duncan, Marcus Denmon, Ryan Richards, Livio Jean-Charles, Joel Anthony, Ryan Arcidiacono, Patricio Garino, Nicolas Laprovittola
Traded Players: Boris Diaw
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Joel Anthony (two)
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, James Borrego, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant trainer), Anthony Falsone (Athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Monty Williams — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Tiago Splitter).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th)
- Second-rounders: Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
- David Lee — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (coach Ken McDonald)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/1/17)